Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
46,801 - 46,820 of 65,653 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Son of Jasons Sons Son

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! That's the difference between you and me son.
Your world is what you 'believe' and has nothing to do with the real world.
http://www.salon.com/2013/05/14/when_the_irs_...
And changing subjects doesn't help your cause either!
LOL!!!!!....Blame Bush?....That's your answer?....You sick fat bastard!

I'm so glad I'm not your big sick fat ass!

A bag of garbage is worth more per pound than you are.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Swampy 'Reasonable force' was used. The cop didn't know what the kid had in his possession. He ran, and 'reasonable force' was used to apprehend him. Case closed.
THE CASE IS not closed, you're quite wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And a jury is supposed to believe that? Guess what? They will have a map in the court room showing exactly what I'm talking about. What do you mean there is no place to hide? It was dark and rainy, and Martin was hiding behind the northwest corner row of houses.
See, when it gets into court, the judge will not allow people to make up stories that fit their hopes and dreams. They will speak of evidence only. They may ask the jury questions such as "What was Martin doing behind that row of houses for over 2 minutes instead of just going home?" They can't say "Martin was behind that row of houses with a plan to attack Zimmerman." That's the difference.
You can make up all the excuses and stories here, but they won't even try to do that in a real court of law.
THE JURORS WILL GO TO THE SCENE OF THE CRIME. They will see first hand how Zimmerman lied.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
THE JURORS WILL GO TO THE SCENE OF THE CRIME. They will see first hand how Zimmerman lied.

That is silly. Martin was wearing dark clothes, it was raining, and it was dark. Zimmerman was heading east and Martin was heading north. Martin could hide right out in the open and I bet no one makes a case out of Zimmerman's claim.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need a map. I have been to that HOA many times. There is no place to hide. If Zimmermen was walking west in the cross through to get back to his car he would have to make a left into the rear walkway and walk away from the cross through and his car to get to where he killed Martin. Martin thought he had lost the pervrert that was dogging him. Zimmermen obviously spotted him again and continued his pursuit. This time however Martin did not run away choosing insted to defend himself. which is his right.

Did you ever think of writing fiction for a living? According to Dee Dee, Trayvon said he was "“right by his father’s house”, yet the altercation took place seventy yards north of his father's house.When he was shot he was closer to Zimmerman's truck than to his father's house.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
The request of jurors going to the scene was by Zimmerman's defense team--not prosecution. If there was something to hide, why would Zim's defense team insist jurors come to the scene to see what took place for themselves?

It's obvious that Zim's defense team believes there are things jurors need to know before the case is even heard. It seems that they are convinced particulars of that scene will work to their advantage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Son of Jason wrote:
Maybe we should call the IRS and demand that they investigate the liberal Martin supporters on this thread for tax evasion and all other illegal activities they may or may not be engaged in.
If they are involved with the sale and or distribution of any illegal narcotics or other substances they are still obliged under the law to pay taxes on the ill-gotten gains.
If they are involved with illegal narcotics in the capacity of consumer they are still required by law to submit taxes on the transaction of the purchase of said narcotics.
Perhaps when the tables are reversed in the future, and the Republicans once again control the Executive and the Legislative branches, they could stick it so far up the assses of the progressive reprobates as to render them totally impotent once and for all.
Are you old enough to be posting on public forums? Sure doesn't sound like it.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Son of Jasons Sons Son wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! That's all you're doing son.

So I took it to mean that's all you understood.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is silly. Martin was wearing dark clothes, it was raining, and it was dark. Zimmerman was heading east and Martin was heading north. Martin could hide right out in the open and I bet no one makes a case out of Zimmerman's claim.
Wow. you know what direction Martin was headed and Zimmerman lost him.

And Zimmerman was the guy there.

I'm impressed how you've pieced things together with literally nothing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Son of Jasons Sons Son wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still not June, yet here you are Buffoon Bill, resident pervert.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Yes, if in his reasoning, he couldn't do it any other way, it was reasonable force.
But.... He didn't use that force, try again...
Didn't use that force? The cop ran the guy down with his car and killed him. He had to crash through a fence and cross a back yard to do it.
Scott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't use that force? The cop ran the guy down with his car and killed him. He had to crash through a fence and cross a back yard to do it.
Law abiding citizen that he was
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't use that force? The cop ran the guy down with his car and killed him. He had to crash through a fence and cross a back yard to do it.
The story I read said nothing about a fence or a back yard. The story I read stated that it will be another two to three months to complete the investigation. For all you know, it could have been an accident by the police officer. The harmless citizen who has been arrested over two dozen times may have accidentally jumped out in front of his police car.

Why is it the left always sticks up for the evil in our society?
Son o Jsons Sons Sons Son

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The story I read said nothing about a fence or a back yard. The story I read stated that it will be another two to three months to complete the investigation. For all you know, it could have been an accident by the police officer. The harmless citizen who has been arrested over two dozen times may have accidentally jumped out in front of his police car.

Why is it the left always sticks up for the evil in our society?
They're Satans children.

They're antisocial.

They're anti-Christian.

They hate society.

They hate themselves.

They wish evil upon us.

They are sociopaths.

They are miserable.

Because they are losers.

They are obese.

They are racists.

They are communists.

They want to destroy our way of life.

They are pedophiles.

They are jihadists.

They are liars and thieves.

They are tax evaders.

They are criminals.

They are the far left,.... working for a better tomorrow.

OMG!!!....they're so compasionate.

Who they trying to shiite?
Son o Jsons Sons Sons Son

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

They are the evil!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

<quoted text>Yes, if in his reasoning, he couldn't do it any other way, it was reasonable force.
Actually, no, it isn't. Running someone down for a seat belt violation at 60 mph is not using reasonable force.

Look for charges to be filed.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no, it isn't. Running someone down for a seat belt violation at 60 mph is not using reasonable force.
Look for charges to be filed.
I'm waiting....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

<quoted text>I'm waiting....
lol! Just like I'm waiting for your dow son.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Son OJasons Sons Sons Son wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hardly even summertime and your unholy humongous fat ass is already stinking up a storm. I can smell it coming in with the breeze down the road.
Keep on sucking off the government teat. You'll be the one who finally bankrupts the program and ends it once and for all.
Now GFY till June.
You're gonna think everybody is me by the time this thing is over.
ROFLMFAO!
Zimmerman walks!
Zazz gains 100 lbs!
Now get back in the bathroom and see if you can manage to wipe that disgusting fat ass of yours before any more of that squat stank wafts its way through the county.
You nasty skank~!
You tell him---good.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

How interesting. People have no faith in their own police department. Shows how good they are at their jobs.

Not good. Not good at all....

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/sanford-resi...

"Sanford residents say George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin case more than a trial
Residents tell Local 6 Martin's death is among the unresolved murders in Sanford
Published On: May 16 2013 05:43:10 PM EDT Updated On: May 17 2013 03:29:14 PM EDT

The city of Sanford is making final preparations for the George Zimmerman trial, which residents say is a critical moment for their city.

Residents tell Local 6 the Zimmerman trial goes beyond 17-year-old Trayvon Martin's death and that a lot is on the line with Zimmerman's fate.

"Quite a bit has been going on in Sanford and there are a lot of people that are angry about things that have been going on in the city," said Faye Henderson of the Sanford Museum and Welcome Center.

Terri Moore, who was born and raised in Sanford, says the trial represents not only Martin's death but all of the unsolved murders in Sanford that residents feel police didn't do enough.

"Trayvon's not the first black boy who's been killed in Florida. Especially here in Sanford we have young kids killed everyday," Moore said.

While it may not happen every day, the crime has gotten the community's attention. At the memorial in the center of Sanford, the names of the victims of unresolved murders are prominently displayed, with Martin's at the top.

Some believe that, whether it's right or wrong, portions of their community are pinning years of perceived injustices on a single trial--Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial.

"We're getting to the point now that we're trying to have trust in our police department again," said resident Cindy Philemon. "So it's like if we don't have trust in our police department and then we don't have trust in the government system then we will really be in trouble."

Zimmerman's trial is set to begin June 10. He has claimed self-defense in Martin's death in February 2012."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••