Oklahoma pastor's murder remains unsolved more than 2 years later

There are 20 comments on the Mar 11, 2012, Tulsa World story titled Oklahoma pastor's murder remains unsolved more than 2 years later. In it, Tulsa World reports that:

The mother of a pastor whose slaying inside her small church in Anadarko 2 1/2 years ago remains unsolved says that Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents have recently asked her about a person in Chicago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tulsa World.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DR DENISE HALL

Greeley, CO

#1 Apr 4, 2012
When I first heard of this horrific murder two years ago, I was unable to find the words to describe how I felt as a female African American minister who used to live in Oklahoma City.

A part of me knew that those responsible would hide, garner unspoken support by authorities, and continue to live their lives with such cloaked ignorance. My point is that I knew that the "investigation" would not result in finding the individuals responsible and hold them accountable.

Yes, I do believe they were more than one person. Yes, I do believe these murderers are well-known and recognized by citizens of this VERY SMALL TOWN of less than 6,000 people.

This most unfortunate brutal lynching of a religious professional who pastored two small local churches is an indicative criminal behavior that is the underbelly of White Privilege/White Power/White Supremacy.

Due to the pastor's gender and ethnicity, her presence threatened the very core of the murderer's own identity. I have great compassion for those who continue to be hurt and harmed by ignorance (knowledge-free, lack of knowledge) as know as bigotry and prejudgement. Those who perpetuated this crime probably self-identify as Christian. This type of behavior is NOT the Palestinian Rabbi Yeshua of Nazareth's way (Jesus the Christ).

I do request omnibenevolence for the pastor's legacy, her family, congregants, caring/concerned citizens, and advocates for justice in this matter!

May this positive outcome be for the deepest, greatest, highest omnidimensional love vibration! Further, may this positive outcome be more than could every be anticipated, expected, or imagined!

Amen, Ase', Shalom, Hallelujah, Namaste, Amor, Paz!!!
Reverend Dr Too

Grand Prairie, TX

#2 Apr 12, 2012
You're a fraud. No true person of faith would spew such hatred
"This ... is an indicative criminal behavior that is the underbelly of White Privilege/White Power/White Supremacy."
Race baiting much?
"... I have great compassion for those who continue to be hurt and harmed by ignorance (knowledge-free, lack of knowledge) as know as bigotry and prejudgement... "
You just did both. Bigotry and prejudgement. Touche'
Bewildered

Anadarko, OK

#3 Apr 14, 2012
I'd just add - there are also a number of inaccuracies in 'Dr. Hall's' hateful and divisive missive .
Brown Beret

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Apr 16, 2012
dr denise hall, you post is indicative of a close minded, race baiting hyperbolic sophistry that is unfortunate. Hopefully any followers you might have will see your above post , and it might allow them to see and become aware of just how shallow the depth of your shortcomings are.
topskindiva

Arlington, TX

#5 Apr 18, 2012
I don't agree with that quack either! Back to the subject at hand, has anything new came about? I've heard that the mob had something to do with it, probably just a rumor because I can't find any info on that. I just wish the P.D. Would get its butt in gear and find out who did this so that the family can get some peace.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#6 Apr 19, 2012
i wish they would solve this case so badly....someone has to know something
Rainbow

Owatonna, MN

#7 Apr 20, 2012
They found new evidence when they took a second look at the case. It'll be solved.

Location hidden

#8 Apr 22, 2012
from your mouth to God's ear rainbow....thanks
Sooner Magic

Euless, TX

#9 May 6, 2012
Rainbow ~ do you know the specific evidence that has led to new leads? I truly hope this case is solved, soon.

Location hidden

#10 May 17, 2012
as an aside, the officer who was first on the scene committed suicide at the police dept. very sad....said the place was so horrific he couldn't get it out of his head. also, his mom died last year.
hopefully, he has the peace now that he needed here.
Sooner Magic

Euless, TX

#11 May 18, 2012
Hi Wishing ~
That is so sad. I agree, hopefully he has found peace. Hope you are well.
wishing1

Anadarko, OK

#12 May 27, 2012
Doing well sooner...just for general info...they did erect a memorial where the church was. Glad to know nothing will ever be put there. We do seem to have a bad habit of 'out of sight out of mind.' So maybe some will continue to try to hold the osbi's feet to the fire. It is difficult for me to think that the trail of this homicide leads thrum Chicago. Hopefully they won't continue to blame the release of the autopsy as the reason they cannot solve this case.
JustMe

Sapulpa, OK

#14 May 29, 2012
The OSBI's feet are being held to the fire on this case! That i can promise you!
Sooner Magic

United States

#15 May 30, 2012
Thanks for the info Wishing. I am glad a memorial has been erected. This case haunts me. I can not believe there have been no arrests. I agree with you, if this case has anything to do with Chicago, I'll be surprised. As for blaming the release of the autopsy report as for a reason this case remains I solved, ridiculous.

Location hidden

#16 Jun 4, 2012
JustMe wrote:
The OSBI's feet are being held to the fire on this case! That i can promise you!
i don't know who u r, or what u know....but i hope u r right. i wish that i had the political pull to be putting pressure on whoever it is that is actually investigating this case.
and...ty

Location hidden

#17 Jun 4, 2012
Sooner Magic wrote:
Thanks for the info Wishing. I am glad a memorial has been erected. This case haunts me. I can not believe there have been no arrests. I agree with you, if this case has anything to do with Chicago, I'll be surprised. As for blaming the release of the autopsy report as for a reason this case remains I solved, ridiculous.
it haunts me as well...and i hope they don't just arrest someone b/c they need to make an arrest.
as far as the autopsy report....it's a public record and a ridiculous statement for them to have made.
justme

Jenks, OK

#18 Jun 4, 2012
wishing1 wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know who u r, or what u know....but i hope u r right. i wish that i had the political pull to be putting pressure on whoever it is that is actually investigating this case.
and...ty
I don't have very much political pull... Sometimes all it takes is a pissed off father !!!!!!
dr pepper

Henryetta, OK

#19 Jun 6, 2012
i hope they catch theyre person that was a horrible murder i think they should look at that guy who raped that pastor in somewhere, ok. dont remember where it happend but i think someone will know.
wishing1

Anadarko, OK

#20 Sep 9, 2012
bump for the minister....

WE SHALL NOT FORGET!

and i shall never stop blaming the osbi. is it too political for them to handle, then give it to the fbi.

if u find urself unable to solve the case, park your egos and ask for help. if that doesn't work, as for more help....etc.

SOLVE THIS CASE!!! WE WILL NOT FORGET!!!
wishing1

Anadarko, OK

#21 Sep 9, 2012
OH, and Dr Hall, everything doesn't have to do with race. open up your mind to other options. you really seem closed minded, just my opinion.

if u only knew anadarko, we are a mixed society, a minority town. we don't condemn folks for the way they believe b/c we were raised around it.

it maybe diff for u to understand this way of thinking, esp if u grew up in a white bread world and came into your culture at a later time in your life.

if i am wrong and u grew up in a strong native american culture, maybe you should investigate other culters. in fact, i challenge u to do so.

i am sure that you agree that knowledge is power.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff, lawyer dispute whether 73-year-old dep... 3 hr cops are psychopaths 32
News 2 Gary Men Charged With Shooting 12-Year-Old Girl (Jul '08) 9 hr folks 3
News Overflow crowd demands Zion cops wear body cameras 9 hr Too trusting 3
News Vialpando's widow seeks compensation in husband... 9 hr calldaamblamps 1
News George Zimmerman compares himself to Anne Frank... 9 hr John 5
News Officer charged with murder after shooting man ... 12 hr Righteous 327
News Family members gather at scene of North Portlan... 18 hr Travler1er 2
More from around the web