Duffield inmate indicted on capital murder charge

Jul 11, 2012 Full story: TriCities.com 14

Shannon Bellamy, 21, of Gate City, Va., is accused of killing fellow inmate, Jeffery Kilgore, 42, of Wise, Va., in April.

Full Story
gcb

Highlands, NC

#1 Jul 12, 2012
He wasn't the only person fighting that guy. there was another guy who hit him in the head that killed that guy. Shannon just took the fall for it.
Christa

Duffield, VA

#2 Sep 4, 2012
I dont like that Shannon is getting charged with it and gonna go down when he could have been out in 3 years, but they have different angles of video from the incident and they obviously reviewed it and had enough to charge him. I wish that it wouldnt have been him that did it but what can we do? I know Shannon and his family and I know this is very hard on him. Ive never known Shannon to be violent as long as I have known him and his family and I personally think that they should appeal it. The truth will come out eventually....I PRAY!!!!!
Vallesa Howard

Comstock Park, MI

#3 Sep 9, 2012
Christa wrote:
I dont like that Shannon is getting charged with it and gonna go down when he could have been out in 3 years, but they have different angles of video from the incident and they obviously reviewed it and had enough to charge him. I wish that it wouldnt have been him that did it but what can we do? I know Shannon and his family and I know this is very hard on him. Ive never known Shannon to be violent as long as I have known him and his family and I personally think that they should appeal it. The truth will come out eventually....I PRAY!!!!!
Shannon who? is it the one I know?
Christa

Duffield, VA

#4 Sep 9, 2012
His name is Shannon Bellamy. He lived in Gate City with his mom and sister. I dont know if you knew him or not V.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#6 Jan 5, 2013
Shannon is an amazing man... js
blue oyster

Duffield, VA

#7 Jan 7, 2013
yourfriend423 wrote:
Shannon is an amazing man... js
Yeah, obviously. All amazing men are charged with murder, right?

Since: Jan 13

United States

#8 Jan 7, 2013
Guess u dnt know the whole story
knowhim

Coeburn, VA

#9 Jan 7, 2013
I would open my door for Shannon any time day or night. HE IS A GOOD PERSON. He made mistakes but when the whole truth comes out everyone will see. Shannon has my support and love no matter the outcome. he went to school with my kids and I watched him grow up and know many struggles he went thru that not many people know. I pray that everyone sees that Shannon is not the monster the press lets on he is.
wth

Jonesville, VA

#10 Jan 7, 2013
Shannon was charged with carnal knowledge of a child? How old was the child? It didn't say statutory rape. That in itself is awful.
kilgore bros

Kingsport, TN

#11 Jan 7, 2013
Why is he charged with capital murder? It took place in Duffield didn't it? More waist of tax payer money!
Parlier021

Madison, TN

#12 Jan 21, 2014
Shannon was my cousin and I know for a fact he didn't do the cause of what happened. Shannon is a good dude and would do anything foe anybody. The surveillance needs to be checked and watched carefully over and over.. Shannon wouldn't do anything like that and I believe it when you said he took the fall for it (gcb).. I would fight the charge all I can, but we all love you Shannon, I love you man and I pray for you everyday!! As soon as I get the chance I'ma write you.. I hope your doin okay, and god is always with you..

Since: Mar 14

Roanoke, VA

#14 Mar 23, 2014
Christa wrote:
.. Shannon an Dayshia are my brother an sister.. It didn't happen the way the jail is saying
TruStory

Roanoke, VA

#15 Mar 23, 2014
Parlier021 wrote:
Shannon was my cousin and I know for a fact he didn't do the cause of what happened. Shannon is a good dude and would do anything foe anybody. The surveillance needs to be checked and watched carefully over and over.. Shannon wouldn't do anything like that and I believe it when you said he took the fall for it (gcb).. I would fight the charge all I can, but we all love you Shannon, I love you man and I pray for you everyday!! As soon as I get the chance I'ma write you.. I hope your doin okay, and god is always with you..
They was horse playing an water was involved.. It was an accident.. Shannon an the guy was actually friends
close friend of shannon

Nashville, TN

#16 Jun 4, 2014
Shannon is a really good person. Anybody that knows him knows he is. When I heard the news it shocked me. He is only 22 years old. He had no intention killing that man. So what a fight goes wronge. Its not like he meant to kill him. I don't know the real story. But I know he wouldn't do something like that meaningfully. I pray that god gives him a second chance. Hes too young and to much of a good person to be locked in a cage for the rest of his life or the death penalty. Anybody that says any different is ignorant and does not know him personally. Put your self in his shoes. How would you feel being his age, getting into an altercation jail, then being told your either gonna be executed or locked in a cage for the rest of your life? Over an altercation! I can't engine what he is going theough. But I will be praying for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Video footage sought in Hillary trial 4 hr hgg 51
Mayfield up for parole for 1985 murder (Mar '09) 4 hr Here Is One 958
MSHP: 4 of 7 victims in Texas Co. shootings wer... 6 hr Guest 1
DA requests hearing in double-homicide case (Aug '08) 8 hr executioners 9
Anniston man arrested on capital murder charges... Fri pss4557 1
Post a Comment (Feb '10) Thu rockyraj 5
Husband, Wife Die In Apparent Murder-Suicide (Jan '07) Thu tellinitlikeitis 18
More from around the web