Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,349

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#50047 Jan 26, 2013
zazz wrote:
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
We've already been through his past, most of it nothing more than unproven allegations or lies.
If assault and battery is not considered a crime by the prosecution, then what does that tell you about the prosecutor? It's obviously somebody that knows little about the law.
"unproven allegations or lies"? Who doctored the court records?
<quoted text>
Your post has nothing to do with what I was posting.
Zimmerthugman bragged about being a gansta. It's captured on his Facebook.
Zimmerthugman had no way of knowing about anything to do with Trayvon's past.
wow really.. zimmerman had no idea about trayvons past, no crap! it is clear that trayvon was not this innocent little child that you say he is "was" and the way he was portrayed immediately after the killing by the media. a thug is what trayvon was amounting to. trayvon was a weed smoking thug.
Mike

Zephyrhills, FL

#50048 Jan 26, 2013
Where's all the outrage over the black on black crime that happens everyday in the inner cities across this nation.

I would also like to know where all the outrage is from the minority community over the now important gun ban attempts proposed by Obama and the rest of the knee jerk nitwit politicians.

I guess the killing of black teens by those of their own race means nothing until a few rich suburban kids get killed.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#50049 Jan 26, 2013
reasons wrote:
<quoted text> everything you deliver on this forum is totally unproven allegations AND lies. you have no physical evidence to support your theory of what happened.
hec you cant even explain what the strongest point of the states case is.
oh yeah try to remember with your personal feelings put aside what FACTS and TRUTH is
we all know trayvon was 17, black, unarmed, with skittles and ice tea''
your lame argument does not prove a thing. surely not enough to send a man to florida state prison
We all know 3Vons wasn't a lil boy... now was he? At 6'2" and 175# he was no little boy. The way he confronted Zimmerman was as a smart ass 17 yr.old. who didn't think the person he confronted would put up a fight. He learned his lesson the hard way, He's dead..
reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#50050 Jan 26, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it. The jury will not see Wiki, they will see the autopsy straight from the coroner.
good work einstein, anymore helpful evidence you would like to present.
Mike

Zephyrhills, FL

#50051 Jan 26, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>We all know 3Vons wasn't a lil boy... now was he? At 6'2" and 175# he was no little boy. The way he confronted Zimmerman was as a smart ass 17 yr.old. who didn't think the person he confronted would put up a fight. He learned his lesson the hard way, He's dead..
This thug Trayvon thought he could be the tough gangsta type by beating Zimmerman. Luckily Zimmerman properly defended himself and blasted this Mutt.

If Trayvon was successful and beat Zimmerman to death. This would not have been an issue just another crime committed by the usual suspects.

Luckily it turned out right!

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#50052 Jan 26, 2013
reasons wrote:
<quoted text> by the way. you claimed to be a white blonde woman. i would consider locking all your doors when the not guilty verdict is read because the blacks are not going to care if you supported martin. they will look at your white skin and assume just the way you assume certain things about this case and with no restraint deliver some public justice.
why dont you start playing for the right team the white team, the team of morals and human respect for each another
Unlike you I don't choose sides based on color. I choose based on right and wrong. Good and evil.

Location hidden

#50053 Jan 26, 2013
reasons wrote:
<quoted text> again you have no evidence to prove that zimmerman chased trayvon down.. pure speculation , and that does not hold up in a court of law.
so if you were my neighbor and you saw a suspicious person who you didn't recognize you would just drive away. sounds like you are a big coward. only a coward would turn a blind eye.. you have no morals,, just a big mouth spewing crap everyday.
I would not turn a blind eye. I would call 911 and let LE do their job, which is what Zimmerthugman should have done. That is what NW rules mandate. That is what NW members are told at every meeting to do by an officer of the law.

You continue to tell me what I think, what my motives are etc. You are a fool and a moron. You are a racist hater with no sense of justice.

Zimmerthugman was in the safety of his vehicle. He could have sat in it or driven off. Trayvon wasn't following him, he exited his vehicle in order to chase Trayvon down and murder him.

Location hidden

#50054 Jan 26, 2013
reasons wrote:
<quoted text> good work einstein, anymore helpful evidence you would like to present.
You poor stupid fool, that was not evidence.
reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#50055 Jan 26, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you I don't choose sides based on color. I choose based on right and wrong. Good and evil.
yeah right . you dont address any questions about this case. you stand for everything that is wrong with this country. never wanting to go out of your politically correct comfort zone to face or even debate a ongoing problem head on.

where is your good and evil perspective on the black on black violence everyday or just being flat out honest about the black community making up 15% of the population and being responsible for 50% of crime.

where is your right and wrong perspective when a community is being threatened with a criminal element. i dont ever here you support zimmerman for having the courage to help protect his community.

when its all said and done what we learned about trayvon is more of a reason why im happy george was alert. trayvon could have been clocking houses, based on the burglary tool and womans jewelry found in his bag..
reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#50056 Jan 26, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not turn a blind eye. I would call 911 and let LE do their job, which is what Zimmerthugman should have done. That is what NW rules mandate. That is what NW members are told at every meeting to do by an officer of the law.
You continue to tell me what I think, what my motives are etc. You are a fool and a moron. You are a racist hater with no sense of justice.
Zimmerthugman was in the safety of his vehicle. He could have sat in it or driven off. Trayvon wasn't following him, he exited his vehicle in order to chase Trayvon down and murder him.
you have no proof that zimmerman chased down martin. plain and simple..

he did do the right thing by calling 911 and was doing even a better job by attempting to get a precise address for the police.

remember your the one who needs to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that zimmerman confronted martin.

Location hidden

#50057 Jan 26, 2013
reasons wrote:
<quoted text> wow really.. zimmerman had no idea about trayvons past, no crap! it is clear that trayvon was not this innocent little child that you say he is "was" and the way he was portrayed immediately after the killing by the media. a thug is what trayvon was amounting to. trayvon was a weed smoking thug.
I have never said he was innocent. I said that according to the investigators and the special prosecutor for the state of Florida he was not engaged in any illegal activity the night of his death.

There is no need for you to lie about what I say.

Have you looked up the statistics on the percentage of white children who have smoked pot at age 17?

I also said and say, he was an unarmed child at the time of his murder.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#50058 Jan 26, 2013
Mike wrote:
What's a Trayvon
Don't know what a 'Trayvon' might be, but a good guess might lie in a triumverate named Von??
reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#50059 Jan 26, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
i can guarantee you that when the not guilty verdict is read that majority of the ignorant black people will not care one bit about right and wrong or good and evil. well sure they will assume the white people are WRONG and the white people are EVIL.

like i said try to do your best to stay safe after the verdict is read. considering that you really are a white woman. i will pray for all the innocent people out there who will be alarmed by the constant news flashes of blacks tearing apart housing projects and looting stores ..
reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#50060 Jan 26, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never said he was innocent. I said that according to the investigators and the special prosecutor for the state of Florida he was not engaged in any illegal activity the night of his death.
There is no need for you to lie about what I say.
Have you looked up the statistics on the percentage of white children who have smoked pot at age 17?
I also said and say, he was an unarmed child at the time of his murder.
ok right.. so lets wait for martin to be engaged in the illegal activity. the whole point of a watchman is to be alert and prevent illegal activity from occurring.

why are you asking me about a specific race smoking pot. i thought you just said you dont care about race.

Location hidden

#50061 Jan 26, 2013
reasons wrote:
<quoted text> yeah right . you dont address any questions about this case. you stand for everything that is wrong with this country. never wanting to go out of your politically correct comfort zone to face or even debate a ongoing problem head on.
where is your good and evil perspective on the black on black violence everyday or just being flat out honest about the black community making up 15% of the population and being responsible for 50% of crime.
where is your right and wrong perspective when a community is being threatened with a criminal element. i dont ever here you support zimmerman for having the courage to help protect his community.
when its all said and done what we learned about trayvon is more of a reason why im happy george was alert. trayvon could have been clocking houses, based on the burglary tool and womans jewelry found in his bag..
I'm happy you have dropped the pretense of wanting to wait until the trial.

You don't know my opinions on your laundry list because this forum is concerned with the murder of an unarmed child. You know nothing about me and the lies you make up about me have no meaning, except to you.

You can continue to post your hate and spew nonsense since that seems to make you happy.

I think you are a chicken shit racist. All the crap you posted when you came on recently is just further proof that you are a hypocrite. And a moron. And an imbecile. And a fool. And a liar.

Location hidden

#50062 Jan 26, 2013
reasons wrote:
<quoted text> i can guarantee you that when the not guilty verdict is read that majority of the ignorant black people will not care one bit about right and wrong or good and evil. well sure they will assume the white people are WRONG and the white people are EVIL.
like i said try to do your best to stay safe after the verdict is read. considering that you really are a white woman. i will pray for all the innocent people out there who will be alarmed by the constant news flashes of blacks tearing apart housing projects and looting stores ..
I hope and pray if Zimmerthugman is found not guilty that there will be no riots or protests.

If there are, it won't affect me, I don't live anywhere near where things like that would occur so you have no reason to be concerned about my safety.
TrayvonMaggotFoo d

Newport News, VA

#50064 Jan 26, 2013
Z-man gonna walk. hehehehhehehhehehhe

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#50065 Jan 27, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
But you may die..........LOL
yeah. Getting murdered for defending oneself against an unidentified perp is real funny, douche!

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#50066 Jan 27, 2013
reasons wrote:
mark o'mara will tear this case to shreds. justice will prevail. just the way people dont want martin to be prejudged the same standard shall apply for zimmerman.
Zimmerman did prejudge Martin. That's why he didn't wait for the SPD to do their job. He had given his location, he had given where 'they' usually run (the back gate). He judged Martin as an a**hole that always got away, and a f'ing punk, hunted him down and killed him.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#50067 Jan 27, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it. The jury will not see Wiki, they will see the autopsy straight from the coroner.
Wiki's report was straight from the coroner. That's what all those numbers are next to their print.

Regardless, his height is irrelevant in this case. I can't see how one, two or three inches makes any difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Political figures clash after slaying of NYPD o... 16 min serfs up 20
Hundreds march to protest recent grad jury deci... 2 hr Praxis33 8
'They Deserved It': The Repulsive Reaction to B... 5 hr Nbam 17
Is a Fake Cop Murdering Miss. Motorists? (May '12) 8 hr ailegalcounsel 3
Garvin Guilty Of Triple Murder (Jan '11) 10 hr agree 23
Bill Kristol Expects Liberals To Have Same Mass... 15 hr Jeff Brightone 1
State police investigating officer-involved sho... 15 hr really 1
More from around the web