Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#50348 Jan 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because he doesn't have the intelligence to take it twice like other two-term Presidents.
How does Judge Robert's stumbling over words resulting in Obama having to take the oath a second time have to do with Obama's intelligence?

What does the lawfully required day for taking the oath and the public ceremony have to do with Obama's intelligence?

You claimed not to be a racist and prove yourself a liar with every post.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#50349 Jan 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because he doesn't have the intelligence to take it twice like other two-term Presidents.
Are you of such low intelligence to think Obama is the first president to take the oath twice, in a private then public ceremony?

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#50352 Jan 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you've gone and done it. You have confused them with facts. They won't take kindly to you for that and will call you vile, mean names, commensurate with their intelligence. Or lack thereof.
You will be attacked for days.
I don't know your color but they will assume you are black and say unkind, evil things about that.
The truth to them is akin to sunlight for vampires.
I just can't stop myself from trying. If only they would look at this with an open mind, they could see the truth so much more clearly.
I am white, by the way. And proud of it.(Much injustice has been done by whites for many years, but I'm not one of them, so I have nothing to be ashamed of.) I have a multi and biracial family, so I have a dog in this fight, so to speak. I don't want my 16 yr old or 8 yr old sons to be targets simply because they look suspicious for being black and biracial.

United States

#50353 Jan 29, 2013
3 weeks before killing Martin, Zimmerman called about a man looking in the windows of his friend's house. By the time police got there, the 'suspicious' person was gone.
A few days later, police arrested a guy (with others) for dealing in stolen property. Zimmerman said that was the same guy he had seen looking in the windows.
Now being a concerned citizen, looking out for your neighbors, being a neighborhood watch captain, and trying to keep your neighborhood safe and crime free, how would that make you feel? Frustrated? Angry? Useless? You did all you were supposed to do, but the cops didn't keep their end of the bargain, and the would be thief got away, to steal another day. Which is exactly what he did.

United States

#50354 Jan 29, 2013
Now Zimmerman's friend has puplicly stated (falsely) all the break-ins in the neighborhood were done by young black males. It's not a longshot to think Zimmerman thought the same.
Now fast forward to the night Zimmerman saw Martin walking.
Being alert, and concerned, he called in a suspicious person.(The same as he did 3 weeks earlier.) while giving information to dispatch, Martin starts to run. Zimmerman doesn't want him to get away (like they always do) so he follows him.
Considering his frustration with the cops not being able to do their jobs, does it make any sense that he would just look for a house number and go quietly back to his truck? After calling the 'suspicious person a f'ing punk, and saying these a**holes always get away, does that make any sense at all?

United States

#50355 Jan 29, 2013
What does make sense, is that Zimmerman, being frustrated by the cops lack of ability to catch these guys, followed Martin. As Zimmerman told dispatch they usually get away by running out the back gate, Martin was also running away (from someone following him) in the direction of the back gate (also toward his dad's gf's house).
Knowing the suspicious person would likely be home free if he made it to the back gate, Zimmerman decided to detain him until police arrived.
Why are you following me/do you have a problem? What are you doing around here/no I don't have a problem? However the Q&A went, I believe Zimmerman grabbed Martin, in an attempt to keep him there.
When Zimmerman says he reached for his cell phone to call police,(who were already on their way and were supposed to call him,) I believe he reached for his gun.
With no identification on Zimmerman's part, I believe Martin thought this stranger that just followed and stopped him was going to shoot him no matter what. Since nobody can outrun a bullet, not even this athletic football player, he did the only thing he could. Blind him with a punch to the nose, get on top of him so he can't get to his gun (if he didn't already have it out), and scream for help.
My Clean PC

Glenview, IL

#50356 Jan 29, 2013
The Great Chicken Wing Heist!

"$65,000 worth of chicken wings were stolen from a cold storage facility in Lawrenceville Georgia."

"Dewayne Patterson, 35 and Renaldo Jackson, 26 were arrested and each were charged with one count of felony theft."

"They were apparently expecting to cash in on the tasty tidbits amid rumors of wing shortages on Super Bowl Sunday."

The wings have yet to be recovered.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/ht_chicken_wi...

United States

#50357 Jan 29, 2013
As for why didn't Martin just go on to the dad's gf's house? In spite of his size, he had just turned 17. He was still a child, becoming a man. At that age, boys still get scared, but that macho crap steps in and they think they're invincible.(Which is why auto insurance is crazy until age 25.)
He was scared, but he wouldn't run, he'd walk fast. That didn't work to get rid of the guy following him, so he did run. After running to the other side of the houses, since Zimmerman says he lost sight of him, it also makes sense that Martin lost sight of Zimmerman. As he had done nothing wrong, for someone to be harrassing him, he likely figured, the guy following him, gave up. So there was no need to keep running. He was talking to his gf, and likely wanted to finish the call before he arrived back at the house with a noisy kid and basketball game.
My Clean PC

Glenview, IL

#50358 Jan 29, 2013
North Koreans eating their young!

"Macabre stories of cannibalism are beginning to emerge from North Korea as widespread starvation continues to hold the Hermit Nation in a bizarre grip of death."

"One man allegedly killed his daughter then killed his son when he witnessed what the father had done to his sister. When the mans wife returned home he offered her some of the food and said, "We have meat!"

"One man allegedly dug up his dead grandchild and chowed down before being arrested."

Kim Jung Un's looking mighty plump there these days. It must be the stew!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#50359 Jan 29, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
HA!
That's a good one. What did they do, tape her mouth?
Where are the news reports or sources that verifies what you say?
Give reputable sources. That would exclude Faux-News, Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly and all the other usual suspects.
You disqualify all of the reputable news sources, ones that don't hang on, and drool over, every word from the Messiah, Barack Hussein Obama....Have you heard any words that have come from her? Moochelle's bestest friend?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#50360 Jan 29, 2013
do unto others wrote:
3 weeks before killing Martin, Zimmerman called about a man looking in the windows of his friend's house. By the time police got there, the 'suspicious' person was gone.
A few days later, police arrested a guy (with others) for dealing in stolen property. Zimmerman said that was the same guy he had seen looking in the windows.
Now being a concerned citizen, looking out for your neighbors, being a neighborhood watch captain, and trying to keep your neighborhood safe and crime free, how would that make you feel? Frustrated? Angry? Useless? You did all you were supposed to do, but the cops didn't keep their end of the bargain, and the would be thief got away, to steal another day. Which is exactly what he did.
Zimmerman was a self appointed watch captain bordering on vigilantism.

One thing he shouldn't have done was escalate the situation. And he did that on his own.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#50361 Jan 29, 2013
<quoted text>
There is the dead body of an innocent child that Thug Zimmerman is responsible for.
That's enough to support a charge of murder.
Yes charges..........

But once the jury sees Zims face, the grass stain evidence and the 911 tapes case dismissed......

There is now law against shooting someone that is beating you..........

Normal people understand that if you hit someone they can shoot you.......
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#50362 Jan 29, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes charges..........
But once the jury sees Zims face, the grass stain evidence and the 911 tapes case dismissed......
lol! But you're still a proven liar, my little eunuch!

“Facts”

Location hidden

#50363 Jan 29, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! But you're still a proven liar, my little eunuch!
When and where??????????

“Facts”

Location hidden

#50364 Jan 29, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman was a self appointed watch captain bordering on vigilantism.
One thing he shouldn't have done was escalate the situation. And he did that on his own.
No law against escalating a situation with a 215 suspect.........
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#50365 Jan 29, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
When and where??????????
lol! Still a proven liar my little eunuch!

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#50366 Jan 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>Are you of such low intelligence to think Obama is the first president to take the oath twice, in a private then public ceremony?
Yes he is.

He proved it.

Truth's Door

#50367 Jan 29, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You disqualify all of the reputable news sources, ones that don't hang on, and drool over, every word from the Messiah, Barack Hussein Obama....Have you heard any words that have come from her? Moochelle's bestest friend?
You choose not to give any sources as to your claims.

Your silence on that speaks volumes.

Truth's Door

#50368 Jan 29, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>Yes charges..........

There is a law against murder.

To bad, for you, that there's no law against stupidity.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#50369 Jan 29, 2013
<quoted text>
You choose not to give any sources as to your claims.
Your silence on that speaks volumes.
Don't need to, I don't trust the MSM, you don't trust Fox, we're at an impasse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yulee man shot in car by another motorist 17 min Tracy 17
News Sikeston teen ordered held for trial after pran... 34 min pranks 3
News Albuquerque Police Union insulted over settleme... 7 hr Eee gads 5
News Crowd of 90 protesters hold a Black Lives Matte... 7 hr Hillary 8
News The Ferguson effect 8 hr trump for president 2
News Sanders' defense: Erie jurors tainted 18 hr Just Saying 11
News Current Racial Tensions Bring to Light a Black ... 21 hr see 2
More from around the web