Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,086

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58056 May 1, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would carry an unloaded weapon unless he has a really deep voice and can yell, "Bang bang" with authority.
Ah! So Zimmerman was preparing himself.

Ok. I'll buy that.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58057 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It shows no intent for murder. Try again.
No, son. It's going to be even harder for Zimmerman since he claimed he was scared while in his vehicle....

... but left with a loaded weapon anyway.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58058 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you can explain it then, son?
The SYG hearing can be used after the state rest their case or after the trial is completed. The state has already violated discovery of evidence. The defense will know all evidence and have access to all witnesses after the state rest and that would be a good time for the SYG hearing. After the state rest the Judge may very well give a directed verdict if not the SYG hearing could go Zimmerman's way. Nonetheless he will be acquitted one way or the other.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58059 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Where the heck does it say syg is incorporated into the trial, son?!?!?!?!

You're really messed up!
It's a little over your head Yeah.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58060 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Witnesses heard a man screaming for help and saw Zimmerman on the bottom with Martin on top. Easily suggests that Zimmerman was screaming. The tests on the tapes will not help the prosecution because they have already been proven unreliable. Try to catch up on the case a little. You're way behind.
Did they say it was Zimmerman on the bottom son?
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58061 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It shows no intent for murder. Try again.
absolutely does!
Truth

Rome, GA

#58062 May 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>It's over 70 yards to my mailbox from the front door.

I understand, FATTY: 70 yards is too far for you to walk & you'd call a cab.

PS: The boy had every right to be exactly where he was standing when he was confronted by your friend, the pedophile.
Only problem is there is no evidence Zimmerman confronted him. One of the many reasons he will be acquitted.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58063 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And if he's convicted of a lesser charge son?
He can't be convicted of a lesser charge. That's where the Prosecution really screwed up.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58064 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>He took a loaded weapon with him son.
I take one everywhere I go but that doesn't mean I intend on using it. More proof you know very little about the legal system son.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58065 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No, son. It's going to be even harder for Zimmerman since he claimed he was scared while in his vehicle....

... but left with a loaded weapon anyway.
Not hard at all son to those that understand legal procedure. You're just not one of them.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#58066 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't be convicted of a lesser charge. That's where the Prosecution really screwed up.
It's called plea bargaining, dumbazz.... GI Janie will plead guilty to a lesser charge in exchange for less prison time.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58067 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Did they say it was Zimmerman on the bottom son?
Yes they did son. Also the trajectory of the bullet that killed the thug will back that up. It's a little over your head son.
Truth

Rome, GA

#58068 May 1, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>absolutely does!
Maybe in Canada but not in America. You display little knowledge in the laws in America.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#58069 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! So Zimmerman was preparing himself.
Ok. I'll buy that.
I see your point. He even prepared himself by calling the cops first. I mean isn't that what all killers do when they plan on shooting someone?

"For the prosecutor(Angela Corey) to embrace the Martin family attorneys with thanks at the press conference, and for AG Eric Holder verbally to praise Sharpton today, tells me that a case which should be about facts of who did what to whom is going to turn into an even bigger racial narrative for a variety of purposes which have nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of the accused."
William A. Jacobson
Clinical Professor of Law, Cornell Law School
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58070 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The SYG hearing can be used after the state rest their case or after the trial is completed. The state has already violated discovery of evidence. The defense will know all evidence and have access to all witnesses after the state rest and that would be a good time for the SYG hearing. After the state rest the Judge may very well give a directed verdict if not the SYG hearing could go Zimmerman's way. Nonetheless he will be acquitted one way or the other.
Are you confusing the hearing with the defense son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58071 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I take one everywhere I go but that doesn't mean I intend on using it. More proof you know very little about the legal system son.
I'm sorry. I thought Zimmerman was already on the phone in his truck reporting the individual he was afraid of outside his vehicle, before running followed by Zimmerman giving chase with a loaded weapon.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58072 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not hard at all son to those that understand legal procedure. You're just not one of them.
Son, it's not the legal procedure people are concerned with...

... it's the events that occurred during this killing.

You just keep confusing your perceived rights with this particular event. And legally speaking, the law doesn't care what you think or believe.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58073 May 1, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your point. He even prepared himself by calling the cops first. I mean isn't that what all killers do when they plan on shooting someone?
"For the prosecutor(Angela Corey) to embrace the Martin family attorneys with thanks at the press conference, and for AG Eric Holder verbally to praise Sharpton today, tells me that a case which should be about facts of who did what to whom is going to turn into an even bigger racial narrative for a variety of purposes which have nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of the accused."
William A. Jacobson
Clinical Professor of Law, Cornell Law School
Well... actually... yes to a degree....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-man-found-guil...

Thank you for making the same point.
Truth

United States

#58074 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Are you confusing the hearing with the defense son?
Told you it was over your head.
Truth

United States

#58075 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry. I thought Zimmerman was already on the phone in his truck reporting the individual he was afraid of outside his vehicle, before running followed by Zimmerman giving chase with a loaded weapon.
He was on the phone in the truck. The thug decided to run like most suspicious people so he tried to give directions to the police where he was running. It's totally legal. The law was broken when the thug attacked Zimmerman. It will be an acquittal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Small town copes with mass slaying 27 min Nellie 1
Judge 'whipsawed' by murder trial plea change (Jul '08) 41 min Keaukaha Smiles 110
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 9 hr Who 2,831
Kimberly Cunningham found not guilty of second ... (May '07) 20 hr Steph05 44
Wallin-Reed guilty of first-degree murder - Ful... (Oct '13) 22 hr 3redmoons 73
Man pleads guilty to rape, murder of teen in Ci... Thu SMG 1
Murder Trial Date set for Franklin County Woman (Dec '13) Thu Justice 61
•••

Violent Crime People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••