Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66323 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Colima, Mexico

#47733 Jan 6, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you such an angry person?

Loosen up. Go to the beach. Wade in the water. Soak up the sun. Enjoy life.
Spin spin spin Zim walks you cry

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#47734 Jan 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>The way I understand it, it will go to a SYG trial and only to the murder trial if he isn't found innocent by that statute. This from a legal expert on the radio about a month ago.

The only thing stopping Zim from being totally covered on the STG is because there is no solid evidence that he was attacked. If there was at least one witness to Martin's attack, then he could have sued the city for false arrest.

Now it boils down to the prosecution trying to convince a judge and jury that what is evident really didn't happen that way. Good luck with that. They will have to prove that Zim attacked Martin which autopsy reports show quite the opposite. Could it have happened that way? Perhaps. But again--beyond a reasonable doubt.

Now if that fails and it goes to the murder trial, the prosecution will have to convince a judge and jury Zim had no right to defend himself using his firearm. Given the degree of injuries Zim sustained, it's more than clear that Martin went far beyond self-defense and into assault even if they can convince anybody that Zim (with no witnesses whatsoever) did attack Martin.

As I explained earlier, there is a slim line between self-defense and assault.
And Thug Zimmerman crossed way over on the other side of that line. So far over that there's a DEAD BODY.

No, it does NOT go to a SYG hearing if the Thug doesn't want to testify on his own behalf.

Then, it will go straight to trial. However, if the LYING Thug wants the SYG hearing...he will then be found either covered by the SYG law or not covered by SYG law.

If the judge says he is covered by that law and his claim of self defense is valid, then there will be no trial for him and the state of Florida will reimburse him his defense expenses and he will be immune from civil suits for the death he caused.

But if the judge says the Thug is not covered by the law, then it will continue on to trial in June. And he will not be immune from civil suits, regardless of the outcome of the trial.

You don't need to listen to some "legal expert on the radio". Just read the law. It is very simple. Stop being spoon-fed. Verify things for yourself.

And, no, he couldn't sue the city for false arrest. What "city" are you talking about? Remember, the Sanford Police Department never arrested Thug Zimmerman. At least that's what ex-Chief Bill Lee and SPD says.

The thug was arrested by the state of Florida. Remember, Special Prosecutor Angela Corey had him arrested.

In a Stand Your Ground hearing, the prosecution doesn't need to prove anything. The burden of proof is on Thug Zimmerman.

Didn't the "legal expert on the radio" tell you that?

Truth's Door

#47735 Jan 6, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>It is almost unheard of for a defendant to take the stand in any murder trial..........

Another no big deal..........
HA!

You're so damn stupid till it's not funny anymore.

We're talking about at a SYG hearing.

He definitely will have to take the stand, you Idiot.

What the hell do you think a SYG hearing is? Didn't your daddy teach that to you? What about that retired judge?

You're so damn smart that you show us how smart you are...

STUPID SMART

Truth's Door

#47736 Jan 6, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>Not one pice of evidence proves that......LOL
You need to work on that "auto fill".

While you're working on things, go ahead and have your mind checked out too.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#47737 Jan 6, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
More spin spin spin
Does not change the facts..........
Zim walks you cry
Little man, that won't make me cry.

The problem is your diminished mental capacity. You can't comprehend what others are saying to you, have said over and over and over and over. Yet, you still have no idea of what is being said.

You never say anything new, just the same thing over and over ad nauseam.

You live in your own little world and don't let reality enter into it.

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47738 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>HA!

You're so damn stupid till it's not funny anymore.

We're talking about at a SYG hearing.

He definitely will have to take the stand, you Idiot.

What the hell do you think a SYG hearing is? Didn't your daddy teach that to you? What about that retired judge?

You're so damn smart that you show us how smart you are...

STUPID SMART
Uhjjkg

How many times do I need to tell to you that it will never happen.........LOL

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47739 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>You need to work on that "auto fill".

While you're working on things, go ahead and have your mind checked out too.
Spin spin spin Zim walks you cry

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47740 Jan 6, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>Little man, that won't make me cry.

The problem is your diminished mental capacity. You can't comprehend what others are saying to you, have said over and over and over and over. Yet, you still have no idea of what is being said.

You never say anything new, just the same thing over and over ad nauseam.

You live in your own little world and don't let reality enter into it.
I hate to tell you but that is you..........

Have you posted any evidence that Zim committed any crime??????
NOPE

You say the a body...,,,,,,.LOL

I posted the law that shows the circumstances that you can uses deadly force..........

The beating Zim took is more than enough to be able to shoot the punk......

The law
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#47741 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>
In a Stand Your Ground hearing, the prosecution doesn't need to prove anything. The burden of proof is on Thug Zimmerman.
Didn't the "legal expert on the radio" tell you that?
Wrong. In the USA, the accused is considered innocent until proven guilty. That places the burden on the prosecution to provide evidence before the state that the accused is not innocent. When such evidence is presented in trial, it must be evidence that is is beyond a reasonable doubt. So far, I have not seen such evidence either in the media or by anybody here.

What you are suggesting is that the accused is guilty until he proves his innocence. That's not the way our legal system works.

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#47747 Jan 6, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
The troll has been doing the same thing every post here
She is so stupid that she claimed a list of evidential facts I posted from a statement the defense made not facts but only MY opinion..........LOL
One of the facts was that it is a gated community and the fool posted for days how the list was not fact..........
But when you ask the troll to prove it is not a gated community she reverts to duck and dodge then spin spin spin
Just because the defense said they were facts, do not actually make them facts. It's the defenses job to lie and manipulate to get a not guilty verdict. When you post their 'fact' list and call them actual facts, that makes it your opinion. It's your opinion that they are facts.

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47748 Jan 6, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>That's probably why the murderer will cancel the SYG hearing. He would have to testify.

You don't know that because you know nothing about Florida law, or law in any state for that matter.

Your little man friend isn't man enough to take the stand and subject himself to cross examination.

Since you know nothing about this case, having jumped in very late and not having the brains to read back, I'll tell you this: O'Mara asked the judge if Zimmerthugman could testify in court and not be cross examined by the state. Makes me laugh to think about it.

I hope you find that as funny as the rest of the world did.

You're just a little man with a little mind.
I have only told you a 100 times it will never happen..........LOL

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#47749 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Why are you such an angry person?
Loosen up. Go to the beach. Wade in the water. Soak up the sun. Enjoy life.
Moochelle's bestest friend, should take her own advice, and breathe in a gallon on that water....

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47750 Jan 6, 2013
do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>Just because the defense said they were facts, do not actually make them facts. It's the defenses job to lie and manipulate to get a not guilty verdict. When you post their 'fact' list and call them actual facts, that makes it your opinion. It's your opinion that they are facts.
You look at the list of facts and disprove even one..........

The physical evidence supports Zims story

Grass stains
911 tape
Injuries to the dead perps knuckles and no other injuries except for a point blank gun shot wound
Injuries to Zims face and head
Witnesses

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47751 Jan 6, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>I see that you neither understand the concept nor the legalities of a SYG hearing.

You are confusing a SYG hearing with a trial.

Better check your facts, they are wrong.
There is no law he must testify at a syg hearing..........LOL

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#47752 Jan 6, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I have only told you a 100 times it will never happen..........LOL
It probably won't but it was his attorney that asked for it and had it calendared, although the last time it was scheduled they backed out.

He's not man enough to tell the truth and take his punishment.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#47753 Jan 6, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
You have only posted a link and your opinion..........ROTFLMAO
lol! And that's been your standard answer for everything you disapprove, son!

It's the same monotonous, brainless, idiotic response you give.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#47754 Jan 6, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes go ahead and claim again that it is not a fact that it is a gated community..........ROTFLMAO
lol! Wow. And that's about all you can repeat.

Talk about a one trick pony son!

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47755 Jan 6, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>It probably won't but it was his attorney that asked for it and had it calendared, although the last time it was scheduled they backed out.

He's not man enough to tell the truth and take his punishment.
Yes Zim will not take the stand......

No law says he has to

The defense would have to have a lot more evidence for them to risk Zim on the stand

No if they have a video that would be different
Or even a few eye witnesses that will testify

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#47756 Jan 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And that's been your standard answer for everything you disapprove, son!
Takes one to know one, Yeahoo...

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47757 Jan 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And that's been your standard answer for everything you disapprove, son!

Post evidence that proves Zim broke any law..........LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packing pistols: Is Texas safer with more licen... (Jul '11) 3 hr Public farts 6
News One dead, three wounded in East Oakland shootings 3 hr Disgusted 2
News Gangs here but shouldn't be tolerated (Mar '10) 17 hr trust_noneeee 10
NBI PHILIPPINES - http://nbi.gov.ph (Nov '07) 19 hr Rodolfo ruiz III 206
News Santa Ana jury convicts two men of gang-related... (Jul '07) Wed vic 1,159
News Man shot in Delhi (May '14) Wed sunil 3
News Chief Keef Hologram Concert Shut Down By Police Jul 28 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
More from around the web