Three charged in burglary, robbery

Long Beach police on Monday pressed burglary and robbery charges against three men connected with an officer-involved shooting that wounded two suspects at a check-cashing business on May 31. Full Story
WASP

Rowland Heights, CA

#1 Jun 10, 2008
Hmm, Tavoni, Marxus, and Eboni? Any chance they could be afro-americans?
Tax payer

Torrance, CA

#3 Jun 15, 2008
totally the norm for that culture...
not racist

Claremont, CA

#4 Jun 17, 2008
you Racist punk
no xcuses

Long Beach, CA

#5 Jun 17, 2008
glad to see parole continues to "rehab" our loser citizens. parole should be in a big fenced pit located in the heart of death valley!!! we should take notes from the sheriff joe in arizona.....
jeremy troxel

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Jun 19, 2008
Tax payer wrote:
As a cop and an african american I take offense to your comment. Dont get me wrong I share your view that these clowns should be locked up and if they get killed commiting these crimes then its their fault. Every race has good and bad take yourself for instance, you are just rotten beneath contempt
Unbiased

Redondo Beach, CA

#7 Jun 19, 2008
Tax payer wrote:
jeremy troxel wrote:
<quoted text>As a cop and an african american I take offense to your comment. Dont get me wrong I share your view that these clowns should be locked up and if they get killed commiting these crimes then its their fault. Every race has good and bad take yourself for instance, you are just rotten beneath contempt
Let's review, race is not mentioned anywhere in the article "Three charged in burglary, robbery" and the suspects are identified by name only.

"Long Beach police on Monday pressed burglary and robbery charges against three men connected with an officer-involved shooting that wounded two suspects at a check-cashing business on May 31."

"Tavaron Mitchell, 30, of Gardena and Marcus Toles, 29, of Los Angeles were both shot by police multiple times after the men and a third suspect, Michael Bourgeois, 35, of Los Angeles, allegedly tripped a silent burglar alarm at Nix Check Cashing, 1228 Obispo Ave."

These suspects are accused of a very serious crime, the article doesn't specify anything other than their name, age and city of residence. Unless we have a DNA test, there is no way to know what race or culture the suspects may actually be, we can only assume. Well, you know what happens when you assume?

You make an A-S-S of U and ME!
SaveUsa

Long Beach, CA

#8 Jun 22, 2008
3 more bite the dust.
Wake up

Bellflower, CA

#9 Jun 22, 2008
Unbiased wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Let's review, race is not mentioned anywhere in the article "Three charged in burglary, robbery" and the suspects are identified by name only.
"Long Beach police on Monday pressed burglary and robbery charges against three men connected with an officer-involved shooting that wounded two suspects at a check-cashing business on May 31."
"Tavaron Mitchell, 30, of Gardena and Marcus Toles, 29, of Los Angeles were both shot by police multiple times after the men and a third suspect, Michael Bourgeois, 35, of Los Angeles, allegedly tripped a silent burglar alarm at Nix Check Cashing, 1228 Obispo Ave."
These suspects are accused of a very serious crime, the article doesn't specify anything other than their name, age and city of residence. Unless we have a DNA test, there is no way to know what race or culture the suspects may actually be, we can only assume. Well, you know what happens when you assume?
Get real! You need a DNA test to determine what race they are? Just read there names. Those suspects are three Afroid American criminals. What planet have you been living on lately? Surely not here in beautiful downtown Long Beach, where crime is rampant and is overwhelmingly being committed by minorities. Better take a good look around and see what's ACTUALLY going on, and not what you WISH was going on.
Brent

Lakewood, CA

#12 Jul 23, 2008
That shooting happened right out in front of my bedroom window. We had a sniper on the balcony of our apartment. They made us leave our place for over 8 hours. I barely made it to work on time just because a few scumbags wanted some free money. They looked like they were dead after they got shot. The cops dragged they bodys down the sidewalk while they were looking for the 3rd suspect.

Events like this made us want to move. That area sucks and LA County is a wasteland. Saving money on rent and living in Long Beach isn't worth it.
Uncle Fester

Bellflower, CA

#14 Jul 23, 2008
Unbiased wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Forget all that! Just print their booking photos along with the article and all questions will be answered. Now what is so hard about that?
Elementary

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jul 23, 2008
Unbiased wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No, just you.

"Tavaron"? That's a ghetto black name, my friend. Black ghetto bums don't usually integrate in crime, so the chances are better than even the other's are black too.
Also, because the crime was so stupid, I'd be surprised if a mexican was involved in this. It's possible. Not probable.

The reason I don't suspect they're white is also because of the nature of the crime. It's too stupid. A lot of stupid white people have left Long Beach. Too expensive. The whites who pull stuff like that live inland.

Most stupid crimes will be blacks first, then mexican, then whites and asians.
Unknown

West Covina, CA

#16 Jul 31, 2008
-.- and the funny thing is if he went to the graduation he wouldn't be in this shit

- suspects brother
mrguapo

Lexington, KY

#17 Jul 31, 2008
jeremy troxel wrote:
<quoted text>As a cop and an african american I take offense to your comment. Dont get me wrong I share your view that these clowns should be locked up and if they get killed commiting these crimes then its their fault. Every race has good and bad take yourself for instance, you are just rotten beneath contempt
Good posting!
Grammyof5

Chester, CA

#18 Feb 13, 2013
Fast forward five years later I work in a prison. I supervise one of the suspects. . . no longer a suspect . . . convicted and locked up and confessed this crime to me. I asked him if he was done with crime should he ever get released. Some of these guys do grow up. He says he's done. I pray he's telling the truth. He's a hard worker for me, and he has kids that need a good father. I've met many many many inmates. There are those who need to have the key thrown away. There are those who should have the opportunity to prove they can change. I pray he's one of them.
Wow

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Dec 6, 2013
I actually knew two of the men involved in this case. Didn't know the outcome of the case but, it's really sad that kids have to grow up without their parents.
Henry

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Dec 8, 2013
Wow wrote:
I actually knew two of the men involved in this case. Didn't know the outcome of the case but, it's really sad that kids have to grow up without their parents.
Why is it sad that the kids have to grow up without a parental figure who commits serious felonies? Besides, black fathers are statistically the worst fathers.
You're a moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Garvin Guilty Of Triple Murder (Jan '11) 1 hr agree 23
Political figures clash after slaying of NYPD o... 2 hr Let us pray 16
Hundreds march to protest recent grad jury deci... 5 hr cops are liars an... 7
'They Deserved It': The Repulsive Reaction to B... 5 hr Stop the war 16
Bill Kristol Expects Liberals To Have Same Mass... 6 hr Jeff Brightone 1
State police investigating officer-involved sho... 6 hr really 1
Father executes son for inappropriate touching ... (Nov '09) 8 hr Vengeance 7 266
More from around the web