"Too Politically Sensitive," A Book By A True American Hero

May 27, 2009 Full story: Advance Indiana 215

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 True American heroes are easy to find if you just look for them.

Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Dinosaur

Springfield, IL

#1 May 27, 2009
I don't think this story is over yet. Look forward to more chapters which are sure to come.
Paris Man

Warrenville, IL

#2 Jun 4, 2009
I am hoping this book will kick the ISP into doing a real investigation. It is time we find out who the real killers are in this situation.
ashley

Catlin, IL

#3 Jun 15, 2009
i don't think callahan is in the wrong illinois state police need to get there head out of there asses and do i real investagation and find out who is killin all these inicent people.
Marshall girl

Marshall, IL

#4 Jul 4, 2009
I just regret that I didn't make it to his appearance at the library. I read this book, told my 15 yr old about it and she is now reading it. So far my opinion is that the ISP has become just as corrupt as our state government and that there is no hope for it short of firing ALL their leadership and starting over with people from out of state.
Dinosaur

Springfield, IL

#5 Jul 6, 2009
Marshal girl. Wake up. You are buying into these allegations without having any knowledge of what the flip side might be saying. Truth is, they are keeping tight lipped because they probably do not want to draw more attention to a bad book by a delusional twerp. I strongly suspect a flip side will appear and then make your judgements based on ALL of the information, not merely a one sided agenda filled version.
Dumbe Blonde

Muncie, IN

#6 Jul 6, 2009
Dinosaur wrote:
Marshal girl. Wake up. You are buying into these allegations without having any knowledge of what the flip side might be saying. Truth is, they are keeping tight lipped because they probably do not want to draw more attention to a bad book by a delusional twerp. I strongly suspect a flip side will appear and then make your judgements based on ALL of the information, not merely a one sided agenda filled version.
We know what the "flip side" had been saying for years. Maybe YOU need to wake up. Or at least get your vision and hearing corrected...

Too bad many of us were so naive and based our judgements on the one-sided agenda-filled version that the ISP told.
Get real

Italy

#7 Jul 8, 2009
Dumbe Blonde wrote:
<quoted text>
We know what the "flip side" had been saying for years. Maybe YOU need to wake up. Or at least get your vision and hearing corrected...
Too bad many of us were so naive and based our judgements on the one-sided agenda-filled version that the ISP told.
your name says it all
Observer

Muncie, IN

#8 Jul 8, 2009
So, they called in the Familia, eh?
Pinky

Portland, OR

#9 Aug 8, 2009
Most people from Paris have always known that Randy and Herb were not guilty. They also knew who was behind the murders and suspected who carried them out. Unfortunately, people felt (and still feel) powerless in this situation. It's good to see that there are still people who will put everything on the line for the truth.
Marshall girl

Marshall, IL

#10 Aug 15, 2009
Dinosaur, I have grown up and lived in this area all my life. These "allegations" are true. Granted, I have no dogs in this fight but knowing the people and families that are involved in this? Yes, I believe what is being said about that State Police district and Paris cops. Every district has it's sphincters but this one is one of the worse ones. Even though we are supposed to believe people to be innocent until proven guilty it really doesn't work that way in daily life. These parties will have to be proven innocent before I dismiss the Callahan book allegations. You don't need to wake up but perhaps you need to widen your eyes a little bit.
cooter

Mattoon, IL

#11 Aug 15, 2009
Dinosaur----What flip side??---that was the side that they used to convict these two men. It obviously was full of holes since they were finally released. It took someone like Callahan with a definite sense of right and wrong to keep pushing this. I applaud him for the work he has done and wish him well in his case against the state.
diesel

Danville, IL

#12 Aug 17, 2009
cooter wrote:
Dinosaur----What flip side??---that was the side that they used to convict these two men. It obviously was full of holes since they were finally released. It took someone like Callahan with a definite sense of right and wrong to keep pushing this. I applaud him for the work he has done and wish him well in his case against the state.
Maybe Randy and Herbie should take the lie detector test they have refused for so many years-guess they won't because they are guilty
Dinosaur

Springfield, IL

#13 Aug 17, 2009
From what I understand...polygraphs are merely a tool. Knowing they cannot be used in court lets one assume they are not totally reliable. They merely give indication of decption. As far as this crime, I'm sure neither GRS or HRW will ever complicate their lawsuits with taking a polygraph. This thing is not about the truth. It is all about the money. That goose that lays the golden egg at the end of the rainbow. The truth is two kids were killed viciously and the killers are NOT being punished. As far as this Callahan, anyone can beleive what they choose. His book is merely an angry lashout at everyone he feels was against him. It has a small amount of merit but trust me when I say, he is delusional. In time more of this case will come to light. Then again, choose freely what you believe.
corrections employee

Gold Canyon, AZ

#14 Aug 26, 2009
Dinosaur and Diesel, I have worked as an agent in Illinois Corrections for many years and have known many inmates that have come through from the Paris area. I also am friends with many state police officers, parole agents, and local police officers from this area, retired and still working. Corrections is a very corrupt department as well as the State Police, we work together quite a bit. I just don't believe Callahan's allegations, I know they are truth without a doubt. What really saddens me is the fact that a lot of these people that I work with and know from the law enforcement field had something to do with the case, and I never in my life thought that some of them would go to these great lengths to cover this up. I just don't know what to think anymore!
Gumshoe

Des Moines, IA

#15 Sep 1, 2009
Corrections man...or lady. It is apparent you are a loyal follower of Sir Callahan. Is there any way you would consider telling more, such as the people you claim to know which are involved in a cover up? Your last statement, I just don't know what to think anymore. YOU NEVER DID. You are a follower, not a leader. The two entities, IDOC and ISP are not corrupt, they merely screw up from time to time and hire people like you and Callahan.
I noticed

Muncie, IN

#16 Sep 1, 2009
Gumshoe wrote:
Corrections man...or lady. It is apparent you are a loyal follower of Sir Callahan. Is there any way you would consider telling more, such as the people you claim to know which are involved in a cover up? Your last statement, I just don't know what to think anymore. YOU NEVER DID. You are a follower, not a leader. The two entities, IDOC and ISP are not corrupt, they merely screw up from time to time and hire people like you and Callahan.
I think (s)he doth protest too much.

corrections employee has obviously hit a nerve!
Gumshoe

United States

#17 Sep 5, 2009
I should have been a cop. My opinion is it's not an either/or proposition concerning HW, RS, and BM. These three can be shown as associates along with several others both dead and alive. There will be more foundation which implicates the two original boys and others. I still feel the corrections employee is a follower of the delusional. I read that guys book. Is that pure rage talking? I bet he was a spoiled little terd(sp) growing up prone to temper tantrums.
tri

Moline, IL

#18 Sep 6, 2009
Dinosaur wrote:
I don't think this story is over yet. Look forward to more chapters which are sure to come.
In the book "Too politically sensitive", the author mentions that Tommy Martin was previously a State Trooper before leaving to go to the Douglas County Sherriff's office. The author never mentions that Mr. Martin was shot, but does mention doing work investigating a Sherriff's deputy's murder during a robbery.

Mr Martin name was brought up in the book though, because he actually had the murder scene photo's of the Dyke and Karen Rhodes murder checked out from the crime lab for 3 years. When the author of the book (Callahan) went to the crime lab to check out the photos, the photos were missing. Martin claimed at the time that they were missing when he checked them out, but for some reason, he did not tell anyone.

Apparently Martin got the job as a deputy from one of his friends, the sherriff, who was a previously ISP detective who was very involved in the Rhodes murder case...

I heard all the DNA results in the Chrisman case disappeared? http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chrisman-il/T...
Gumshoe

Rochelle, IL

#19 Sep 7, 2009
Tommy, AKA TK Martin. I knew him well. He was not a state trooper. He was hired directly from the Paris Police to be a CSI and a fine one he was. Tommy had nothing to do with the original investigation. Gary Knight handled those duties. Knight was also a fine CSI. Now he was a trooper first. Charlie McGrew was the general crimes supervisor but in my research he was not involved in the investigation. The so called missing photos which Callahan tries to paint as part of his alleged ongoing conspiracy were actually already turned over to the Attorney Generals Office at the time they were "missing." They were never missing, merely a communication glitch. Martin was a dedicated policeman who gave his LIFE trying to protect others. Callahan paints TK with suspect. Callahan was never a smidgen of the cop that Tommy was. Callahan is merely smearing a man who can't stand up for himself. Hard to do from the grave. I'll stand up for you TK. Callahan is attempting wealth on the heads of other dedicated police. Stay tuned for the next year or so. It's coming out.
tri

Moline, IL

#20 Sep 7, 2009
There ARE many dedicated police. It's the other ones that cause the damage. Sad, but true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 1 hr WelbyMD 2,822
Kimberly Cunningham found not guilty of second ... (May '07) 4 hr Steph05 44
Wallin-Reed guilty of first-degree murder - Ful... (Oct '13) 7 hr 3redmoons 73
Man pleads guilty to rape, murder of teen in Ci... 17 hr SMG 1
Murder Trial Date set for Franklin County Woman (Dec '13) Thu Justice 61
Norwalk Shooting Leaves One Dead (Jan '13) Thu Chingones 13 8
Philadelphia's Broaster brothers charged in all... (Nov '12) Wed Hitta 19
•••

Violent Crime People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE