Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66306 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

flbadcatowner

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#59558 May 31, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I am forever disappointed that my state has allowed this charade of a case to proceed....i hate the whole social engineering concept, by our supposed leaders.....
Zimmerman should never have tried to be an unnecessary hero in the first place. He is not properly trained to handle such a situation and there was no evidence he was up to no good prior to Zimmerman following him. Florida law will likely let him off the hook for his tragic lack of judgment, however.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#59559 May 31, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman should never have tried to be an unnecessary hero in the first place. He is not properly trained to handle such a situation and there was no evidence he was up to no good prior to Zimmerman following him. Florida law will likely let him off the hook for his tragic lack of judgment, however.
A strange black teen, in a gated community, where he does'nt live.....a community where 8 previous breakins were by black teens.....a teen that tries to dodge and hide himself from the watchman......care to redefine your post? I do agree there is basically no strength to the state's case.....
Safe Loans Humility

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#59560 May 31, 2013
Yes Zimmerman was being vigilant. When he saw a person who matched the description of recent burglary suspects, he decided to make a smart choice and call the police.The way he has done in the past..

I hope most homeowners would appreciate a concerned neighbor..

He is overcharged and that will be the hardest part for the prosecution.

Trying to proof to the jury that Zimmerman confronted Martin,thats the whole case.

flbadcatowner

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#59561 May 31, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>A strange black teen, in a gated community, where he does'nt live.....a community where 8 previous breakins were by black teens.....a teen that tries to dodge and hide himself from the watchman......care to redefine your post? I do agree there is basically no strength to the state's case.....
Assume makes an ASS(of)U(and)ME. He was staying with his father and simply heading back from the store and Zimmerman's recklessness, although perhaps not illegal, did lead to an unnecessary death. His attempts to hide could just as easily been a feeling of being pursued. Your excuses for Zimmerman just fall flat. Martin had at least as much right to run from Zimmerman as Zimmerman had to follow him . Martin had no way of knowing if Zimmerman meant him harm or not.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#59562 May 31, 2013
Son of Swampudd wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat perp.
Democrat aggitator.
stay in school, sonny.

Location hidden

#59563 May 31, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>A strange black teen, in a gated community, where he does'nt live.
He lived there when the pedophile shot him.

I know his being black on the sidewalk disturbs you but it is no longer illegal.

Location hidden

#59564 May 31, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
.a teen that tries to dodge and hide himself from the watchman.
The pedophile isn't and wasn't a watchman.

He was a cop pretend-to-be, and the areas police knew him as a pest.

The Martin boy was fearful and gee willikers: the pedophile would end up chasing him down and shooting him dead.

Location hidden

#59565 May 31, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I do agree there is basically no strength to the state's case.....
Funny how the state is still there over a year later and O'Mara is in a panic.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59568 May 31, 2013
Son of Swampudd wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat perp.
Democrat aggitator.
Democrat mob.
Wipe your ass before it starts to trickle down.
Numbnut!
Not to mention a Democrat shooter. That's right, Zim is a registered Democrat.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59570 May 31, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>All they knew about the guy was he was suspected of driving without a seat belt on. So a cop chased him down though peoples backyards with his car and killed him. He was lucky there nobody standing in their own backyard at the time or he would have killed them also. And you try to justify that kind of behavior on the part of the police.
I didn't read anything about driving over fences or into yards. If the police officer did something wrong, it will come out after the investigation which isn't nearly completed yet. Chances are that after the investigation, it will reveal much more than the newspapers told you.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59571 May 31, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>It is now illegal to have a picture of a gun on your phone? The perfect example of Rat Wing spin. A picture of a gun on a cell phone you have spun into he was a mad out of control killer in possession of a stolen gun. You Rat Wingers don't care how ridiculous your lies are. That is why you keep losing election.
They didn't want the jury see the picture of his hand on a gun because it's illegal. They wanted to show the jury those pictures to counter the endless photos we've seen of Travon at a much younger age on a horsey.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59572 May 31, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>You're a moron, Sanford PD reports to the city manager, the mayor and the city commission don't control city employees.
The same holds true in most Florida cities with police departments.
You must be a topix troll, no one could be your kind of stupid yet know how to breathe.
What do you know? A flamer calling somebody else a troll. How liberal of you. These personal insults are part of nearly every liberal personality. I guess that's how you end up being raised by one parent and never knowing the other.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59573 May 31, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! So it's not the issue there were any drugs in his system?
But you don't offer the same for the victim?
interesting.
Yes it is. I mean if you get pulled over by a police officer and he takes note you are on prescription drugs with no driving restrictions, there's nothing he can do to you. Now what do you suppose a police officer does when he has a motorists who is on illegal narcotics driving an automobile? He gets arrested and his car towed. He gets charged for driving under the influence.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59574 May 31, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't appeal when acquitted.
Which is why he will be appealing for years to come, from his prison cell.

I hope they like fat boys in the big boy's prison. They do like fresh meat regardless of size I hear.

Location hidden

#59575 May 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pedophile isn't and wasn't a watchman.
He was a cop pretend-to-be, and the areas police knew him as a pest.
The Martin boy was fearful and gee willikers: the pedophile would end up chasing him down and shooting him dead.
But, but, but... he wanted to be a watchman after he couldn't get hired as a police officer.

Guess a wish list doesn't count.
Ken

Polk City, FL

#59576 May 31, 2013
Who really gives a crap about this rightfully dispatched dead ape

Location hidden

#59577 May 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the state is still there over a year later and O'Mara is in a panic.
This open and shut case is certainly expensive.$32,000 in 48 hours from O'Mara's begging presser.

He's not going to get the moola rolling in when he's filing appeals. The fat boy will be forgotten by the public.

You say 10. I say 25 mandatory minimum. Unless he cops a plea and at this time that doesn't appear likely.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59578 May 31, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Here we have the Sheriff's dept. It is an elected position that answers to the county court. They like to sit there at the speed sign that just dropped the speed 10 mph and if you don't slow down fast enough they nail you. If you were traveling 4 mph over the higher limit you probably won't slow down in time when the limit suddenly drops. Your the sucker they are looking for. They also like to set up at the bottom of long grades were it is easy to get rolling over the limit.
Oh please. They look for that with us truck drivers all the time. Yet most of us don't get tickets for that. And let me tell you, a 70,000 pound vehicle flies down those downgrades a hell of a lot faster than a 3,000 pound vehicle.

My biggest problem I have with other drivers are those who are not paying any attention. Talking on their cell phone with no regard to how fast they are going or what the speed limit even is. When a cop pulls somebody like that over, they are quite aware that this is a person not paying attention to anything.

Here in my state, our highway speed limits change depending on where you are at. In and closer to the city, the speed limit is 60 mph. Outside of the city it's 65 mph. So why would the police sit right there where those speed limits change? Because they nail all the drivers who are not paying attention.

If you wonder why I'm posting much later than usual, it's because I was involved in a ten car/truck accident on the highway this evening. When traffic came to a sudden stop, I was able to, but not the near dozen motorists behind me. They were not paying attention to safety distance. They were not paying attention to the people in front of them in the mist of water coming from the road because it was raining. Because of that, I didn't get home until 6 hours later than I normally would have. So especially tonight, I have no sympathy for motorists who don't pay attention to WTF they are doing.

Location hidden

#59579 May 31, 2013
Ken wrote:
Who really gives a crap about this rightfully dispatched dead ape
The justice system.

Location hidden

#59580 May 31, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>And I suppose you deny you are a bigot. BTW, I am a white male.
He is the resident pervert. Most of his posts are deleted by Topix. He goes by hundreds of names bu we all know him as Buffoon Bill, resident pervert.

He is a bigot, a hater, a mean spiteful old man who has no life. His only entertainment is ripping into legitimate posters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Jimmy Kimmel squarely blames Trump,... 3 hr big tiki 18
News Gerald Stanley acquittal renews calls for justi... 7 hr Adolf 9
News Burke Ramsey, JonBenet's brother, sues CBS in $... (Feb '17) 10 hr KCinNYC 123
News Laura Ingraham Hosts Segment On 'Safe' AR-15 Ho... 11 hr General Kabaka Oba 25
News Parkland, where the school shooting occurred, w... 13 hr MurphyMobile 10
News The Latest: Experts counsel shooting survivors ... 15 hr xyz 1
News NC lawmakers sidestep questions after mass shoo... 16 hr Say What 2
More from around the web