West Plains student is charged with threatening to shoot students, teacher at high school

Dec 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KSPR

WEST PLAINS, Mo. -- A high school student is accused of telling other students and a teacher that he liked to pretend to be Hitler and threatening to bring guns to school and kill people.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
aur56

Aurora, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Well, this kid just made bail..Shame on his parents,he should have been left in jail through the holidays till trial..Good lesson these parents taught this kid, commit crime and we'll get you out and give you Christmas gifts too...A threat is a dangerous thing to do. These parents should be ashamed of their slack parenting..get a backbone and teach this kid something.Leave him in jail till trial. He made his bed ,he should lie in it.
very concerned parent

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

aur56 wrote:
Well, this kid just made bail..Shame on his parents,he should have been left in jail through the holidays till trial..Good lesson these parents taught this kid, commit crime and we'll get you out and give you Christmas gifts too...A threat is a dangerous thing to do. These parents should be ashamed of their slack parenting..get a backbone and teach this kid something.Leave him in jail till trial. He made his bed ,he should lie in it.
Exactly! I cant believe the judge aallowed bail! The judge is slacking too! Why would the judge let him out on bail to go carry out his threats too kill everyone especially knowing he knows where the teacher lives and that he has already threatened to kill her family in front of her!
Kincheloe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Did you ever think that maybe the kids just Melvin he didn't mean it and you don't realize how serious his axe are you still just a kid he don't know what he's doing
Gretchen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

I too feel that this teen was mad and just ventilated out his anger. He probably never dreamed his words would bring on all the trouble it has. People get upset every day. We all have said stuff we don't me. My neighbors got a divorce last summer. The wife got mad at her husband and told him not to come out to the house for his stuff or she would kill him. He then call the wp police department they told him it was a civil matter. Same story just different people.
OMGStupidPeople

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Gretchen wrote:
I too feel that this teen was mad and just ventilated out his anger. He probably never dreamed his words would bring on all the trouble it has. People get upset every day. We all have said stuff we don't me. My neighbors got a divorce last summer. The wife got mad at her husband and told him not to come out to the house for his stuff or she would kill him. He then call the wp police department they told him it was a civil matter. Same story just different people.
It doesn't matter if he was just upset or didn't mean to say it, idiot! He threatened the life of others, and that should NEVER be taken lightly! I hope he gets the psychological help he needs, and I hope his parents realize how ignorant they are for bailing his sorry little butt out! He deserves to sit in jail until his trial and shouldn't be out roaming the damn streets! He's an ADULT and doesn't deserve pity. He knew exactly what he was doing. He told West Plains Police Department he liked pretending to be Hitler! That's not funny nor excusable. So don't give me the bull sh-t "He was upset, he didn't mean it." God have mercy on your ignorant soul.
very concerned parent

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Thats totally different! This boy went into detail of how he was going to kill everyone and his teacher and how he would kill his teachers family in front of her! He also had been telling in class how he would like to be hitler and kill everyone! He obviously had thought it all out! That is called premeditated! This boy obviously is very disterbed and needs to be locked up not counting he also needs mental help!
Gretchen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

What he said was wrong and certainly upsetting. I also know this same situation has happened to my neighbors and not a thing was done. The school is making an example out of this boy. Pray for me all your little heart desires. You're the ones place in judgment upon everyone. The high school wanted to blow the rumors of shooting off. then when they found someone to blame they just ran with it!
The kid may have depression. Pray for him and his family.
WOW

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Gretchen wrote:
What he said was wrong and certainly upsetting. I also know this same situation has happened to my neighbors and not a thing was done. The school is making an example out of this boy. Pray for me all your little heart desires. You're the ones place in judgment upon everyone. The high school wanted to blow the rumors of shooting off. then when they found someone to blame they just ran with it!
It's reasoning like this that get people killed. Do you know how many of these shootings have occured because people "ignored" or "didn't think they'd actually do it"? MOST OF THEM! With the shooting last week and how pathetic people are (teens included) to be copycats, threats like this can't be thrown aside. He IS GUILTY of everything he was arrested for. I do not feel sorry for this boy. He made his bed, he can sleep in it. Whether he was going to follow through or not, he can take this as a lesson learned! I'm proud of them for arresting him and making an example out of him. It's about time someone did! The only thing I disagree with is allowing him bond. Just because nothing happened with your neighbor and their divorce doesn't mean this boy wasn't serious with his threats. By the way, they didn't just find someone to blame. They took a situation where he MADE A THREAT to many people, including a teacher and her family. How would you feel if it was your family he threatened. Or if the school knew of this threat, yet didn't do anything and he followed through? I think you'd be singing an entirely different tune right now. Most of the teens that were involved in school shootings or killing anyone in general is because "they were mad at someone".Food for though.
WOW

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

OMGStupidPeople wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if he was just upset or didn't mean to say it, idiot! He threatened the life of others, and that should NEVER be taken lightly! I hope he gets the psychological help he needs, and I hope his parents realize how ignorant they are for bailing his sorry little butt out! He deserves to sit in jail until his trial and shouldn't be out roaming the damn streets! He's an ADULT and doesn't deserve pity. He knew exactly what he was doing. He told West Plains Police Department he liked pretending to be Hitler! That's not funny nor excusable. So don't give me the bull sh-t "He was upset, he didn't mean it." God have mercy on your ignorant soul.
Completely AGREE! When it comes to people threatening innocent lives, it shouldn't be taken lightly. Especially with all the pathetic people out there trying to play copycat to what happened in Newtown.
very concerned parent

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

He had it all planned out! Thats called premeditated! He even knew his teachers address to blurt out to her right before threatening to kill her family in front of her! He was serious!
Ouch

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Better safe than sorry!
Gretchen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

My daughter was bullied by several girls at the high school. They said things along the same line as this boy did to his teacher. Do you think they did anything about it? We have had to move schools because the school wouldn't do anything.
very concerned parent

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Gretchen wrote:
My daughter was bullied by several girls at the high school. They said things along the same line as this boy did to his teacher. Do you think they did anything about it? We have had to move schools because the school wouldn't do anything.
That explains why you think this boy should just be slapped on the wrist and sent home so he can go back to the school and make good on his threats to kill everyone then. What this boy said to his teacher was exactly that said to a teacher! I know its not exactly right but they tend to not trust just the word of one student cause they have to have witnesses but when it was said directly to the teacher and the whole class (all his classmates) thats totally different! Thats LOTS of witnesses!
aur56

Aurora, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Gretchen wrote:
Well, if he's just mad ,maybe he'll have learned a valuable about controlling yourself.Getting him out of jail was mistake,huge mistake. Any kid talking about Hitler and killing people should be taken seriously, they've now taught him that he'll have almost no consequences for opening his big mouth.Shame on the justice system and his parents.
aur56

Aurora, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Gretchen wrote:
I don't care if this kid is depressed, I can assure you when he killed his teacher and her family, his depression would matter very little in the long run.The school should make an example of him...slack parenting...they learn this stuff at home
very concerned parent

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Gretchen wrote:
Your daughter was threatend to this extent? http://www.kspr.com/news/ky3-west-plains-stud...
very concerned parent

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

He will have a long prison sentence to sit and think about it! According to the KSPR news website if convicted he will receive a 7yr sentence for the first charge and a 4yr sentence for the second charge. He will have lots of time to think about it! I just hope he gets the mental help he needs while hes in there!
mel

Forsyth, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Gretchen wrote:
You know what? You get what you sow! Quit blaming others for your misfortunes, and take responsibiliy for your own actions! Your child is only doing what you have taught them and what they have seen you do. Stop making excuses for bad behavior!
Gretchen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Being bullied is what I taught her? How? She was a victim!
Realize Something

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

He's not yet a convicted felon. He is still eligible for at least a few weeks to purchase a firearm. All he has to do is come up with some money, go to WalMart and buy what ever he can afford. So no, this problem is far from over or even close to being under control.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Violent Crime Forum right now

Search the Violent Crime Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Warrick prosecutor files charges against murder... 5 hr Craig 20
Teen's shooting leads to gang sweep in Hainesville (Jun '12) 9 hr Village wanderer 6
Antioch: Shooting near Delta View Apartments wo... 10 hr muh dik 9
Murder-suicide orphans nine 12 hr Rs Facebook Reporter. 1
One dead in machinery accident after falling in... 13 hr John 2
Six Shootings in 60 Hours Worry Long Beach Offi... 13 hr LB Reader 1
Family of Three Including Toddler Murdered in F... (Mar '12) 13 hr Tony L 22
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••