Chicago takes leading role in national gun debate

Feb 1, 2013 Full story: WLNE-TV Providence

They are counting the dead from gunfire again in Chicago, a city awash in weapons despite having one of the strictest gun-control ordinances in the nation.

Full Story

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Feb 2, 2013
Gun control bans are to do the same thing over and over and expect different results, Einstein was wrong...
whats up here

Morehead, KY

#2 Feb 2, 2013
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I hear you don't need a AK-47 to hunt with or no one needs an assault weapon all the time. The second amendment doesn't seem to me to be about hunting. When I think of militia I think of assault weapons.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed" ???? How can we talk of speak of gun control without doing away with the second amendment? Just an honest observation of what is written in the second amendment.
Rod Parr

Dryden, Canada

#3 Feb 2, 2013
Chicago looks like the model child of Gun Control. If you want to know what that future looks like, look no further, gangs and criminals abound. Try crime control before you go for the guns of the law abiding. A lot to be learned from Canada. We have strict gun controls and it hasn't affected crime in any good manner. We also have a guy (Ian Thomson) whose home was fire bombed while he slept, he quickly unlocked his gun and gathered separately stored ammo and fired warning shots to scare the people trying to harm him away and was charged with firearms offenses. The Crown would rather have had him burned alive or beaten/killed upon escaping his home than to defend himself. Do learn well from Canada what NOT to do when it comes to gun control, I implore you, no I beg you.
whats up here

Morehead, KY

#4 Feb 2, 2013
Rod Parr wrote:
Chicago looks like the model child of Gun Control. If you want to know what that future looks like, look no further, gangs and criminals abound. Try crime control before you go for the guns of the law abiding. A lot to be learned from Canada. We have strict gun controls and it hasn't affected crime in any good manner. We also have a guy (Ian Thomson) whose home was fire bombed while he slept, he quickly unlocked his gun and gathered separately stored ammo and fired warning shots to scare the people trying to harm him away and was charged with firearms offenses. The Crown would rather have had him burned alive or beaten/killed upon escaping his home than to defend himself. Do learn well from Canada what NOT to do when it comes to gun control, I implore you, no I beg you.
The bad thing about the changes being proposed now is they would not have prevented the school or theater shootings. It is against the law to murder people and when these people do murder at random what makes anyone think they will abide by gun laws? Has gun control in Chicago or Washington D.C. made the cities crime free?
joey

Livonia, LA

#5 Feb 2, 2013
chiago has more gun laws and more crime than most any place else!obamas love town is a killing disaster and people act like they are to stupiod to know why!his ex right hand man emanuelle is mayor there so chi town should be great?with chiago leading in killings they should be advisors on gun control?the people in the usa are too scared about being politically correct to tell the truth about crime!chiago could only tell what doesent work and thats the extent of their knowledge!!!heaven forbid if someone would say minority thugs, uncontrolled had anything to do with crime rate!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pittsfield man indicted on murder charge in fat... 2 hr Praxis33 4
Prosecutor: Some Ferguson witnesses clearly lied 3 hr Justice for All 1
Garvin Guilty Of Triple Murder (Jan '11) 10 hr nunya 21
Six Shootings in 12 Hours Leave One Dead, Many ... 11 hr zeb 3
Coroner's inquest clears Darby marshal in fatal... (Jul '06) 15 hr sweetleaf 5
Rockwall justice of peace convicted in capital ... 15 hr Watching 2
Gang related shooting leaves West Valinda man dead (Jul '09) Thu Killamunati 257
More from around the web