Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#59069 May 23, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the very same girlfriend that lied under oath making claim she was hospitalized which is why she didn't attend Martin's funeral? That should go over well with the jury.
Lying under oath??? lol. Nobody has testified or even been deposed.
Son OJasons Sons Sons Son

Houston, TX

#59070 May 23, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Like must Rat Wing accusations you are blowing a lot of noise again. No idea of what you are talking about. The incident I was referring to was about 4 years ago. I had my wife, our daughter, and her faience. I was driving a Ram 1500 king with dark tint windows. Simply being on the road at a late hour is not a reason to be pulled over. The cop was doing what they call "pushing". He got up on me with his bright lights on and dogged me to see how I reacted. His lights were obnoxious enough that even my son in law had commented on "what is this a-holes problem." My wife had been asleep on the arm rest and it woke her up. Cars coming the other way were flashing their brights at him. Telling me he sopped me for a seat belt was his way of saying,"tough shit, I can stop anybody I want for no valid reason." Of course he couldn't see a seat belt. I was in a pickup truck with dark windows at night and he was behind me. But like I said, that is typical of the cops around here.
Assho1es who drive around at night with window film on their front windows are endangering the general public. It's hard enough to see at night without having to look through tinted glass. You think the window film will protect you and allow you to get away with smoking weed???.....WRONG!!!!....The cop has every right to pull your stupid ass over and check you for illegal narcotics and any other illegal acrtivities that he might suspect you are engaged in.

How does he know that you didn't just kidnap somebody and are going to rape and kill them?

Anybody who drives around with window film on their front windows automatically makes themselves a suspect. It's not normal or natural to hide behind darkened windows like that.

Police officers especially hate tinted windows because they get blown away when they approach the vehicles and never see it coming.

Don't expect to be treated with respect if you're gonna act like a moron. Expect to be stopped, detained, have your vehicle searched, be thrown into the slam, and get your sissy ass pummeled by all your liberal buddies in there.

XOXO.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#59071 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, no one really knows what Zimmerman was doing.
No one really knows what Martin was doing, either. Right?
Leggy Mountbatten

Denver, CO

#59072 May 23, 2013
azz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, he has a brain? I never suspected.
Well, well, look who's here as usual, old blabbermouth liar Azzhat.
For Real

Newport News, VA

#59073 May 23, 2013
Z-man gonna walk....they've got nothing and have run every path and came up ....EMPTY. He'll make millions on a book deal too. Wonder how Traybon's little girl friend feels for egging him on to attack Z-man......heheheh....wroooooo oooooong cracka.
For Real

Newport News, VA

#59074 May 23, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you can't read. I was responding to someone who claimed no guns is not a rule.
Zimmerman should have stayed in his car.
No LAW says you have to stay in your car???
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#59075 May 23, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
No one really knows what Martin was doing, either. Right?
Well, we know for a fact he ran away from Zimmerman while he was in his vehicle.

And Zimmerman gave chase....

Deltona Fla

#59076 May 23, 2013
Son OJasons Sons Sons Son wrote:
<quoted text>
Assho1es who drive around at night with window film on their front windows are endangering the general public. It's hard enough to see at night without having to look through tinted glass. You think the window film will protect you and allow you to get away with smoking weed???.....WRONG!!!!....The cop has every right to pull your stupid ass over and check you for illegal narcotics and any other illegal acrtivities that he might suspect you are engaged in.
How does he know that you didn't just kidnap somebody and are going to rape and kill them?
Anybody who drives around with window film on their front windows automatically makes themselves a suspect. It's not normal or natural to hide behind darkened windows like that.
Police officers especially hate tinted windows because they get blown away when they approach the vehicles and never see it coming.
Don't expect to be treated with respect if you're gonna act like a moron. Expect to be stopped, detained, have your vehicle searched, be thrown into the slam, and get your sissy ass pummeled by all your liberal buddies in there.
XOXO.
So according to you a cop can stop you at any time because you may be kidnapping someone? Sorry, no kids were in the truck and my wife trying to take a nap doesn't qualify.. You really are retarded.

Deltona Fla

#59077 May 23, 2013
Son OJasons Sons Sons Son wrote:
<quoted text>
XOXO.
You live in Texas and don't have tinted windows?!? Around here everybody does. But I forgot that you don't come out until the bars open so you don't need tint. You one of them night crawlers.
Son OJsons Sons Sons Son

Houston, TX

#59078 May 23, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>So according to you a cop can stop you at any time because you may be kidnapping someone? Sorry, no kids were in the truck and my wife trying to take a nap doesn't qualify.. You really are retarded.
According to me your stupid ass can be pulled over and stopped at "any time" because you choose to drive an unsafe vehicle, in your case a vehicle that has window film or dark tint on the front windows and/or partially on the upper windshield.

You are a danger to yourself and others. You should by all acounts be behind bars as to no longer pose a threat to the general populace.

Keep dissin the cops and posting on Topix there numbnut! They'll be watchin you!....Ha ha ha ha.... just make sure your ass ain't hangin out when they haul it kicking and screaming down to the can. They be liking those big bootys all up in there!....lol.

XOXO.
Son OJsons Sons Sons Son

Houston, TX

#59079 May 23, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>You live in Texas and don't have tinted windows?!? Around here everybody does. But I forgot that you don't come out until the bars open so you don't need tint. You one of them night crawlers.
All my X's live in Texas.

So everybody has tinted windows around there eh? Must be a lot of you silly ass mudda fukkers get hauled off to the slam on a regular basis ha? You'd think that you all would learn something and become normal but I bet your stupid asses continue to get popped every night for being assho1es out on the road.

Keep moaning about it and see where it gets you. Go ahead numbnut, pack another bowl.
Son OJsons Sons Sons Son

Houston, TX

#59080 May 23, 2013
It's easy to see the criminal mentality at work in these posters who constantly whine and complain about so called police brutality. Is it any wonder why the police don't like them? They are disrespectful and don't know how to behave outy in public.

They are absolutely clueless.

Instead of taking responsibility for their actions and changing their ways, they continue to blame the police and others for their dilemas.....and it will continue to get worse.

These Martin supporters all have one thing in common. They are ALL criminals at heart, and they all have a hard on for the police.
Swamp Donkey

United States

#59081 May 23, 2013
"If I had had a son, he would have looked like Barack Obama"....Trayvon Martin
Son OJsons Sons Sons Son

Houston, TX

#59082 May 23, 2013
Most of these ghetto rats live in fear of their own because they are cowards, and they hate the police because they are powerless to do anything about it.

The police, in turn, hate these cowardly criminals because they are the lowest form af human waste, and they live to kill police officers.

These people didn't like it when a gangbanger like Trayvon Martin got his ass fragged.

Criminals never do.
Son OJsons Sons Sons Son

Houston, TX

#59083 May 23, 2013
"If I had a chimp he would look like Al Sharpton".....Son OJsons Sons Sons Son

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#59085 May 23, 2013
This has all been debated back and forth with no resolution in sight. Perhaps we ought to let justice take its course. Let a jury of Zimmerman's peers sort out the facts. All I will say is that errors in judgment were made by both Zimmerman and Trayvon. Now it is up to the jury to decide whether it was murder or self defense when the case goes to trial.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59086 May 23, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Like must Rat Wing accusations you are blowing a lot of noise again. No idea of what you are talking about. The incident I was referring to was about 4 years ago. I had my wife, our daughter, and her faience. I was driving a Ram 1500 king with dark tint windows. Simply being on the road at a late hour is not a reason to be pulled over. The cop was doing what they call "pushing". He got up on me with his bright lights on and dogged me to see how I reacted. His lights were obnoxious enough that even my son in law had commented on "what is this a-holes problem." My wife had been asleep on the arm rest and it woke her up. Cars coming the other way were flashing their brights at him. Telling me he sopped me for a seat belt was his way of saying,"tough shit, I can stop anybody I want for no valid reason." Of course he couldn't see a seat belt. I was in a pickup truck with dark windows at night and he was behind me. But like I said, that is typical of the cops around here.
So you're driving around late at night with heavily tinted windows and are then surprised that a cop has a hard time determining if you have a seat belt on or not?
catwhacker

Singapore, Singapore

#59087 May 23, 2013
"If I had a porch mon key it would look like Trayvon"....catwhacker
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59088 May 23, 2013
zazz wrote:
"In the evidence packet there also were scores of other photos, many of them released last year by prosecutors. Those include now-iconic photos of Zimmerman with a bloody nose and blood on the back of his head.
Some appear to support Zimmerman's claim of self-defense. For example, photos taken at the Sanford police station the night of the shooting show a cut across the bridge of his nose and several areas of redness perhaps abrasions - on the back and sides of his head.
One photo of the right side of his head shows six areas of discoloration.
But police close-ups of Zimmerman's hands show no evidence of cuts or scrapes, something you might expect on someone who had just been in a fight."
That's the point. He wasn't "fighting" with Martin. He was attacked and defenseless against him.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59089 May 23, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't stick around, he ran away. Zimmerman followed him and murdered him.
When he's convicted, you'll make other excuses. You will never accept reality.
Listen to the 911 tape. Especially when Zimmerman told 911 he lost sight of Martin. The shooting happened several minutes later. The only possible way for Zimmerman to shoot Martin is if Martin didn't even try to go home. Martin stayed right where they parted company for several minutes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Post-shooting, scornful second-guessing of poli... 1 hr hypocrite 1
News In Just One Year, More Than 1,600 Women Were Mu... 4 hr im not a doctor 1
News Spate of homicides puts Columbus in a season of... Sun GaBred 3
News Cummings murderer dies in prison (May '10) Sun Eyeswideopen 4
News Alabama man arrested for murder of Naomi Jones Sat Thatisthewaylifeis 2
News Attorneys move to dismiss Traci Rhode case: Loc... (Apr '07) Sep 22 jessica 61
News JonBenet: Paula Woodward on New Book, John Rams... Sep 21 Rainbow334 7
More from around the web