Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
42,981 - 43,000 of 66,017 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53496 Mar 8, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you share yours about Thug Zimmerman's LIES.
After all, Thug Zimmerman is the one who is charged with murdering a child who was minding his own business.
It is his actions, not the actions of someone hundreds of miles away, that caused him to be charged with murder.
The scareddy cat was so scared that he decided to ignore the advice of law enforcement. The scareddy cat was sooooooo scared that he dicided to follow the innocent kid that he was sooooooo scared of.
He tells the 911 operator that Trayvon was "running away" from him. But on the Hannity/ThugZimmerman/O'Mara Entertainment-Fundraising Hour, he tells a different story.
Lets not even mention how old he says he thought the innocent child was. His LIES and actions bring into question every and any thing he says. His credibility is shot.
Witness 8 is not on trial and not the cause of Thug Zimmerman following, shooting and killing an innocent child. The cause of that would be that LIAR, Thug Zimmerman.
Since you want to harp on who is lying, start at the prime suspect. And once you resolve his LIES, I guarantee you that any one else's lies that you want to harp upon will seem so trivial.
Give it a try.
Have you ever retold a traumatic event? If you did, you would know that it more than likely to mix up minor details like that. You are not thinking that you have to keep track of all the details when this event is occuring. Have you ever been a victim in any kind of event -criminal or civil?
If you 've been a victim, you will know that remembering details may not be as easy for some. You may describe something a little differently the next time and it has nothing to do with guilt or trying to lie. It's one thing to say you were in the hospital the day of a funeral when it isn't true...that's a blatant lie. It's quite another to tell a 911 operator a suspect is running away and not remember the details of the evening as vividly days, weeks or months later. Stress most certainly impacts memory as well.

We all know what you think happened to Martin and we all know the reality. You have been presented with new questions about this case and refuse to address them. So, the star witness lied about her age and her whereabout. Most of us knew she was questionable when she never bothered to call police after she claimed there was a fight and the phone went dead. Wouldn't you think Dee Dee would be concerned for her sweet YOUNG boyfriend? This older woman may have had another kind of involvement with Martin but it probably had more to do with something criminal--based on her reaction that evening and her lies. Why would you lie unless there was something to hide?

Before you answer...please think hard. There is a difference between lies and remembering the details of a traumatic event that happened months ago. Zimmerman has gained nearly 100 pounds since the shooting so obviously the guy is under intense stress due to the threats and the fact he can't even go outside without fear of being killed. With crazy people like you spewing your hatred before all the facts are revealed, it's no wonder he has to hide.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53497 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
<quoted text> Yes dumb dumb. We all know what George is being CHARGED with. The state has to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt to get a CONVICTION . So far there has not been any rock solid evidence,just speculation and that will not convince a jury .
I also want to say that the states star witness just took a major fall from grace by lying under oath. Can you get that through your simple minded head that her credibility is shot.
Try to keep up
Can you show this lying under oath you keep referring to son?
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53498 Mar 8, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
That satisfaction still eludes You.
The investigation was carried out by Special Prosecutor Angela Corey. She was assisted by investigators from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE).
Concerning the Sanford Police Department...
Lordy Lordy Lordy. Much too late to discuss those bastards, other than to say...
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Of course this very special prosecuter bypassed the Grand Jury because this case would have been dead in the water. It wasn't that many years ago, another very 'special' prosecutor accused the Duke lacrosse team of raping a black woman. It turned out she was a liar and a thuggess criminal. Not sure if she paid for her crime either. She used one of her black get out of jail cards. I've heard she's used up all her cards, finally.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53499 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Can you show this lying under oath you keep referring to son?
Didn't she lie in her deposition? I'm pretty sure false testimony is criminal even outside a trial.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53501 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't she lie in her deposition? I'm pretty sure false testimony is criminal even outside a trial.
I'm looking for this "under oath" thing. It's come up several times and I can't locate it.

I don't recall taking "an oath" while taking a deposition.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53502 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
Wow! It is unbelievable how martin supporters are so sure of themselves yet they will not answer simple questions brought to this forum.
I mean really what is this whole circle jerk all about with these people. They must be racist. There is no other logical explanation as to why they can be so dead set on George being guilty.. and yet cannot prove nor dispute any facts .
I am not saying to get walked all over but the double standards have to stop.
I can remember the verbal thrashing all the martin supporters gave Georges wife for perjury yet when the chief witness for the prosecution lies under oath they are silent.
Not one single martin supporter has said anything about the star witness lying,and how the credibility of her testimony will be scrutinized
These hypocrits are exposed for what they are. The girl friend was a fraud from the start and yet these race baiting monsters ignored her questionable behavior. How many people questioned her reaction after the line went dead? The fact she did NOTHING drew lots of red flags for me! The race baiters thought nothing of it. Crump is a liar because when a witness gives testimony, she had to produce a drivers license. Now we know Martin was conversing with an adult woman who didn't seem to give two shts about him. This adult woman had something to hide because she didn't want anyone to know her whereabouts or her age. I'll bet she has something to do with that bag of jewelry Martin was holding on to. She's had plenty of time to work out a story with Crump-who should be disbarred. A little suspicious, maybe?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53503 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever retold a traumatic event? If you did, you would know that it more than likely to mix up minor details like that. You are not thinking that you have to keep track of all the details when this event is occuring. Have you ever been a victim in any kind of event -criminal or civil?
If you 've been a victim, you will know that remembering details may not be as easy for some. You may describe something a little differently the next time and it has nothing to do with guilt or trying to lie. It's one thing to say you were in the hospital the day of a funeral when it isn't true...that's a blatant lie. It's quite another to tell a 911 operator a suspect is running away and not remember the details of the evening as vividly days, weeks or months later. Stress most certainly impacts memory as well.
We all know what you think happened to Martin and we all know the reality. You have been presented with new questions about this case and refuse to address them. So, the star witness lied about her age and her whereabout. Most of us knew she was questionable when she never bothered to call police after she claimed there was a fight and the phone went dead. Wouldn't you think Dee Dee would be concerned for her sweet YOUNG boyfriend? This older woman may have had another kind of involvement with Martin but it probably had more to do with something criminal--based on her reaction that evening and her lies. Why would you lie unless there was something to hide?
Before you answer...please think hard. There is a difference between lies and remembering the details of a traumatic event that happened months ago. Zimmerman has gained nearly 100 pounds since the shooting so obviously the guy is under intense stress due to the threats and the fact he can't even go outside without fear of being killed. With crazy people like you spewing your hatred before all the facts are revealed, it's no wonder he has to hide.
He's already gone outside when he sat down with his interview with Hannity. And he tried to "cut a deal" for an interview with Barbara Walters.

We know what YOU think about him. But it's clear his so called "fear" has limits where money is concerned.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53504 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> Of course this very special prosecuter bypassed the Grand Jury because this case would have been dead in the water. It wasn't that many years ago, another very 'special' prosecutor accused the Duke lacrosse team of raping a black woman. It turned out she was a liar and a thuggess criminal. Not sure if she paid for her crime either. She used one of her black get out of jail cards. I've heard she's used up all her cards, finally.
Why would you go to the grand jury to charge someone with a charge that's not warranted son?

Are you saying this is a 1st degree murder case?

As for the Duke incident, that prosecutor was disbarred for misconduct and is no longer practicing.

You need to get your stories squared away son.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53505 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking for this "under oath" thing. It's come up several times and I can't locate it.
Well the media has it all over about Witness 8 lying under oath and committing perjury.

In a deposition, you ARE under oath. I'm surprised you wouldn't remember that important detail. Maybe you can now understand how easy it is to forget important details of an event. It doesn't make you liar, just human.
Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53506 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking for this "under oath" thing. It's come up several times and I can't locate it.
(CNN)-- The state's chief witness in the Trayvon Martin murder case lied under oath, prosecutors say.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/us/florida-tray...
Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53507 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be a defense lawyer. Exceptional post. Right on the money. And yes this case does stink of some illegal activity going on before the shooting ,, the father, the boy left home alone,witness number 8 etc etc...

Please continue with your intelligent posting.
Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53508 Mar 8, 2013
Homo Africanus wrote:
<quoted text>
Your gender is irrelevant to me and it will definitely not be on my mind on the day I die. Even if I were to die tomorrow your sex classification is of no concern to me. Your gender, or lack thereof, or even your gender neutrality is a non-issue. Anybody who hides behind an anonymous Internet discussion forum and then tries to confuse other posters as to the true nature of their gender, age, work, experiences, disabilities, etc, whatever, is just a moron. And I think you are an incredible moron. But don't get me wrong, I believe that you are much much more than just a moron.
You're also an agitator, and a racist, looking for anybody and everybody who you can coerce.
You just won't admit it, that would take guts, guts which you simply just do not possess. But you like to humiliate people and make them feel guilty. You like to project hatred and accuse others of the same things you are no doubt guilty of. Search your conscience and then call yourself "Truth." You are a joke, you know that? You are a spoiled brat who was never disciplined properly. But even worse....
You are a LIAR.
I certainly hope I don't find myself staring down into the hellish abyss that you will probably be descending into unless you can somehow manage to change your ways. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemies, and I certainly wouldn't wish it upon you my friend. So if it turns out that I have the longest straw in the afterlife, don't worry.
I'll let you suck on it.
But I doubt if it will do you any good. So here's a bit of friendly advice that I am more than happy to depart to your gender neutral ass.
Judge not, and your gender neutral ass will not be judged.
For with what measure you judge, your gender neutral ass will be judged.
Get it?.....Good.....Now moisten up those big lips and get back to those huge peenusis you got going on down there. Prostitutes will be the first ones to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, don't you know that? Now get to work! Beotch! While you're down there....
Hilarious and at the same time serious because its so true. Thank you for taking the time to put "IT" in check. Job well done.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53509 Mar 8, 2013
Witness 8 would have produced her driver's license at the deposition so Crump had to know she was a liar at the deposition. Now, if Dee Dee produced false ID at the deposition, there is more trouble for Dee Dee.

Isn't it strange the prosecuter pulled out all the stops when Zimmerman's wife 'perjured' herself and yet she or the judge won't even mention what is going to happen to this witness who has perjured herself!!!! Looks like we have some unfairness going on in the south, once again.

Unfortunately for the Zimmermans, there are no gangs or hate crowds threatening to burn Sanford down. The political winds will try to blow the Zimmermans right into jail because it will keep the peace and the animals at bay.
Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53510 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you go to the grand jury to charge someone with a charge that's not warranted son?
Are you saying this is a 1st degree murder case?
As for the Duke incident, that prosecutor was disbarred for misconduct and is no longer practicing.
You need to get your stories squared away son.
You just got your ass handed to you by "OHWELL" ..
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53511 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>Well the media has it all over about Witness 8 lying under oath and committing perjury.
In a deposition, you ARE under oath. I'm surprised you wouldn't remember that important detail. Maybe you can now understand how easy it is to forget important details of an event. It doesn't make you liar, just human.
Thanks for your opinion son.

So... can you show me this under oath thing?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53512 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
<quoted text>(CNN)-- The state's chief witness in the Trayvon Martin murder case lied under oath, prosecutors say.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/us/florida-tray...
Works for me.
Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53514 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> These hypocrits are exposed for what they are. The girl friend was a fraud from the start and yet these race baiting monsters ignored her questionable behavior. How many people questioned her reaction after the line went dead? The fact she did NOTHING drew lots of red flags for me! The race baiters thought nothing of it. Crump is a liar because when a witness gives testimony, she had to produce a drivers license. Now we know Martin was conversing with an adult woman who didn't seem to give two shts about him. This adult woman had something to hide because she didn't want anyone to know her whereabouts or her age. I'll bet she has something to do with that bag of jewelry Martin was holding on to. She's had plenty of time to work out a story with Crump-who should be disbarred. A little suspicious, maybe?
Ever since you came onto this form you have really given me food for thought. I must admit it is very interesting to say the least that witness number 8 wouldn't have called 911 to report an incident occurring with her BOYFRIEND. You made a great point and continue to articulate the facts of this case very well.

Seriously if the phone line was disconnected and when she tried to call back there wasn't any answer wouldn't a thoughtful caring person call police,,Because after all it was an emergency,,there was reason for concern given her testimony that some guy was following trayvon.

So the question is why didn't witness 8 contact police? Why didn't witness 8 contact trayvons father? Why is witness 8 lying under oath. What does she have to hide? Obviously she is hiding the truth.
Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53515 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Works for me.
I am glad CNN works for you. It shows a level of integrity on your part to admit when you are wrong and accept the truth. or just having common sense.

anyhow,,,, now would you care to share your thoughts and or opinion about the prosecutions star witness lying under oath?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53518 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
<quoted text> I am glad CNN works for you. It shows a level of integrity on your part to admit when you are wrong and accept the truth. or just having common sense.
anyhow,,,, now would you care to share your thoughts and or opinion about the prosecutions star witness lying under oath?
The same as Zimmerman lying to the judge... and his wife.

Too bad the Zimmerman crowd only has one agenda, regardless of what's provided... like some who complain about the special prosecutor... or not charging Zimmerman w/1st degree murder (which is pretty idiotic when you think about it unless you want to charge someone for a crime they didn't commit.)

As I've said before, I'm just watching justice take it's course.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53520 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
<quoted text>You should be a defense lawyer. Exceptional post. Right on the money. And yes this case does stink of some illegal activity going on before the shooting ,, the father, the boy left home alone,witness number 8 etc etc...
Please continue with your intelligent posting.
Amazing how you let your imaginations run the show.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 10 min Concern Citizen 1,328
Shooting has gained Pittsfield's attention 17 min DCF are Monsters 13
Monrovia cousins convicted of murdering 16-year... (Jul '10) 6 hr choclett 349
Sebewaing teen on life support, police officer ... 7 hr Steel josh 1
Religious leaders call for outrage after baby s... 9 hr LouisvilleKYreport 1
Ex-corrections officer arraigned in fatal Swans... 9 hr Bluehawaii 2
Michael Brown's family prepares to say goodbye 11 hr Justshootthebastard 12
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••