Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66321 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53291 Mar 6, 2013
Stink Bomb wrote:
witness 8 was a main reason why the probable cause affidavit was signed ..
Chief witness in Trayvon Martin case lied under oath
From Vivian Kuo and Josh Levs, CNN
updated 3:56 PM EST, Wed March 6, 2013
Surely there has to be more than that to it. Zimmerman must have a real shtty attorney. It doesn't help that Zimmerman and his wife are not very bright. They are very vulnerable when they expose themselves to the racist media sharks.
TRUTH IS FREE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53292 Mar 6, 2013
Police would later explain that the dispatcher's imperative was "not a lawful order that Mr. Zimmerman would be required to follow."
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53293 Mar 6, 2013
TRUTH IS FREE wrote:
Police would later explain that the dispatcher's imperative was "not a lawful order that Mr. Zimmerman would be required to follow."
But he still stopped following and Martin vanished. I don't understand how anyone can say Zimmerman followed Martin when he was long gone.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#53294 Mar 6, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> But he still stopped following and Martin vanished. I don't understand how anyone can say Zimmerman followed Martin when he was long gone.
When you simply view things through Zimmerman's glasses, everything is so clear.

Too bad that's the only perspective you allow.
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53297 Mar 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>When you simply view things through Zimmerman's glasses, everything is so clear.
I only take sides when the facts are clear. Can you explain how Zimmerman could have followed Martin? You could hear on the call he stopped. There is no way Martin would have been in his view after the call was over. If Martin were worried and afraid, he would have gone home and end of story. Looks like Crump is a liar and witness 8 is too. It's beyond me why Zimmerman was even arrested except that he kind of dumb and so is his attorney. No one has mentioned the minor child at home during the shooting. Any thoughts?
chris

Lafayette, LA

#53298 Mar 6, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
But you cant seem to post any evidence that proves that statement either..........ROTFLMAO
no he and she were truthful, just that no one in the court room has a clue not even today
chris

Lafayette, LA

#53299 Mar 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>When you simply view things through Zimmerman's glasses, everything is so clear.
i guess if you look through the criminals eyes, you can always come up with an unfair socio pathic view, but that is irrelevant to civil society
d-pants

United States

#53300 Mar 6, 2013
Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>I only take sides when the facts are clear. Can you explain how Zimmerman could have followed Martin? You could hear on the call he stopped. There is no way Martin would have been in his view after the call was over. If Martin were worried and afraid, he would have gone home and end of story. Looks like Crump is a liar and witness 8 is too. It's beyond me why Zimmerman was even arrested except that he kind of dumb and so is his attorney. No one has mentioned the minor child at home during the shooting. Any thoughts?
because the confrontation happened in a back yard. so now the burden of proof is on you, how did he not follow him if he didn't drive through somebodys lawn? o_O
run cowards

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53301 Mar 6, 2013
It is quite amusing how martin supporters can turn a blind eye to facts. I mean talk about a bombshell with the breaking news of chief witness 8 lying under oath. Not one single response or even a thought on what the racist martin supporters think. Why? i assume because they are in denial,and possibly the early stages of coming to reality that zimmerman WILL be acquitted.

If there is more evidence other than pure speculation can someone provide it so i can see what all the crying is about. As of now it sounds like a vigilant family man decided to protect his community. While in the course of doing so he was brutally attacked by a ruthless teenage punk.
d-pants

United States

#53302 Mar 6, 2013
I'm. Not following it very closely, but unless the witness changed their story to seeing martin drag zimmerman from his truck to a back yard, it still doesn't matter, its evident zimmerman followed him.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#53303 Mar 6, 2013
Casper The Friendly Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I think zazz and the "Be Free" moron are one in the same. They accuse me of being somebody else, which means that he is probably the same poster, one posing as a black man, and his other personality posing as a white woman.
It takes all kinds I suppose.
Oh Casper the PERVERTED ghost, the Buffoon Bill, I know you and Ohwell are the same person. You had to create another character in order to have someone defend you and your deviant posts.

I don't think pills will help you. A lobotomy is the only answer for you.
Mike

Zephyrhills, FL

#53304 Mar 6, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
A similar case happened in Florida recently where a black man shot a white man and claimed self defense under the same law and was immediately arrested and taken away in handcuffs.
And found not guilty. Look it up

Location hidden

#53305 Mar 6, 2013
run cowards wrote:
It is quite amusing how martin supporters can turn a blind eye to facts. I mean talk about a bombshell with the breaking news of chief witness 8 lying under oath. Not one single response or even a thought on what the racist martin supporters think. Why? i assume because they are in denial,and possibly the early stages of coming to reality that zimmerman WILL be acquitted.
If there is more evidence other than pure speculation can someone provide it so i can see what all the crying is about. As of now it sounds like a vigilant family man decided to protect his community. While in the course of doing so he was brutally attacked by a ruthless teenage punk.
Why would a girl lying about why she didn't attend a funeral have anything to do with Zimmerthugman murdering Trayvon?

Judge Nelson, the THIRD judge in this case thinks this is moot. Funny thing, I agree with the judge.

Location hidden

#53306 Mar 6, 2013
d-pants wrote:
I'm. Not following it very closely, but unless the witness changed their story to seeing martin drag zimmerman from his truck to a back yard, it still doesn't matter, its evident zimmerman followed him.
You have it right, 100 percent. That is the state's position. The state will prove that very fact in court and a jury will agree.

He should have stayed in his vehicle.
attention

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53307 Mar 6, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it right, 100 percent. That is the state's position. The state will prove that very fact in court and a jury will agree.
He should have stayed in his vehicle.
So what. George exited his vehicle to find an address. Even if George was attempting to keep a close watch on where the suspicious person was heading,he was still within his legal rights as an american citizen.
You just don't like the fact that martin was referred to as a suspicious person. I can assure you if the recent burglary suspects matched the description of a white boy in cargo shorts and a pair of flip flops George would have done the same thing. Nothing George did that night was racially motivated.
Truth

Rome, GA

#53308 Mar 6, 2013
Looks like the so called witness for the prosecution got caught lying. Just another piece that will free Zimmerman as if there weren't already enough reasons.
attention

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53309 Mar 6, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a girl lying about why she didn't attend a funeral have anything to do with Zimmerthugman murdering Trayvon?
Judge Nelson, the THIRD judge in this case thinks this is moot. Funny thing, I agree with the judge.
It has everything to do with credibility ,, because all we have is her word. Its kind of similar to a jailhouse snitch dropping a dime on an inmate. Lies are lies and when a mans freedom is on the line,, the state better come up with some rock solid evidence and not the word of a woman " chief witness 8" who lied under oath

Location hidden

#53310 Mar 6, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
And found not guilty. Look it up
You liar. He was convicted of manslaughter, as well he should have been. No wonder you didn't provide names or a link, they would have exposed you as the liar you are.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/trevor-...

This guy was a loose cannon, just like Zimmerthugman. He will also suffer the same fate.

Location hidden

#53311 Mar 6, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess if you look through the criminals eyes, you can always come up with an unfair socio pathic view, but that is irrelevant to civil society
You pretend to not know she is looking through unbiased eyes.

Probably offensive to suggest she is looking at it through Zimmerthugman's eyes. JMO.

Killing unarmed children is anathema to civil society.

Location hidden

#53314 Mar 6, 2013
attention wrote:
<quoted text> So what. George exited his vehicle to find an address. Even if George was attempting to keep a close watch on where the suspicious person was heading,he was still within his legal rights as an american citizen.
You just don't like the fact that martin was referred to as a suspicious person. I can assure you if the recent burglary suspects matched the description of a white boy in cargo shorts and a pair of flip flops George would have done the same thing. Nothing George did that night was racially motivated.
It well may be that it was not racially motivated. But, it was rage motivated. He had his Napoleon complex, or as the police said "small man complex".

Trayvon may have seemed suspicious. All the more reason for Zimmerthugman to have obeyed LE and followed the rules to not follow and not confront.

BYW, American should ALWAYS be capitalized. Always.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dexter Johnson faces possible execution (Jun '07) 3 hr Amestris 653
News Escaped Missouri murder suspect remains missing (Jul '14) 6 hr Drake_Burrwood 3
News Black Lives Matter* 6 hr Son of Man 1,139
News Police seek 3 white suspects after 5 people sho... 17 hr Ban Muslims NOT guns 86
News David Ison Charged In Indiana Murders (Oct '11) Sat Ed M 22 24
News Married couple have joint court hearing for mur... (Jun '06) Sat Miss myrisha 8
News Man found guilty of murder (Oct '08) Sat Juror 27
More from around the web