Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 20 comments on the Mar 22, 2012, Wall Street Journal story titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Truth

United States

#58120 May 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What was it he said? Oh yes....

dispatcher:
Are you following him?[2:24]

Zimmerman:
Yeah.[2:25]

Seems Zimmerman has contradicted you(ie... called you liar), son.

As for Zimmerman being attacked, all you have is Zimmerman's word. And we know he lies.
When dispatcher said we don't need you to do that he said ok. Not illegal to follow anyway. It is illegal to attack a person and break their nose , and attempt to kill them by bashing their head on the sidewalk. Someone just might shoot you.
Truth

United States

#58121 May 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It's not a rights issue son.

This is a murder trial. You need to get this straight in your head.

Get over yourself. It's not about you. It's about Zimmerman and Martin.

I'm sure you believe it's over my head son. That's because you're mentally not in the same ballpark.
You're so ignorant it's a amusing. You obviously have very little knowledge of legal procedure and the law. It's never to late to go back to school. You should give it a try. After you take some law classes get back with me and you might have something to offer. For now your just an idiot but entertaining.
Truth

United States

#58122 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>I agree.... you're not even close.
Stick with Canadian law. It doesn't apply here. I doubt you have any knowledge of Canadian law either.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58123 May 2, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying sack of shit and imbecile, assault is a felony, Traygone the thug got what he deserved, I would have emptied the magazine into his ugly face when he lifted his arm to hit me.
and so is assault with a deadly weapon.
art

Grand Island, NE

#58124 May 2, 2013
The martyrs of The Lord lifted up to glory!
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/inde6/6/11 From The Lord, Our God and Savior - A Letter Given to Timothy, For All Those Who Have Ears to Hear
Thus says The Lord: I HAVE SENT FAMINE UPON THE LAND!...
Even as in the day I caused a famine throughout the land of Israel... No, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of The Lord... As it was then, so it is this day also...
From the churches of men and from the devout I have removed My hand, and from My people I have taken back My Spirit...
Lo, one full day has passed since I left them desolate,
In severe thirst, with nothing at all to nourish them...
I have left them in darkness, with no light to guide them...
The still small voice, silent.
And what is this I hear among the churches of men and those devout in Israel, even among those who have recognized Mashiach in Israel? What voice do I hear lifted up to heaven, crying out for guidance, longing for My presence and The Word of The Lord? What sound from the people has entered into the ears of The Holy One?!...
I HEAR NOTHING! NOT A WORD IS SPOKEN! NO OUTCRY IS MADE! NO REPENTANCE IS OFFERED!... NO PLEA IS LIFTED UP! No one thirsts, not one hungers, not one of them seeks The Light or grasps My robe, that I might guide them through this darkness! Through this desolate land!... None listen for My voice.
Behold! I have spoken a multitude of words, a great number of speeches!... Letter after Letter, Volume after Volume. Yet they will not eat of this bread, for they are already full; nor will they drink from this cup, for they are drunken; nor can they lift their heads to look upon this glory, for the weight of their sin remains upon them...
THEY REFUSE TO SEE, THEIR EYES ARE BLINDED! THEY WILL NOT LISTEN, THEIR EARS ARE UNCLEAN!... THEY COVER THEIR FACES AND STOP THEIR EARS!... FOOLISH PEOPLE! MOST WICKED GENERATION! I DO NOT KNOW YOU!...
FILL UP THEN, THE FULL MEASURE OF YOUR ERROR, ACCORDING TO THE PERVERSE DOCTRINES OF YOUR FATHERS! BEAR THE SIN OF YOUR HERESIES! DRINK FROM THE CUP OF YOUR BLASPHEMIES, TO THE FULLEST!
Yes, I hear your songs and your spiritual hymns, offered up to God... HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE ME! I see your uplifted hands, and I hear all these prayers offered up in the name of Christ... HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE ME! PERVERSE GENERATION!
The Day of The Lord is here! Yes, I have declared it! In these very Letters, and by My servants, I have made it known. Lo, through this man I have spoken it, for he does seek to honor Me... I HAVE BROUGHT GLORY TO MY NAME!... Yet you have hated both Me and My word! YOU HAVE REJECTED THE VOICE OF THE LIVING GOD! YOU HAVE LOATHED THE MESSENGERS OF THE MOST HIGH! Therefore shall I also reject you, for your ways are loathsome in My sight! I have left you in famine, and now I shall leave you utterly desolate...
For I have called to My lambs, their hearts sing in anticipation...
I have called to My sheep, they have embraced My voice...
Yea, I have entered in and gathered them together...
Behold, the harvest is separated!
All is ready, the door is shut.
I have but to call out, and the first election shall pass from your sight... And the gate shall be shut. For the door is shut already, the time has passed... No more shall pass through.
I tell you the truth: You have done this! You have decided, your decision is made!... Yes, YOU have shut the door to ME!... Therefore is it also shut to you.
And it shall not be opened again, until you breathe your last,
Testifying to the name of Glory and Him crucified...
Until the time I open it anew...
Behold, I shall open the gates of the city,
And the dead shall pass through!...
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5...
Truth

United States

#58125 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhh... they are extremely reliable.... 99% reliable. Used in court cases all the time.
Yet these tapes have already been deemed unreliable and will not be used. Try to catch up. It makes a lot of difference when your listening to voices traveling through a wall, then a phone and to a recorder.
Truth

United States

#58127 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>There absolutely IS evidence. Trayvon was on the phone. His girl friend heard the entire confrontation. That is why the defence isn't invoking SYG. They know they don't have a prayer.
Try catching up a little. The ho already got caught lying in court. Her testimony if the state decides to call her since she was caught lying will not help. The defense will tear her lying tail apart.
Truth

United States

#58128 May 2, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFALMFAO!:You're right... I have little knowledge of the laws you seem to be constantly pulling outta yer azz.
Take some legal classes. You don't have to be ignorant. You have a choice.
Truth

United States

#58129 May 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You just won't let facts get in your way, will you?

That's ok, son. I didn't expect you to change to begin with so you didn't disappoint in the least!
Yeah denies the facts like the state already said they can't prove Zimmerman attacked Martin, the witnesses saw Martin on top of Zimmerman, Martin autopsy shows injuries to his knuckles but no other injuries except a bullet hole, and Zimmerman's lacerations to the head, and broken nose.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58130 May 2, 2013
thebuzz wrote:
<quoted text>I just can't believe how ridiculous you are! Z followed him for a few seconds for the purpose of providing information on his whereabouts. He stopped as soon as the dispatcher told him, "we don't need you doing that". Zimmerman said he lost him and that was that. There was no stalking, following, harassing or anything. Martin had more than enough time to go home so obviously he wasn't fearful in the least. It was dark and Zimmerman was meeting the police by the back gates and on his way he was jumped by Martin and beaten to a bloody pulp. No one came to his aid as he was screaming for help. There was definitely some monkey business going on by his house because the kid had to have witnessed the entire thing. Strange daddyo had no clue about the activities that occurred right outside his door. Very suspicious.
Really?? Ole GI Janie didn't know the name of one of three streets in the gated community where he lived for THREE FCUKING YEARS?? ROTFALMFAO!!! oh and guess what!! IT HAPPENED TO BE THE STREET HE LIVED ON!!! ROTFALMFAO!!! Funny... that had the cops snickering too.

Ole GI Janie, in his initial statement said that Travyon jumped out at him from some bushes. He stated it THREE TIMES to detective Singleton on 2/26.... yet... the police pointed out to him THERE WERE NO FCUKING BUSHES. Ooooops!

Beaten to a bloody pulp you say?? Heh heh heh!!! Not from the arrest pictures I saw. And funny.... how Trayvon's body was found a significant distance from Janie's car. Didn't follow him?? Ya... right!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58131 May 2, 2013
Yeah Son wrote:
<quoted text> So you finally admit in a chicken shit way that George is GUILTY.
What do you mean "finally?" I don't think the prosecution will be able to get a conviction on 2nd degree murder.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58132 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet when all is said and done the facts still support self defense.
No they don't.... Janie's statements have so many inconstancies... so many illogical statements it's incredible!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58133 May 2, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
it is a rights issue, the right of the people to be secure in their person and property, zimmerman had the right to observe, not be physically assaulted and to protect himself from that assault, zimmerman was protecting the property in the area against the activities of the thugs, true, police should have been doing their job and we should not be in this state of anarchy, but we are and it is those like zimmerman that assist at times
You have to remember that right is a two way street.

Right now Zimmerman supporters present it as a one way street based on the "last man standing" scenario.

Police were doing their job. You have to remember. This was a private gated community.

Still, I don't know what you're point is.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58134 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
If he punched Zimmerman in the face and broke his nose. Martin certainly did something illegal. Florida law says one must believe they were in serious danger of grievous bodily harm or death to use deadly force. Even if the prosecution shows that despite the beating Zimmerman wasn't in danger of grievous bodily harm or death, that isn't good enough. They must convince the jury that Zimmerman didn't believe he was in danger of grievous bodily harm or death. How do they do that? Let's face facts Zimmerman was pleading for help for a bit over forty seconds while Martin tried to bang his head on the ground which should convince most any one on the jury that his belief was justified.
If a round is chambered you just pull the trigger on the Kel Tec and it is such a small handgun that it would not be that difficult to get out of a belt holster even in that situation.
Well, when someone points a gun at you... I do believe that would qualify, in any jury's mind, as "belief they were in serious danger of grievous bodily harm or death". Thank you... you just pointed out Trayvon was well within his rights to defend himself.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58135 May 2, 2013
thebuzz wrote:
<quoted text> Beating up a resident is most certainly illegal! Media racism may work on the gullible and stupid but not everyone is there yet.
I have absolutely no doubt in the world that the street fighting football player was stronger than the out of shape nearly 30 year old man. Are you high?
And yet no one initially identified Zimmerman as the block captain or by name.

It's nice you have no doubt son. Unfortunately for you, it's not admissible in this case.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58136 May 2, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
if the prosecutor approaches you with a plea bargain, you know you have won and want to go forward, if they had a case they don t offer a plea bargain, that would be dumb indeed. unless they accepted some graft
Really? Wow.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58137 May 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
If he punched Zimmerman in the face and broke his nose. Martin certainly did something illegal. Florida law says one must believe they were in serious danger of grievous bodily harm or death to use deadly force. Even if the prosecution shows that despite the beating Zimmerman wasn't in danger of grievous bodily harm or death, that isn't good enough. They must convince the jury that Zimmerman didn't believe he was in danger of grievous bodily harm or death. How do they do that? Let's face facts Zimmerman was pleading for help for a bit over forty seconds while Martin tried to bang his head on the ground which should convince most any one on the jury that his belief was justified.
If a round is chambered you just pull the trigger on the Kel Tec and it is such a small handgun that it would not be that difficult to get out of a belt holster even in that situation.
Ole GI Janie pleading for help??!!! Nope... two independent audio forensic experts have already concluded with out doubt that the person pleading for help on the 911 tape was NOT GI Janie. This isn't even up for debate anymore.... it's FACT.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58138 May 2, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text> death from a fight would never show intent unless a written history of the two would indicate several confrontations in the past, you lack an understanding of law
Which 'law' are you referring to here son?
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58139 May 2, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying sack of shit and imbecile, assault is a felony, Traygone the thug got what he deserved, I would have emptied the magazine into his ugly face when he lifted his arm to hit me.
but... self defense isn't, jackazz
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58140 May 2, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
you must be a street criminal, come on come clean now
What does my stating a fact have to deal with your personal claim son?

Ran out of facts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tupelo Spirit: Tornadoes write important chapte... 3 min Down Down Town Down 7
News Guilty plea entered in Ramey murder case (Jun '12) 31 min friend 2
News Officer charged with murder after shooting man ... 32 min Bushido Brown 330
News Sheriff, lawyer dispute whether 73-year-old dep... 41 min Truth and Facts 38
News Cadiz native dead after Murray shooting (Jul '12) 9 hr UTfan4ever 57
News Overflow crowd demands Zion cops wear body cameras 10 hr Jerry Mullins 5
News Video footage sought in Hillary trial 13 hr Dog walks in drizzle 127
More from around the web