Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,346

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#57847 Apr 29, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
but then how would you have your welfare benefits
You just can't get anything right, can ya?
Haven't collected welfare benefits since right after I left my abusive fiance over 17 yrs ago. Nobody would hire a lady that was 5 months into a problematic pregnancy.
I'm married now. My husbamd makes great money doing stuff he would actually pay to do. He's put 4 of our kids through college. We have one elementary school teacher, one psychologist, another teacher graduating this year, and a dentist 2 years away from graduation. I'm not worried about getting the other 3 through school either. If it comes down to it, I'll give up some volunteer work and get a paying job.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#57848 Apr 29, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Had stocks a few years ago, now I have mutual funds, which are invested in all the markets. Don't follow it, as I used to do. I have a stockbroker to watch it for me. All I'll say is what goes up can come down. Ride it, but watch it closely?
By the way We don't have any foster children now, we had 16 go through our home, adopted 3 siblings. Now we have 2 beautiful Grandchildren. How about you?? How many have you taken into your home?
lol! Poor chica. So afraid.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#57849 Apr 29, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Ha Ha Hee Hee Ho Ho, you wouldn't know the truth if it clipped along side your ear. Get lost Lil Boie.
lol! Son, you told a lie and you still refuse to accept it!

And it wasn't even clipped to your ears. It came out of that black hole vacuum between your ears!

I love this comedy channel!
Self Defense

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#57854 Apr 30, 2013
Zimmerman hearing in about 15 min
City By The Bay

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#57855 Apr 30, 2013
Coverage of the hearing on HLN
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#57856 Apr 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep working on that GED, honey.
if you could obtain a legitimate doctorate, then you would be closely capable of an intelligent conversation, till then just listen
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#57857 Apr 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a transcript of a call placed by George Zimmerman to the Sanford Police Department on February 26, 2012. Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch volunteer. On that night, he noticed 17 year old Trayvon Martin walking through his gated community and called the police to report him as a suspicious person. Trayvon was returning from a convenience store to the home of his father's girlfriend.
Shortly after the conclusion of this call, several residents phoned 911 to report hearing fighting and a gun shot. When police arrived on the scene, Zimmerman was standing over Martin, who was face down on the ground. Zimmerman had shot him in the chest, and Martin was pronounced dead at the scene.
Zimmerman claimed to act in self-defense, and no charges were filed. A public outcry ensued.
Dispatcher
Sanford Police Department.
Zimmerman
Hey we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy, uh, it's Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher
OK, and this guy is he white, black, or hispanic?
Zimmerman
He looks black.
Dispatcher
Did you see what he was wearing?
Zimmerman
Yeah. A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie, and either jeans or sweatpants and white tennis shoes. He's here now, he was just staring.
Dispatcher
OK, he's just walking around the area…
Zimmerman
looking at all the houses.
Dispatcher
OK…
Zimmerman
Now he's just staring at me.
Dispatcher
OK-you said it's 1111 Retreat View? Or 111?
Zimmerman
That's the clubhouse…
Dispatcher
That's the clubhouse, do you know what the-he's near the clubhouse right now?
Zimmerman
Yeah, now he's coming towards me.
Dispatcher
OK.
Zimmerman
He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male.
Dispatcher
How old would you say he looks?
Zimmerman
He's got button on his shirt, late teens.
Dispatcher
Late teens. Ok.
Zimmerman
Somethings wrong with him. Yup, he's coming to check me out, he's got something in his hands, I don't know what his deal is.
Dispatcher
Just let me know if he does anything, ok?
Zimmerman
(unclear) See if you can get an officer over here.
Dispatcher
Yeah we've got someone on the way, just let me know if this guy does anything else.
Zimmerman
Okay. These (expletive) they always get away. Yep. When you come to the clubhouse you come straight in and make a left. Actually you would go past the clubhouse.
Dispatcher
So it's on the lefthand side from the clubhouse?
Zimmerman
No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left, uh, you go straight in, don't turn, and make a left.(expletive) he's running.
Dispatcher
He's running? Which way is he running?
Ambient sounds are heard which may be Zimmerman unbuckling his seat belt and his vehicle's "open door" chime sounding. The change in his voice and the sound of wind against his cell phone mic indicate that he has left his vehicle and is now walking. The dispatcher seems to pick up on these changes and sounds concerned when he later asks Zimmerman if he is following Martin.
Zimmerman
Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.
Dispatcher
Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?
Zimmerman
The back entrance…(expletive)(unclear)
This section of the recording has been the subject of much speculation. Some suggest that Zimmerman has just made a racial slur, but the audio is not clear.
and no where in there does it say he called the police and was talking to a police officer
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#57858 Apr 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Same way you do, get foster kids.
wouldn t have that in my house, i d get a dog
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#57859 Apr 30, 2013
surrealdreamer wrote:
What the Hell is wrong with some of your people? A kid is killed, someones child, someones brother, someones friend etc. Because he is black that makes it Ok for someone to take his life for no reason other than some wanna be thug cop decided to follow him and ultimatly kill him. Its ok with some of you because he is black?
My heart breaks reading this crap. This is what is wrong with humanity today. People hide behind computer screens spewing hatred.
How many of you conservatives on here posting your hatred for a dead child go to church on Sunday, read your bible and believe that Jesus looks upon you as a good person? The bible is pretty specific about GOD looking upon the heart. You poison yourself with your hatred against a person just because of their color. GOD created them too.
To those of you saying that blacks should go back to Africa, you are forgetting that we brought them here abused them in the most horric ways, they were freed. They are Americans, they go to War for this country, they defend it beside other soldiers regardless of color. They are by all means Americans that defend your right to come on a place like topix and spew hatred about them based on nothing but the color of skin that GOD gave them. Shame on you
While blacks are here legally and American citizens we have the hispanic groups sneaking across our borders breaking the laws of this land. We have mexican drug cartels sneaking across our borders, now those are some barbaric thugs that stop a bus, make the people get off kill them by bashing their heads in with a sledge hammer and throwing them in mass graves. These are their own people same race as them. When they start doing that on our soil will you all be calling them Thugs? Will you hate all them based on what a few do like what is done in this case of an innocent child losing his life for no reason?
your rendition does beg the answer of why segregation worked so well, quite frankly if we then paid the trip back to africa, purchaed their lands here at fair price the repatriation to the homeland would be the best jester, or are you trying to say that life with other africans is not fair, or that the right to prey on whites is more beneficial to them and that they should have that right to prey on whites for some past injustice perceived in your mind and that it can be taken out on someone who had nothing to do with the injustice and or their ancestors

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#57860 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
and no where in there does it say he called the police and was talking to a police officer
Zimmermen called the non emergency police number and was speaking to a law enforcement representative. Playing a word game over whether that representative was a "Police Officer" is irrelevant. I knew Zinnerman's story stunk the first time I heard it. He claimed Martin was hiding jumped him. I have been to that community many times and there is no place to hide behind those town houses.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#57861 Apr 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
So far you've been wrong about everything you posted.
Zimmerthug called the police non emergency number and spoke to the police dispatcher.
Shouldn't you verify before making an ass of yourself?
You are the one who needs to "solber" up.
then produce the officers written oath

Deltona Fla

#57862 Apr 30, 2013
The fact is Zimmerman first chased Martin, then lost him, then spotted him again and approached him. Only at that point did Martin decide to "stand his ground" and attempt to defend himself. The right to "stand your ground" goes to the person being chased, not the person that is chasing. A person's successful defense of himself can not considered a threat to the attacker.

Deltona Fla

#57863 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
your rendition does beg the answer of why segregation worked so well, quite frankly if we then paid the trip back to africa, purchaed their lands here at fair price the repatriation to the homeland would be the best jester, or are you trying to say that life with other africans is not fair, or that the right to prey on whites is more beneficial to them and that they should have that right to prey on whites for some past injustice perceived in your mind and that it can be taken out on someone who had nothing to do with the injustice and or their ancestors
Where did you get the idea that segregation worked? It created poverty, sickness, and the institutional erosion of Rights.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57864 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>if you could obtain a legitimate doctorate, then you would be closely capable of an intelligent conversation, till then just listen
As opposed to an illegitimate doctorate?

One doesn't require a degree of any kind to see what a liar you are, You no nothing about this murder case yet you continue to lie and refuse to admit you are a know nothing blowhard gas bag.

ROFLMAO at you.

Location hidden

#57865 Apr 30, 2013
no=know

Location hidden

#57866 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have trouble realizing just how dumb you are and your refusal to accept facts.

I posted the official transcript of Zimmerthug's conversation with the POLICE DISPATCHER as well as his police statement detailing his call to the POLICE NON EMERGENCY NUMBER yet you're too stupid to admit you are a liar.

These were released by the prosecutor and will be used as evidence in his trial.

Aren't you embarrassed by your ignorant posts?

Location hidden

#57868 Apr 30, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmermen called the non emergency police number and was speaking to a law enforcement representative. Playing a word game over whether that representative was a "Police Officer" is irrelevant. I knew Zinnerman's story stunk the first time I heard it. He claimed Martin was hiding jumped him. I have been to that community many times and there is no place to hide behind those town houses.
He claims Zimmerman called 911, not the police dispatcher. Now, instead of admitting he was wrong, he wants to play word games.

He has been wrong about everything he has posted claiming to be "facts".

Location hidden

#57869 Apr 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
So far you've been wrong about everything you posted.
Zimmerthug called the police non emergency number and spoke to the police dispatcher.
Shouldn't you verify before making an ass of yourself?
You are the one who needs to "solber" up.
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
You still want to claim he called 911? You think he was lying to the cops when he said he called the police non emergency number?

You think the state produced a phony transcript of the call to the police non emergency number?

If you're too slow or too lazy to read about this case, or listen to any of the videos then stop posting your lies about it.

You continue to embarrass yourself.

I continue to be baffled at your stupidity.

Location hidden

#57870 Apr 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a transcript of a call placed by George Zimmerman to the Sanford Police Department on February 26, 2012.

chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
He did call the police department. Zimmerman said so himself.

No one has said he talked to a police officer. You said he called 911. I said he called the police non emergency number and spoke to the police dispatcher. Barefoot said he talked t the police dispatcher. You said he did not talk to the police dispatcher.

I said police dispatcher.

Barefoot said police dispatcher.

State said police dispatcher.

Zimmerman said police dispatcher.

Now, you're not man enough to admit your error or own up to your lie and you are changing it.

No one has said he spoke to a police officer. What we all said was he called the police non emergency number, not 911. You lied over and over and said he called 911 and spoke to an operator, in spite of all the proof to the contrary.

You're worthless.

Location hidden

#57871 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
And nowhere does it say he called 911, as you claimed over and over again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mo. church torched 24 hours after Mike Brown Sr... 5 hr Dog Man 2
Kanagaroo Kourts: Darren Wilson Prosecutor Defe... 6 hr Cordwainer Trout 3
Thousands rally across US after Ferguson decision 14 hr fire 50 min respo... 1
Third day of Ferguson protests in Los Angeles c... 14 hr 50 min response time 1
Twin brothers injured in Hacienda Heights drive... 15 hr Lol 8
Possible Mass Shooting Stopped by Armed Citizen? 21 hr Y QUE 22
44 arrested in second night of protests in Ferg... 23 hr awfully amused 1

Violent Crime People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE