Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66323 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#50004 Jan 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Enhanced audio of George Zimmerman 911 call casts doubt about use of racial slur
Published April 06, 2012
Contrary to previous reports, George Zimmerman did not utter a racial slur during a 911 call he made while tailing Trayvon Martin in the moments before he shot and killed Martin, according to a new analysis of the recording.
That’s the latest take from one of the news organizations, CNN, that earlier had reported -- it seems, erroneously -- that Zimmerman had uttered the phrase “f---ing coon” in his 911 call.
“It doesn’t sound like a slur anymore,” CNN features reporter Gary Tuckman said to host Wolf Blitzer on Wednesday.“It sounds like – and we wanted to leave it up to the viewer – but it sounds like we’re hearing the swear word at first and the word ‘cold.’”
The CNN reversal came after the quality of the audio recording was improved and analyzed by a second independent expert, who determined Zimmerman had been talking about the unusually cold Florida weather the night of the shooting.
Blitzer had previously reported on the 911 recording with a different expert and indicated at the time that Zimmerman had used the racial epithet, bolstering the argument race was a factor in the shooting of the unarmed 17-year-old, who was black. Zimmerman has white and Hispanic ancestry.
In Wednesday’s report, Blitzer cut to the original segment, in which the word in question was isolated and played repeatedly.“That sounds even more like the word ['coon' or 'coons'] than using it with the F-word before that,” the anchor exclaimed during the original report.
Wednesday’s segment then shifted back to Blitzer, Tuckman and the new audio expert, Brian Stone, who all agreed what they had previously thought was a racial slur was actually the word “cold.”
“It seemed pretty clear then,” Blitzer said.
CNN aired a third report on Thursday claiming that Zimmerman told his attorneys that he said,“f---ing punks.”
The network then had a third forensic audio expert, Tom Owen, analyze the tape and he agreed that Zimmerman uttered “punks."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/06/enhanced...
thanks for the link

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#50005 Jan 26, 2013
HIO, putting aside the fact that you just changed the subject we were on-voice expert analysis...grass stains, and a beaten face do not prove Zimmerman acted in self defense.
John AKA witness #6, saw the two of them seconds before the fatal shot, and he did not see Martin beating Zimmerman. He did see Martin on top of Zimmerman, but says he could have just been holding him down.
Considering Zimmerman's frame of mind right before the confrontation (telling the dispatcher these a**holes always get away, calling Martin a f'ing punk) and Martin's frame of mind (telling the girl on the phone he was being followed and running away), the more likely scenerio is that Zimmerman tried to restrain Martin (what the ear-witness described as sounding like a push when his earpiece fell out, could very well have been from Zimmerman grabbing Martin's arm), and Martin defended himself.

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#50006 Jan 26, 2013
And there is no law that says you can't punch some unidentified creepy guy that has been following, and then grabs you.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50007 Jan 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pedophile looks good in orange.
Did they bury him in orange???

I thought they cremated his but???

Hence the name ash tray......
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#50008 Jan 26, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes nobody has seen it..........ROTFLMAO
So tell us why you are too scared to post it again????
Tell us why you are too scared to post something that shows Zim broke any law???
lol! Already have son.

So tell us, why are you scared to read and comprehend it? Oh wait... you can do neither!

That explains a lot!

Woohoo!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#50009 Jan 26, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
We always have a bon fire on the weekend this time of year........
Let me see if my 6 year old could nail some boards together for you.....
lol! I'm sure son. Put it in a cross and let the fashion show of white robes begin!

You're great as a racist... and a liar my boy!

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50010 Jan 26, 2013
do unto others wrote:
HIO, putting aside the fact that you just changed the subject we were on-voice expert analysis...grass stains, and a beaten face do not prove Zimmerman acted in self defense.
John AKA witness #6, saw the two of them seconds before the fatal shot, and he did not see Martin beating Zimmerman. He did see Martin on top of Zimmerman, but says he could have just been holding him down.
Considering Zimmerman's frame of mind right before the confrontation (telling the dispatcher these a**holes always get away, calling Martin a f'ing punk) and Martin's frame of mind (telling the girl on the phone he was being followed and running away), the more likely scenerio is that Zimmerman tried to restrain Martin (what the ear-witness described as sounding like a push when his earpiece fell out, could very well have been from Zimmerman grabbing Martin's arm), and Martin defended himself.
This thread is about a dead punk and Zim.......

The grass stains and lack of grass stains prove that Zim was on his back and the dead punk never was.

Zims face took more than one blow to it.......

It does not matter what the dead punk was doing on top of Zim.......

All 50 states say that you can shoot any black punk that attacks you, knocks you down and then jumps on top of you......

Even if Zim grabbed the punks arm the punk was a 215 suspect.........If the punk then hit Zim and jumped on top of him it is a legal shooting..........Period...... ..

You can defend yourself
Specially when you are on the ground on your back....

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50011 Jan 26, 2013
do unto others wrote:
And there is no law that says you can't punch some unidentified creepy guy that has been following, and then grabs you.
But you may die..........LOL

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50012 Jan 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Already have son.
So tell us, why are you scared to read and comprehend it? Oh wait... you can do neither!
That explains a lot!
Woohoo!

Tell us why you are too scared to post something that shows Zim broke any law???

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50013 Jan 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I'm sure son. Put it in a cross and let the fashion show of white robes begin!
You're great as a racist... and a liar my boy!
Thank you
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#50014 Jan 26, 2013
do unto others wrote:
There is a slim line between self defense and battery. I learned this when I was studying black belt and my teacher and I had a talk about it. His advice to me is if something terrible happens like I accidentally kill or maim somebody, explain to the police that I was attacked, defended myself to the point of disabling my attacker, and went no further.

If I'm in a bar and somebody gives me trouble, my best chance at not being accused of something is to get out of that heated situation. So I get off the bar stool and announce I'm leaving the business. If the guy giving me trouble decides to stop me from leaving the bar and I punch his lights out, the police will not charge me with anything because I defended myself from an attacker.

Now if the police arrive and I'm beating this guys head into the corner of the bar, I'm going to jail. I went far beyond self-defense. I am going to be charged with a felony. I crossed the line from self-defense to assault and battery.

Zimmerman's injuries are clearly not the result of self-defense. They are clearly the result of assault and battery. This is a case that will be made by defense. Zimmerman was assaulted, could not walk away from the assault and was even pinned down preventing him from defending himself. he didn't know what Martin's intentions were. In desperation, he shot and killed Martin to stop the beating.

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50015 Jan 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a slim line between self defense and battery. I learned this when I was studying black belt and my teacher and I had a talk about it. His advice to me is if something terrible happens like I accidentally kill or maim somebody, explain to the police that I was attacked, defended myself to the point of disabling my attacker, and went no further.
If I'm in a bar and somebody gives me trouble, my best chance at not being accused of something is to get out of that heated situation. So I get off the bar stool and announce I'm leaving the business. If the guy giving me trouble decides to stop me from leaving the bar and I punch his lights out, the police will not charge me with anything because I defended myself from an attacker.
Now if the police arrive and I'm beating this guys head into the corner of the bar, I'm going to jail. I went far beyond self-defense. I am going to be charged with a felony. I crossed the line from self-defense to assault and battery.
Zimmerman's injuries are clearly not the result of self-defense. They are clearly the result of assault and battery. This is a case that will be made by defense. Zimmerman was assaulted, could not walk away from the assault and was even pinned down preventing him from defending himself. he didn't know what Martin's intentions were. In desperation, he shot and killed Martin to stop the beating.
100% correct and that is what the jury will here..........

The prosecution would ha e to prove that........

1. Zim was not on his back on the ground

2. The punk was not on top of him

3. The punk did not break Zims nose.

4. The punk did not bash his head.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#50016 Jan 26, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree 100 percent
Moron/liberals don't understand that after shooting a black punk so much adrenalin is running thru your system that a person can make mistakes recalling the event
It is very common in police and the jury will be told that
In you silly, foolish mind Zimmerthugman was a policeman. In reality he was a cop wannabe who couldn't get hired by even a tiny police department because with his temper and his "little man complex" he wasn't qualified. Hell, he couldn't even cut it as a security guard, which you at one point claimed him to be.

He isn't qualified to be a dog catcher. He is a murderer and that will be established in a court of law.

Any adrenaline running through his system was due to his excitement at being able to murder an unarmed black child.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#50017 Jan 26, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
But you may die..........LOL
lol! And you do LIE, son!

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#50018 Jan 26, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron/liberals don't understand the difference in being out in public without a gun when you have racist blacks hunting you compared to the safety of a interview
Zimmerthugman was in the safety of his vehicle. He could have sat in it or driven off. Trayvon wasn't following him, he exited his vehicle in order to chase Trayvon down and murder him.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#50019 Jan 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! You're simply saying if no one sees you, tell a story.

If someone sees you, you might be screwed.

Appears you and Zimmerman had the same teacher.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#50020 Jan 26, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Actually, they have son. You just don't open your eyes!

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50021 Jan 26, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
In you silly, foolish mind Zimmerthugman was a policeman. In reality he was a cop wannabe who couldn't get hired by even a tiny police department because with his temper and his "little man complex" he wasn't qualified. Hell, he couldn't even cut it as a security guard, which you at one point claimed him to be.
He isn't qualified to be a dog catcher. He is a murderer and that will be established in a court of law.
Any adrenaline running through his system was due to his excitement at being able to murder an unarmed black child.
No law against shooting blacks that attack you..........LOL

No law against following black 215 suspects......

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50022 Jan 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And you do LIE, son!
This is how you prove someone a liar troll..........
But for some reason you cant do it????

tell us why troll???

Lets all watch the moron Yea claim that the burden of proof is on the defense..........LOL

How stupid must a person be to think this???

Ok.......

You might want to use the restroom before you read this as some have wet their pants from laughing so hard........

On post # 46912 here http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...
The moron yea claimed that the burden of proof falls on the defense even after I had posed a link from a legal law lib ray showing what everyone else knows that the burden of proof falls on the prosecution……

Here Is One wrote:

<quoted text>
Please post a link that shows that???
Would you like the link again that proves you wrong???
Burden of proof is on the prosecution
http://nationalparalegal.edu/conlawcrimproc_p...

Yea wrote.
lol! Nope. Don't need to son.

That's the defense's job. Even a dumb person would know that!

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50023 Jan 26, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerthugman was in the safety of his vehicle. He could have sat in it or driven off. Trayvon wasn't following him, he exited his vehicle in order to chase Trayvon down and murder him.
No law against being a good citizen and following a black 215 suspect........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News John Stossel: 1 min payme 2
News Marion police say probation, drug court too len... 6 hr Duke for Mayor 7
News Victim's grieving dad tells Holmes jury of deva... 12 hr Elise Loves Corn 1
News Baltimore Launches Multi-Agency Effort to Curb ... 16 hr Butters 2
News Prosecution Rests in Jenkins Murder Trial (Mar '06) 17 hr redman wv 37
News Healea Named in Shooting Case 19 hr CorruptionAbound 1
News Texarkana teenager pleads not guilty to murder (Dec '09) 20 hr shh 8
More from around the web