Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Ascendo Tuum

Palo Alto, CA

#42122 Nov 19, 2012
Mr Turd wrote:
<quoted text> Have you looked at the balance sheets? Do you know anything about that industry? I fkn get and so did all of the workers. Good luck finding a job. Job's aren't a right of passage. Do you drive an American made vehicle? LOL How many of the Union folk understand that? That big bad rich man!!!!!
Hey dumbazz, if there was enough money for the CEO to give himself and his cohorts an obscene raise... there was enough money to give the workers a pitance of a raise. Case closed.... bet the fcuking CEO got a bonus for falsely laying the blame at the feet of the unions.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#42124 Nov 19, 2012
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!....Who are you trying to sh!t?

You were screaming for Lee's head when this thing started!

Why would he lie?....Because he's a racist!...(your words, not mine).

Hey Crisco, share some of you expertise with us!

Why do all the enormously big fat hoÂ’s strut down the street wearing their obesity like a badge of honor, and wearing leg-gins that accentuate every ungodly bulge and unsightly globular ass/leg-cluster?

Are you all just trying to be funny?

Or are you trying to make us sick?
Whoaaaaaaa Nelly!

I'll disregard your personal insults, as they do not come close to describing me and also because you're just being you.

Yes, I believe that Mr. Lee failed in his job as chief. It doesn't mean that every word that comes from his mouth is not true or subject to scrutinization.

Based on his words, those of his department and my knowledge of the law and law enforcement procedures, I have concluded that ZimmerThug was NOT arrested on the night of the murder.

Oh, and please point to the post that I called Mr. Lee a racist.

Or are you just pulling that out of thin air?
The Turd

Columbus, OH

#42125 Nov 19, 2012
911 how may I help you? "I have a man following me" Does he have a weapon? "None that I can see" How far are you from home? " I can be home in a couple of minutes" O.K. You need to get right home while I stay with you on the telephone. Problem solved !!!!

Punk thought he was gonna beat some ash. Never bring a fist to a gun fight.

Truth's Door

#42129 Nov 19, 2012
The Turd wrote:
911 how may I help you? "I have a man following me" Does he have a weapon? "None that I can see" How far are you from home? " I can be home in a couple of minutes" O.K. You need to get right home while I stay with you on the telephone. Problem solved !!!!

Punk thought he was gonna beat some ash. Never bring a fist to a gun fight.
Didn't you leave out a few details?

Truth's Door

#42130 Nov 19, 2012
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!.....No,.... "YOU" still don't get it Fluffy!

It's not "YOUR" freaking company!

When you own it, then you can give yourself a raise.

Until then, STFU and get back to work!

You're burning daylight, you stupid basturd!

Didn't you momma tell you that if you want a good job get a good education?

Jagoff!
Why didn't you listen to you momma?
The Turd

Columbus, OH

#42132 Nov 19, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
unarmed boy.
This is a lie that bothers me. Treyvon was not a Boy !!!!!

Truth's Door

#42133 Nov 19, 2012
Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care about race. As long as a thug gets killed it's AOK. That's the only way to stop a gang banger. Let me pick and choose which photos and propaganda are released to the public and I'll make Manson look like a mistreated, innocent child.
The fact of the matter is this, as it pertains to this case:

Trayvon should not have been murdered, as he was minding his own business. ZimmerThug took it upon himself to be detective, street cop, prosecutor, judge and jury.

Now he must face what he didn't offer his victim: REAL JUSTICE

Truth's Door

#42134 Nov 19, 2012
Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care about race. As long as a thug gets killed it's AOK. That's the only way to stop a gang banger. Let me pick and choose which photos and propaganda are released to the public and I'll make Manson look like a mistreated, innocent child.
Zimmerman is the thug.
The Turd

Columbus, OH

#42135 Nov 19, 2012
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a single detail. That's how that should have went down. Thugs don't think about avoiding a conflict. Treyvon was going to take care of business. Should have went straight home. Treyvon wanted to make a point and he got his wish. All of the crime going on and this is news? It's propaganda for the advanced on the democratic platation. They gonna keep yall in chains.
The Turd

Columbus, OH

#42136 Nov 19, 2012
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you promise to do some homework on 1992 GSE act?

Truth's Door

#42138 Nov 19, 2012
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>As long as the majority of African Americans refuse to accept personal responsibility, their children will continue to be born out of wedlock.

As long as blacks continue to ignore the fact that 75% of their children are being born out of wedlock, they will commit a disproportionate amount of crime in this country.

As long as blacks continue to commit a disproportionate amount of crime they will continue to be scorned and held up to contempt and ridicule.

Any questions, numbnut?
Day in and day out...

Black this, Black that, Black this, Black that, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Do you have a Black mom who treats you like a red-headed step-child?

Did you get passed over for a promotion in favor of a Black person?

Did the Blacks in your area run away the KKK?

Did a Black man impregnate your mother or sister or daughter?

Did a Black person give you CPR?

Did you get beaten by a Black person on the final showcase of The Price Is Right?

Why all the hate? Is there any other group you can direct your hate towards (besides your other favs, White liberals)?

If you can't think of any other group who have brought disdain to this nation, let me know. I can roll quite a few off the tip of my tongue. And not nary a one involves the color of their skin.

But that just might be out of your realm to even think. Sorry I brought it up, as it must give you a migraine to try to think.

sage won

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#42150 Nov 19, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
That's contrary to the credible facts. Zimmerman first interrupted Martin who was minding his own business and not bothering anyone and not disobeying any laws and but for that wrongful act by George nothing happens.
No, it doesn't,Zimmerman never "interrupted" Martin, Martin followed Zimmerman back to his car, confronted and then violently and illegally assaulted Zimmerman, forcing him to legally shoot him to stop the assault.

Zimmerman did nothing wrong, or illegal. This case was instigated by the public, namely the race baiters like Al"7 dead jews" Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and the implied threat of black violence.

I would have shot him the moment he got in my face.

sage won

“life under BO”

buena vista

#42151 Nov 19, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
That's contrary to the credible facts. Zimmerman first interrupted Martin who was minding his own business and not bothering anyone and not disobeying any laws and but for that wrongful act by George nothing happens.
I don't know florida law well, i do know that the state has not even presented prima facia evidence that a crime was committed. Just because the prosecuter comes into court saying this and that is meaningless. Proof is required, they haven't presented any.

"Harvard University law professor Alan Dershowitz appeared on MSNBC’s Hardball where fill-in host Michel Smerconish asked him his opinions of the arrest warrant issued and carried out for alleged Trayvon Martin murderer, George Zimmerman. Dershowitz called the affidavit justifying Zimmerman’s arrest “not only thin, it’s irresponsible.” He went on to criticize the decision to charge Zimmerman for second degree murder by special prosecutor Angela Corey as being politically motivated.

“You’ve seen the affidavit of probable cause. What do you make of it,” Smerconish asked.“It won’t suffice,” Dershowitz replied without hesitation.

“Most affidavits of probable cause are very thin. This is so thin that it won’t make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge,” Dershowitz said.“There’s simply nothing in there that would justify second degree murder.”

Dershowitz said that the elements that would constitute that crime are non-existent in the affidavit.“It’s not only thin, it’s irresponsible,” said Dershowitz.

Dershowitz went on to strongly criticize Corey’s decision to move forward with the case against Zimmerman.“I think what you have here is an elected public official who made a campaign speech last night for reelection when she gave her presentation and overcharged. This case will not – if the evidence is no stronger than what appears in the probable cause affidavit – this case will result in an acquittal.”

Smerconish identified the total lack of any mention of the supposed fight that occurred between Martin and Zimmerman prior to Martin being shot. He said he was disappointed that he did not see any mention of that conflict that led to Martin’s murder.

“But it’s worse than that,” said Dershowitz.“It’s irresponsible and unethical in not including material that favors the defendant.”

“This affidavit does not even make it to probable cause,” Dershowitz concluded.“everything in the affidavit is completely consistent with a defense of self-defense. Everything.”

sage won

“life under BO”

buena vista

#42152 Nov 19, 2012
This entire case is crap, a legal lynching solely because this thug Martin was black.

sage won

“life under BO”

buena vista

#42153 Nov 19, 2012
hahahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like the wigger in the car almost ran down the guy with his dog and he was telling him off. The wigger only knows violence and killed him for challenging his wiggerness.
Pretty much the way I see it. 2 systems of justice, one for the rest of us one for blacks.

sage won

“life under BO”

buena vista

#42154 Nov 19, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Interfering with Martin's right to exercise his liberty and freedom in a law-abiding way without being harrassed for the way he looks or for the way he dresses, or because of what he looks at or how he looks at something.
You're wrong, Zimmerman never interfered with Martins abilities to do anything.

What you're claiming is that no one has a right to be suspicious of black people. Who in this instance fit the profile of those who had been victimizing the neighborhood.

If I go to a gated neighborhood any resident can ask me what I'm doing there.

sage won

“life under BO”

buena vista

#42155 Nov 19, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
Walking on a sidewalk and looking toward houses and someones window is not cause to harrass a person. It could just as easy be true that Martin prevented Zimmerman from burglarizing someones house and Martin may have believed that Martin was infringing on his territory where the crime is done by George.
The volunteer neighborhood watch guy was going to commit a burglary? Martin didn't live there, he had no right to question anyone off his dad's girlfriends' property. he was a nobody there. Zimmerman was not.

sage won

“life under BO”

buena vista

#42156 Nov 19, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
...Is that reason for Martin to attack and beat someone?<<<
That's what the Court is gonna determine, whether Martin had a right to self-defense and if so to what degree.
You can't follow someone, confront them, assault them and claim self defense.

you're trying to convince us that if I turn around and see you behind me I'm justified in assaulting you.

sage won

“life under BO”

buena vista

#42157 Nov 19, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Should read Zimmerman may have believed that Martin was closing in on his stealing.
preposterous sophistry, not even you could believe that.

sage won

“life under BO”

buena vista

#42158 Nov 19, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Should read Zimmerman may have believed that Martin was closing in on his stealing.
There's already evidence Martin was a thief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Obama addressed 'many sides' after Dallas p... 12 min Who Threw First P... 24
News Police: Lincolnton man shot wife in head (May '13) 13 hr wondering 7
News Lifetime Is Making a TV Movie about Robert Durs... 14 hr Tex- 7
News Many Allentown homicides unsolved (Jun '09) 16 hr weaponX 95
News Sheriff investigates second homicide in two days 16 hr Incognito 2
News The Latest: Man accused of driving car had raci... Tue raphan of khazaria 1
News Saskatoon writers' group pens concerns about ra... Tue whitey 1
More from around the web