Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53507 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever retold a traumatic event? If you did, you would know that it more than likely to mix up minor details like that. You are not thinking that you have to keep track of all the details when this event is occuring. Have you ever been a victim in any kind of event -criminal or civil?
If you 've been a victim, you will know that remembering details may not be as easy for some. You may describe something a little differently the next time and it has nothing to do with guilt or trying to lie. It's one thing to say you were in the hospital the day of a funeral when it isn't true...that's a blatant lie. It's quite another to tell a 911 operator a suspect is running away and not remember the details of the evening as vividly days, weeks or months later. Stress most certainly impacts memory as well.
We all know what you think happened to Martin and we all know the reality. You have been presented with new questions about this case and refuse to address them. So, the star witness lied about her age and her whereabout. Most of us knew she was questionable when she never bothered to call police after she claimed there was a fight and the phone went dead. Wouldn't you think Dee Dee would be concerned for her sweet YOUNG boyfriend? This older woman may have had another kind of involvement with Martin but it probably had more to do with something criminal--based on her reaction that evening and her lies. Why would you lie unless there was something to hide?
Before you answer...please think hard. There is a difference between lies and remembering the details of a traumatic event that happened months ago. Zimmerman has gained nearly 100 pounds since the shooting so obviously the guy is under intense stress due to the threats and the fact he can't even go outside without fear of being killed. With crazy people like you spewing your hatred before all the facts are revealed, it's no wonder he has to hide.
You should be a defense lawyer. Exceptional post. Right on the money. And yes this case does stink of some illegal activity going on before the shooting ,, the father, the boy left home alone,witness number 8 etc etc...

Please continue with your intelligent posting.
Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53508 Mar 8, 2013
Homo Africanus wrote:
<quoted text>
Your gender is irrelevant to me and it will definitely not be on my mind on the day I die. Even if I were to die tomorrow your sex classification is of no concern to me. Your gender, or lack thereof, or even your gender neutrality is a non-issue. Anybody who hides behind an anonymous Internet discussion forum and then tries to confuse other posters as to the true nature of their gender, age, work, experiences, disabilities, etc, whatever, is just a moron. And I think you are an incredible moron. But don't get me wrong, I believe that you are much much more than just a moron.
You're also an agitator, and a racist, looking for anybody and everybody who you can coerce.
You just won't admit it, that would take guts, guts which you simply just do not possess. But you like to humiliate people and make them feel guilty. You like to project hatred and accuse others of the same things you are no doubt guilty of. Search your conscience and then call yourself "Truth." You are a joke, you know that? You are a spoiled brat who was never disciplined properly. But even worse....
You are a LIAR.
I certainly hope I don't find myself staring down into the hellish abyss that you will probably be descending into unless you can somehow manage to change your ways. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemies, and I certainly wouldn't wish it upon you my friend. So if it turns out that I have the longest straw in the afterlife, don't worry.
I'll let you suck on it.
But I doubt if it will do you any good. So here's a bit of friendly advice that I am more than happy to depart to your gender neutral ass.
Judge not, and your gender neutral ass will not be judged.
For with what measure you judge, your gender neutral ass will be judged.
Get it?.....Good.....Now moisten up those big lips and get back to those huge peenusis you got going on down there. Prostitutes will be the first ones to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, don't you know that? Now get to work! Beotch! While you're down there....
Hilarious and at the same time serious because its so true. Thank you for taking the time to put "IT" in check. Job well done.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53509 Mar 8, 2013
Witness 8 would have produced her driver's license at the deposition so Crump had to know she was a liar at the deposition. Now, if Dee Dee produced false ID at the deposition, there is more trouble for Dee Dee.

Isn't it strange the prosecuter pulled out all the stops when Zimmerman's wife 'perjured' herself and yet she or the judge won't even mention what is going to happen to this witness who has perjured herself!!!! Looks like we have some unfairness going on in the south, once again.

Unfortunately for the Zimmermans, there are no gangs or hate crowds threatening to burn Sanford down. The political winds will try to blow the Zimmermans right into jail because it will keep the peace and the animals at bay.
Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53510 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you go to the grand jury to charge someone with a charge that's not warranted son?
Are you saying this is a 1st degree murder case?
As for the Duke incident, that prosecutor was disbarred for misconduct and is no longer practicing.
You need to get your stories squared away son.
You just got your ass handed to you by "OHWELL" ..
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53511 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>Well the media has it all over about Witness 8 lying under oath and committing perjury.
In a deposition, you ARE under oath. I'm surprised you wouldn't remember that important detail. Maybe you can now understand how easy it is to forget important details of an event. It doesn't make you liar, just human.
Thanks for your opinion son.

So... can you show me this under oath thing?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53512 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
<quoted text>(CNN)-- The state's chief witness in the Trayvon Martin murder case lied under oath, prosecutors say.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/us/florida-tray...
Works for me.
Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53514 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> These hypocrits are exposed for what they are. The girl friend was a fraud from the start and yet these race baiting monsters ignored her questionable behavior. How many people questioned her reaction after the line went dead? The fact she did NOTHING drew lots of red flags for me! The race baiters thought nothing of it. Crump is a liar because when a witness gives testimony, she had to produce a drivers license. Now we know Martin was conversing with an adult woman who didn't seem to give two shts about him. This adult woman had something to hide because she didn't want anyone to know her whereabouts or her age. I'll bet she has something to do with that bag of jewelry Martin was holding on to. She's had plenty of time to work out a story with Crump-who should be disbarred. A little suspicious, maybe?
Ever since you came onto this form you have really given me food for thought. I must admit it is very interesting to say the least that witness number 8 wouldn't have called 911 to report an incident occurring with her BOYFRIEND. You made a great point and continue to articulate the facts of this case very well.

Seriously if the phone line was disconnected and when she tried to call back there wasn't any answer wouldn't a thoughtful caring person call police,,Because after all it was an emergency,,there was reason for concern given her testimony that some guy was following trayvon.

So the question is why didn't witness 8 contact police? Why didn't witness 8 contact trayvons father? Why is witness 8 lying under oath. What does she have to hide? Obviously she is hiding the truth.
Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53515 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Works for me.
I am glad CNN works for you. It shows a level of integrity on your part to admit when you are wrong and accept the truth. or just having common sense.

anyhow,,,, now would you care to share your thoughts and or opinion about the prosecutions star witness lying under oath?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53518 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
<quoted text> I am glad CNN works for you. It shows a level of integrity on your part to admit when you are wrong and accept the truth. or just having common sense.
anyhow,,,, now would you care to share your thoughts and or opinion about the prosecutions star witness lying under oath?
The same as Zimmerman lying to the judge... and his wife.

Too bad the Zimmerman crowd only has one agenda, regardless of what's provided... like some who complain about the special prosecutor... or not charging Zimmerman w/1st degree murder (which is pretty idiotic when you think about it unless you want to charge someone for a crime they didn't commit.)

As I've said before, I'm just watching justice take it's course.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53520 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
<quoted text>You should be a defense lawyer. Exceptional post. Right on the money. And yes this case does stink of some illegal activity going on before the shooting ,, the father, the boy left home alone,witness number 8 etc etc...
Please continue with your intelligent posting.
Amazing how you let your imaginations run the show.
humph

Newport News, VA

#53529 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Happens millions of times..........LOL
But morons think that everyone that is not black and charged with a crime is guilty..........LOL
While everyone who is black and charged with a crime can be justified in their actions.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53530 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>He's already gone outside when he sat down with his interview with Hannity. And he tried to "cut a deal" for an interview with Barbara Walters.
We know what YOU think about him. But it's clear his so called "fear" has limits where money is concerned.
Wow, aren't you critical!

Walters is your classic biiiiitch and showed her unprofessionalism in her response to being turned down.

On the other hand, can you blame a poor and desperate victim who needed money for representation? I can see why he would try to 'cut' as many 'deals' as it took to protect his innocence AND to be able to afford the best legal representation. Unfortunately for George, he doesn't realize he is paying big bucks for someone who isn't that good, IMO. A competent lawyer would never have agreed to allow him to speak with ANYONE before the trial.

Zimmerman does not 'show' very well and partly because he is not a very bright person. This is why he went about proving his innocence the wrong way. When going up against the media beast who hates you, you're outnumbered. You will lose even when innocent. Zimmerman went to a fight, outnumbered. Even Hannity was not doing him any favors. Hannity was looking for ratings first and foremost. I'm sure he thinks he's innocent but he was not prepared for an interview with a guy who isn't very bright. If he wanted to do the right thing, he wouldn't have put it on the air. So we know what he was really after......$$$$

I suspect Zimmerman has a learning disability of some kind, maybe brain damage. I don't think he has the ability to retell the events. It could be why he had problems in school and other social issues. The fact his defense lawyer agreed to this interview is despicable. He only cares about the money. That interview was going to provide funds for his shtty defense. The outcome of his trial is not important to him. In fact, he doesn't have to worry about getting shot at if he gets Zimmerman off.

I've worked with kids who suffer from minimal brain dysfunction which is usally the cause of many learning disabilities. Adults and children can have difficulty articulating events and putting them in chronological order. Details are oftentimes confused or forgotten. I could be totally wrong but I sense Zimmerman has struggled with this his entire life.

If you put an innocent retarded person on the stand without revealing his mental condition, would he receive a fair trial? I'm not saying Zimmerman is retarded but I do think he has comprehension and memory problems that are part of a disability. I do not think he had any intent to kill anyone and he shot Martin in self defense.

Zimmerman is a victim of his own lack of common sense and brain dysfunction, imo.

Keep in mind, skilled trial lawyers can make an innocent person think they are guilty. You can interrogate innocent people and get them to admit to something they didn't do. It isn't done through torture but through clever questioning techniques.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53532 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
<quoted text>You should be a defense lawyer. Exceptional post. Right on the money. And yes this case does stink of some illegal activity going on before the shooting ,, the father, the boy left home alone,witness number 8 etc etc...
Please continue with your intelligent posting.


You are too kind but defense lawyers also have to defend the guilty. I couldn't do that.

I just watched that Hannity interview and realized why the race baiters are having a field day.This interview could have been the most incriminating thing I've ever seen.

I'm baffled by the strategy of his defense attorney which leads me to believe he must want to lose the case. Maybe he's been threatened or just plain afraid of what would happen if he got Zimmerman off. He certainly isn't walking away from all the money he's receiving.

Zimmerman is not a good witness. I think he is compromised intellectually and is unable to recall the events in an accurate and chronological order. Because he wants to prove his innocence, he is subconsciously trying to fill in the gaps he's forgotten with 'facts' that fit, since his memory is so unreliable. He should be tested thoroughly and by those qualified in language learning disabilities, cognition and perception.

Zimmerman seems to have comprehension issues because when he was asked if he would change anything he said no. Most people would probably say they wished they stayed in that night. He said he wouldn't have changed anything which is very incriminating. I'm sure he was referring to the fact that he didn't do anything wrong but it didn't come out that way. I don't know if English is his first language or if he has a language disability. I sense something is wrong with him in that regard. I am very certain he never wanted to kill Martin. He shot him because no one came to his aid and he was probably afraid and in a great deal of pain.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53533 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show us where Zim lied to a judge,.........ROTFLMAO
Regardless of what you believe son, you're really not that smart....

http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-back-jail-jud...

"Zimmerman back to jail; judge says he lied
By KYLE HIGHTOWER and MIKE SCHNEIDER | Associated Press – Sat, Jun 2, 2012
SANFORD, Fla.(AP)— Trayvon Martin's shooter must return to jail, a judge ordered Friday in a strongly worded ruling that said George Zimmerman and his wife lied to the court about their finances to obtain bond in a case that hinges on jurors believing his account of what happened the night the teen was killed...."
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53534 Mar 8, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, aren't you critical!
Walters is your classic biiiiitch and showed her unprofessionalism in her response to being turned down.
On the other hand, can you blame a poor and desperate victim who needed money for representation? I can see why he would try to 'cut' as many 'deals' as it took to protect his innocence AND to be able to afford the best legal representation. Unfortunately for George, he doesn't realize he is paying big bucks for someone who isn't that good, IMO. A competent lawyer would never have agreed to allow him to speak with ANYONE before the trial.
Zimmerman does not 'show' very well and partly because he is not a very bright person. This is why he went about proving his innocence the wrong way. When going up against the media beast who hates you, you're outnumbered. You will lose even when innocent. Zimmerman went to a fight, outnumbered. Even Hannity was not doing him any favors. Hannity was looking for ratings first and foremost. I'm sure he thinks he's innocent but he was not prepared for an interview with a guy who isn't very bright. If he wanted to do the right thing, he wouldn't have put it on the air. So we know what he was really after......$$$$
I suspect Zimmerman has a learning disability of some kind, maybe brain damage. I don't think he has the ability to retell the events. It could be why he had problems in school and other social issues. The fact his defense lawyer agreed to this interview is despicable. He only cares about the money. That interview was going to provide funds for his shtty defense. The outcome of his trial is not important to him. In fact, he doesn't have to worry about getting shot at if he gets Zimmerman off.
I've worked with kids who suffer from minimal brain dysfunction which is usally the cause of many learning disabilities. Adults and children can have difficulty articulating events and putting them in chronological order. Details are oftentimes confused or forgotten. I could be totally wrong but I sense Zimmerman has struggled with this his entire life.
If you put an innocent retarded person on the stand without revealing his mental condition, would he receive a fair trial? I'm not saying Zimmerman is retarded but I do think he has comprehension and memory problems that are part of a disability. I do not think he had any intent to kill anyone and he shot Martin in self defense.
Zimmerman is a victim of his own lack of common sense and brain dysfunction, imo.
Keep in mind, skilled trial lawyers can make an innocent person think they are guilty. You can interrogate innocent people and get them to admit to something they didn't do. It isn't done through torture but through clever questioning techniques.
Pick a side son.

You make him a victim afraid to go out, now you switch with your "you can't blame him" attitude. Make up, suspect and claim whatever you want to "support" your opinion.

Keep up the flip flopping.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53538 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you go to the grand jury to charge someone with a charge that's not warranted son?
Are you saying this is a 1st degree murder case?
As for the Duke incident, that prosecutor was disbarred for misconduct and is no longer practicing.
You need to get your stories squared away son.
?????I don't think this case should have gone anywhere but the state did. The prosecutor didn't want a Grand Jury probably knowing there wasn't enough evidence.

The Duke case is an example of how innocent people can get railroaded by the politics of the day. Justice eventually prevailed but it wasn't until many lives were destroyed, retirement accounts depleted career opportunities missed, games never to be played, bullying by classmates and teachers, grades lowered, and a million things that we will never know. The only reason these boys were released from the bowels of a corrupt system was because their families had money, were educated and had competent representation. If the stripper picked better marks and they were more like Zimmerman....they would all be in jail today.

There is a new kind of discrimination going on today......and it is against the white male. Rich or poor, they are all targets.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53539 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
He could not pass the police test????
But being a slow person does not make him guilty.
I agree but slow can create credibility problems.

I don't know how difficult a police test is but somewhere I read Zimmerman was not a very strong student. Any past social problems usually go hand in hand with learning disabilities. If English is not his primary language, that could make learning even more difficult.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53540 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about when you made this claim????
On post # 46912 here http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...
The moron yea claimed that the burden of proof falls on the defense even after I had posed a link from a legal law lib ray showing what everyone else knows that the burden of proof falls on the prosecution……
lol! What's the matter son? Still stuck on stupid?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53541 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Why
Not everyone is a moron like you that sees everything as only black..........LOL
lol! You mean you only see things as white son.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53542 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Pick a side son.
You make him a victim afraid to go out, now you switch with your "you can't blame him" attitude. Make up, suspect and claim whatever you want to "support" your opinion.
Keep up the flip flopping.
So now you want to argue with me because I have am participating in this discussion with an open mind?

I have not flipped flopped at all. I think he is innocent until proven otherwise. Please quit making claims you can't suppport. It's diminishes the quality of this discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alabama man arrested for murder of Naomi Jones 1 hr Thatisthewaylifeis 2
News Attorneys move to dismiss Traci Rhode case: Loc... (Apr '07) Fri jessica 61
News JonBenet: Paula Woodward on New Book, John Rams... Thu Rainbow334 7
News Attorney: Mississippi man shot in head by police Sep 21 kosher nostra bibi 3
News Second arrest made in shooting (Jan '09) Sep 21 Brother n law 93
News Shumpert legal fights continues to shift, narrow Sep 20 Anonymous 30
News Trial for shooting pushed to December Sep 20 Bryan davis 2
More from around the web