Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66309 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#59307 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No law says Zimmerman had to stay in his truck or not roam the neighborhood freely.
And the same rules apply to Martin.
Robert

Polk City, FL

#59308 May 27, 2013
Trayvon Martin was nothing but the typical black thug punk that roams around looking for a crime of opportunity. When approached they will attack or if caught they will scream brutality and unfairness.

This ferral black thug got exactly what he deserved. He made the choice to attack plain and simple. He didn't live there he had no reason to be there. As much as everyone may want to criticize Zimmerman he was well within his right to follow this suspicious thug and call the police like he did. Trayvon could have just stopped, sat down at the curb and awaited the police and explain everything to them, instead he felt "derespected" and decided to attack Zimmerman.

If Trayvon had half a brain and was able to control his inner animal we would have never heard of him.

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59311 May 28, 2013
Robert wrote:
Trayvon Martin was nothing but the typical black thug punk that roams around looking for a crime of opportunity. When approached they will attack or if caught they will scream brutality and unfairness.
This ferral black thug got exactly what he deserved. He made the choice to attack plain and simple. He didn't live there he had no reason to be there. As much as everyone may want to criticize Zimmerman he was well within his right to follow this suspicious thug and call the police like he did. Trayvon could have just stopped, sat down at the curb and awaited the police and explain everything to them, instead he felt "derespected" and decided to attack Zimmerman.
If Trayvon had half a brain and was able to control his inner animal we would have never heard of him.
You are very right, now his low life people are out in mass to get Zimmerman, including several on this blog.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#59312 May 28, 2013
Mr Z was just doing his job and reporting suspicious activity. Anytime a black buck is stumbling around in a gated community hes suspicious. Being attacked by the blk buck Mr Z had no alternative but to provide more community service by elimainating the savage. End of story!

Jumping Jim

Location hidden

#59313 May 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Mr Z was just doing his job and reporting suspicious activity. Anytime a black buck is stumbling around in a gated community hes suspicious. Being attacked by the blk buck Mr Z had no alternative but to provide more community service by elimainating the savage. End of story!
You got that right.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59314 May 28, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just the way they are. Martin's not the exception but more the rule. An exception would mean he would have acted like civilized people do in the same type situation's.
Just common sense shows Martin would be just like 99% of other black 17 yo teens. It's just the way they are.
There's some truth to that.

I watch the show COPS when Fox actually airs it on Saturday nights. The episodes with white people in it are boring. They catch a white guy breaking the law, the guy is usually honest with the cops. The drugs are in the glove compartment, yes, I was smoking some when you pulled me over, no, this isn't really my car and so on.

They catch a black guy, he starts fighting with the cop, then he runs away and the cops have to chase him, when they catch him, he's struggling to get away, then they have to drag him to the police car where he denies the drugs are his even though they were at his feet. The gun they found after the chase is not his. LOL.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59315 May 28, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>There's that opinion again.
The only person we know who was chasing anyone is Zimmerman chasing Martin.
So that gave Martin the right to hide in the dark, wait for Zimmerman to get off the phone and attack him?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59316 May 28, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So what's your point?
The point is that Zimmerman didn't target Martin because of his race. He targeted Martin based on other factors such as he fit the description of the thieves who were plaguing the complex. There were plenty of minorities who lived there. It wasn't a race thing at all because when he called the police, he wasn't sure what race Martin was.
chris532009

Lafayette, LA

#59317 May 28, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Let me say something about a right not to be followed unless there is a very good reason for it. How would you feel if somebody was obviously following you? Would you think it was nice and proper of somebody to do so? And wouldn't you feel threatened and possible consider defending yourself? While technically, there is no right not to be followed except under certain narrowly defined provisions of the law, there is also unfortunately no law against the type of foolishness engaged in by Zimmerman that led to the fatal altercation. Unlike Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin had no criminal arrest record.
he had a criminall record, it s just erroneously filed as juvinellle record. that needs to change as it has plagued this nation with a deplorable crime problem, seriously destroying the quality of life
chris532009

Lafayette, LA

#59318 May 28, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Always black people, funny how that is.
Still waiting for that proof: you say the pedophile only followed Martin for ten seconds...
80 times...
they do commit the majority of the crime, not just this land, world wide, and they are not the minority, caucasians are the minority, 2.2 billion blacks on the planet only 700 million caucasians

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Location hidden

#59320 May 28, 2013
Barefoot, you around?

What do you think of O'Mara continuously trying to pollute the jury pool by smearing the victim, Trayvon Martin?

He has done this for so long, using some truth. Making up lies has also been part of it, such as the MMA lie.

Location hidden

#59321 May 28, 2013
Catwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmermans zeal did not cost the young man his life. The young man lost his life because of his own violent response to Zimmerman's action. The suspects in the recent robberies were all young, black, strangers, acting suspicious in the neighborhood,...if that isn't probable cause to get involved and call the police I don't know what is.
If a black man in a black neighborhood followed was following me like Zimmerman followed Martin I'd be nervous too.....because I'd know that the black man wasn't following me because he suspected me of a crime. I know he'd be following me to rob a cracker in his neighborhood, and probably kick my ass, and maybe even kill me.
There's a big difference between these two scenarios because Zimmerman was waiting for the police to arrive. Who calls police before they kill somebody in cold blood?....Nobody!......That's because murderers don't like the police either.
Zimmerman wasn't waiting for police to arrive. He was rushing to murder Trayvon before the cops arrived. That's why he wouldn't keep LE on the line.

Zimmerman called police before he killed Trayvon in cold blood. He did that to establish an excuse for his reason for murder.

Location hidden

#59322 May 28, 2013
Catwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmermans zeal did not cost the young man his life.
No, Zimmerman's hot temper, lack of self control and violent personality cost Trayvon his life.

Location hidden

#59323 May 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No law says Zimmerman had to stay in his truck or not roam the neighborhood freely.
No, but he should have, just as the rules dictate.

No law says Trayvon had to go home.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59324 May 28, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but he should have, just as the rules dictate.
No law says Trayvon had to go home.
No, but there are laws stating you can't assault people.

Zim had no rules to follow. He was not on neighborhood watch that night. No landlord can dictate people who are legally allowed to carry a firearm not carry in their complex.

Location hidden

#59325 May 28, 2013
Robert wrote:
If Zimmerman had half a brain and had been able to control his inner animal we would have never heard of him.

Well, not yet anyway. He would have snapped sooner or later.

Location hidden

#59326 May 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but there are laws stating you can't assault people.
Zim had no rules to follow. He was not on neighborhood watch that night. No landlord can dictate people who are legally allowed to carry a firearm not carry in their complex.
Yet, Zimmerman followed, stalked, accosted, assaulted and murdered Trayvon, an unarmed teen.

The HOA has already paid big bucks to Trayvon's parents.

Location hidden

#59327 May 28, 2013
O'Mara knows full well that the crap he is putting out there is not admissible, because it is not relevant. It's called tainting the jury pool.

Location hidden

#59328 May 28, 2013
All prosecution motions were granted today. All defense motions were denied.

This judge knows the law, that's for sure.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59330 May 28, 2013
zazz wrote:
All prosecution motions were granted today. All defense motions were denied.
This judge knows the law, that's for sure.
Sounds to me like the judge is pretty biased. Narcotics in the blood is not admissible in court? WTF is that about? Especially when it's pretty obvious Martin attacked Zimmerman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gang member testifies against former gang mento... (Mar '10) 11 hr The smart one out... 22
News Decay Arraigned on Two Counts of Capital Murder (May '07) 12 hr Onlygodcanjudge 181
News Tattoo shop murder suspects indicted (May '08) 19 hr Wise22 72
News In 6 years, 53 blacks shot Sat Guest 37
News Lifetime Is Making a TV Movie about Robert Durs... Fri Texxy 2
News Reporter Goes Where Liberal Media Won't, Asks S... Fri spud 63
News Texas girl admits she FAKED kidnapping and gang... Mar 23 Posted to ur book... 1
More from around the web