Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,349

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58158 May 2, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Question----If TM was bashing GZ head, breaking his nose etc how come there was none of GZ DNA on TM hands?
Don't ask the hard questions.

They're already having a hard time with the easy ones as I'm sure O'Mara is.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58159 May 2, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>he certainly would have been a dealer, and the autopsy indicated marijuanna in his system
He had traces of THC in his system... bfd... what high school student doesn't?? What college student doesn't?? Hell... GW Baffoon did blow...
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#58160 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
but... self defense isn't, jackazz
Sounds great but the problem is there are no witnesses to who initiated the actual physical confrontation except George Zimmerman and we all know what he says.

"Defendant's version of the homicide can not be ignored where there is an absence of other evidence legally sufficient to contradict his explanation. Appellant and deceased were the only witnesses to the homicide and the tenor of appellant's evidence is that he shot in self-defense."
Florida
State ex Rel. Freeman v. Kelly, 86 So.2d 166 (1956)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58161 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Er...the fickle finger of fate???
Ah! Back to 'magic' as the culprit!
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58162 May 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick with Canadian law. It doesn't apply here. I doubt you have any knowledge of Canadian law either.
Cryst... you have no knowledge .. period.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58163 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they are not reliable.
Dr. James Wayman, a San Jose State University expert in the field of speech science, told The Daily Caller that he questions the grounds on which Owen based his analysis.
Wayman also said he would be willing to testify against the admissibility of Owen’s findings on the grounds that they don’t meet the criteria required for evidence in federal courts.
“There is no history of, or data on, the comparison of a questioned scream to a known speech sample,” Wayman said.
The problem, he said, is that the two voice samples were recorded in difficult acoustic conditions over different cell phones.
“Even if we were to have Mr. Zimmerman recreate the scream under identical conditions with the same cell phone,” Wayman explained,“it would be difficult to attribute the scream to him without a sample of a similar scream from Mr. Martin under the same conditions. This is clearly not possible.”
Reached for comment, Owen told The DC that he has conducted his own study —“The Owen Study”— of more than 400 different pitches, screams, and voice disguises. The study is unpublished.
He explained that he has attempted, without success, to obtain a “voice exemplar” from Zimmerman, consisting of recordings of both his speaking voice and a scream.
And Wayman, he said,“assumes that the voice software is not able to make a determination on each voice independently.”
Wayman fired back in a later email exchange.“There is no accepted standard regarding metrics for voice comparisons,” he insisted,“either if done forensically or using automated comparisons."
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/06/voice-foren...
The Sentinel also contracted with Ed Primeau, a trained audio engineer and registered investigator whose expert testimony has been used in dozens of criminal court proceedings. Primeau used a more intuitive approach to determine that Zimmerman was not the person heard screaming on the 911 call.
“That’s a young man screaming,” Primeau told the Sentinel.
Comparing the human voice to a symphony full of varying timbres, Primeau wrote on his blog that the “male voice yelling for help … cracks like teen male’s does when going through puberty.”
Dr. Philip Rose of the Australian National University told TheDC that scientific experts refer to Primeau’s method as “naïve voice recognition.” His influential 2002 book Forensic Speaker Identification draws a major distinction between naïve and “technical forensics” voice recognition.
“Naïve voice recognition is so prone to error that it is acknowledged that it is worthless as evidence,” Rose said via email.
A forensic expert’s job, he said, is to assess the strength of evidence, not to estimate the probability of a hypothesis. And “the value of the evidence depends … on the similarity of the samples.”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/06/voice-foren...
so... some minor league self proclaimed expert disagrees..... there still are some morons out there that dispute DNA evidence... finger print evidence....
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#58164 May 2, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Question----If TM was bashing GZ head, breaking his nose etc how come there was none of GZ DNA on TM hands?
That makes sense. Zimmerman punched himself in his face, breaking his own nose and then proceeded to lie down and bang his head on the ground in a pissy fit. Did you ever think any DNA, if it was present on Martin, could have been rubbed off in the struggle? Not sure but I believe it was also raining at the time which could have also removed DNA.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58165 May 2, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny... the police investigators and the DA are asking the same question. And to further that point.... Ole GI Jane claims Trayvon made a grab for his gun.... yet Trayvon's DNA does not show up on the gun or on the holster.... but Janie's does.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58166 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dee Dee has already lied twice under oath which must have caused the prosecution a major migraine.
maybe.... but not as big a headache the defence lawyers have with Janie's outright lies to the judge and his multiple inconsistent and illogical statements...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58167 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes sense. Zimmerman punched himself in his face, breaking his own nose and then proceeded to lie down and bang his head on the ground in a pissy fit. Did you ever think any DNA, if it was present on Martin, could have been rubbed off in the struggle? Not sure but I believe it was also raining at the time which could have also removed DNA.
??????? DNA rubbed off?????

You really are making this stuff up as you go along. amazing.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58168 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds great but the problem is there are no witnesses to who initiated the actual physical confrontation except George Zimmerman and we all know what he says.
"Defendant's version of the homicide can not be ignored where there is an absence of other evidence legally sufficient to contradict his explanation. Appellant and deceased were the only witnesses to the homicide and the tenor of appellant's evidence is that he shot in self-defense."
Florida
State ex Rel. Freeman v. Kelly, 86 So.2d 166 (1956)
And we ALL know GI Janie's immense credibility... his propensity to lie to judges. His propensity to lie to police. Ya... the defendant's version will be considered... briefly... and summarily dismissed. Do you REALLY believe that all a killer has to do is dispatch all witnesses and sing a pretty song?? ROTFALMFAO!! too funny!
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58169 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
If GI Janie's face was as bloody as he (and you morons) claim, and they were rolling around in a titanic struggle... how is it NO ZIMMERTHUG BLOOD made it to Trayvon's clothing?? None... rain or no rain... blood traces don't wash off that fast. There would have been ample samples to make a DNA determination. And to prove my point... there was plenty of Trayvon blood. Rain didn't seem to affect those samples. Are we to assume magic rain?? Only washes off Zimmerthug blood?? heh heh heh!!!
No you are

Astoria, NY

#58170 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
But rain wouldn't remove it from under his finger nails and there was none under his nails and if it went down like GZ said, there would be DNA under his nails. Also other DNA was found, on GZ gun and his clothing.
And no it would be rubbed off in a struggle, there would be a ton more.
Don't forget Diane Downs shot herself trying to make it look like a stranger shot her kids and Jeffrey McDonald stabbed himself several times as well, so self inflicted wounds are not unusual.
No you are

Astoria, NY

#58171 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny... the police investigators and the DA are asking the same question. And to further that point.... Ole GI Jane claims Trayvon made a grab for his gun.... yet Trayvon's DNA does not show up on the gun or on the holster.... but Janie's does.
And someone elses DNA as well, but they don't know who's. At least they didn't when I first read the report.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#58172 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to criminal defense lawyers, you are full of crap. If you are in my neighborhood and I think you are acting suspiciously I have the legal right to follow you. If you decide to initiate a physical confrontation by punching me in the face and breaking my nose and then pound my head on the ground,you are the aggressor and you have committed a forcible felony. If the victim of a forcible felony is in fear of great bodily harm or death, Florida law says deadly force may be used to stop that forcible felony.
A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat, and has the right to stand his or her ground, and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself ,herself or another, or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
FS 776.013(3)
Sucker punching a person and Breaking his nose is a forcible felony and the assault on Zimmerman went on for over forty seconds.
Zimmermen didn't just follow Martin. He chased Martin for several blocks through the night with a gun and finally confronted Martin while never id-ing himself to Martin. You don't have the right to detain someone simply because you think they look suspicious.

Deltona Fla

#58173 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to criminal defense lawyers, you are full of crap. If you are in my neighborhood and I think you are acting suspiciously I have the legal right to follow you. If you decide to initiate a physical confrontation by punching me in the face and breaking my nose and then pound my head on the ground,you are the aggressor and you have committed a forcible felony. If the victim of a forcible felony is in fear of great bodily harm or death, Florida law says deadly force may be used to stop that forcible felony.
A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat, and has the right to stand his or her ground, and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself ,herself or another, or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
FS 776.013(3)
Sucker punching a person and Breaking his nose is a forcible felony and the assault on Zimmerman went on for over forty seconds.
The problem with your statement is Zimmermen is chasing Martin and Martin is running from Zimmermen. That makes Zimmermen the aggressor giving Martin the right to defend himself. Since Zimmermen is carrying the gun Martin would have the right to use deadly force against Zimmermen believing his life was in jeopardy, which obviously it was
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58174 May 2, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
And someone elses DNA as well, but they don't know who's. At least they didn't when I first read the reiport.
I never read that anywhere.... but if in fact there was... it still precludes Trayvon...... they HAVE his DNA for comparison.

Deltona Fla

#58175 May 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not charged. Try informing yourself a little more.
if Zimmmermen is not charged with anything why is he in Court attempting to smear his victim. After beating his girl friend he did the same thing. Filed charges against her and tried to smear her. Zimmermen has a history of this. He has gotten away with it in the past and that seems to have embolden him. He is a short fat cowardly bully who used the law, guns and dogs to get over on and intimidate his victims. He had already received a number of complaints from residents about his style of patrolling on foot with his dog and gun. He had stopped a number a residents and questioned them. evidently he considered anyone he did not personally know to be suspicious.
well guarded

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#58176 May 2, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmermen didn't just follow Martin. He chased Martin for several blocks through the night with a gun and finally confronted Martin while never id-ing himself to Martin. You don't have the right to detain someone simply because you think they look suspicious.
Where is the evidence that supports your claim. Any witnesses?

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#58177 May 2, 2013
I will refresh mem wrote:
Boca, i agree with the breakdown of events. However i don't think it would be in the best interest of George to say at any point that he was "following" trayvon. The best defense would be to state that the wind was blowing and that's what we can hear through the phone while George attempts to get a definitive location for the dispatcher to pass on to officers in route.
Yes, distort the truth.

Zimmerman himself said he was following trayvon. How do you propose to get around that? It can't be deleted from the tape.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Louis County prosecutor says some witnesses... 1 hr Jeff Brightone 1
Donations Pour Into Ferguson Church Destroyed I... 7 hr Roy The Boy 1
Pittsfield man indicted on murder charge in fat... 7 hr Glen B 5
Prosecutor: Some Ferguson witnesses clearly lied 12 hr Justice for All 1
Garvin Guilty Of Triple Murder (Jan '11) 19 hr nunya 21
Six Shootings in 12 Hours Leave One Dead, Many ... 20 hr zeb 3
Coroner's inquest clears Darby marshal in fatal... (Jul '06) 23 hr sweetleaf 5
More from around the web