Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#58399 May 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people understand a key to a defense of Stand Your Ground is indeed Standing...
Not running down the street with a gun, assault people whose color you don't like.
Hankie?

&#8203;In the midst of the Trayvon Martin controversy, Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Beth Bloom has cited Florida's controversial Stand Your Ground law to drop charges against Greyston Garcia after he fatally stabbed a car radio thief in Little Havana on January 25th. Though, Garcia apparently initiated the violence, never called police, hid the knife, and then later sold two of the car radios the man had stolen.

In the early hours of January 25, Garcia spotted Pedro Roteta and another man rummaging through his truck and taking off with his car radio according to the Miami Herald. Roteta and his accomplice had apparently been on a radio stealing spree, and Roteta was carrying a bag filled with three car radios.

Garcia decided to chase after Roteta with a knife, and caught up to him. Roteta swung the bag of radios at Garcia's head. Garcia blocked the bag, and then countered by lunging a knife in Roteta's chest. The stabbing killed Roteta. Garcia then took off with the radio, even those not belonging to him, and never called police. Garcia hid the knife used and sold the two car radios that did not belong to him.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/0...

LOL

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#58400 May 4, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text> do they let you out on weekends, i mean, just to see the family
they don't let you out at all, eh? certainly not near school playgrounds and parks.

Location hidden

#58401 May 4, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text> it did in the 1800
I noticed you skipped around your statement that murder no jury trials thing pretty fast.

Location hidden

#58402 May 4, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>never heard of a judge trial for murder, where is that china
I am sure you forgot...

Location hidden

#58403 May 4, 2013
ofcourse wrote:
<quoted text> It could be why the liar won't release his school transcripts.
He's waiting for liar draft dodger Romney to release his tax records.

Election over six months ago.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#58404 May 4, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful history you amoronicans have there.....
By the way,when exactly is the baby seal clubbing season?

Location hidden

#58405 May 4, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
Garcia decided to chase after Roteta with a knife, and caught up to him. Roteta swung the bag of radios
Martin wasn't stealing radios.

Martin was minding his own business and have every right- 100 percent- to be exactly where he was at when the pedophile begain to stalk him.

Martin was not armed.

The pedophile had a deadly weapon and the pedophile jumped Martin.

PS: Garcia 's defense argued SYG. The pedophile's lawyers have already stated there weren't. Their only witness is a liar and unreliable.

Location hidden

#58406 May 4, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way,when exactly is the baby seal clubbing season?
I guess the pedophile zimmerman thought it was lynching season here.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#58407 May 4, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me jackazz.... EXACTLY HOW is DNA collection not always accurate? This ought to be good!! ROTFALMFAO!! How can one "inaccurately" collect DNA?? By inaccurately including rocks with the samples??!!! Heh! Heh! Heh!!(pssst.... buy a Brita)
FBI Admits Errors, Offers to Retest DNA in Mississippi Murder Case
May 3, 2013, 8:43 p.m. PDT
The Washington Post News Service
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#58409 May 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the pedophile zimmerman thought it was lynching season here.

Perhaps the drug selling ,drug addicted Tray Gone wanted to brag at his high school fight club how he sucker punched some dude who he had a confrontation with. According to his social media ramblings he was a fan of the mixed martial arts which along with his usage of Lean would explain his propensity foe violence. His cousin implies that Tray Gone punched out a school bus driver.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#58410 May 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin wasn't stealing radios.
Martin was minding his own business and have every right- 100 percent- to be exactly where he was at when the pedophile begain to stalk him.
Martin was not armed.
The pedophile had a deadly weapon and the pedophile jumped Martin.
PS: Garcia 's defense argued SYG. The pedophile's lawyers have already stated there weren't. Their only witness is a liar and unreliable.
You can't prove Zimmerman is a pedophile. You can't prove Zimmerman stalked Martin. You can't prove Zimmerman jumped Martin. About the only things you can prove is that you are a flamer with a life long gay fetish and that you are a pro abortionist.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#58411 May 4, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats of those days are the Republicans of today. You don't know much history do you?
So all those Republicans murdered by the KKK were really closet Democrats?

President Eisenhower signed the GOP's 1960 Civil Rights Act after it survived a five-day, five-hour filibuster by 18 Senate Democrats, and in 1964, Democrat President Lyndon Johnson signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act after former Klansman Robert Byrd's 14-hour filibuster, and the votes of 22 other Senate Democrats, including Tennessee's Al Gore Sr., failed to scuttle the plan. Robert Byrd and Al Gore Sr both died as respected members of the Democratic Party.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#58412 May 4, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
President Eisenhower signed the GOP's 1960 Civil Rights Act after it survived a five-day, five-hour filibuster by 18 Senate Democrats, and in 1964, Democrat President Lyndon Johnson signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act after former Klansman Robert Byrd's 14-hour filibuster, and the votes of 22 other Senate Democrats, including Tennessee's Al Gore Sr., failed to scuttle the plan. Robert Byrd and Al Gore Sr both died as respected members of the Democratic Party.
He did say the democrats of those days son.

You really should brush up on your American history.

Location hidden

#58413 May 4, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't prove Zimmerman is a pedophile.
I don't have too.

Location hidden

#58414 May 4, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
You can't prove Zimmerman jumped Martin.
Already proved.

Location hidden

#58415 May 4, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
You can't prove Zimmerman jumped Martin..
The truck was three blocks away.

What can be proved is the pedophile zimmerman was three blocks from where he was told to wait for the cops to arrive, and he someone how found himself blocking the path between the boy he killed and the boy's home.

Location hidden

#58416 May 4, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't prove Zimmerman is a pedophile. You can't prove Zimmerman stalked Martin. You can't prove Zimmerman jumped Martin. About the only things you can prove is that you are a flamer with a life long gay fetish ...
I understand, dongliquer, for you it's a lifestyle.

We got that from the stains on your shirt.

Location hidden

#58417 May 4, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
and that you are a pro abortionist.
I've never had an abortion.

I understand: you are the only abortion that you mom had that survived and you miss your little brothers.

Here's what I say: if you don't want an abortion, don't have one.

Location hidden

#58418 May 4, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as much responsible for the murders as everyone one else in the room, Dongliqueer.

Wipe your chin.

Location hidden

#58419 May 4, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
Robert Byrd and Al Gore Sr both died as respected members of the Democratic Party.
Strom Thurman conducted the longest filibuster in Senate history.

Dongliqueer.

Funny how you forgot to mention it- guess what he opposed?

Of course, he found he was more welcome by the Republican party and like many segregationists who were in the Democrat party, jumped to the Republican party.

He was a respected member of the Republican party when he died.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dalon Smoot 4 hr d pants 3
News Obama to seek healing in Orlando even as politi... 6 hr OK Barry 54
News Police shootings are rarity in region 15 hr Lawmen 7
News 1 Fatally Shot, 1 Wounded In San Juan Capistrano (Aug '06) 15 hr SBY 164
News Pre-trial motions leading up to trial of Hallam... Thu picture it 1
News Holly Bobo suspect indicted on 2 counts of rape (Oct '14) Thu hmm 135
News Shane Ragland admits murdering Trent DiGiuro (Aug '07) Thu hater of rich snobs 57
More from around the web