Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53539 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
He could not pass the police test????
But being a slow person does not make him guilty.
I agree but slow can create credibility problems.

I don't know how difficult a police test is but somewhere I read Zimmerman was not a very strong student. Any past social problems usually go hand in hand with learning disabilities. If English is not his primary language, that could make learning even more difficult.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53540 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about when you made this claim????
On post # 46912 here http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...
The moron yea claimed that the burden of proof falls on the defense even after I had posed a link from a legal law lib ray showing what everyone else knows that the burden of proof falls on the prosecutionÂ…Â…
lol! What's the matter son? Still stuck on stupid?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53541 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Why
Not everyone is a moron like you that sees everything as only black..........LOL
lol! You mean you only see things as white son.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53542 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Pick a side son.
You make him a victim afraid to go out, now you switch with your "you can't blame him" attitude. Make up, suspect and claim whatever you want to "support" your opinion.
Keep up the flip flopping.
So now you want to argue with me because I have am participating in this discussion with an open mind?

I have not flipped flopped at all. I think he is innocent until proven otherwise. Please quit making claims you can't suppport. It's diminishes the quality of this discussion.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53543 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>?????I don't think this case should have gone anywhere but the state did. The prosecutor didn't want a Grand Jury probably knowing there wasn't enough evidence.
The Duke case is an example of how innocent people can get railroaded by the politics of the day. Justice eventually prevailed but it wasn't until many lives were destroyed, retirement accounts depleted career opportunities missed, games never to be played, bullying by classmates and teachers, grades lowered, and a million things that we will never know. The only reason these boys were released from the bowels of a corrupt system was because their families had money, were educated and had competent representation. If the stripper picked better marks and they were more like Zimmerman....they would all be in jail today.
There is a new kind of discrimination going on today......and it is against the white male. Rich or poor, they are all targets.
Well gee, that's why it didn't go to the grand jury! There wasn't enough for 1st degree.

That was easy enough to see.

WTH are you taking about the Duke case? It was an abuse of prosecutorial powers that led to things getting out of hand. The case was reviewed by the state's legal overseers, who disbarred him and dropped the case.

You need to get a grip on what you're trying to discuss.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53544 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you want to argue with me because I have am participating in this discussion with an open mind?
I have not flipped flopped at all. I think he is innocent until proven otherwise. Please quit making claims you can't suppport. It's diminishes the quality of this discussion.
No. You simply want to make excuses for Zimmerman by stating your convictions.

I have no problems with what you feel about the case.

But it's clear you're working at making excuses for things you can't explain, while simply accepting what you approve of.

So please don't tell me you have an open mind.... it's clearly not.
humph

Newport News, VA

#53545 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.........LOL
The black thugs had parties when OJ was acquitted.........
then rioted for the rodney king verdict wasn't it?. Get ready for riots in Fl
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53546 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
<quoted text>Ever since you came onto this form you have really given me food for thought. I must admit it is very interesting to say the least that witness number 8 wouldn't have called 911 to report an incident occurring with her BOYFRIEND. You made a great point and continue to articulate the facts of this case very well.
Seriously if the phone line was disconnected and when she tried to call back there wasn't any answer wouldn't a thoughtful caring person call police,,Because after all it was an emergency,,there was reason for concern given her testimony that some guy was following trayvon.
So the question is why didn't witness 8 contact police? Why didn't witness 8 contact trayvons father? Why is witness 8 lying under oath. What does she have to hide? Obviously she is hiding the truth.
Wonder why the press isn't pressing for her to go to jail for committing perjury too. This older adult woman hanging out with a teen is rather odd. Maybe times have changed but even the lowliest of girls would never consider dating a younger boy. NEVER! I have to wonder if this relationship was something different.

I wonder why Crump isn't being investigated because he HAD to know she was lying especially since her testimony had a lot to do with Zimmerman's arrest. Where is our 'unbiased' media?

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#53547 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>BLAH BLAH BLAH DOUBLE BLAH TRIPLE BLAH...Not sure if she paid for her crime either. She used one of her black get out of jail cards. I've heard she's used up all her cards, finally.
You are obviously confused, as expected. There is no such thing as "Black get out of jail cards." This isn't Monopoly. This is real life!

You are laughable to post such nonsense and idiocy. The many innocent Blacks who have been incarcerated for years, even decades for crimes they did not commit will be vociferous in telling your ignorant butt that no such cards exist.

Now, there are many "Black get IN jail cards." Let's see, here's just a sampling...

*Driving While Black (DWB)
*Walking While Black (WWB)
*Running While Black (RWB)
*Minding Your Own Business While Black (MYOBWB)

"Skipping Away" While Black (SAWB) will get you stalked and murdered, therefore bypassing jail.

Former "Black get IN jail cards." (But some are still subtly used in some southern states)...

*Looking At A White Woman While Black (LAAWWWB)
*Whistling At A White Woman While Black (WAAWWWB)
*Sitting At A Woolworth's Counter While Black (SAAWCWB)
*Looking A White Man In The Eye While Black (LAWMITEWB)
*Daring To Vote While Black (DTVWB)
*Marching For Civil Rights While Black (MFCRWB)
*Trying To Get An Education While Black (TTGAEWB)
*Drinking From A Whites Only Water Fountain While Black (DFAWOWFWB)
*Seeking Freedom While Black (SFWB)

Now, there are cards for other people too...namely for Hispanics and poor Whites. They also find themselves at the wrong end of a justice system that criminalizes far too much and jail far too many.

You may be good at poker, gin rummy and a host of other card games, but you are totally ignorant when it comes to jail cards.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53554 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No. You simply want to make excuses for Zimmerman by stating your convictions.
I have no problems with what you feel about the case.
But it's clear you're working at making excuses for things you can't explain, while simply accepting what you approve of.
So please don't tell me you have an open mind.... it's clearly not.
Hmmm, you sound exactly like your 'friend' Truth. You have nothing to contribute just attempts to begin bickering battles with everyone you disagree with...much like Truth and Zazz.

This forum is nothing more than a place to discuss people's opinions about this case. I'm sorry that you can't grasp the basics here.

It is interesting that you said I'm making 'excuses' for Zimmerman. Your projection is telling. Please get back to the details of this case, not the personalities of the posters. Thank you.

Speaking of excuses......why have you not answered any questions posted about witness 8?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53555 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
That was your claim my little troll..........ROTFLMAO
And yes I am still stuck on how stupid you are..........
And yet, it was supported.

You just refused to read.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53556 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
There was not enough for manslaughter..........LOL
But a moron that thinks the burden of proof rest on the defense would not know that.........
And yet, he was charged.

You obviously haven't been keeping up with current events my little idiot.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53557 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not white..........ROTFLMAO
I live in Mexico
My kids go to a school where they are the only kids from the USA
I have black inlays
Black employees....
Dr. Steve Perry is a hero and friend.
lol! Son, I don't care what you are.

But you do love to prove you aren't intelligent!
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53558 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you are white skinned.........
If he was black the news would be filled with people saying to give the guy a break.......
True. That's also how oscumma got to Harvard. Affirmative action. If you're slow and black you go to college free.....especially the most elite ones. Too bad the prez isn't smart enough to do his kid's math. This country may not be in the mess it is right now if he could manage simple arithmetic.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53559 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well gee, that's why it didn't go to the grand jury! There wasn't enough for 1st degree.
That was easy enough to see.
WTH are you taking about the Duke case? It was an abuse of prosecutorial powers that led to things getting out of hand. The case was reviewed by the state's legal overseers, who disbarred him and dropped the case.
You need to get a grip on what you're trying to discuss.
Please don't simplify the Duke case. How long did it take to nail that prosecutor? Do you know anything about the judge and if there was any pushback or compliance from the bench? Well....it took pressure from the folks who paid large sums of money to qualified attorneys to get rid of him. In the meantime, professors bullied the lacrosse players, some were given lower grades than they deserved, these players who ridiculed, lost the ability to play the game because the school canceled the season, kids missed out on employment and other opportunities due to the stigma, parents lost their life savings, retirement, took our loans and and were never paid back, ruination of reputations, friendships, etc.

Of course you can make light of this witch hunt towards rich white boys by the media and the judicial system but people should never forget. This case smells as rotten as the Duke case. Unfortunately, the racists involved have picked a much easier mark this time.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53560 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>Please don't simplify the Duke case. How long did it take to nail that prosecutor? Do you know anything about the judge and if there was any pushback or compliance from the bench? Well....it took pressure from the folks who paid large sums of money to qualified attorneys to get rid of him. In the meantime, professors bullied the lacrosse players, some were given lower grades than they deserved, these players who ridiculed, lost the ability to play the game because the school canceled the season, kids missed out on employment and other opportunities due to the stigma, parents lost their life savings, retirement, took our loans and and were never paid back, ruination of reputations, friendships, etc.
Of course you can make light of this witch hunt towards rich white boys by the media and the judicial system but people should never forget. This case smells as rotten as the Duke case. Unfortunately, the racists involved have picked a much easier mark this time.
Like I said, don't tell me you have an open mind.....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53565 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, you sound exactly like your 'friend' Truth. You have nothing to contribute just attempts to begin bickering battles with everyone you disagree with...much like Truth and Zazz.
This forum is nothing more than a place to discuss people's opinions about this case. I'm sorry that you can't grasp the basics here.
It is interesting that you said I'm making 'excuses' for Zimmerman. Your projection is telling. Please get back to the details of this case, not the personalities of the posters. Thank you.
Speaking of excuses......why have you not answered any questions posted about witness 8?
Interesting. Since I see you post a lot of questions for others to answer, but provide or contribute very little other than your opinions.

Be as vague and general as you want son. And demand others answer you since you can't provide for yourself on the factual level.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53567 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
When and where my little troll??????
Why cant you post links to back up even one of your claims????
lol! All the time son.

All the time.

The one area of consistency you retain!
d-pants

United States

#53568 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>I'm afraid you are terribly confused. The dispatcher never told Zimmerman to get back in the truck. Where did you come up with that?Zimmerman stopped while talking to the dispatcher and Martin vanished. Zimmerman couldn't have followed him because Martin disappeared. In fact, Martin had plenty of time to get home but he chose to attack Zimmerman instead, right outside his doorstep. I suspect, right in front of the minor kid who was left at home and supposedly alone. Since Zimmerman had no clue where Martin went and certainly had no clue where he lived, how can you even imagine that Zimmerman could follow him to his house in the dark? We know that Zimmerman was meeting the police at the back gate and he was on his way. Unfortunately, he was attacked by Martin while on his way to the gate. Martin could have easily avoided any altercation by going home or even hiding in the shadows. Zimmerman wouldn't have known where he was. Zimmerman was relying on the police to find Martin which was why he called them....and why he was on his way to the back gate to meet them. So I would imagine if Martin was as freaked as you would be, you would have gone home, right? There was PLENTY of time for Martin to have made a leisurely stroll into the back door. He could have even made a little dose of that Purple Drink for his minor friend.
ok he was told not to follow martin when you couls hear the door chime. So maybe he sat on his tailgate. Unless you're being even more ridiculous and you're saying he walked away from his truck in the opposite direction of martin. The dispatcher NEVER told zimmerman to WAIT FOR THE POLICE BY THE BACK GATE, wich would be pretty stupid anyway.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53569 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Caught in another lie..........The GJ never charged him ..........ROTFLMAO
Then you lie son.

I never said they did.

You really are trying to move down the stupidity ladder aren't you? Hey, don't let me stop you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama to seek healing in Orlando even as politi... 18 min OK Barry 61
News Vigil set in Allentown after Orlando club shooting 2 hr silly rabbit 15
News Police shootings are rarity in region Sat Rod Knox 9
News Newspaper: Man given clemency in murder case fa... Sat LGBT for NCexit a... 1
News Man who shot 3-year-old boy was celebrating gan... Sat bozo 1
News Dalon Smoot Fri d pants 3
News 1 Fatally Shot, 1 Wounded In San Juan Capistrano (Aug '06) Jun 24 SBY 164
More from around the web