Teen gang shooting in Bradenton

Jose Hernandez, 17, is being treated at Bayfront Medical Center after a gang-related shooting happened last night in Bradenton. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
SCCPAP

Tampa, FL

#1 Aug 9, 2007
THE LAW OFFICERS NEED TO CRACK DOWN ON THE GANG BANGERS, THEY WHO THE YOUNG LAW BREAKERS ARE, BUT OUR SORRY JUSTICE SYSTEM KEEPS THEM CLEANING UP THE STREETS.
Bravo061

Windermere, FL

#3 Aug 9, 2007
Hind sight is always 20/20. Fifteen years ago the Sheriffs and Police Chiefs were being told that the gangs from L.A., Detroit and Chicago are here and they needed to do something but they would not admit the problem existed that would not be good politics and look at it now. Not saying that the problem would have gone away if they had listened but it may be a little better now than it is. It is going to take the efforts of all. From the city/county leaders all the way down the line to you the citizen. This is a plauge that will not go away by looking the other way.
Ordinance changes, Neiborhood watch programs, School Resource Officers reporting the activity in schools and educating the school administrators, Community meetings between the City and County Law Enforcement, Bolstering of or creation of a Gang Task Forces as this is a specialized segment of Law Enforcement, Looking to other Task Forces and expertise that have had success and use it as there is no room for pride here. Folks this is not something that you can sit around and only talk about it has to be done and done now.....more or less you have to design your defense on the run and refine it as you go!
Animal Rights in Tampa

Topeka, KS

#5 Aug 10, 2007
I wish we could take all these little bangers, wall them into their own city, and let them all fight it out. Leave the rest of us out of it.
Angela

Hernando, FL

#9 Aug 17, 2007
At this point they are no longer 'wannabe's'... Gang involvement starts very young with most of these youth, Uncles, Brothers, Mothers, Fathers... Holidays are spent with 'the gang', they are family. It's a way of life. They support each other, help each other. When a family is in need the rest of the 'gang' comes to aid. This goes a lot deeper than most people know. The majority of deaths occur within the gangs and to the unfortunates in the way. It's sad. They are a culture within our culture. It's very interesting if you do the research. If things are to change we need to be realistic and not just responsive. What can really be done?
Kevin

Tampa, FL

#10 Aug 24, 2007
Angela wrote:
At this point they are no longer 'wannabe's'... Gang involvement starts very young with most of these youth, Uncles, Brothers, Mothers, Fathers... Holidays are spent with 'the gang', they are family. It's a way of life. They support each other, help each other. When a family is in need the rest of the 'gang' comes to aid. This goes a lot deeper than most people know. The majority of deaths occur within the gangs and to the unfortunates in the way. It's sad. They are a culture within our culture. It's very interesting if you do the research. If things are to change we need to be realistic and not just responsive. What can really be done?
Good Job Angela! It is so good to sen an intelligent quote! Did you do the post on Reactive Attachment Disorder too? If so Bravo again!
Caz

Clearwater, FL

#12 Aug 24, 2007
Moving here from Detroit Mi, I was not aware of the gang violence here in bradenton. Had I been, I would not have brought my child here. I would have went else where. Want the gang bangers off the streets. Look to their parents. They know their kids are banging it. I think they need to be prosecuted as well. Grab the kids, get them help. Show them there is hope. Take the parents who are also banging, and lock them up. Bradenton is going to be the next Detroit. I am sorry that I moved my child here. I am in awe that it's not nationally publicized. But then, the government here in FL wouldn't have as much revenue coming in from the tourist. Just more politics. With that .. I end my comment.

Since: Aug 07

Hernando, FL

#13 Aug 25, 2007
Kevin wrote:
Good Job Angela! It is so good to see an intelligent quote! Did you do the post on Reactive Attachment Disorder too? If so Bravo again!
Hi, Yes, that too was me...Thanx. I just found this Topix and am finding it very interesting. Although, when I decided to join and they said Angela was already being used so I am now going by Rocki....
old nickname
Kevin

Tampa, FL

#14 Aug 26, 2007
Angela - Rocky: I post often about the “Ciambrone” case as well, but it's hard to explain to people that I'm not condoning child abuse but trying to explain how Reactive Attachment Disorder affected that family and how without the knowledge of RAD that family responded to abnormal behaviors in the way they did. I became friends with Dr. Foster Cline and Dr. Terry Leavy through that case. Just refreshing to read from one who really researches first before they speak. I never comment on things unless I really research! Too many speak through their heart and don’t really know the damage they do that way. would love to discuss that case with you.

Kevin
Angela

Hernando, FL

#15 Aug 26, 2007
Well... If I don't sign-in I come up as Angela...hm. Huge fan of Cline! I live Love & Logic and am planning to become trained as a trainer and bring L&L to Florida. I have not been following the "Ciambrone" case but will check it out. See you over there...
Angela

Hernando, FL

#16 Aug 26, 2007
Oh... read through pages, no need for my involvement at this point. I can only hope that when people need help they seek it out. And when they do, it's available for them
Kevin

Tampa, FL

#17 Aug 26, 2007
Thats great Angela! I actually got Foster to come into the Ciambrone case which was a pretty horrible case. It involves the death of an adopted child at the hands of the adopted parents. In a nutshell it's the worst end of everything you read about happening in a family that adopts a child with severe Attachment Disorder and has no expertise in the community or family support. They end up taking the behaviors personally and reacting to them and isolating themselves and the child. I am actually working on a book about the case. Foster came in not to say what happened in the case was in anyway acceptable but it was in fact explainable and not what the prosecutor theorized. It's just nice to see one who thinks before they comment. Id love to see some of the best minds come together and really try and come up with some "real" solutions to the gang problem instead of the knee-jerk reactions we so often see. It's such a deep problem!
Angela

Hernando, FL

#18 Aug 26, 2007
Kevin wrote:
Thats great Angela! I actually got Foster to come into the Ciambrone case which was a pretty horrible case. It involves the death of an adopted child at the hands of the adopted parents. In a nutshell it's the worst end of everything you read about happening in a family that adopts a child with severe Attachment Disorder and has no expertise in the community or family support. They end up taking the behaviors personally and reacting to them and isolating themselves and the child. I am actually working on a book about the case. Foster came in not to say what happened in the case was in anyway acceptable but it was in fact explainable and not what the prosecutor theorized. It's just nice to see one who thinks before they comment. Id love to see some of the best minds come together and really try and come up with some "real" solutions to the gang problem instead of the knee-jerk reactions we so often see. It's such a deep problem!
I have read the national forum through topix and 'eaves dropped' on some of the chat between gangs in different cities discussing trials and such...very interesting. There is also a site called LatinKingKnowledge that is full of info. I work directly with gang members (youth) and occasionally their parents, through the youth. I have also been to a few gang trainings that the policed dept. provides. As well as have had gang involved foster children. One of my f.kids was killed in a gang shooting :( I personnaly believe that those on the 'outside' cannot do too much. Well, anymore than I or (we) are doing, which is to educate and teach empathy. The change needs to come from within 'the gang'. If an individual is able to become independent than they don't have to rely on others, thus creating freedom. And perhaps less involvement and dependency. But again, do they want to leave their family? They can choose how deeply they want or need to be involved in the criminal activity. So much to be said and done in that area. When the news broadcasts a shooting or other gang related activity I only hope it's not somebody I know...
RAD- I've also worked in Specialized Foster Care for many years. I've had 2 children live with me who had RAD. To this day, I look back at all my clients and foster children and it is those two that I still feel in my heart. The two that I could not commit to. I was planning to adopt the second child with RAD but...was forced to choose between her and my husband and birth child. It ends up positive for her though...She was eventually adopted, about 4 years after I had her (and numerous placements). She visited me a year ago and is healing and doing well.!! I didn't know if she ever would. I think I may contact her adoptive parents and check up on her, now that all this is surfacing for me again.
I think it is fabulous you are writing a book on that case. Can you tell me more? Is it that case specifically, or RAD educational, something for future adoptive parents to use? Students? Or more of an interest story. Angela
Kevin

Tampa, FL

#19 Aug 26, 2007
Bless you heart for helping our "hurt children." The book is about trying to turn what happened in this case "right side up." Just exposing the truth in this case and hopefully educating this community to just how deceptive RAD can be. I have spoke with both of the convicted parents for the past 12 years only recently put it all together, including who did what. Angela, it's not a pretty story in fact it's heart wrenching! It's almost like the perfect storm; all of the elements have come together and caused disaster! The parents hold responsibility but so does our entire community that missed the warning signs that this child had severe Attachment Disorder . He needed specific help, that at the time they had him, just didn't exist here in Manatee County.
ese serio

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Jan 30, 2008
man who ever wrote those comments r stupid aint no one gonna stop us u kno why because -hmf- nite mares kriminales ese serio!!!!!!!!!!
ese serio

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Jan 30, 2008
2 U chavalas HEKTIK-MEXICANOS NITE MARES KRIMINALS RIFAMOS EN ESTADO DE 64 CIUDAD DE NH SONSOS.38-46-57-!!!!!!!!!
Southern Belle

Natchitoches, LA

#22 Feb 6, 2008
ese serio wrote:
2 U chavalas HEKTIK-MEXICANOS NITE MARES KRIMINALS RIFAMOS EN ESTADO DE 64 CIUDAD DE NH SONSOS.38-46-57-!!!!!!!!!
You need to go back to where you came from homie. We speak English in these United States. Take yo ass back to where ever. You just a wanna be anyway. Po chile'. Come to New Orleans, we'll take care of yo ass.
leticia

Bradenton, FL

#23 Jun 5, 2008
gang is like a family
anonymous

Valrico, FL

#25 Jun 11, 2008
leticia wrote:
gang is like a family
Oh yeah? Well take your family and go back to Mexico!!We are sick of you here and most of us don't want you here! This is America why don't you all even speak our language??? I was teaching my child Spanish and decided to quit. I am tired of trying to communicate Spanish to you idiots! This is not a Spanish country! Pack your bags and get out! All of you are useless and will just use our tax dollars by ending up in prison!! Bye!!!!!!!!!!
anonymous

Valrico, FL

#26 Jun 11, 2008
Caz wrote:
Moving here from Detroit Mi, I was not aware of the gang violence here in bradenton. Had I been, I would not have brought my child here. I would have went else where. Want the gang bangers off the streets. Look to their parents. They know their kids are banging it. I think they need to be prosecuted as well. Grab the kids, get them help. Show them there is hope. Take the parents who are also banging, and lock them up. Bradenton is going to be the next Detroit. I am sorry that I moved my child here. I am in awe that it's not nationally publicized. But then, the government here in FL wouldn't have as much revenue coming in from the tourist. Just more politics. With that .. I end my comment.
I am moving far from this town!! My nine year old son has heard gunshots and seen drug deals in mid day!! IThis town sucks!!! If I were you I'd venture somewhere else!!! There are plenty of other towns..not like this one!!!
young american

Lakeland, FL

#28 Jul 9, 2008
Mexicans have turned this once beautiful beach paradise into a cesspool. The robberies, shootings, drugs. I'm tired of standing behind a 3 foot tall thing buying a frozen burrito at 7-11, and seeing buses of immigrants being taken to the fields to piss and crap on our food! Send them all back to mexico, stragglers get shot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 6 min Abdurratln 3,254
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 53 min commies are blue 16
D.C. to begin accepting first applications in d... 1 hr Kentucky-Mitch 22
Deadly force a " in black and white 5 hr no_more_dems 16
Kenneth J. Otto Sr. Arrested for the Murder of ... (May '07) Sun lil bits 8
Ambulance response in Pittsburgh shooting eyed Sat none_of_the_above 7
Nation briefs: Cheney, Gonzales indicted in pri... (Nov '08) Sat Swedenforever 535

Violent Crime People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE