Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66323 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#51133 Feb 4, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
The hearing may not even happen..........LOL
Fo sure Zim will not testify.......
So, you think Zimmerthugman will chicken out like he did last time?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#51134 Feb 4, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
Fine. Then Zimmerman is an eyewitness
We also know for a fact that the pedophile thug is a liar.

Do you want to pretend Zimmerman isn't a liar?

Like you: he is a m/f c/s liar.

Of course, he lied to the court.

Do you think that this liar is going to take the stand?

PS: The court date of his ugly fat wife for lying... tick tock.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#51135 Feb 4, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be fair XX, if Zimmie takes the stand, but he won't. If he does; then his past, his arrests, his cousin, can all come in if he testifies and Defense Opens the door. He is fair game at that point.
How is this supposed rape of his cousin connected with a shooting? The court would throw it out in a minute. Same goes with his ex.

His arrest (not plural) was for pushing (not hitting or attacking) a police officer. That's it. it was pled down which resulted with the courts satisfaction that he attend a substance treatment program which he completed successfully.

Now if the prosecution is stupid enough to bring up these unsubstantiated claims, I anxiously await. I would love to see the case thrown out of court and closed for good.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#51136 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
It would be fair XX, if Zimmie takes the stand, but he won't. If he does; then his past, his arrests, his cousin, can all come in if he testifies and Defense Opens the door. He is fair game at that point.
The pedophile zimmerman LIED TO THE VERY COURT he's being tried in.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

Let him take the stand!

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#51138 Feb 4, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>So, you think Zimmerthugman will chicken out like he did last time?
I have said tho time after time.....

In a high profile case like this the defendant will never take the stand.....

A. If found guilty he would get the max.....

1. Innocent or guilty there is a certain risk of testifying

2. There is enough evidence ( in what has been shown here and have read ) that shows tray instigated the violence and that is grounds for self defense

3. The state is not going to be able to prove beyond a shadow of doubt ( unless a hidden video pops up ) that Zim was not attacked by tray.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#51139 Feb 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pedophile zimmerman LIED TO THE VERY COURT he's being tried in.
HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!
Let him take the stand!
You know the Prosecution can't wait for that to happen, but his attorney won't put him on, because just through Direct they can open doors they really don't want opened.
The second he gets on the stand and tells the Court/Jury of his excellent character and how he has never been a racist, never been violent, the door is open and Prosecution will pounce as they should. That's how it works.

Location hidden

#51140 Feb 4, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
2. There is enough evidence ( in what has been shown here and have read ) that shows tray instigated the violence and that is grounds for self defense
3. The state is not going to be able to prove beyond a shadow of doubt ( unless a hidden video pops up ) that Zim was not attacked by tray.
Pssst... It is not 'A shadow Of A Doubt', it is Beyond A Reasonable Doubt. There is a diference.
I hope he is arrogant enough that he insists on taking the stand. The right of the Defendent to testify, superceded any and all other rights. Bring it.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#51141 Feb 4, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
On this thread he doesn't admit any of his lies, mistakes or lapses in mental activity. He is a boring buffoon.
He doesn't grasp the posts he response to. That's why he is on a mental disability living the good life on very little money in Mexico.
Talk about Trolls, his picture is in the dictionary under that word.
He's one of the most rabid and deranged anything I've seen on topix.

He's an out and out liar with no scruples, honesty or intelligence.

He's already admitted to killing people and takes glee in getting away with it.

And he considers himself one of the "sane" right wingers.

amazing...

“Facts”

Mexico

#51142 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>Pssst... It is not 'A shadow Of A Doubt', it is Beyond A Reasonable Doubt. There is a diference.
I hope he is arrogant enough that he insists on taking the stand. The right of the Defendent to testify, superceded any and all other rights. Bring it.
Correct

His attorney would quit if he did......

The defense has almost as much to lose.......

Location hidden

#51143 Feb 4, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How is this supposed rape of his cousin connected with a shooting? The court would throw it out in a minute. Same goes with his ex.
His arrest (not plural) was for pushing (not hitting or attacking) a police officer. That's it. it was pled down which resulted with the courts satisfaction that he attend a substance treatment program which he completed successfully.
Now if the prosecution is stupid enough to bring up these unsubstantiated claims, I anxiously await. I would love to see the case thrown out of court and closed for good.
It is not necessarily connected Ray, but it is up to the Court if any of that comes in. "Evidence of past behavior, pattern of violence, racism, pattern of disregard for the law, etc."
If the Court/Judge deems the information more Prejudicial than Probative/Beneficial, then He/She won't allow it into Evidence.
But if Zimmie takes the stand and starts telling the Jury what a great guy he is, never been in trouble, cept when it wasn't his fault, blah, blah, blah, then Defense has opened the door to that information and State has the right to Cross Examine Defendant on those issues. They need only ask him the questions, whether Zimmie denies or not, the Jury has heard and you can't unring a bell as they say. If he denies the cousin thing, they will put her on the stand in Rebuttal, if he denies he committed a Felony, they will put Cops and Court Records and Zimmie will look like what?

“Facts”

Mexico

#51144 Feb 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>He's one of the most rabid and deranged anything I've seen on topix.

amazing...
When and where????

Location hidden

#51147 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Pssst... It is not 'A shadow Of A Doubt', it is Beyond A Reasonable Doubt. There is a diference.
You can't tell him anything or explain anything to him. He is mentally challenged.

He doesn't understand what a SYG hearing is, it's way beyond his mental capacity.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#51148 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Should be interesting if he does!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#51149 Feb 4, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
You've said many things son. And most of them were lies.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#51150 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
lol! Shhhh!! He's still trying to figure out how to finagle his way out about lying what a 215 suspect is.

Location hidden

#51151 Feb 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>He's one of the most rabid and deranged anything I've seen on topix.
amazing...
Yes, yes, yes. He is mentally deranged.

You are so much more intelligent than he is, it drives him even more insane. He can't stand it. I love it!!!

The worst thing is, he has no life except for Topix which means he is always on, which ruins it for a lot of people.

Location hidden

#51152 Feb 4, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>So, you think Zimmerthugman will chicken out like he did last time?
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor sap.

So, you think Zimmerthugman will chicken out like he did last time?

Location hidden

#51155 Feb 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Should be interesting if he does!
I know I am looking forward to it. He would crap his pants when he finds out all these people from his past are comin' to court to rat him out. Poor Zimmie, can't have a gun in court either. ;-)

Location hidden

#51157 Feb 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, suspended from school.
Pedophile thug zimmerman = arrest record, fired for violent temper, drug problem, liked to hit women.
Oh, let's not forget: big liar.
The rapist blames the victim.
Yes, perhaps we should just shoot all kids who are suspended from school. Well, at least the black ones.

How many white kids receive detentions for the things Trayvon was suspended for?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#51159 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
I know I am looking forward to it. He would crap his pants when he finds out all these people from his past are comin' to court to rat him out. Poor Zimmie, can't have a gun in court either. ;-)
lol! I'm sure he'll argue he's with the courthouse neighborhood watch program.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charleston church shooting coverage criticized ... 3 hr goonsquad 437
News Mental evaluation ordered for suspect in Weakle... (Feb '13) 4 hr sammy 9
News Riverside Murder Suspect Turns Himself In (Dec '07) 5 hr MIRA LOMA RIVA 12
News Teen recounts horror of sex slavery (Oct '08) 6 hr Yikes 25
News Marion police say probation, drug court too len... 10 hr jobo 1
News Confederate Controversy: Should schools and str... 13 hr Concerned 2
News Teen to be tried as an adult for fatal hotel sh... (Jun '08) 21 hr jan johnson 2
More from around the web