Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#59503 May 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
They are out there by the instructions of their supervisor who usually gets his instructions from the Mayor.
The solution to the problem is quite simple: obey the traffic laws, and nothing will happen to you.
We've had this very same discussion in our city Topix. People (particularly black people) complain about getting ticketed on Broadway Avenue which is 25 Mph. I've lived here almost 30 years, and I've never gotten a ticket on Broadway. That's because when I'm on Broadway, I don't do more than 29 Mph.
But the black people make all kinds of racial accusations, never once claiming that they were not speeding on Broadway. When I do drive on Broadway at 29 Mph, I have all kinds of black people in cars whizzing by me like I was standing still, yet then when they get a ticket, it's somehow racial.
Sorry, but going through what I go through every working day, we don't have enough cops giving out traffic tickets. Hell, if they could somehow permit me to give out traffic tickets, I could give out ten a day just in my 20 minute drive to work alone!
As for the complainers in my area, I tell them I'd rather have the city making money on offenders than I would them raising all of our taxes. I listen to my police scanner most every night. I can't tell you how many times cops have found people with more serious offenses just doing traffic stops. People carrying illegal narcotics, people with outstanding warrants, people with no drivers license, drunks and druggies. It's all fine with me to get them all off the road or in jail.
As far as your comment about a commercial vehicle, I think you should review "equal protection under the law" in our Constitution. While you're at it, check out the Forth Amendment too.
I would rather the city cut (in this case the county) the police budget and just have enough cops to handle real crime instead of looking for ways to bloat the Sheriffs dept..
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#59504 May 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two problems we have with situations like this: liberal judges, time and money.
Who would dare fight the US federal government all the way to the SC? Who has that kind of time? Who has the hundreds of thousands it would cost in lawyers fees? And what if by the time it gets to the SC, the majority are liberal judges who hate the Constitution to begin with?
Why is it cons feel it's another person's fault for these problems?

Cons keep making the claim of personal responsibility, then blame others for their problems...

.... if only the deck was stacked in their favor so it wouldn't be an issue.

amazing.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#59505 May 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two problems we have with situations like this: liberal judges, time and money.
Who would dare fight the US federal government all the way to the SC? Who has that kind of time? Who has the hundreds of thousands it would cost in lawyers fees? And what if by the time it gets to the SC, the majority are liberal judges who hate the Constitution to begin with?
You must be beginning to sense the road ahead for Zimmerman.

Good for you. About time you see the limits of what's happening.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#59506 May 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If he didn't look intoxicated, what's to check for? Prescription drugs are perfectly legal to take when carrying a firearm.
Ah! So it's not the issue there were any drugs in his system?

But you don't offer the same for the victim?

interesting.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#59508 May 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
They are out there by the instructions of their supervisor who usually gets his instructions from the Mayor.
The solution to the problem is quite simple: obey the traffic laws, and nothing will happen to you.
We've had this very same discussion in our city Topix. People (particularly black people) complain about getting ticketed on Broadway Avenue which is 25 Mph. I've lived here almost 30 years, and I've never gotten a ticket on Broadway. That's because when I'm on Broadway, I don't do more than 29 Mph.
But the black people make all kinds of racial accusations, never once claiming that they were not speeding on Broadway. When I do drive on Broadway at 29 Mph, I have all kinds of black people in cars whizzing by me like I was standing still, yet then when they get a ticket, it's somehow racial.
Sorry, but going through what I go through every working day, we don't have enough cops giving out traffic tickets. Hell, if they could somehow permit me to give out traffic tickets, I could give out ten a day just in my 20 minute drive to work alone!
As for the complainers in my area, I tell them I'd rather have the city making money on offenders than I would them raising all of our taxes. I listen to my police scanner most every night. I can't tell you how many times cops have found people with more serious offenses just doing traffic stops. People carrying illegal narcotics, people with outstanding warrants, people with no drivers license, drunks and druggies. It's all fine with me to get them all off the road or in jail.
As far as your comment about a commercial vehicle, I think you should review "equal protection under the law" in our Constitution. While you're at it, check out the Forth Amendment too.
You're a moron, Sanford PD reports to the city manager, the mayor and the city commission don't control city employees.

The same holds true in most Florida cities with police departments.

You must be a topix troll, no one could be your kind of stupid yet know how to breathe.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#59514 May 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Funny how the pedophile supporters keep forgetting it was the Republican governor who appointed the Republican prosecutor who made the case before the Republican judge to indite...
Trayvon's gun can now be entered in the Zimmerman self defense. This 'son' of Obama was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong intention.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#59515 May 30, 2013
RayOne wrote:
Trayvon's gun...
where oh where is Martin's gun?

Deltona Fla

#59516 May 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
where oh where is Martin's gun?
It is being kept in the imagination of Rat Wingers.

Deltona Fla

#59517 May 30, 2013
RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>Trayvon's gun can now be entered in the Zimmerman self defense. This 'son' of Obama was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong intention.
Trayvon did not have a gun stupid.
No Exuses

Columbus, OH

#59518 May 30, 2013
Breed Accountability NOT Blame !!!!

A culture of blame

Kills all hope of initiative.
Teaches people to avoid.
Turns high function into dysfunction.
Elevates politics while deflating spirit.
Disengages for the purpose of self-preservation.
Wastes time that could be spent on results

Trayvon punched a man with a gun.

Americans left to die in Benghazi.

IRS used to punish political foes.

Eric Holder press scandal.

Close Gitmo but use drones.

Fast and Furious

Listen to me "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59519 May 30, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>You are what is known as an idiot. My windows are factory tinted and completely legal. Claiming that factory tinted windows are justification for the cops to stop someone is moronic.
Your the idiot, factory tenting is legal, but sticking on some colored film on your vehicle window isn't.
chris532009

Lafayette, LA

#59521 May 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a m/f c/s liar.
Already proved.
Anything you say, prefixed, you are a liar so...: lie.
Same: Anything you say later:
Lie.
It's been proved over and over and over.
your post pretty much mimmicks a 6th grader, really should grow up, does your mom know you spend so much time on the internet

Deltona Fla

#59522 May 31, 2013
Son OJsons Sons Sons Son wrote:
<quoted text>
According to me the cops should stop ANTBODY driving around with window film on their front windows AT NIGHT!!!!!....
What I say numbnut?
Cops have to have a legal reason to pull someone over!!!!!
The cop must have believed you were in violation of something. You're lucky you didn't get popped for being stoned behind the wheel.
Keep on moaning. See where it gets you.
Having factory legal tint on your window in not reason for a cop to stop you. He also stated the reason he stopped me was I did not have a seat beat on. Not only did I have it on when he stopped me, I had just gotten off of I-4 and had been wearing it all the way from Tampa and I was still wearing it. So far all you have done is attempt to make up fictitious reasons to justify the cops behavior, just like the way you make up fictitious reasons to justify Zimmermen killing Martin.
However I believe you are mostly here because you enjoy acting obnoxious and being belligerent.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#59523 May 31, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Trayvon did not have a gun stupid.
but one was close at hand
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#59524 May 31, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Travon did not own a gun. He smoked pot?? That makes people passive not aggressive. Just more of the rapist defense.
but can you imagine how agressive martin would have been without that influence

Deltona Fla

#59525 May 31, 2013
Son OJsons Sons Sons Son wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....Sounds to me like YOU are the one who smokes pot. Just more of the pot smokers defense I suppose. eh numbnut?
If you have never smoked pot you are in a very small minority in this country. Contrary to your "Reefer Madness" view of pot, the fact is it makes people passive, not violent. This case has turned into a Rat Wing spin circus.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#59526 May 31, 2013
whooom wrote:
<quoted text>If he didn't own a gun why was the trying to sell a .22 and posting pics with a 9mm?
that was stolen, everyone know you cannot obtain rights to stolen property till the actual owner releases rights and is properly paid

Deltona Fla

#59527 May 31, 2013
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the idiot, factory tenting is legal, but sticking on some colored film on your vehicle window isn't.
Maybe you should take a remedial reading course. I have repeatedly stated my tint came stock out of the factory and was on the truck when I bought it off the lot. But like a typical Rat Winger you choose to keep ignoring that fact and keep screaming about illegally dark tint.
Son OJasons Sons Sons Son

UK

#59528 May 31, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Having factory legal tint on your window in not reason for a cop to stop you. He also stated the reason he stopped me was I did not have a seat beat on. Not only did I have it on when he stopped me, I had just gotten off of I-4 and had been wearing it all the way from Tampa and I was still wearing it. So far all you have done is attempt to make up fictitious reasons to justify the cops behavior, just like the way you make up fictitious reasons to justify Zimmermen killing Martin.
However I believe you are mostly here because you enjoy acting obnoxious and being belligerent.
I enjoy holding a mirror up in the faces of hypocritical liberals and nasty fem boys like yourself and then watching them scramble and squirm. You people always gotta complain about the police. Obey the law and you wont have to worry,....and you'll NEVER have to complain.

Funny how I never get pulled over unless I got a tail light out. I'm a law abiding citizen. You are a cry baby, with a criminal mindset. You are a danger to society. I hope the cops keep on pulling you over until they throw your ass into the slam once and for all.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#59529 May 31, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As pointed out after the trial, those type of gloves won't fit anybody once you got them wet. It's suspected that somebody tampered with those gloves so they couldn't fit.
And I doubt Simpson had the time to do it if indeed those gloves were even his. The prosecution might have found him guilty if the police investigating the case hadn't tried to create additional evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police shootings are rarity in region 12 min Lol 13
News 'Don't Do This. They're Our Kids!': Texas Fathe... 15 hr Think Again 2
News Obama to seek healing in Orlando even as politi... 23 hr OK Barry 61
News Vigil set in Allentown after Orlando club shooting Sun silly rabbit 15
News Newspaper: Man given clemency in murder case fa... Jun 25 LGBT for NCexit a... 1
News Man who shot 3-year-old boy was celebrating gan... Jun 25 bozo 1
News Dalon Smoot Jun 24 d pants 3
More from around the web