Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
40,301 - 40,320 of 66,018 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Ascendo Tuum

Palo Alto, CA

#49887 Jan 25, 2013
understanding wrote:
<quoted text> well i do appreciate your opinion. but as the facts remain i do review the stories about whites committing crimes and it just never seems to outweigh the blacks. by a long shot at that
Guess that Sandy Hook incident doesn't come close to outweighing anything by a long shot.... moron

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#49888 Jan 25, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>It is the black punks that cause the most crime.........Simple facts........
"Your facts"

Prove it

Truth's Door

#49889 Jan 25, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>Except you cant show us when and where..........ROTFLMAO....... ...
.This is how you prove someone a liar troll..........
But for some reason you cant do it????

tell us why troll???

Lets all watch the moron Yea claim that the burden of proof is on the defense..........LOL

How stupid must a person be to think this???

Ok.......

You might want to use the restroom before you read this as some have wet their pants from laughing so hard........

On post # 46912 here http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...
The moron yea claimed that the burden of proof falls on the defense even after I had posed a link from a legal law lib ray showing what everyone else knows that the burden of proof falls on the prosecutionÂ…Â…

Here Is One wrote:

<quoted text>
Please post a link that shows that???
Would you like the link again that proves you wrong???
Burden of proof is on the prosecution
http://nationalparalegal.edu/conlawcrimproc_p...

Yea wrote.
lol! Nope. Don't need to son.

That's the defense's job. Even a dumb person would know that!
Uh oh...

You best be careful, you're at 53,666 posts.

Tell your pal Satan I said he's an Evil Fool and to stay the hell away from me.

He may not be aware of me, so make sure you spell out my name to him. That Truthful part will trip him up.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#49892 Jan 25, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your facts"
Prove it
Sure.......ROTFLMAO

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/...

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#49893 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Uh oh...
You best be careful, you're at 53,666 posts.
Tell your pal Satan I said he's an Evil Fool and to stay the hell away from me.
He may not be aware of me, so make sure you spell out my name to him. That Truthful part will trip him up.
When moron/liberals are proven wrong they revert to trolls.....

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#49894 Jan 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can make that deal we will all be indebted to you.
She cant post even one..........ROTFLMAO

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#49895 Jan 25, 2013
The stock market is improving. It tanked in 2007 under Shrub Jr and is poised to soar to new record levels.

Obama's putting our economy back on track. He couldn't have done it sooner because little Shrub had devastated not only our economy but the world economy.

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#49896 Jan 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
The stock market is improving. It tanked in 2007 under Shrub Jr and is poised to soar to new record levels.
Obama's putting our economy back on track. He couldn't have done it sooner because little Shrub had devastated not only our economy but the world economy.
Wrong again..........LOL

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/1...

Truth's Door

#49897 Jan 25, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>Sure.......ROTFLMAO

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/...
You're going to need to do a little better than that.

First off, we're not talking about the city of London, you Stupid Fool. We're talking about the good ole U.S. of A.

If it were merely about picking a city in the world, that would be easy. You give me a city and I could give you a city involving another race. Also, you should read EVERY paragraph in that article.

It doesn't fully support your position, even in London.

Next time I want to know about London I will let you know. In the meantime, tell the Queen I said hello. She'll remember me.

Tell the Prince of Wales AKA the Duke of Cornwall AKA the Duke of Rothesay AKA The Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland AKA the Earl of Chester AKA the Baron of Renfrew AKA the Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter AKA Lord of the Isles AKA Prince Charles AKA Charlie Boy (to me and others), that...

He may as well keep all those high falutin titles 'cause the 'King of England' ain't gonna be one of them.

The Queen is gonna be on the throne another 60 years. Maybe one of her great-great-great grand kids will be the next monarch of England, but it sure ain't gonna be good ole Charlie Boy.

Maybe he could go and buy a country and make himself King. Then he could make Romney his president if Romney's cronies could scrape up enough cash.

HA!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#49898 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Why would a "man" chase after an innocent child with a loaded weapon?
To give police the approximate (last seen) location of a suspicious subject. Carrying a gun is irrelevant.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#49899 Jan 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but the state's version will. You know the one where they use facts not imagination.
The report detailed two open wounds on the back of Zimmerman’s head, one two centimeters and one half a centimeter, which did not require stitches. She described his head as “normocephalic and atraumatic’’— normal and without injuries.
There is nothing "normal" about head injuries. Do you really think that Zim's plea of self-defense relies on how serious the wounds were? You have to be kidding me. If somebody is bashing my head into the cement, I don't care if the only injury is to my hair. I'm shooting and killing the lowlife.

Picture of GZ's head injury that will be presented to the jury, and you can use all the measurements you want:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:George_Zimm...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#49900 Jan 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You accomplish nothing when you continually lie about Trayvon's height.
You don't want to bother to learn the known facts preferring instead to lie.
"Post mortem reports gave Martin's body length and weight as 5&#8242;11&#8243;– 6&#8242;0&#8243; (1.80–1.83 m) and 158–160 lb (72–73 kg).[41][42] Statements from Martin's family indicated his height prior to death was 6&#8242;3&#8243; (1.91 m) and weight no more than 150 lb (68 kg)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travon_martin
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#49901 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes. His mission ended with a dead, innocent child.
Now, Justice must pay him a visit. He's not gonna like what Justice does to him.
A dead innocent child. You mean like Martin was riding his tricycle licking his lollypop and holding his stuffed teddybear against his chest when he was shot? LOL! innocent child. Innocent children don't get kicked out of school for suspicion of theft and narcotics--criminals do.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#49902 Jan 25, 2013
do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
They said they can't prove who was yelling (can't compare Martin's voice), but they are positive it wasn't Zimmerman yelling.
Oh...... they did, did they?

"Background sounds of yelling for help in 9-1-1 calls
In recordings of the 9-1-1 calls, yells for help are audible in the background. Zimmerman's family says it was Zimmerman yelling for help, Martin's family says it was Martin yelling for help, and independent audio analysts offer differing opinions as to who was yelling for help.

Independent audio experts vary in their interpretations of the low-quality audio of the phone recordings, which one expert compared to analyzing low-resolution video from a security camera.[227] The FBI was not able to determine whether it was Zimmerman or Martin who could be heard yelling out for help in 9-1-1 calls, citing both poor audio quality and "the extreme emotional state of the person screaming."[228][229] Two expert audio technicians, listed as possible witnesses for the prosecution, analyzed the emergency calls made during the altercation and concluded that the screams did not come from Zimmerman.[230]

In an interview with prosecutors on March 19, Zimmerman's father identified the yells as George Zimmerman's, stating, "There is no doubt who is yelling for help. It is absolutely my son." Other relatives of Zimmerman, including his brother, concur and are equally adamant.[231] During a bond hearing on June 29, the 9-1-1 recording was played in court, and Zimmerman's father testified that "it was definitely George's" voice heard yelling for help in the recorded 9-1-1 call.[232]

According to police reports, after listening to audio recordings of the 9-1-1 calls, Martin's father, Tracy Martin, told police investigators that it was not Trayvon Martin's voice yelling for help.[206] Martin has since told reporters he was uncertain at that time, but that when he heard an enhanced recording on March 16 he was convinced it was his son yelling for help. Investigators interviewed Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, who reviewed the 9-1-1 calls to police and identified the voice crying for help as her son.[223] Investigators also interviewed Martin's cousin who stated that without a doubt "on a stack of bibles" it was Martin yelling for help on the 9-1-1 tape.[233][234]
During the FBI investigation, Witness 45, a neighbor of Zimmerman's, stated he was 110% sure the voice calling for help was Zimmerman's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travon_martin#Ba...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#49903 Jan 25, 2013
do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it!
Thanks for playing.

Truth's Door

#49904 Jan 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>"Post mortem reports gave Martin's body length and weight as 5&#8242;11&#8243;– 6&#8242;0&#8243; (1.80–1.83 m) and 158–160 lb (72–73 kg).[41][42] Statements from Martin's family indicated his height prior to death was 6&#8242;3&#8243; (1.91 m) and weight no more than 150 lb (68 kg)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travon_martin
We'll go by the Medical Examiner's autopsy report on Trayvon.

That is a very accurate description of him, just 13 hours after his death.

His family's estimates are what they believed him to be. Nothing wrong with that. Yes, family members can guess or estimate wrong about a family member's height and weight. Happens all the time.

The Medical Examiner's report on Trayvon's height and weight isn't based on guesses or estimates. It is based on empirical evidence. It is based on reality.

The Medical Examiner says Trayvon was 5'11" inches in height and 158 pounds in weight.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/05/1...

Only a Fool will continue to argue with Truth and Facts. ONLY a Fool.

According to Merriam-Webster...
(Pay close attention to the first three definitions, as the fourth one is quite a doozy and will throw your so-called mind in a tailspin).

EMPIRICAL:
Adjective
1: originating in or based on observation or experience (empirical data)
2: relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard for system and theory (an empirical basis for the theory)
3: capable of being verified or disproved by observation or experiment (empirical laws)
4: of or relating to empiricism

Truth's Door

#49905 Jan 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>To give police the approximate (last seen) location of a suspicious subject. Carrying a gun is irrelevant.
Carrying a gun is very relevant.

The "approximate (last seen) location" of Trayvon should have been when the scareddy cat was in his vehicle and Trayvon running AWAY from him.

The second degree murder charge says it was very relevant that Thug Zimmerman was carrying a loaded gun.

Try again.

Truth's Door

#49906 Jan 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing "normal" about head injuries.
Tell it to Doc Lindzee.

She said it.
Truth

Rome, GA

#49907 Jan 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Oh...... they did, did they?

"Background sounds of yelling for help in 9-1-1 calls
In recordings of the 9-1-1 calls, yells for help are audible in the background. Zimmerman's family says it was Zimmerman yelling for help, Martin's family says it was Martin yelling for help, and independent audio analysts offer differing opinions as to who was yelling for help.

Independent audio experts vary in their interpretations of the low-quality audio of the phone recordings, which one expert compared to analyzing low-resolution video from a security camera.[227] The FBI was not able to determine whether it was Zimmerman or Martin who could be heard yelling out for help in 9-1-1 calls, citing both poor audio quality and "the extreme emotional state of the person screaming."[228][229] Two expert audio technicians, listed as possible witnesses for the prosecution, analyzed the emergency calls made during the altercation and concluded that the screams did not come from Zimmerman.[230]

In an interview with prosecutors on March 19, Zimmerman's father identified the yells as George Zimmerman's, stating, "There is no doubt who is yelling for help. It is absolutely my son." Other relatives of Zimmerman, including his brother, concur and are equally adamant.[231] During a bond hearing on June 29, the 9-1-1 recording was played in court, and Zimmerman's father testified that "it was definitely George's" voice heard yelling for help in the recorded 9-1-1 call.[232]

According to police reports, after listening to audio recordings of the 9-1-1 calls, Martin's father, Tracy Martin, told police investigators that it was not Trayvon Martin's voice yelling for help.[206] Martin has since told reporters he was uncertain at that time, but that when he heard an enhanced recording on March 16 he was convinced it was his son yelling for help. Investigators interviewed Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, who reviewed the 9-1-1 calls to police and identified the voice crying for help as her son.[223] Investigators also interviewed Martin's cousin who stated that without a doubt "on a stack of bibles" it was Martin yelling for help on the 9-1-1 tape.[233][234]
During the FBI investigation, Witness 45, a neighbor of Zimmerman's, stated he was 110% sure the voice calling for help was Zimmerman's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travon_martin#Ba...
Martins father said it was not his son on the tape yelling when he gave his first statement. It's in the police report.
Truth

Rome, GA

#49908 Jan 25, 2013
Pure case of self defense. Go ahead and save the tax payers money and drop charges. He will be acquitted by a jury.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 13 min Colbert 1,429
Trespassers - Can You Shoot 'Em? 1 hr Responsibility 4
Woman held in fatal shooting of 96-year-old mother 1 hr Honestly 1
2 Plead Guilty In Slaying Of Boston Teen 3 hr reality is a crutch 2
Detroit police arrest 30 in response to believe... 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Watch KITV's Friday midday webcast 12 hr Joe Balls 2
Homicide Suspects Spent Time at Erie City Mission 14 hr dick tracey 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••