Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66327 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#49909 Jan 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>A dead innocent child. You mean like Martin was riding his tricycle licking his lollypop and holding his stuffed teddybear against his chest when he was shot? LOL! innocent child. Innocent children don't get kicked out of school for suspicion of theft and narcotics--criminals do.
The Special Prosecutor concluded that Trayvon was not involved in unlawful activity at the time of the murder.

The Special Prosecutor also concluded that Thug Zimmerman murdered Trayvon. I agree with her on both counts.

If you want to go through Thug Zimmerman's criminal past, I will happily assist you.

Let me know.
Bernado Getzee

Kingsland, GA

#49910 Jan 25, 2013
The special prosecutor is a political opportunist.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#49912 Jan 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing "normal" about head injuries. Do you really think that Zim's plea of self-defense relies on how serious the wounds were? You have to be kidding me. If somebody is bashing my head into the cement, I don't care if the only injury is to my hair. I'm shooting and killing the lowlife.
Picture of GZ's head injury that will be presented to the jury, and you can use all the measurements you want:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:George_Zimm...
The medical report says there were no head injuries. Guess the doc doesn't consider superficial scratches as "injuries".

The jury won't get the wikipedia version, they will get the medical records which clearly state there were no injuries on the back of the murderer's head, just superficial scratches.

The report detailed two open wounds on the back of Zimmerman’s head, one two centimeters and one half a centimeter, which did not require stitches. She described his head as “normocephalic and atraumatic’’— normal and without injuries.
reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#49913 Jan 25, 2013
the prosecution will not be able to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. the jury will have no choice but to declare a not guilty verdict.

the pictures prove that zimmerman was violently attacked .. also there is no evidence to show that zimmerman followed and or initiated a confrontation.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#49914 Jan 25, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you ignore the facts as usual.......
Tell us was it a little boy or big thug that was able to defend against Zims attack and receive no injuries except for his knuckles but thrash big meanie Zim until Zim got tired of it and shot the tiny child/football player dead???
Yes we know that all you have proven is that you are a troll..........ROTFLMAO
lol! Really? Unlike you who makes up the facts AND the law as you see fit!

What a conundrum for you my lying petunia!

Woohoo!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#49915 Jan 25, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
When moron/liberals are proven wrong they revert to trolls.....
lol! You're already there son! And a eunuch to boot!

Truth's Door

#49916 Jan 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>You keep wanting these people to listen to the Truth. They just can't do it.

Wikipedia for idiots who aren't interested in Truth and facts.
They seem to be a lost cause, I know.

But, just like Mr. Smith, I fight for lost causes.

I believe in the Impossible, I am motivated by the Improbable. Dreams and Hope are my motivation.

Gov. George "segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" Wallace serves as my Inspiration.

With Christ Jesus, ALL things are possible.

It's gonna take more than a motley crew of LIARS, racists, bigots and hate-filled lunatics to make me believe otherwise.

I MUST fight on! Truth always has a way of winning out.

Truth's Door

#49917 Jan 25, 2013
reasons wrote:
the prosecution will not be able to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. the jury will have no choice but to declare a not guilty verdict.

the pictures prove that zimmerman was violently attacked .. also there is no evidence to show that zimmerman followed and or initiated a confrontation.
HA!
reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#49918 Jan 25, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
The Special Prosecutor concluded that Trayvon was not involved in unlawful activity at the time of the murder.
The Special Prosecutor also concluded that Thug Zimmerman murdered Trayvon. I agree with her on both counts.
If you want to go through Thug Zimmerman's criminal past, I will happily assist you.
Let me know.
at the time of the killing trayvon was involved in a crime. specifically assault and battery. there is no law in Florida that says a citizen cannot be armed with a weapon. zimmerman was well within his legal rights to carry and use a weapon if needed.

i would be glad to go through zimmermans criminal past,, only on the condition that you are willing to go through trayvon martins lifestyle leading up to his death.
reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#49919 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
HA!
well its true.. the states case is very weak. can you tell me what the strongest point is going to be, and will it be solid evidence or could it be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

i cannot see a credible witness stepping forward to discredit george zimmermans account of what happened.

Truth's Door

#49920 Jan 25, 2013
reasons wrote:
<quoted text>at the time of the killing trayvon was involved in a crime. specifically assault and battery. there is no law in Florida that says a citizen cannot be armed with a weapon. zimmerman was well within his legal rights to carry and use a weapon if needed.

i would be glad to go through zimmermans criminal past,, only on the condition that you are willing to go through trayvon martins lifestyle leading up to his death.
You start out on the wrong foot, unreasoned.

You've already convicted Trayvon of a crime when the Special Prosecutor says there was no such crime.

Who should I believe? You or the Special Prosecutor?

HA! That's too easy. I'll stick with the Special Prosecutor's conclusion after her investigation.

Your conclusion isn't based on an investigation, now is it?

You're in no position to make deals with me. But I tell you what, we'll go through Trayvon's documented criminal past if we can also go through Thug Zimmerman's documented criminal past.

Deal?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#49921 Jan 25, 2013
reasons wrote:
<quoted text> at the time of the killing trayvon was involved in a crime. specifically assault and battery. there is no law in Florida that says a citizen cannot be armed with a weapon. zimmerman was well within his legal rights to carry and use a weapon if needed.
The only person who can make the claim of assault the the person who killed him.

Clearly that individual went beyond the commission of assault and into the domain of murder, or at lease manslaughter son.
reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#49923 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
You've already convicted Trayvon of a crime when the Special Prosecutor says there was no such crime.
HA! That's too easy. I'll stick with the Special Prosecutor's conclusion after her investigation.
You're in no position to make deals with me. But I tell you what, we'll go through Trayvon's documented criminal past if we can also go through Thug Zimmerman's documented criminal past.
Deal?
i would be glad to go through zimmermans criminal past,, only on the condition that you are willing to go through trayvon martins LIFESTYLE leading up to his death.

key word is lifestyle .. why are you ignoring that..

im aware that there was no criminal record documented.

but i am aware of his ignorant twitter account rants,facebook pictures, burglary tool, womens jewelry,empty bag of marijuana, trace amounts of THC in the toxicology report,suspensions from school, graffiti, and of course the criminal act on mr.zimmerman which ultimately ended trayvons life ,, therefore concluding martins arrogant LIFESTYLE

Truth's Door

#49924 Jan 25, 2013
reasons wrote:
<quoted text>well its true.. the states case is very weak. can you tell me what the strongest point is going to be, and will it be solid evidence or could it be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

i cannot see a credible witness stepping forward to discredit george zimmermans account of what happened.
Thug Zimmerman's credibility is shot.

He's told different versions of what happened. Not even the posters on this thread will even answer the question I pose on a daily basis of which version of Thug Zimmerman's twice-told tale they believe.

Thug Zimmerman has also misled the court. He sat like a "potted plant" while his wifey flat-out LIED to the judge. He and wifey and sister conspired to juggle blood money between accounts as to mislead the court about his finances.

You can believe Thug Zimmerman all you want. Not me.

You should also take note that just because Thug Zimmerman says something, it doesn't make it gospel and it doesn't discount the investigation of the Special Prosecutor.

More than half of all crimes would be halted at this point if prosecutors just took the word of suspects.

It just doesn't work that way.
reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#49925 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Deal?
there was a crime committed by martin. the crime was assault and battery . zimmerman was in fear of losing his life. whether you believe him or not the evidence to support the prosecutions theory of what happened cannot be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.

the TRUTH are facts that cannot be disputed.

how can the state prove that martin did not initiate the confrontation.?

my conclusion and opinions are based on the evidence that has been made public

Truth's Door

#49926 Jan 25, 2013
reasons wrote:
<quoted text>i would be glad to go through zimmermans criminal past,, only on the condition that you are willing to go through trayvon martins LIFESTYLE leading up to his death.

key word is lifestyle .. why are you ignoring that..

im aware that there was no criminal record documented.

but i am aware of his ignorant twitter account rants,facebook pictures, burglary tool, womens jewelry,empty bag of marijuana, trace amounts of THC in the toxicology report,suspensions from school, graffiti, and of course the criminal act on mr.zimmerman which ultimately ended trayvons life ,, therefore concluding martins arrogant LIFESTYLE
I see you chose not to take me up on my offer.

All you had to do was say no.

Your counter-offer leaves a lot to be desired, mostly for this reason...

Thug Zimmerman's criminal activity is documented and he was given due process for his criminal behavior. Trayvon was not given ANY due process and certainly not in a court of law for anything you maintain that he did.

If you say that Trayvon has no criminal record, there's a reason for that. Just as there's a reason that Thug Zimmerman has a criminal record.

The key word isn't "lifestyle".

The key word is "murder".
reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#49927 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Thug Zimmerman's credibility is shot.
He's told different versions of what happened. Not even the posters on this thread will even answer the question I pose on a daily basis of which version of Thug Zimmerman's twice-told tale they believe.
Thug Zimmerman has also misled the court. He sat like a "potted plant" while his wifey flat-out LIED to the judge. He and wifey and sister conspired to juggle blood money between accounts as to mislead the court about his finances.
You can believe Thug Zimmerman all you want. Not me.
You should also take note that just because Thug Zimmerman says something, it doesn't make it gospel and it doesn't discount the investigation of the Special Prosecutor.
More than half of all crimes would be halted at this point if prosecutors just took the word of suspects.
It just doesn't work that way.
this argument still doesnt prove that he went after trayvon. his story slightly shifted during the hannity interview and really i don't believe that is enough to make his credibility shot..

i am saying that there is not enough evidence to disprove zimmermans account of what happened.

i do think if the state finds a way to prove the voice of whos screaming for help is martin then that would be huge along with making a crisp voice recording of when zimmerman said coon.

now if they can do that then he will clearly be labeled a liar and rightfully so
reasons

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#49928 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I see you chose not to take me up on my offer.
All you had to do was say no.
Your counter-offer leaves a lot to be desired, mostly for this reason...
Thug Zimmerman's criminal activity is documented and he was given due process for his criminal behavior. Trayvon was not given ANY due process and certainly not in a court of law for anything you maintain that he did.
If you say that Trayvon has no criminal record, there's a reason for that. Just as there's a reason that Thug Zimmerman has a criminal record.
The key word isn't "lifestyle".
The key word is "murder".
well that's your opinion and i have mine.

im sure in the courtroom tryvons lifestyle leading up to his death will be relevant...

the judge has already granted the defense access to these records to show that he was not this child who ate skittles and drinks tea. he was a problem child at home and in school.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#49929 Jan 25, 2013
reasons wrote:
<quoted text> this argument still doesnt prove that he went after trayvon. his story slightly shifted during the hannity interview and really i don't believe that is enough to make his credibility shot..
i am saying that there is not enough evidence to disprove zimmermans account of what happened.
i do think if the state finds a way to prove the voice of whos screaming for help is martin then that would be huge along with making a crisp voice recording of when zimmerman said coon.
now if they can do that then he will clearly be labeled a liar and rightfully so
What the Hannity interveiw also contradicts is Zimmerman's claim that he's afraid to go out in public for fear of being seen!

He's building a pretty good resume on those conflicts.

Truth's Door

#49930 Jan 25, 2013
reasons wrote:
<quoted text>this argument still doesnt prove that he went after trayvon. his story slightly shifted during the hannity interview and really i don't believe that is enough to make his credibility shot..

He's already clearly a LIAR, and rightfully so. What planet are you living on? Come back to Earth.

Uh oh, NO, stay wherever you are.

Tell me, in your opinion, how did Thug Zimmerman's "story slightly shift[ed] during the hannity interview"?

Also, are you saying that Thug Zimmerman said "coon" and if the prosecutor can just get it clearly stated on tape then that would prove Thug Zimmerman a LIAR in that instance too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 17 min thetruth 92
News Man accused in Thursday's fatal shooting may su... 2 hr mzp 3
News Leominster man arrested in Fitchburg murder 4 hr insider 1
News Man gets 21 years for fatal shooting | The Colu... (Dec '09) 7 hr reply to kimberly 20
NBI PHILIPPINES - http://nbi.gov.ph (Nov '07) 15 hr Jaja 201
News Fresno man facing murder charge after shooting ... Fri Covered 13
News Drive-By Shooting In Quincy (Apr '11) Thu dave 12
More from around the web