Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66312 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#48147 Jan 10, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>You have issues, get HELP.
Maybe you can sit right next to him in therapy.

Make damn sure you don't go to sleep. And keep all follow-up appointments.
sickofit

Austin, MN

#48148 Jan 10, 2013
Your out for a walk. Coming back home from the store. A guy starts to follow you and then he harasses you...You defend yourself trying to make him stop..He pulls out a guns and shoots and kills you...NOW YOUR A MURDER VICTIM.....yet you still have no justice because you are black and no one cares..

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#48149 Jan 10, 2013
krackersmacker wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! You're a little dck lice infested cavemonkey SKUNKHONKEY! LMAO! You don't really want to talk history btch,because yours your started in Africa, after we grafted your wicked azes out of us, we threw you into the caves of europe,where you remained because krackers are UNCIVILIZED SAVAGES! Who cannot live in peace among ANY RACE OF PEOPLE! You krackers are'nt even human! you do know that don't you BOY!You skunkhonkies make me laugh when I read your post on here.LOL! You're fckn RETARDS AND FREAKS AS WELL AS REJECTS OF NATURE,you european piece of sht! lol! Back to your trailer park ghetto you lice infested CAVEMONKEY! Class is over and you're DISMISSED LOL! Worthless piece of europen backwash. lmao.!
Yo do yourself no service to post like this.

You're posting like the resident pervert with such hatred and vile. Any message you have is lost.

That's why the resident pervert AKA Buffalo Bill, AKA xxrated, AKA maddmaxx, etc has to keep changing his name, he hates the way you do and isn't man enough to post under one name.
krackersmacker

Reading, PA

#48150 Jan 10, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>You have issues, get HELP.
lol! yeah,YOU SKUNKHONKEY! FCK YOU!
krackersmacker

Reading, PA

#48151 Jan 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo do yourself no service to post like this.
You're posting like the resident pervert with such hatred and vile. Any message you have is lost.
That's why the resident pervert AKA Buffalo Bill, AKA xxrated, AKA maddmaxx, etc has to keep changing his name, he hates the way you do and isn't man enough to post under one name.
Obviously my message isn't lost, because these skunkhonkies keep responding.As I've stated to you b4,You can deal with these cavemonkies delicately,nor will I ever try! Good luck with your mission.To each their own!

Location hidden

#48152 Jan 10, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Your out for a walk. Coming back home from the store. A guy starts to follow you and then he harasses you...You defend yourself trying to make him stop..He pulls out a guns and shoots and kills you...NOW YOUR A MURDER VICTIM.....yet you still have no justice because you are black and no one cares..
Sad but true. There are exceptions. Zimmerman will have a trial thanks to the people who do care.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#48154 Jan 10, 2013
ScOoTeR wrote:
zimmerman just took out some trash,not a big deal.
Where did he take his wife??
sickofit

Austin, MN

#48171 Jan 10, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out the fact you violently and illegally assaulted the person.
Why did you do that?
Trayvon DEFENDED HIMSELF FROM AN STALKER AND HARASSER......And for that he got MURDERED.......SIMPLE AS THAT FOOL...
sickofit

Austin, MN

#48177 Jan 10, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie, liar.
hilarious how these old white sellout hags spend their entire lives on here.
NO IT IS NOT........Trayvon was walking....WHO FOLLOWED AND STALKED WHO...???????
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#48178 Jan 10, 2013
Six wrote:
America is Minority,Indians were here before whites, whites brought blacks here, blacks opened the door for asians and mexicans to come. Its not gone happen again, thats why your kids love our music and your women love Black Men And our President black, and yall cant do nothing but except it. Thats why yall so mad HAHAHAHAH lolololol And its only gonna get worse for you so stop resisting. lol0olololololololol
Please, with the exception of religion or territorial disagreements, you are the only race of people who constantly strive to move away from your own kind.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#48179 Jan 10, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Why don't you get your story straight? You're walking home from the store and a neighbor spots you and makes a phone call. You run from him and hide behind some houses until the opportunity for attack comes along. He hangs up the phone, and starts walking to where he last seen you not suspecting you are still there. You viciously attack him and he continually screams for help. The louder he screams, the more you enjoy it and the harder you hit. Finally he pulls out a gun to blow your dirt-bag azz away, and because of national media, he ends up facing a murder charge.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#48180 Jan 10, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, unfortunately, inequality permeates throughout many facets of society.
It is systemic and it is broad. Even though there are many laws in place in housing, banking, employment, etc, there are many barriers that prevent many from the even playing field that others enjoy.
We did break down those barriers a couple of years ago. It led to the worst financial collapse in our lifetime called the housing market. We still suffer the effects of it today and probably will for several years (at least four more) to come.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#48181 Jan 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
"The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog (sic) in an effort to dispel each party's concern. There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter."
This is something the prosecution will focus on.
Had Zimmerman stayed in his vehicle, the whole incident could have been avoided. Especially the murder.
On that line of thinking, if Martin just went to the house he was staying at, he would be alive today. But no. He had to seek revenge. He had to wait for Zim behind the houses for a planned attack.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#48182 Jan 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not the way you talk about them here. In real life you can't hide behind anonymity. You'd get your butt kicked if you acted the way you talk.
That's why I always carry my gun.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#48183 Jan 10, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure this case won't hinge on your perspective of the evidence.
Your "if's" also won't be making it into the evidence.
You forget something, as well...
Special Prosecutor Angela Corey did her own investigation with her own investigators. She charged the Thug with second degree murder.
Don't you remember that? I do.
The Sanford Police Department was (and is) fraught with problems. Has been for many, many years.
Nevertheless, they didn't interfere with special Prosecutor Angela Corey doing the right thing.
Team Thug Zimmerman and his supporters can use all the diversion tactics they want. But they cannot take away the fact that a child who was minding his own business was chased down by a lunatic with a loaded gun and killed by the lunatic.
You ever ask yourself what kind of a person grabs his loaded gun and goes after a child who was minding his own business? Does that give you ANY kind of pause whatsoever?
Think about it.
I've paused quite a bit; especially when I learned Martin hid behind the houses instead of going home. It's obvious what his plans were.

And here we go again with this fallacy of chasing Martin down. He ran after Martin for about ten seconds and stopped. He stayed on the phone with 911 giving Martin enough time to crawl home if he desired. He never "chased" Martin down. He didn't have the physical ability. That's one of your many "if's."

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#48184 Jan 10, 2013
It's more likely Martin didn't continue to his dad's girlfriend's house because he was being chased by a strange man at night. Everyone that teaches self defense, everyone that teaches kids about 'stranger danger' and what to do if you think you're being followed, teaches them NOT to lead the stranger to your house. Get away, get to safety, but do not lead them to your home.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#48185 Jan 10, 2013
do unto others wrote:
It's more likely Martin didn't continue to his dad's girlfriend's house because he was being chased by a strange man at night. Everyone that teaches self defense, everyone that teaches kids about 'stranger danger' and what to do if you think you're being followed, teaches them NOT to lead the stranger to your house. Get away, get to safety, but do not lead them to your home.
What or who teaches that? Are you insane?

You mean to tell me that "somebody" or some people are teaching kids that if they are followed, not to seek shelter in their very own home and call police? WTF teaches that? Who teaches children to run in the open where they are vulnerable instead of going home or seeking shelter when away from home?

Show me one legitimate course or school that tells kids to stay away from their home when they suspect trouble.

Location hidden

#48186 Jan 10, 2013
do unto others wrote:
Yes completely true, all of it.

Poor Trayvon must have thought a pervert was trying to kidnap him.

When Zimmerman accosted him he was defending himself and was murdered.

Truth's Door

#48187 Jan 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>We did break down those barriers a couple of years ago. It led to the worst financial collapse in our lifetime called the housing market. We still suffer the effects of it today and probably will for several years (at least four more) to come.
WRONG, no such barriers were broken down. You sound just like those other Idiots who say that racism doesn't exist anymore because we have a Black President.

You are either truly ignorant of the reasons for those laws or you deliberately blame those who are continually mistreated for being the reason for an historic economic collapse.

I believe it's the latter. The same thing happens during presidential campaigns. Repugnants use minorities to whip up a frenzy in order to get as many votes as possible.

According to the Repugnants running for president, if you lost or don't have a job, blame minorities; if you can't get a loan, blame minorities; the national deficit is because of minorities; let's blame minorities for whatever ails you.

Now you come along and have the nerve to blame minorities for the financial and housing collapse specifically and the economic downturn broadly.

YOU ARE OUTTA YOUR SICK GOD-FORSAKEN MIND.

Let me remind you that people of MANY races and ethnicities participated in the housing collapse. And yet, it's not even them who made the rules or laws; it's not even them who made the loans, you big dummy!

Tell me this...How do you explain that in a city where Blacks make up less than 3% of the population, there are thousands of foreclosures and thousands of underwater mortgages?

Since your mind is on vacation, I'll just go ahead and tell you that those foreclosures and underwater mortgages mirror the rate of the population in that particular city.

You're so hell-bent on unloading on a particular race of people that Truth and Facts and Common Sense flees from you.

I can't blame them.

Truth's Door

#48188 Jan 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>On that line of thinking, if Martin just went to the house he was staying at, he would be alive today. But no. He had to seek revenge. He had to wait for Zim behind the houses for a planned attack.
That is YOU saying that happened.

You have absolutely NO proof that happened. I'm not asking you for proof because it doesn't exist. If it did, you need to contact "pro bono" O'Mara.

Such info does very little good on Topix. But Thug Zimmerman would be much appreciative and may mention your name in his upcoming Letter from a Florida Prison Cell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Authorities name 43-year-old man whose head, ha... 3 hr Oh well 1
News Milwaukee Riots After Police Shoot Black Suspec... 10 hr Go Blue Forever 163
News Walker knocks Clinton for her Milwaukee shootin... 10 hr Mite Be 325
News While Milwaukee Burns, Obama Plays Golf 19 hr Snidely70448 3
News Man sentenced to 17 years in 2013 homicide Thu They cannot kill ... 2
News Jury Selection Expected in 2010 Mathis Murder Case (Apr '13) Thu Sad 77
News Two Charged In Home Invasion Robbery and Rape (Aug '10) Aug 24 little sista 170
More from around the web