Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66319 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#62630 Jun 27, 2013
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
12' is three steps away. Could have started to stand up and staggered backwards. Your point? Zimmerman should not have to prove his innocence. The State must prove his guilt. Remember that. Where is the evidence supporting this? I don't see it and i don't think the jurors do either.
...What?...Prove his guilt?....Wait, what?......Think they wish, they woulda paid attention in school?....LOL......
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#62631 Jun 27, 2013
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
12' is three steps away. Could have started to stand up and staggered backwards. Your point?.....
_OK. So you say Martin staggered and fell 6 feet away?
So, can you reconcile above possibility with Zimmerman's statement that he had to slide from underneath Martin's dead body in order to get up?

_If:
1. Martin was on top of Zimmerman while on concrete path and was shot there
2. Martin's body was found 12 feet away from concrete
3. Zimmerman stated that he had to slide from underneath Martin's dead body in order to get up

How do you explain Martin's body ended up on top of Zimmerman on the grass 12 feet away from concrete after the shot?

Would you please show me a scenario where Martin's body would end up on top of Zimmerman 12 feet away from concrete if Trayvon was banging George's head on the cement when he got shot?

#1 and #3 above cannot be reconciled!
The Truth

Charlottesville, VA

#62632 Jun 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
the thug pedophile must prove self-defense. Remember that.
Actually, "Wheels" you have it bass ackwards, Zimmerman is innocant until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent.

Why does your flawed logic not suprise me, because that has always been your MO.

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#62633 Jun 27, 2013
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got to realize how stupid you sound. Either that or your so blinded by racism that you refuse to look at the evidence supporting Zimmerman's story. There is NO evidence supporting Zimmerman's guilt. Wake up.
So far all the witnesses for the prosecution are liars, but the low life Martin supporters could care less. The racist haters are out to railroad Zimmerman.

Atlanta, GA

#62634 Jun 27, 2013
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
12' is three steps away.....I don't see it and i don't think the jurors do either.
Well, in closing statement, Prosecution is gonna tie Zimmerman's statement with the pictures of Martin's body found 12 feet away from concrete... Self-defense? NOT!
Nellie

Elkton, FL

#62635 Jun 27, 2013
HLN is doing its best to convict G.Z...what will they do if he is proven INNOCENT.......

Location hidden

#62636 Jun 27, 2013
Nellie wrote:
HLN is doing its best to convict G.Z...what will they do if he is proven INNOCENT.......
Absolutely.....That "L" in HLN, stands for LYNCHMOB......Especially Nancy Grace.....
Inspector Beaver

Cuba City, WI

#62637 Jun 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>By George....You've struck LOGIC GOLD....Many in life will alway's insist acting like the poor, sad, underinformed and unemployable dregs of society...truly the worst racists among us.......As, everyone will reach their own zeniths.....
The lack of education is disturbing, but the culture, the music, the drugs, and the lifestyle feeds on this ignorance, racism, and rebellion against authority and the police.

It's a powerful force.

Atlanta, GA

#62638 Jun 27, 2013
Nellie wrote:
Look at page 4 of Zimmerman's statement to the Sanford Police.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/06/22...

1_Zimmerman said he had to slide from underneath Martin's dead body..

2_Also, Zimmerman said he shot Martin because Trayvon was slamming George's head on concrete

3_George said Martin sat up after he shot him, we would expect both bodies to be near concrete, NOT 12 feet away....

_ Well, the truth as shown in pictures submitted as evidence, Martin's dead body was found about 12 feet away from concrete. So, there is no way Martin could slam George's head on pavement from such distance
Inspector Beaver

Cuba City, WI

#62639 Jun 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Carefully use some discretion in selecting your battles, here....Some just won't be worth the effort, they are way too racist, and think George should be hung, no matter the evidence.....they aren't worth it, longterm.....just sayin....lol....
But it's so much fun!!!...lol.

Atlanta, GA

#62640 Jun 27, 2013
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
So far all the witnesses for the prosecution are liars, but the low life Martin supporters could care less. The racist haters are out to railroad Zimmerman.
I believe there are quite a number of Filipino Negroes. Hope they understand how racist you are and treat you as such....

Location hidden

#62641 Jun 27, 2013
Inspector Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
The lack of education is disturbing, but the culture, the music, the drugs, and the lifestyle feeds on this ignorance, racism, and rebellion against authority and the police.
It's a powerful force.
I wonder, quite often about all the honorable people that gave their lives, during the Civil War....then wonder, was it truly worth it.....most blacks have not earned that support yet.....
Traybon B Algone

Newport News, VA

#62642 Jun 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
the thug pedophile must prove self-defense. Remember that.
Noooooo....Prosecution must prove guilt and intent. Remember THAT.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#62643 Jun 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder, quite often about all the honorable people that gave their lives, during the Civil War....then wonder, was it truly worth it.....most blacks have not earned that support yet.....
How sad people like you still breath American air.

Atlanta, GA

#62644 Jun 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder, quite often about all the honorable people that gave their lives, during the Civil War....then wonder, was it truly worth it.....most blacks have not earned that support yet.....
GOP/Fox News Nostalgia about slavery?

I can imagine an America with slaves fighting Hitler and Sadam Hussein for the freedom of others??????
Traybon B Algone

Newport News, VA

#62645 Jun 27, 2013
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not looking for what they are calling justice....they are looking for revenge. Plain and simple. Traybon and a similar attitude against the Z-man. "Whos this old cracka following me" "I'll show him" heheh...oops.
TRUTH

Louisville, KY

#62646 Jun 27, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
_OK. So you say Martin staggered and fell 6 feet away?
So, can you reconcile above possibility with Zimmerman's statement that he had to slide from underneath Martin's dead body in order to get up?
_If:
1. Martin was on top of Zimmerman while on concrete path and was shot there
2. Martin's body was found 12 feet away from concrete
3. Zimmerman stated that he had to slide from underneath Martin's dead body in order to get up
How do you explain Martin's body ended up on top of Zimmerman on the grass 12 feet away from concrete after the shot?
Would you please show me a scenario where Martin's body would end up on top that ALLof Zimmerman 12 feet away from concrete if Trayvon was banging George's head on the cement when he got shot?
#1 and #3 above cannot be reconciled!
Ever been in a fight? Apparently not. It's easy to look back on something and judge it harshly. Otherwise, you would realize that during fights things aren't always crystal clear. You have got to realize that NONE of the evidence incriminates Zimmerman. To exercise self-defense he simply had to fear for his life. He was beaten severely and reasonably was fearful that another blow from the concrete or Martin's hands might result in unconsciousness. Ultimately, in Zimmerman's mind that would equal death. This case is entirely consisted of reasonable doubt. To convict this man would be criminal.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#62647 Jun 27, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at page 4 of Zimmerman's statement to the Sanford Police.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/06/22...
1_Zimmerman said he had to slide from underneath Martin's dead body..
2_Also, Zimmerman said he shot Martin because Trayvon was slamming George's head on concrete
3_George said Martin sat up after he shot him, we would expect both bodies to be near concrete, NOT 12 feet away....
_ Well, the truth as shown in pictures submitted as evidence, Martin's dead body was found about 12 feet away from concrete. So, there is no way Martin could slam George's head on pavement from such distance
LOL, George writes cursive just about as well as DeeDee reads it.

Given that he was in business and a recent criminal justice student it seems he'd be more apt to print than use cursive on a police report, just saying.
Inspector Beaver

Cuba City, WI

#62648 Jun 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Some day...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#62649 Jun 27, 2013
TRUTH wrote:
This case is entirely consisted of reasonable doubt.
There is no doubt what was in the pedophile's mind, and it is up to the defense to prove he was in fear of his life.

Not the prosecution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Fort Bliss soldier's manslaughter trial ... 59 min Huey Goins 2
News Tyer Calls For $1M Police Department... 1 hr cops are degener... 14
News Leslie Merritt Jr. talks about dismissed freewa... 3 hr Wagonmaster 2
News Man charged in drive-by faces new homicide count 3 hr Jaime 2
News Child-shooting 'epidemic' 8 hr Phil Farringdon 1
News Drive-by bullets riddle Fort Myers home 11 hr douno 2
News Sian Williams' husband praises her bravery foll... 11 hr Three Rounds 1
More from around the web