Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments (Page 2,145)

Showing posts 42,881 - 42,900 of65,548
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ohwell

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

d-pants wrote:
I'm. Not following it very closely, but unless the witness changed their story to seeing martin drag zimmerman from his truck to a back yard, it still doesn't matter, its evident zimmerman followed him.
What a strange comment. How can you follow someone who has disappeared from sight? If Martin was the innocent as you claim, why wasn't he home? He had plenty of time. The facts prove that he ambushed Zimmerman just outside his house. Zimmerman had no idea where he was because he vanished while Z was on the phone. So the kid is gone and Zimmerman is waiting for the police to arrive. He heads to the back gate and he's ambushed. It's dark and Zimmerman has no idea where the kid is although it appears he finds him with a blow to the head and nose. Your theory is filled with holes because Zimmerman contacted the police. It makes no sense at all that he would suddenly decide to stalk and kill an 'innocent' kid. Were there any other mysterious deaths of other black people in this neighborhood? Surely, if Z were so blatant to call police and then stalk and kill someone, there must be more dead victims.
Ohwell

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Casper the PERVERTED ghost, the Buffoon Bill, I know you and Ohwell are the same person. You had to create another character in order to have someone defend you and your deviant posts.
I don't think pills will help you. A lobotomy is the only answer for you.
I am NOT Bill, sweetie. But I have to wonder if you are Be True based on the fact you have answered posts directed to him/her/it? A little projection on your part is revealing, however. Please remain on topic and stop the incessant whining and nitpicking about the personalities in these threads. It's very annoying.

You've never answered my questions about the minor who was waiting for Martin to return from the store. He surely must have watched the commotion outside his door. Any comments?4115

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Good morning to all the racists and bigots and haters on here.

May your day end the opposite as it began.
news flash

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

The only racist are the people that use race as an issue all the time. This is only news because of the racist that made it news. We all know if the kid was white no one would care. Of course the parents wouldn't be crying racism then either, it would be a death and a trial and then a verdict, based on if it was a crime or not. Not a big blow out over the race of the kid.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>What a strange comment. How can you follow someone who has disappeared from sight? If Martin was the innocent as you claim, why wasn't he home? He had plenty of time. The facts prove that he ambushed Zimmerman just outside his house. Zimmerman had no idea where he was because he vanished while Z was on the phone. So the kid is gone and Zimmerman is waiting for the police to arrive. He heads to the back gate and he's ambushed. It's dark and Zimmerman has no idea where the kid is although it appears he finds him with a blow to the head and nose. Your theory is filled with holes because Zimmerman contacted the police. It makes no sense at all that he would suddenly decide to stalk and kill an 'innocent' kid. Were there any other mysterious deaths of other black people in this neighborhood? Surely, if Z were so blatant to call police and then stalk and kill someone, there must be more dead victims.
That's what hunting and stalking is son.
Homo Africanus

Frankfurt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
Good morning to all the racists and bigots and haters on here.
May your day end the opposite as it began.
The only racist on here is you and zazz, and the rest of your alternates. I aslo hope your day ends the opposite than it began, in a body bag.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

get well soon travyonn, we're all pulling for you.
Ohwell

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That's what hunting and stalking is son.
Hunting and stalking? I think you are referring to the thug that ambushed Zimmerman. Z contacted authorities to investigate a suspicious person and he was sure right about the thug. It doesn't look like Zimmerman anticipated the kid was a violent monster or he surely wouldn't have left himself to be so vulnerable to attack. Zimmerman was free to walk in his OWN neighborhood. He had every right to contact police to investigate a suspicous person regardless if he was a block captain or just a resident. Martin on the other hand stalked and tired to kill Zimmerman. If this wasn't his intention then he would have been home well before Zimmerman made his way towards the back gate. I'm afraid all these cries of racism are a result of some serious projection from the real racists, here.
Ohwell

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Homo Africanus wrote:
<quoted text>
The only racist on here is you and zazz, and the rest of your alternates. I aslo hope your day ends the opposite than it began, in a body bag.
Well that is mean but this person IS annoying as hell. You do realize you will cause this person to distract once again from the topic and focus on the personalities of the posters.

Do you know anything about the minor who was at home during the shooting. Surely, he had to have seen what happened.

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

news flash wrote:
The only racist are the people that use race as an issue all the time.
You said a mouthful.

Now go back through this thread and see who those very people are.

If you are diligent in your perusing, you will see that they are the very ones who bring up race and use it as an issue and use it to deride others.

Keep up.

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Homo Africanus wrote:
Thank you for exposing yourself with your true self.

You only confirm what I've been saying all along.

Thank you.

I have a special place for racists...

On the tip of my left boot.
Be Truthful Be Free

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

I believe a significant part of the case will be when the defense establishes that Martin was going after Georges gun while saying "you are going to die tonight". Martin was unarmed from the start, However the moment Martin attempted to arm himself by taking possession of the deadly weapon "gun"and threatening George while beating him is where the whole story line changes.

Also lets not forget that George had no idea if this suspicious person was armed with a weapon.George even stated to dispatch that Martin had his hands in his waistband while looking at him. So to say that George got out of his vehicle full of rage to follow and CONFRONT a potential armed criminal is absurd.There are no facts other than pure speculation to disprove George..
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> Hunting and stalking? I think you are referring to the thug that ambushed Zimmerman. Z contacted authorities to investigate a suspicious person and he was sure right about the thug. It doesn't look like Zimmerman anticipated the kid was a violent monster or he surely wouldn't have left himself to be so vulnerable to attack. Zimmerman was free to walk in his OWN neighborhood. He had every right to contact police to investigate a suspicous person regardless if he was a block captain or just a resident. Martin on the other hand stalked and tired to kill Zimmerman. If this wasn't his intention then he would have been home well before Zimmerman made his way towards the back gate. I'm afraid all these cries of racism are a result of some serious projection from the real racists, here.
Really? Zimmerman said he was afraid when he was in his vechicle. Then gave chase with his weapon when Martin bolted.
Traymoon Sand Dune

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Would you like to swing on a star?

Carry Moonbeam home in a jar?

Or be better off where you are?

Been looking for a good deal on an ash tray. Most that I have seen are made in China and are either made out of plastic that has been painted with lead, or else thin glass which tarnishes and breaks easily.

Anybody know where I can purchase a heavy duty stand up ash tray or butt-station that comes complete with fire retardant sand or other material that will extinguish cigarette butts on contact?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

I believe a significant part of the case will be when the defense establishes that Martin was going after Georges gun while saying "you are going to die tonight". Martin was unarmed from the start, However the moment Martin attempted to arm himself by taking possession of the deadly weapon "gun"and threatening George while beating him is where the whole story line changes.
Also lets not forget that George had no idea if this suspicious person was armed with a weapon.George even stated to dispatch that Martin had his hands in his waistband while looking at him. So to say that George got out of his vehicle full of rage to follow and CONFRONT a potential armed criminal is absurd.There are no facts other than pure speculation to disprove George..
There's no DNA on the weapon.
Homo Africanus

Frankfurt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Thank you for exposing yourself with your true self.
You only confirm what I've been saying all along.
Thank you.
I have a special place for racists...
On the tip of my left boot.
Fairies wear boots. Where's your buddy bareback been these days? He off getting himself some strange enword crack or what?

You two make a lovely couple, because you two are the only posters on here who support the racist Martin. Altogether I figure you guys have about 6 or 7 alternates.

Just a couple of black fags spewing toxic racial rhetoric against anyone who tries to have an honest discussion about race on here.

GFY!
Homo Africanus

Frankfurt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>There's no DNA on the weapon.
The DNA is up your ass!
Ohwell

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

This is an example of stupidity on George's part and a slow response from police. He sensed Martin was possibly dangerous, you could tell from listening to the 911 call. I doubt Zimmerman expected Martin to be within close proximity to him because if he did, he wouldn't have been attacked in the first place. He would have avoided him until the police arrived. Zimmerman expected the police to investigate and he was doing his duty as a resident and as a block captain. I have no doubt he was going to lead the police around the neighborhood looking for Martin under their protection. This is a case of a guy who isn't the brightest guy but a guy who wanted to do the right thing. He ended up getting ambushed and beaten to the point he had no choice but to defend himself. He was screaming for help and no one came to his aid. Zimmerman probably did put himself in harm's way by walking towards the back gate. He didn't take into account the police may not be there when he needed them. Zimmerman can't be blamed because he wasn't very smart.
Be Truthful Be Free

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>There's no DNA on the weapon.
Whether Trayvon actually had his hand on the gun may not matter. The crux of the case rests on whether Zimmerman can convince a jury that Trayvon was reaching for the gun. It's doubtful that the DNA match will contribute much to the case.
Ohwell

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Zimmerman said he was afraid when he was in his vechicle. Then gave chase with his weapon when Martin bolted.
Zimmerman wasn't athletic enough to give chase. He was walking and talking on the phone. You could tell by the way he was breathing. He stopped and Martin vanished. You can't follow someone you don't see. He contacted the police to deal with Martin. As Zimmerman was waiting for them to arrive, Z got ambushed by the thug. All the facts point that way although when you have a media with an agenda, a dirty prosecutor with tainted judges who have to manage the political scene....well that's something else.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,881 - 42,900 of65,548
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Violent Crime Forum right now

Search the Violent Crime Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Retired NYPD Officer Charged With Fatally Shoot... 55 min Typical NYPD material 1
14-year-old charged in shooting dea... 6 hr private 20
Fatally shot Antioch teen identified 8 hr Drifting to sleep 5
Supremacist held in slayings at Kan. Jewish center 12 hr Black Rhino 188
St. Paul Man Accused Of Fatally Shooting Girlfr... 15 hr GOVERNMENTSLAVEME 1
Philip Chism, 15, accused of raping and murderi... 16 hr Lon Spector 2
An Azusa neighborhood has become a common groun... (Aug '09) 17 hr out of azusa 192
•••
•••
•••
•••