Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66323 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#46027 Dec 30, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
But they do have a right to stop a forcible felony being committed against them which threatens to cause grievous bodily harm or possible death.
It's not one if they initiated the confrontation in the first place, son.

You can't switch sides of the law because you went from being the winner to the loser.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#46028 Dec 30, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather stupid to carry an unloaded one, just so we are clear.
Then using your argument, it's clear he knew he was taking a loaded weapon with an intent to use it, son.

Otherwise if you disagree, see your statement above!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#46029 Dec 30, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are easily discernible.
Not when people like you try to disguise, interpret and inject your opinions on them son.
downhill246

Taylor, TX

#46030 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot help you DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!
I certainly can't help if reading comprehension is not your forte.
downhill246

Taylor, TX

#46031 Dec 30, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Not when people like you try to disguise, interpret and inject your opinions on them son.
"While George Zimmerman could lawfully follow Trayvon Martin -- even if the police dispatcher told him not to he had no legal right to stop him, question him, or put his hands on him...."
Jon H Gutmacher ,Florida criminal defense lawyer

Let me repeat, there is no law against following someone and there is no law against carrying a concealed weapon with a permit. Which "fact" do you believe is incorrect, gramps?
downhill246

Taylor, TX

#46032 Dec 30, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then using your argument, it's clear he knew he was taking a loaded weapon with an intent to use it, son.
Otherwise if you disagree, see your statement above!
Why carry a loaded gun if you don't intend on using it if circumstances warrant it? Liberal logic and reality are often polar opposites and your post is a prime example of that fact.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#46033 Dec 30, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
"While George Zimmerman could lawfully follow Trayvon Martin -- even if the police dispatcher told him not to he had no legal right to stop him, question him, or put his hands on him...."
Jon H Gutmacher ,Florida criminal defense lawyer
Let me repeat, there is no law against following someone and there is no law against carrying a concealed weapon with a permit. Which "fact" do you believe is incorrect, gramps?
And this should borne out in court.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#46034 Dec 30, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why carry a loaded gun if you don't intend on using it if circumstances warrant it? Liberal logic and reality are often polar opposites and your post is a prime example of that fact.
lol! Oops! And not a change in wording "...if circumstances warrant it..."

You people keep moving the goal posts to make your point.
downhill246

Taylor, TX

#46036 Dec 30, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And this should borne out in court.
Seems logical that the law will be explained in court.
downhill246

Taylor, TX

#46037 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot help you DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

You are easy.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46038 Dec 30, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly can't help if reading comprehension is not your forte.
I'm not the one that thinks running three blocks and shooting a boy armed with a bag of candy in the chest is 'standing your ground'.
Cat74

Elgin, IL

#46039 Dec 30, 2012
You have every right to shoot a drugged up teen trying to attack you, and steal your gun. There was plenty of drugs found in the Autopsy of little Trayvon. He wasn't himself, I guess. Now he is nobody.

Location hidden

#46040 Dec 30, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are easy.
Hey George, the ocean called; they're running out of shrimp...
downhill246

Taylor, TX

#46041 Dec 30, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> It's not one if they initiated the confrontation in the first place, son.
You can't switch sides of the law because you went from being the winner to the loser.
Incorrect. If one is the initial aggressor but then retreats from confrontation(that never took place? like going back to his truck he can still claim SYG .He still has a right to defend himself from a forcible felony independent of the SYG law. Pays to own the Florida Firearms laws and Use book,7th edition, like I do, instead of guessing about the law, like you do.
heldebeast

France

#46042 Dec 30, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Oops! And not a change in wording "...if circumstances warrant it..."
You people keep moving the goal posts to make your point.
lol....punks like you always get the sh!t kicked out of em around here....lol....most people would just slap you like they'd slap their own out of control spoiled teenage children....lol....Most people don't live in the silly world, your world, they'd much prefer to just slap the sh!t out of your silly selves....lol.

I always get a kick out of it when the slapee always starts screaming bloody murder...lol.
downhill246

Taylor, TX

#46043 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the West Coast Flamer Shrimp is now an endangered species? Probably because same sex shrimp have a problem reproducing.

You are easy.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#46045 Dec 30, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. If one is the initial aggressor but then retreats from confrontation(that never took place? like going back to his truck he can still claim SYG .He still has a right to defend himself from a forcible felony independent of the SYG law. Pays to own the Florida Firearms laws and Use book,7th edition, like I do, instead of guessing about the law, like you do.
lol! Oh? So you're giving up on syg now?

Change of facts requires a change of plans on your part son?

Interesting.
rectomas ooze

Rock Hill, SC

#46047 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Barefoot!! How's it goin girlfriend.. How you doin baby? It's me Georgie.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#46048 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's half Hispanic and Hispanics are whites.
Here's the math: white plus white equals...
Still waiting for that explanation on why a sweat sweater would be suspicious clothing on a chilly evening.
Because in areas where blacks exist, hoodies are frequently used in crime. They cover your face so witnesses and cameras have a harder time identifying you. For those not committing a crime at the time, they wear them to look cool.

As I posted earlier, Zimmerman listed himself as Hispanic when he registered to vote. No different than the Mulatto and Chief being considered black.

Location hidden

#46049 Dec 30, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. If one is the initial aggressor but then retreats from confrontation(that never took place? like going back to his truck
The pedophile didn't go back to the truck and was not even going in the direction of the truck, he was going in the direction to intercept someone he thought would be on the sidewalk.

Of course this is very clear by looking at the map: the boy was on the sidewalk, the pedophile thug moving between the houses cutting across the yard violating the instructions of the police dispatcher.

The state of Florida has correct identified the cause of the confrontation is this sad sack college drop out cop wannabee over stepping his authority and shooting this boy armed only with a bag of candy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nikki Haley calls for removal of Confederate fl... 8 hr Mixed blood is toxic 17
News Charleston church shooting coverage criticized ... 8 hr Effects of Racism 424
News Public safety: Three people arrested after shoo... (May '08) Fri Jess 8
News Feds: San Francisco pier shooting suspect depor... Fri kev from michigan 1
News Confederate Controversy: Should schools and str... Fri iaintownedaslave 1
News 2 dead after shooting at Maple Grove McDonald's (Apr '09) Fri bystander 228
News Newtown still seeking 'normal' after Sandy Hook... Fri BetrayedAmerica 4
More from around the web