Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66327 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#51275 Feb 5, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again..........He matched the description of the others not arrested in recent burglaries.....
Yes he followed him..........No law against that..........LOL
Yes he confronted him..........No law against that........LOL
Yes he shot him........No law against that as the punk broke his nose (doctor agree) and then was on top of Zim beating him (grass stains, witness, point blank gunshot wound) all show.......
Zim walks and the animals burn down their hood and beat their HO's
".......He matched the description of the others not arrested in recent burglaries....."

Liar, liar, liar. He didn't match any description except for his skin color and you claim that's not why Zimmerthugman murdered him.

Location hidden

#51276 Feb 5, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did you murder or not murder?
He's bragged about murdering two black men. Very gleefully.
Provocateur

Denver, CO

#51280 Feb 5, 2013
George Zimmerman Thought he had Established his Alibi via 911.
Zimmerman:

Weve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and theres a real suspicious guy. Its Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle.

This guy looks like hes up to no good or hes on drugs or something. Its raining and hes just walking around looking about.[00:25]

When he Profiled,
Zimmerman:

Yeah, now hes coming toward me. Hes got his hands in his waist band.

And hes a black male.[1:03]

Stalked,
911 dispatcher:

Weve got him on the wire. Just let me know if this guy does anything else.

Zimmerman:

OK.

These assholes. They always get away.

Chased,
Zimmerman: Hes running.[2:08]
[It sounds like Zimmerman says under his breath,F-ing coons at 2:22]
911 dispatcher:

Are you following him?[2:24]

Zimmerman:

Yeah.[2:25]

911 dispatcher:

OK.

We dont need you to do that.[2:26]

Zimmerman:

OK.[2:28]

Confronted and Killed the Unarmed Teenager.

Zimmerman:

Could you have them call me and Ill tell them where Im at?[3:49]

If anyone was Standing Their Ground it was Trayvon Martin.

There is no reason in the world to carry a gun for Neighborhood Watch," said Chris Tutko, a retired police chief who now directs Neighborhood Watch for the sheriffs' association. "It gets people more into trouble than out of it."
A manual published by the association for its "USAonWatch" program makes that very clear.
"It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers and they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles," the manual states. "Members should never confront suspicious persons who could be armed and dangerous."
Zimmerman is reportedly the self-appointed leader for the group at his complex of town homes.
Ascendo Tuum

Palo Alto, CA

#51281 Feb 5, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am sitting in a hammock.........
No... you're sitting in the back seat of a short school bus.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#51282 Feb 5, 2013
OneRyder wrote:
I pray this family is blessed with all the strength needed to deal with the loss of their child in such a hateful and painful manners.
I wonder if the dad tracked down Zimmerman, and shot him dead, could the dad get away with claiming "self defense"?
Trayvon Martin would have been 18 today.

Location hidden

#51284 Feb 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
He's bragged about murdering two black men. Very gleefully.
He is full of shit. He's another Zimmie Thug Wannabe. If he had been involved in U.S. Courts, he would know about Grand Juries, True Bills, Bills of Information and the difference between evidence to charge or evidence o convict.
He would know that in State of Florida, witnesses are Deposed so their testimony is locked in before trial so Counsel can plan their cases.
If he in fact killed two men he should stay in MX, because street justice is a little different than Criminal Justice. Better yet, come on back. ;-)
Ascendo Tuum

Palo Alto, CA

#51286 Feb 5, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I was charged with murder and the jury ruled their was ZERO evidence......
Was OJ charged with murder???......What did the jury say???
oh... so you and GI Jane are of the same ilk..... that fcuking explains alot, doesn't it? Zero evidence?? They charged you with ZERO evidence!! ROTFALMFAO! Give me a link to the published accounts and let ME decided.

Was OJ tried with ZERO evidence?? What a joke you are!... there was plenty of evidence... except that the prosecuting attorney and the LA police departement were plenty incompetent. And THAT'S what the jury said.
Ascendo Tuum

Palo Alto, CA

#51287 Feb 5, 2013
Provocateur wrote:
Zimmerman:
Weve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and theres a real suspicious guy. Its Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle.
This guy looks like hes up to no good or hes on drugs or something. Its raining and hes just walking around looking about.[00:25]
When he Profiled,
Zimmerman:
Stalked,
911 dispatcher:
Zimmerman:
OK.
Chased,
911 dispatcher:
Zimmerman:
911 dispatcher:
OK.
Zimmerman:
Zimmerman:
There is no reason in the world to carry a gun for Neighborhood Watch," said Chris Tutko, a retired police chief who now directs Neighborhood Watch for the sheriffs' association. "It gets people more into trouble than out of it."
A manual published by the association for its "USAonWatch" program makes that very clear.
"It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers and they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles," the manual states. "Members should never confront suspicious persons who could be armed and dangerous."
Zimmerman is reportedly the self-appointed leader for the group at his complex of town homes.
The funny thing is, Here is None seems to think that the "stand your ground law" only applies to wannabee GI Janes
Ascendo Tuum

Palo Alto, CA

#51289 Feb 5, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did you murder or not murder?
Let's not buy into that sh!t. The closest thing he came to "murder" were two flies on the wall of his trailer..... he's nothing more than a junior keyboard kommander.... sitting in front of his kommador64, he can be anything he wants. It just confuses me as to why he would want to be a moron. Maybe that's a step up from what he actually is.
fact checker

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#51292 Feb 5, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar? Most burglaries ARE committed by teenagers. When one is confronted by someone who has the appearance of law enforcement and runs away that is seen as guilt. Color really doesn't have much to do with that.
You seem to think it does. Is that because 70% of crime is caused by 25% of the population that is black?
Or that blacks have turned the hooded sweatshirt into the image for the rappin gangster thuglife? You seem to think that isn't true.
Of course law abiding folk are going to see you as suspicious it's the image you project for yourself, or are you to dumb to see and understand that.
Nobody's buying your poor innocent child because 70% of the population know better, it just seems the ignorant 20% that believe it.
excellent post. right on the money. you nailed it. i dont think she is dumb. my opinion is that zazz has a mindset that will always find an excuse to blame white folks specifically conservatives for a problem within the black community. it does seem like no matter what evidence is brought forward she will continue to dismiss it with a bias nonfactual response. she can not stop her brain from thinking that blacks are mistreated by society and the justice system. yes in a sense rather than thinking she is dumb i would say she is brainwashed and incapable of ever giving credence to studies about the criminal element in the black community.

statistics mean absolutely nothing to her. if the truth sheds light on blacks in a negative way the first reaction is always to blame someone else rather than accepting responsibility. it is a thought process i can never relate to because i hold individuals accountable for their actions regardless of skin color.

zazz don't blame law abiding citizens for being vigilant and taking appropriate action to report someone suspicious. when you see a person who resembles the description of previous burglary suspects and someone who has the image of a thug rapper my mind will instantly think criminal. especially in a neighborhood that has been violated ongoing crimes.

that might sound bias as if i am profiling but its called being a concerned citizen.. i will be dammed if i am going to let my family be put at risk of a violent crime because i wanted to be politically correct.

Location hidden

#51293 Feb 5, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not buy into that sh!t. The closest thing he came to "murder" were two flies on the wall of his trailer..... he's nothing more than a junior keyboard kommander.... sitting in front of his kommador64, he can be anything he wants. It just confuses me as to why he would want to be a moron. Maybe that's a step up from what he actually is.
Future WingNut for sure.
fact checker

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#51296 Feb 5, 2013
as far as the case , the evidence is leaning toward an aquittal for zimmerman. mainly based on the pictures of the beating and the 911 call where you can hear him screaming for help... the only solid lead i believe the state might have is witness number 8. that can still be a challenge for the defense because how are they going to explain that what DEE heard was false. the timeline is going to tell the story of what really happened and every footstep from the moment zimmerman got out of his truck will have to be accounted for. the call records are vital . so are the eye witness accounts.

Location hidden

#51297 Feb 5, 2013
Provocateur wrote:
Zimmerman:
When he Profiled,
Zimmerman:
Stalked,
911 dispatcher:
Zimmerman:
OK.
Chased,
911 dispatcher:
Zimmerman:
911 dispatcher:
OK.
Zimmerman:
Zimmerman:
I've been saying this all along.

He made sure he wasn't on phone and that the dispatcher knew he had stopped following Trayvon. Then he chased him down and murdered him.

I think it was premeditated murder and should have been charged as such.

Location hidden

#51301 Feb 5, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar? Most burglaries ARE committed by teenagers. When one is confronted by someone who has the appearance of law enforcement and runs away that is seen as guilt. Color really doesn't have much to do with that.
You seem to think it does. Is that because 70% of crime is caused by 25% of the population that is black?
Or that blacks have turned the hooded sweatshirt into the image for the rappin gangster thuglife? You seem to think that isn't true.
Of course law abiding folk are going to see you as suspicious it's the image you project for yourself, or are you to dumb to see and understand that.
Nobody's buying your poor innocent child because 70% of the population know better, it just seems the ignorant 20% that believe it.
I have never said Trayvon was innocent. He had his share of problems. Not as extensive as Zimmerman's though. However he was not engaged in any illegal activity the night he was murdered.

Whatever Trayvon may or may have not done it was not Zimmerman's place to execute him. Zimmerman knew nothing about Trayvon's problems at school or about him being suspended.

Zimmerman is a self described gansta and according to him hated Mexicans.

We all know about Zimmerman's arrests and plea downs. He even bragged about his buddies doing a year and not ratting him out, so he wasn't always charged with the crimes he committed.

I don't believe your claim that most burglaries are committed by teens.

Location hidden

#51302 Feb 5, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar? Most burglaries ARE committed by teenagers.

I was calling the liar a liar because he falsely claimed that Trayvon matched the description of someone from prior burglaries. It is a lie.
Ascendo Tuum

Palo Alto, CA

#51303 Feb 5, 2013
discordian wrote:
Likely it'll be over in April, that douchebag DA has nothing and Traygone was a violent criminal attacking a citizen.
or... GI Jane will be buying himself a set of progressively larger buttplugs so he can settle in to prison life comfortably.

Location hidden

#51304 Feb 5, 2013
fact checker wrote:
<quoted text> excellent post. right on the money. you nailed it. i dont think she is dumb. my opinion is that zazz has a mindset that will always find an excuse to blame white folks specifically conservatives for a problem within the black community. it does seem like no matter what evidence is brought forward she will continue to dismiss it with a bias nonfactual response. she can not stop her brain from thinking that blacks are mistreated by society and the justice system. yes in a sense rather than thinking she is dumb i would say she is brainwashed and incapable of ever giving credence to studies about the criminal element in the black community.
statistics mean absolutely nothing to her. if the truth sheds light on blacks in a negative way the first reaction is always to blame someone else rather than accepting responsibility. it is a thought process i can never relate to because i hold individuals accountable for their actions regardless of skin color.
zazz don't blame law abiding citizens for being vigilant and taking appropriate action to report someone suspicious. when you see a person who resembles the description of previous burglary suspects and someone who has the image of a thug rapper my mind will instantly think criminal. especially in a neighborhood that has been violated ongoing crimes.
that might sound bias as if i am profiling but its called being a concerned citizen.. i will be dammed if i am going to let my family be put at risk of a violent crime because i wanted to be politically correct.
I sure your vulgarity here last night will do much to protect your neighborhood.

You are not a concerned citizen. You are a racist hater who has to post far away from home to try to stir up racial shit.

I hope you saw my replies to your vulgar posts last night you chicken shit racist.

Location hidden

#51305 Feb 5, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
or... GI Jane will be buying himself a set of progressively larger buttplugs so he can settle in to prison life comfortably.
ROFLMAO.

Wonder if he will cry like a baby girl every night in prison like he did in jail.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#51306 Feb 5, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again..........LOL
I said Zim was a burglary suspect.......I also said he was a 215 suspect code purple......
I never said a 215 was code for burglary.........I did say theft.....
Actually, that's not what you said at the beginning son. Nor did you clarify if for dozens of posts.

But since you're a proven liar, it really doesn't matter how many times you lied now does it son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#51307 Feb 5, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep asking you on what grounds do you say Zim is guilty and you are so stupid that all you can say is a body..........ROTFLMAO
Actually, no, you don't "keep asking." But I keep saying justice should run its course but you're too stupid, dumb and blind to read son.

So you inject your opinions instead and assign them just so you can make your case and try not to look like an idiot.

Sorry to say you fail on both. But I'm sure you're proud of those achievements.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shirley man seeks appeal of his 2010 murder con... 1 hr Say what 3
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 8 hr Rosa_Winkel 134
News Baltimore gets bloodier as arrests drop post-Fr... 11 hr Glenn 2
News Streets calm after 71 arrested in Cleveland pro... 19 hr xplode 29
News Police ID shooting victims (Jan '10) 21 hr ann 2
News No animal cruelty charges after dog bite incident 22 hr Go Blue Forever 1
News Bridgeport man sentenced in connection with dri... Thu American Gentlema... 1
More from around the web