Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
47,061 - 47,080 of 66,017 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#59170 May 24, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing wrong with racial profiling, if the bank was robbed by two black men driving a white 4 door car, there is no need to interview white men nor those driving red corvette s, some people just get to wrapped up in stupid propaganda espoused by a media which adores this state of anarchy they have created for their selling there otherwise unnecessary insurance and banking scams
Except that racial profiling cost Trayvon Martin his life.
Im a victim

Las Vegas, NV

#59172 May 24, 2013
traythug failure wrote:
Africa, where they burn witches and starve children to death. Why do you think Obama has to feed and raise the blacks.
(CNN)-- Items taken from Trayvon Martin's cell phone -- including a text-message discussion of drug use and pictures of a gun and marijuana plants -- are among new details released Thursday by attorneys for the neighborhood watch volunteer accused of killing him without provocation 14 months ago.
The evidence, George Zimmerman's attorneys say, paints a different picture of the 17-year-old than the one portrayed by his family and supporters. Lead defense attorney Mark O'Mara says he will try to use the evidence if prosecutors attempt to attack Zimmerman's character during his trial on second-degree murder charges, set to begin next month.
Also Thursday, O'Mara filed motions in court. One asks for sanctions against the state for withholding evidence and for saying it didn't have more evidence when asked. The second requests that his client's trial be delayed.
Much of the new evidence disclosed Thursday in filings by Zimmerman's attorneys comes from Martin's cell phone, including photos showing a semiautomatic pistol and ammunition and small marijuana plants growing in pots.
In other pictures, Martin is pictured making obscene gestures in an apparent self-portrait, as well pictures showing him with friends and in other settings.
The text messages include a conversation from November 2011 in which he appears to say his mother has kicked him out of the house after "da police caught me outta skool."
"So you just turning into a lil hoodlum," the person with whom he is texting says.
"Naw, I'm a gangsta," the text message read.
In other messages, text message exchanges appear to be discussing guns.
"U wanna share a .380 w/(blacked out)," one text message sent from Martin's phone reads.
The text messaging logs are also peppered with references to marijuana use.
"I got weed nd I get money Friday," a message sent from his phone reads.
"I hid m weed," another text sent from Martin's phone reads. "its wrapped."
Nothing but a loser black trash.
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, It's a fkn duck!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#59173 May 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. I will deny it. This "tainting the jury pool" is nothing more than a scapegoat to stop defense from bringing forth a more accurate profile of Martin. The prosecution is going to try and convince jurors that Martin was this clean-cut kid who wouldn't harm a fly. People in this forum have tried to do the same thing with this "child" crap. But when we post what Martin really looked like; what illegal activities Martin was involved with; that this "child" was over six feet tall!
Like I said, this new evidence is nothing more than BS repellant. They are requesting this evidence be allowed into the trial to stop prosecution from lying as they've been since the beginning of this case.
Ah! Profiling. This is what I mean about the defense wiggling more like a frightened minnow than an attacking shark.

Now you "know" what the prosecution is going to do? Talk about trying to divert attention away from the actual issue.

Last I checked, this wasn't a character trial. But you clearly want to make the switch and eliminate the actual function of it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#59174 May 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do we need to go through them?
If you're saying your opinions are facts, you don't need to go through them.

You put them on the table "as evidence" on a regular basis.
muslims did it

Chicago, IL

#59175 May 25, 2013
why is this thread have 47K posts ?? Why are you guys keep talking about that negro Travis and the latino who killed him ?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59176 May 25, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing wrong with racial profiling, if the bank was robbed by two black men driving a white 4 door car, there is no need to interview white men nor those driving red corvette s, some people just get to wrapped up in stupid propaganda espoused by a media which adores this state of anarchy they have created for their selling there otherwise unnecessary insurance and banking scams
You are very right about profiling, but not politically correct.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#59177 May 25, 2013
catwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh spare me catshiite!....lol.... How about some profanity to describe you then?....Humm?....Lighten up there cat person. You ain't a scardy cat is you?....Ha ha ha ha ha.
How about posting as a registered user instead of a chicken Little grayboxer. Posting registered would counter the image you that are nothing but a yellow bellied wimp hiding behind a graybox identity.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#59178 May 25, 2013
muslims did it wrote:
why is this thread have 47K posts ?? Why are you guys keep talking about that negro Travis and the latino who killed him ?
Why does it bother you that we're discussing the case? Just can't ignore the topic apparently. You have to chime in and criticize others.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#59179 May 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! Profiling. This is what I mean about the defense wiggling more like a frightened minnow than an attacking shark.
Now you "know" what the prosecution is going to do? Talk about trying to divert attention away from the actual issue.
Last I checked, this wasn't a character trial. But you clearly want to make the switch and eliminate the actual function of it!
Oh please. The prosecution has been doing their best to stop the defense from getting evidence they need. The state is scared as all hell that Zim walks free.

If the prosecution decides to try this case honestly, then they don't have to worry about the defense bringing up thugs facebook, school records or text messages. It's prosecution that's going to try and make this a character thing--not defense. But the defense does have to be ready for such an approach by prosecution. It's likely prosecution will use that strategy because they have absolutely no evidence to support a murder (or even manslaughter) charge. None.

That being said, it's the defenses dream that prosecution sticks with the evidence of this case and go right to the nitty-gritty. Because if the prosecution does that, it will be a two day trial with a hands-down not-guilty verdict. This prosecution doesn't want to look like the idiots that tried the Duke Lacrosse case. Talk about embarrassment and a black eye.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#59180 May 25, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Except that racial profiling cost Trayvon Martin his life.
How about criminal profiling since it's believed the thieves that were behind all those house robberies looked like Martin? It was a combination of race, age, attire, and being a person that didn't live there. Add to the fact when you take off running for no reason other than some guy is sitting in his car talking on the phone, you have all the makings of a suspicious person.

Sorry, that worn out race card just doesn't work any more.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#59181 May 25, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>By the mailboxes as Zimmernam initially agreed to per the official police 911 transcript and then changed his mind about it. There certainly was an suggestion to meet by the mailboxes as the transcript clearly shows. Talk about denial! It was right in the transcripts. And my point was to demonstrate that there was no proof Zimmerman backed off on his pursuit of Martin which certainly does have an impact on things as it opens the door to the possibility that Martin felt threatened and felt he was acting in self defense.
As Zimmerman told police, he went to get an address from the house on the street on the east border of the complex. That's why he decided to have the police call him. The police could have been one street away or they could have been a half-hour away. Zimmerman didn't know and didn't want to miss them if they were around the corner. It proves absolutely nothing.

As you can see, Zimmerman was a distance from the mailboxes:

http://www.google.com/search...
flabbycatwhacker

Tempe, AZ

#59182 May 25, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>How about posting as a registered user instead of a chicken Little grayboxer. Posting registered would counter the image you that are nothing but a yellow bellied wimp hiding behind a graybox identity.
Hows about answering the questions and not beating around the bush?

And what makes you think I'm stupid enough to register?

ROFLMFAO!
Puskycatwhacker

Chicago, IL

#59183 May 25, 2013
Splat!!!!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#59184 May 25, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>NO I am saying there was no way he could not tell one way or the other.
The cop passed other police cars that had already stopped the car and then he used the car to run some 100 feet through a fence and into a garden and used deadly force to kill someone for a seat belt violation.

Anyone else would be in jail already.

Location hidden

#59185 May 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How about criminal profiling since it's believed the thieves that were behind all those house robberies looked like Martin?
How bout proving that your pedophile hero followed this boy for no more than ten seconds?

As you said?

Putting your racist rants about all blacks being burglars aside?

Location hidden

#59186 May 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As Zimmerman told police, he went to get an address
Funny how the mail boxes were in the opposite direction and that the pedophile had lived there for three years and even though there were but two streets he didn't know... the address?

Of course, you also told us that the pedophile only followed Martin for no more than ten seconds and even though you have been asked for proof five dozen times, you can't seem to remember to back what you say.

Location hidden

#59187 May 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
It's prosecution that's going to try and make this a character thing--not defense.
Funny how the defense is trying to put the boy on trial.

Why else would they need his school records?

The rapist always puts the victim on trial- he doesn't want people to look into his criminal records.

Such as the pedophile here who has a history of violence.
Puskycatwhacker

Herndon, VA

#59188 May 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout proving that your pedophile hero followed this boy for no more than ten seconds?
As you said?
Putting your racist rants about all blacks being burglars aside?
Nobody said all blacks are burglars. Nobody said all gays are pedophiles either but you are. Your use of the word is astounding.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#59189 May 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. The prosecution has been doing their best to stop the defense from getting evidence they need. The state is scared as all hell that Zim walks free.
If the prosecution decides to try this case honestly, then they don't have to worry about the defense bringing up thugs facebook, school records or text messages. It's prosecution that's going to try and make this a character thing--not defense. But the defense does have to be ready for such an approach by prosecution. It's likely prosecution will use that strategy because they have absolutely no evidence to support a murder (or even manslaughter) charge. None.
That being said, it's the defenses dream that prosecution sticks with the evidence of this case and go right to the nitty-gritty. Because if the prosecution does that, it will be a two day trial with a hands-down not-guilty verdict. This prosecution doesn't want to look like the idiots that tried the Duke Lacrosse case. Talk about embarrassment and a black eye.
Yep, it's not what they need, it's what they want.... character assassination instead of the case against Zimmerman. You keep concentrating on the victim and not the defendant, which is clearly a diversionary.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#59190 May 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How about criminal profiling since it's believed the thieves that were behind all those house robberies looked like Martin? It was a combination of race, age, attire, and being a person that didn't live there. Add to the fact when you take off running for no reason other than some guy is sitting in his car talking on the phone, you have all the makings of a suspicious person.
Sorry, that worn out race card just doesn't work any more.
Fine. So we're back to Zimmerman staying in his vehicle if that's who he truly believes he was up against.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 3 min neveratfault 1,326
Monrovia cousins convicted of murdering 16-year... (Jul '10) 6 hr choclett 349
Sebewaing teen on life support, police officer ... 7 hr Steel josh 1
Religious leaders call for outrage after baby s... 8 hr LouisvilleKYreport 1
Ex-corrections officer arraigned in fatal Swans... 9 hr Bluehawaii 2
Michael Brown's family prepares to say goodbye 11 hr Justshootthebastard 12
Michael Blagg Gets Appellate Hearing (Jul '08) 15 hr Rae 166
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••