Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 20 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#53908 Mar 10, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Actually... no. I still don't see your point son.
[dumchit]
American Lady

Danville, KY

#53909 Mar 10, 2013
Sleep well tonight ...
Thinking about what "you" 'American's' have done to Zman ...

persecuting a good, kind man that MENTORED "underprivileged" children.

... and WAS protecting his neighborhood ...

from THUGS!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#53910 Mar 10, 2013
do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
Your links are to BS opinion sites. Trayvon Martin's father reported him missing the very next morning and ID'd him with a photo.
The Seminole County Sheriff’s Office released two new phone call recordings in the Martin case. In the first, Tracy Martin called and told a sheriff’s office dispatcher that he needed to file a missing person report because his son was missing.

Tracy Martin said that he and his son were from Miami

but staying at his girlfriend’s house in Sanford.

He said that his son was 17, and was wearing a gray sweatshirt, light red tennis shoes, and probably slacks.

He said in the phone call – made at 8:39 a.m. on Feb. 27, according to NBC News – that he last saw his son at about *8:30 p.m. the night before.*[TM was DEAD by 7:30 pm]

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Tracy-Mart...
nellie

Saint Augustine, FL

#53911 Mar 11, 2013
meanwhile in Chicago....still like a war zone..mostly young people under 30 being shot and killed every day up there...this also happens in other big cities all across usa...This to me. is a serious problem...
humph

Newport News, VA

#53912 Mar 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And your point is........?
Your're a lame ignorant racist whackjob in denial. Get da point??
humph

Newport News, VA

#53913 Mar 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Actually... no. I still don't see your point son.
Folks like you neeeever see the point, facts or reality....your blinded by black. So sad
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53914 Mar 11, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't put words in my mouth.
I think if he considered Trayvon "suspicious" he should have called 911, followed the dispatcher's instructions and waited for LE to do their job. Uniforms were on the way.
Why should he call 911 when there wasn't a life threatening situation going on at the time he called? He contacted the non emergency because a suspicious stranger was lurking inside a gated community. Due to the number of crimes that had recently taken place by BLACK criminals, there was reason to think he was 'suspicious'. His behavior and description would be enough to call a non emergency number! The neighborhood was GATED and the block captain didn't recognize him so..........he did his job.

Since Z didn't think this guy was enough of a threat to meet police at the gate, he got out and walked towards it. Was it foolish? Yes. On the other hand, he has no doubt contacted police many times about suspicious characters. He has probably walked about his neighborhood after doing so in the dark checking out suspicious sounds, people, documented barking dogs or even notated loud parties.

I doubt Z expected to be jumped by some half wit thug. After getting beaten to a pulp, he had no choice but to shoot. I'd like to see what kind of evidence the state has.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53915 Mar 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
[dumchit]
Yes you are since you have an inability to convey your thoughts.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53916 Mar 11, 2013
humph wrote:
<quoted text>Your're a lame ignorant racist whackjob in denial. Get da point??
You certainly are racist son.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53918 Mar 11, 2013
humph wrote:
<quoted text>Folks like you neeeever see the point, facts or reality....your blinded by black. So sad
Racists folks like you have a hard time clarifying the point since your facts are clouded by your personal reality (ie... opinions).

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#53919 Mar 11, 2013
get well soon Trayvon, we're all pulling for you.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#53920 Mar 11, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
3Von's has assumed room temperature, but probably thinks he hasn't...
humph

Newport News, VA

#53921 Mar 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Racists folks like you have a hard time clarifying the point since your facts are clouded by your personal reality (ie... opinions).
I've said nothing racist. You know zero about me. I however have seen many many of your racist slant posts. I have no facts...I wasnt there....It seems you were right there....you should come forward and testify. You know everything....even a mind reader to know what these guys were thinking. Facts are indeed coming out. Ant the prosecution has got nothing. Zmans gonna walk...you know it....and cant stand it.
humph

Newport News, VA

#53922 Mar 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You certainly are racist son.
What did I say that was racist? aaahh nothing...next dipstick. Keep grasping that all folks like you have.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53923 Mar 11, 2013
humph wrote:
<quoted text>I've said nothing racist. You know zero about me. I however have seen many many of your racist slant posts. I have no facts...I wasnt there....It seems you were right there....you should come forward and testify. You know everything....even a mind reader to know what these guys were thinking. Facts are indeed coming out. Ant the prosecution has got nothing. Zmans gonna walk...you know it....and cant stand it.
Thou dost protest too much!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53924 Mar 11, 2013
humph wrote:
<quoted text>What did I say that was racist? aaahh nothing...next dipstick. Keep grasping that all folks like you have.
Lucky for you you can limit your perspective to... you!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53925 Mar 11, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
I notice you people don't offer the same appreciation for bushie's dead American soldiers.

You must really hate them.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53938 Mar 11, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes moron blacks like you dont understand what a law library is..........ROTFLMAO
lol! And a "smart" boy like you can't explain it even though you made it a point.

Making things up is your bread and butter.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53941 Mar 11, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone else understands what he is saying..........
It is just you morons that don't..........LOL
lol! And yet no one else can explain it.

It's amazing what you accomplish by simply making a statement. And you're good at that!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53942 Mar 11, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone that does not agree that Zim is guilty is a racist according to these moron ghetto blacks.....
lol! Wow. You sure do love to bring in race son.

Another one of your consistencies!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Details of dispute leading to Torrance murder-s... (Aug '10) 21 min His daughter 82
News Urgently Needed: A Public Jobs Program 3 hr BPT 5
News Officer: Shooting at Muhammad cartoon contest i... 4 hr Tazo 6
News Tamir Rice's mother, family lawyer speak in Cle... 9 hr Burbs 1
News NYPD officer shooting suspect arraigned, office... 11 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
News Officer charged with murder after shooting man ... Sun Juan Jones 357
News Lee deputy involved in fatal shooting of Fort M... (Dec '12) Sun LEO 477 62
More from around the web