Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
38,221 - 38,240 of 65,624 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>And what source do you speak of? What selective facts? Facts are facts, they are not selective. Only assumptions and speculations are selective. Details are either selective or facts.

There are two events that took place that night that are in question: one is Zim running after Martin AFTER Martin took off first. Zimmerman did not chase him. The other event was separate; the attack that took place that led to the shooting.
It's all one event that ended with Thug Zimmerman killing the innocent child.

If you want to talk about a separate event, there's always the police investigation.

OR

Thug Zimmerman being charged with murder.

OR

Thug Zimmerman's first bail hearing...the one in which, well, you know...that thing him and wifey did, trying to pull one over on the judge.

OR

Thug Zimmerman raising blood money.

OR

The Hannity/ThugZimmerman/O'Mara Entertainment-Fundraising Hour

OR

The Thug being in hiding.

Take your pick. There's separate events all over the place.

BUT...one thing is sure...It was one event in which Thug Zimmerman killed child Trayvon. Many moving parts, but it was ONE event.

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget Zimmerman made sure he disconnected from LE before he chased Trayvon down.

And shot him to death.

He couldn't pass his criminal justice classes but he must have learned a little bit.
Yes, he learned a little.

But he forgot...

If you're not a cop, that BLUE LINE is mighty thick.

That's Criminal Justice 101.

No wonder he couldn't make it!

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

do unto others wrote:
Be Truthful, Zazz, and Yeah: I was reading a blog from a while ago, and someone brought up a good point. I'm interested in your all's insights...While Robert Zimmerman was defending Zimmerman, and retelling what Zimmerman told him (quotes and all), Robert never once mentioned Martin going for the gun. He said Martin saw the gun, and that's when he threatened Zimmerman's life, but he never said Zimmerman told him Martin reached for the gun.
That's interesting.

I'll look into that a bit more. If that's the case, that's damning to Thug Zimmerman's defense.

It may be one of the hurdles that "pro bono" O'Mara is having problems with, thus the continuances.

O'Mara is known to plead his clients. Maybe that's in the works too.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike wrote:
WHATS A TRAYVON?????
A murdered child. What9978 are you? How would you feel if your child was murdered?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

do unto others wrote:
Be Truthful, Zazz, and Yeah: I was reading a blog from a while ago, and someone brought up a good point. I'm interested in your all's insights...While Robert Zimmerman was defending Zimmerman, and retelling what Zimmerman told him (quotes and all), Robert never once mentioned Martin going for the gun. He said Martin saw the gun, and that's when he threatened Zimmerman's life, but he never said Zimmerman told him Martin reached for the gun.
Zimmerman should have stayed in his vehicle and not left with a loaded weapon to stalk Martin.

Especially since he claimed he was "scared."

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>I comprehend just fine. I've only been here less than a week.
Color is irrelevant to me I classify people more by intellegence and depth than color. I've read a few of your posts too.

Why You so racist against whites????
You mean you've only been on here a week under that profile.

I know. But you've been here much longer than that. Don't be shy. And, please, don't be a LIAR.

That's just not good. You know what I mean? Don't get started on the wrong foot. There is NOTHING in ANY post that I write, nor fiber in my being, that attests to me being racist against Whites.

Or any color, for that matter. I love diversity. It is simple to throw around such words. But it is only easy to attach them to those who are racist.

Stick around, those who are deserving of that are on here everyday. You shoulda been around during and before the election. They came out of the woodworks. But you already know that. I know.

You say color is irrelevant to you. That's a laugh. Since it is YOU who brought it up in at least one of your posts on here and you used it in a VERY derogatory way.

You don't need to be reading ANY of my posts. Your time would be better spent elsewhere. You need to be reading the posts in the Bible. They are known as scriptures.

I'm taking a moment to beseech you to not continue to go down the path of iniquity. It is a terrible path. Read the Bible. Go to church on Sunday. Talk with The Lord, even now.

He is forgiving and he is slow to anger.

I am mere mortal. I'm forgiving too. But don't push it. I'm slow to anger too. But once you've reached your limit with me...you'll wish you never knew me.

Now...

Hearken to the words of wisdom. If you do, you'll be alright. If you don't...then don't say I didn't warn you.

Ok. I hope my time haven't been wasted on you. You gonna be a good soldier and do the right thing?

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>Racist scumbag negro has the nerve to run for office after shooting 2 white boys in the back:

http://www.gazette.com/articles/council-14920...

A man convicted of being an accessory to murder in the 1997 shotgun slayings of two teen-age boys in Cheyenne Meadows is running for Colorado Springs City Council.

Read more..........
No hate crime here folks, move along, nothing to see..........
You can keep your links. No opening them from me.

No need for your nasty azz to bring me ANYTHING.

You are only my footstool, you Idiot.

You are a filthy nasty buzzard. How dare your putrid butt bring me ANYTHING?

Your posts are as unsightly as you are. Pigs in the filthiest sties are better than you could ever dream of being.

You think that one day you can post offensive, vulgar, ill-natured things to me and others and then the next day think we are buddy-buddy and we can talk about a matter?

YOU DAMN FOOL!

Gird yourself and run away from me as quickly and hurriedly as you possibly can!

RUN

AND RUN FAST!!!

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really believe that?

I learned alot of years ago if you show respect and courtesy to a cop they return it. If you come off like an asshole you gunna get thumped.

I just happen to know that from first hand experience. Some people though have to keep getting hit over and over with a 2x4 until it sinks in and some it never does.

It's what makes Cops on t.v. so entertaining, haa haa
Your experiences are just that...

YOUR experiences.

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>You must not have gotten your 1st 2013 paycheck yet have you?
Maybe you don't get a paycheck? But don't worry it won't be long until you see price increases at everything you look at.

It's what happens when those who sell merchandise to us and provide services for us. When either the economy goes down or their cost of business goes up,so do the prices.

Doesn't matter if your a Billionaire republican or a democrat getting a welfare check. It's a hell of a lot more than a hit on an income tax return ya know.
You post to me but you don't understand me. Let's see....

You responded to me with your post when I posted...

"God Bless Our President"

The Heavenly Father knew exactly what I meant. But you didn't.

You live in darkness...darkness of the mind.

Since you've decided to ignorantly interfere with a request that I make to The Lord when I say "God Bless our President," this is what I mean...

Lord Jesus, give our President Obama the wisdom, courage, perseverance and dedication to lead the people of the great land of America.

Let his life and work shine as a beacon of Hope to people of lands throughout the world.

Continue to mold him and shape him. We are clay in your hands, Holy One. Mold us all according to your will, your way.

The enemies of the President are all about him, seeking to trap him; to smear him; to undercut him. Lord, humble his enemies; make them his footstool. Soften their hearts so that they'll work with our President to help all Americans.

Lord, continue to instill in him the desire to see every American with a job that wants one; a desire in him to see that our seniors are cared for in the twilight of their lives; a desire to see to the welfare and safety of our children.

Lord Jesus, bless our President Obama to continue to look out for the women of our nation. Oh Lord, the women of America (and the world) bear a heavy burden. They are the nurturer of our children, yet we treat them so terribly bad. Give our President the continued presence to lift our up our women...

Whether it is in seeing them get equal pay for equal work or providing the proper medical care for their bodies without the intrusion of politicians or providing the tools to take care of their children and parents or the tools to separate women from violence...please Lord, bless our President.

Bless our President to set policies and guidelines to lead America forward to its best and brightest days.

Lord Jesus...we know that there is nothing impossible with You. Bless our President to make the impossible possible. Open doors, Jesus, for breakthroughs in Peace, breakthroughs in Bipartisanship, breakthroughs in employment, breakthroughs in the fiscal health of our nation, breakthroughs in the violence all about us.

Lord God, Bless our President. Bless his wife Michelle and bless their two lovely daughters. Bless his advisors and all those at the levers of power in our nation.

Thank You, Lord.

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
You post to me but you don't understand me. Let's see....
You responded to me with your post when I posted...
"God Bless Our President"
The Heavenly Father knew exactly what I meant. But you didn't.
You live in darkness...darkness of the mind.
Since you've decided to ignorantly interfere with a request that I make to The Lord when I say "God Bless our President," this is what I mean...
Lord Jesus, give our President Obama the wisdom, courage, perseverance and dedication to lead the people of the great land of America.
Let his life and work shine as a beacon of Hope to people of lands throughout the world.
Continue to mold him and shape him. We are clay in your hands, Holy One. Mold us all according to your will, your way.
The enemies of the President are all about him, seeking to trap him; to smear him; to undercut him. Lord, humble his enemies; make them his footstool. Soften their hearts so that they'll work with our President to help all Americans.
Lord, continue to instill in him the desire to see every American with a job that wants one; a desire in him to see that our seniors are cared for in the twilight of their lives; a desire to see to the welfare and safety of our children.
Lord Jesus, bless our President Obama to continue to look out for the women of our nation. Oh Lord, the women of America (and the world) bear a heavy burden. They are the nurturer of our children, yet we treat them so terribly bad. Give our President the continued presence to lift our up our women...
Whether it is in seeing them get equal pay for equal work or providing the proper medical care for their bodies without the intrusion of politicians or providing the tools to take care of their children and parents or the tools to separate women from violence...please Lord, bless our President.
Bless our President to set policies and guidelines to lead America forward to its best and brightest days.
Lord Jesus...we know that there is nothing impossible with You. Bless our President to make the impossible possible. Open doors, Jesus, for breakthroughs in Peace, breakthroughs in Bipartisanship, breakthroughs in employment, breakthroughs in the fiscal health of our nation, breakthroughs in the violence all about us.
Lord God, Bless our President. Bless his wife Michelle and bless their two lovely daughters. Bless his advisors and all those at the levers of power in our nation.
Thank You, Lord.
Amen!
Just beautiful.

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

<quoted text>
That's interesting.
I'll look into that a bit more. If that's the case, that's damning to Thug Zimmerman's defense.
It may be one of the hurdles that "pro bono" O'Mara is having problems with, thus the continuances.
O'Mara is known to plead his clients. Maybe that's in the works too.
I need to look into it more too. It was just something I hadn't thought of, or heard about before, even though his dad, brother, and friend were quite vocal in the beginning.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know. It's your claim.
As for the events, Zimmerman stalked Martin with a loaded weapon.
As for your proclaimed "attacked," we already know Zimmerman shot and killed Martin. Again, that's not in question.
And trust me, they are not "separate" as you claim.
It's not my claim, it's the law.

When a heated situation is over, it's over. You cannot use revenge as an excuse for a past incident. After Zim lost track of Martin, that situation ended, It did not give Martin any right to attack him later on.

If I get into a screaming match with my neighbor, I cannot come out the next day, punch him in the face and claim it was in self-defense. When we parted the previous day, that ended the event.

Zimmerman did not stalk Martin. He followed him for about ten seconds and stopped at the request of the dispatcher. To say he stalked Martin is no different than if I take a walk to the store and happen to be behind another pedestrian. That's not stalking, and Zim was never charged with it. Stalking and following are two entirely different things.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shrub inherited the best economy we had seen for decades. He gave his crones tax breaks and effed up the economy in untold ways and not only the USA suffered, the world economy suffered. Not to worry, Obama is leading us out of it.
http://metricmash.com/unemployment.aspx...
His cronies? That's not what DumBama said. DumBama kept the tax breaks for most of us--most of us as in those who got a Bush tax break. Taxes are now higher for the minority of those who received a tax break which are the wealthy. Most of the money in the tax breaks went to the middle-class.

When you have some time, I suggest you wiki or google "tech bubble" and learn a little more about the Clinton years.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's the poster who is selective with the facts he posts. Get it?
In a court of law, there are no selective facts. Facts are facts. They are all presented to the jury or judge as a foundation of a case.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first paragraph is almost correct.
The fact that Zimmerman chased Trayvon at all will be a turning point in the trial.
So Zimmerman took an action that was not illegal, and that will be the turning point of the trial? Is he being tried for following or murder?

Your side is putting way too much stock in that short ten second chase. But then again, that's all you have.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget Zimmerman made sure he disconnected from LE before he chased Trayvon down.
And shot him to death.
He couldn't pass his criminal justice classes but he must have learned a little bit.
No, he followed Martin while he was on the phone with 911 and stopped at the dispatchers request. As they continued to talk, that gave Martin more than ample time to leave the scene and just go home. Zimmerman didn't "disconnect" with 911. The call ended mutually by both parties and there was nothing more to say.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

<quoted text>
Your timetable is wholly and indisputably insufficient and lacking in key "undisputed facts".
You went from Thug Zimmerman "called 911" and straight to "After the attack".
HA
Don't you think you missed a few Facts? C'mon man, if you gonna put together a timetable of "undisputed facts," at least you can be more precise.
Ah yes, public education rearing it's ugly head again. Where did I state it was a timetable? I never said that. What I said is that it's a list of undisputed facts. What undisputed means is that neither side can deny those events took place. It's not debatable.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that, but he left his vehicle against NW rules, against LE monthly instructions and against the dispatcher saying "we don't need you to do that".
The jury will have no problem discerning his motive.
I wish one of you Martin supporters would take the time to listen to the 911 call before promoting your fallacies. Zimmerman left the car BEFORE the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that." It's very clear by the chiming inside of the car and the door slamming. HTF could the dispatcher tell Zimmerman not to do something that he wasn't doing at the time?
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> Zazz thinks dispatichers and 911 employees are sworn LEO's Cicilian employees do not have Law wenforcement authority. They can only suggest The caller has no obligation to follow their suggestions
That is true, but dispatchers do give information that the police tell them to give in certain situations.

What these people are trying to do is reinvent the story to fit their liking. It won't be reinvented in court. All the facts of the case will certainly prove that Martin (even if defending himself) went way beyond self-defense and into assault. As such, Zim was legally allowed to defend himself from assault. He was not defending himself against self-defense.

Had it just been a broken nose, okay, it's a long shot, but he could have been defending himself. Or they might assert that Zim didn't stop after his nose was broken and that led to the black eyes. But when witnesses and injuries show that Martin was pounding Zim's head into the cement, there are no doubts whether it was self-defense or assault.

So what it's going to boil down to is that ten second chase Zim gave after Martin ran. That's it. But that chase does not prove murder, assault or self-defense. It only proves that Zim ran after Martin for a few seconds and then stopped.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
First paycheck 2013, no change.
Expect the next one will not have the temporary 2% cut in payroll tax.
You can thank the conservatives in the House for the cut and Obama that it's only 2%.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••