Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66306 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#48115 Jan 9, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the way people like you treat blacks.
Do tell: how do I treat blacks?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#48116 Jan 9, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Woop-de-doo!
He's gonna need a helluva lot more than that.
Maybe the Thug's lawyers can go out and find someone who says the Thug didn't actually pull the trigger of the gun that was used to murder Trayvon.
Now THAT would be evidence that would REALLY be helpful to the child killer.
Seems to me that it's moving along his way--slowly, but we have six months for even more. I've seen little or no new evidence to support the prosecution. In fact, there is another story out there where the police reports have been changed four times!

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-01-09...

This is what gives way to a solid charge. It was last minute coin-flipping that led the the murder charge on Zimmerman. In other words, their charges are extremely shaky given the new information. Plus (as the article points out) if Martin did have any advanced training, that changes the entire scenario.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#48117 Jan 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You know? That's the boundaries most cons make when they want to discuss "history."
They'll take it back from time to time if they want to include FDR. Funnier still when they try to include the original kkk.
You could take selected slices of 50 years of America and make your case son.
Your problem is you're not interested in the history, you're interested in making your political point.
FDR? It seems that you are trying to make your case many years before FDR.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#48118 Jan 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Do tell: how do I treat blacks?
You don't know?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#48120 Jan 9, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know?
Nobody does which is why I posed the question.

Truth's Door

#48122 Jan 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me that it's moving along his way--slowly, but we have six months for even more. I've seen little or no new evidence to support the prosecution. In fact, there is another story out there where the police reports have been changed four times!
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-01-09...
This is what gives way to a solid charge. It was last minute coin-flipping that led the the murder charge on Zimmerman. In other words, their charges are extremely shaky given the new information. Plus (as the article points out) if Martin did have any advanced training, that changes the entire scenario.
I'm pretty sure this case won't hinge on your perspective of the evidence.

Your "if's" also won't be making it into the evidence.

You forget something, as well...

Special Prosecutor Angela Corey did her own investigation with her own investigators. She charged the Thug with second degree murder.

Don't you remember that? I do.

The Sanford Police Department was (and is) fraught with problems. Has been for many, many years.

Nevertheless, they didn't interfere with special Prosecutor Angela Corey doing the right thing.

Team Thug Zimmerman and his supporters can use all the diversion tactics they want. But they cannot take away the fact that a child who was minding his own business was chased down by a lunatic with a loaded gun and killed by the lunatic.

You ever ask yourself what kind of a person grabs his loaded gun and goes after a child who was minding his own business? Does that give you ANY kind of pause whatsoever?

Think about it.

Truth's Door

#48124 Jan 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody does which is why I posed the question.
You don't know?

Nobody = Nobody

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#48125 Jan 9, 2013
The proof of inequality is out there. All you have to do is want to see the truth.
Some things to look into would be, suspension rates, traffic stops and warnings versus tickets for same offenses, harsher punishments for same crimes, reports as 'suspicious' person, and as pointed out here with Corey- number of kids kicked up to adult court.
I know there are reports available for workplace discrimination, I just haven't looked into it in-depth because my kids are still in school.

Truth's Door

#48128 Jan 9, 2013
do unto others wrote:
The proof of inequality is out there. All you have to do is want to see the truth.
Some things to look into would be, suspension rates, traffic stops and warnings versus tickets for same offenses, harsher punishments for same crimes, reports as 'suspicious' person, and as pointed out here with Corey- number of kids kicked up to adult court.
I know there are reports available for workplace discrimination, I just haven't looked into it in-depth because my kids are still in school.
Yes, unfortunately, inequality permeates throughout many facets of society.

It is systemic and it is broad. Even though there are many laws in place in housing, banking, employment, etc, there are many barriers that prevent many from the even playing field that others enjoy.

What is really perplexing is the inequality in the criminal justice system. One would think that those who are the guardians of law and justice would be the very ones who would want to see an equal application of the law.

But many of them in key places do the opposite of what Lady Justice demands.

It is a behavioral problem, it is a human problem. The law can only go so far in changing behavior. It has its limits. The only way that the insidiousness of systemic inequality will be eradicated is when we all realize...

That we are truly our brother's keeper; we are our sister's keeper.

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#48130 Jan 9, 2013
Excellent post.
When I (and I'm sure many others) bring up inequality, it's not to portray blacks as victims, or make excuses for anything. It's for education. I fully believe that a history not learned is a history that will be repeated. The mistreatment of blacks isn't even history yet, but there are those that refuse to see it, or will make excuses for it.

Truth's Door

#48131 Jan 9, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>This should be bumped to every page. Perhaps some of the racist on Topix will read it and comprehend it.
Maybe

Truth's Door

#48134 Jan 9, 2013
do unto others wrote:
Excellent post.
When I (and I'm sure many others) bring up inequality, it's not to portray blacks as victims, or make excuses for anything. It's for education. I fully believe that a history not learned is a history that will be repeated. The mistreatment of blacks isn't even history yet, but there are those that refuse to see it, or will make excuses for it.
Yes, when we fail to learn from our mistakes, we will repeat them. And we do, unfortunately. Yes, we need that education.

Some don't realize that the inequality that is happening to some today can happen to them tomorrow.

History has a strange way of turning the tables. Civilization is filled with dynasties and empires and peoples that logic says cannot be dethroned or overcome. But History says not so.

We should all be very careful how we treat others because the day could come when that treatment boomerangs. But it is most important how we treat others not because of the boomerang effect.

It is important that others are afforded the same treatment because its right to do it. When my brother or sister of a different race, creed or ethnicity succeeds, it is a success of the human race and we all benefit.

There are examples of that the world over. But we need exponentially more examples. My soul shudders and my eyes twinkle at the thought of man fulfilling his potential.

Just think of all the possibilities of where the human race could be if only we treated each other with respect and dignity and were blinded to the color of skin! What a dynamic and awe-inspiring world that would be.

We still have a chance to get there. But it's like you say...we must educate ourselves of what is going on and not turn a blind eye or be oblivious to the vast inequalities permeating society.

Truth's Door

#48140 Jan 9, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>Who were the witness's , puss ass cracka lady?
That's quite a description you have of me.

I'll give you some time to work on it. And surely you don't expect me to answer any questions you may have of me, you should know that.

Now...you may not be feeling well tonight. I'm not sure what brought on your outburst in the posts that you've written tonight.

Try to fix yourself up and come to your senses. The sooner the better. If I were you, I'd get lost before the smacker comes and tells your butt off.

You know how sensitive you get. I used to feel sorry for you when he rips your rotting heart out. But not anymore. You are treated by him the way you treat others.

I hope he's not sleep. You best be running if he's still awake.
krackersmacker

Reading, PA

#48142 Jan 10, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You know? That's the boundaries most cons make when they want to discuss "history."
They'll take it back from time to time if they want to include FDR. Funnier still when they try to include the original kkk.
You could take selected slices of 50 years of America and make your case son.
Your problem is you're not interested in the history, you're interested in making your political point.
LOL! You're a little dck lice infested cavemonkey SKUNKHONKEY! LMAO! You don't really want to talk history btch,because yours your started in Africa, after we grafted your wicked azes out of us, we threw you into the caves of europe,where you remained because krackers are UNCIVILIZED SAVAGES! Who cannot live in peace among ANY RACE OF PEOPLE! You krackers are'nt even human! you do know that don't you BOY!You skunkhonkies make me laugh when I read your post on here.LOL! You're fckn RETARDS AND FREAKS AS WELL AS REJECTS OF NATURE,you european piece of sht! lol! Back to your trailer park ghetto you lice infested CAVEMONKEY! Class is over and you're DISMISSED LOL! Worthless piece of europen backwash. lmao.!
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#48143 Jan 10, 2013
krackersmacker wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! You're a little dck lice infested cavemonkey SKUNKHONKEY! LMAO! You don't really want to talk history btch,because yours your started in Africa, after we grafted your wicked azes out of us, we threw you into the caves of europe,where you remained because krackers are UNCIVILIZED SAVAGES! Who cannot live in peace among ANY RACE OF PEOPLE! You krackers are'nt even human! you do know that don't you BOY!You skunkhonkies make me laugh when I read your post on here.LOL! You're fckn RETARDS AND FREAKS AS WELL AS REJECTS OF NATURE,you european piece of sht! lol! Back to your trailer park ghetto you lice infested CAVEMONKEY! Class is over and you're DISMISSED LOL! Worthless piece of europen backwash. lmao.!
You have issues, get HELP.

Truth's Door

#48147 Jan 10, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>You have issues, get HELP.
Maybe you can sit right next to him in therapy.

Make damn sure you don't go to sleep. And keep all follow-up appointments.
sickofit

Austin, MN

#48148 Jan 10, 2013
Your out for a walk. Coming back home from the store. A guy starts to follow you and then he harasses you...You defend yourself trying to make him stop..He pulls out a guns and shoots and kills you...NOW YOUR A MURDER VICTIM.....yet you still have no justice because you are black and no one cares..

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#48149 Jan 10, 2013
krackersmacker wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! You're a little dck lice infested cavemonkey SKUNKHONKEY! LMAO! You don't really want to talk history btch,because yours your started in Africa, after we grafted your wicked azes out of us, we threw you into the caves of europe,where you remained because krackers are UNCIVILIZED SAVAGES! Who cannot live in peace among ANY RACE OF PEOPLE! You krackers are'nt even human! you do know that don't you BOY!You skunkhonkies make me laugh when I read your post on here.LOL! You're fckn RETARDS AND FREAKS AS WELL AS REJECTS OF NATURE,you european piece of sht! lol! Back to your trailer park ghetto you lice infested CAVEMONKEY! Class is over and you're DISMISSED LOL! Worthless piece of europen backwash. lmao.!
Yo do yourself no service to post like this.

You're posting like the resident pervert with such hatred and vile. Any message you have is lost.

That's why the resident pervert AKA Buffalo Bill, AKA xxrated, AKA maddmaxx, etc has to keep changing his name, he hates the way you do and isn't man enough to post under one name.
krackersmacker

Reading, PA

#48150 Jan 10, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>You have issues, get HELP.
lol! yeah,YOU SKUNKHONKEY! FCK YOU!
krackersmacker

Reading, PA

#48151 Jan 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo do yourself no service to post like this.
You're posting like the resident pervert with such hatred and vile. Any message you have is lost.
That's why the resident pervert AKA Buffalo Bill, AKA xxrated, AKA maddmaxx, etc has to keep changing his name, he hates the way you do and isn't man enough to post under one name.
Obviously my message isn't lost, because these skunkhonkies keep responding.As I've stated to you b4,You can deal with these cavemonkies delicately,nor will I ever try! Good luck with your mission.To each their own!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top StoryTrump says more must be done to protec... 19 min Shelly Bl 136
News The Latest: Jimmy Kimmel squarely blames Trump,... 9 hr Tie Your Mother Down 90
News Oak Hill man dies after shots exchanged in Faye... (Jun '17) 17 hr Rainbow 25
News Jury sees video of Pittsburg homicide victim ru... 21 hr Coleworld 1
News Laura Ingraham Hosts Segment On 'Safe' AR-15 Ho... Fri Fake Cuts 36
News The Latest: Shooting survivors to meet at White... Fri Trump is a joke 75
News Most Americans say Trump, Congress not doing en... Thu Trump is a joke 5
More from around the web