Antioch: Shooting near Delta View Apa...

Antioch: Shooting near Delta View Apartments wounds at least one

There are 9 comments on the Inside Bay Area story from Jul 8, 2014, titled Antioch: Shooting near Delta View Apartments wounds at least one. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

The shooting occurred in the area of Delta View Apartments in the 3900 block of Delta Fair Boulevard around 2:30 p.m., Antioch police Lt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

Rivertown

Pittsburg, CA

#1 Jul 8, 2014
Stop letting Section 8 live in Antioch,all Section 8 problems bring in drugs and gangs from Oakland and Richmond come over here too live.City needs to put a stop too Section 8.
Timera Owens

Oakley, CA

#2 Jul 8, 2014
That was my cousin who died. Rip kenneth
lisa

Antioch, CA

#3 Jul 9, 2014
You idiot. I live here with my children, work 40+ hours a week, am NOT on any government assistance and pay a ton of taxes. The jerks that killed that man yesterday shot him in broad daylight with tons of children playing outside. None of the people involved lived here.
There isva problem in our town but section 8 is not it. Drugs, lack if education, lack of living wage jobs are just some of them. Rather than spouting off nonsense on the internet, think about a reasonable solution and how we can help people be more productive in society.
Rivertown wrote:
Stop letting Section 8 live in Antioch,all Section 8 problems bring in drugs and gangs from Oakland and Richmond come over here too live.City needs to put a stop too Section 8.
No excuses

San Francisco, CA

#4 Jul 9, 2014
Lisa
You can't remove a cyclical nature in a culture that does not value hard work, self motivation, and higher education. It is easier to have someone else pay for your housing than earning it by actually working for it. It is embedded in their gene pool and until handouts, entitlements are no longer available their work ethic and values won't change.
Just Sayin

Washington, DC

#5 Jul 9, 2014
You are a racist. Why not examine the gene pool of the people who brought the salves here to do their work for free while they sat under the oak tree sipping mint tea. Even after the blood shed of the civil war they continue to oppress them by putting them in jail for loitering in order to reinstitute slavery. Entitlements and handouts can never make up for the three hundred years it was illegal to educate an enslaved African. Entitlements and handouts would not be an issue if the oppression was not institutionalized.
No excuses wrote:
Lisa
You can't remove a cyclical nature in a culture that does not value hard work, self motivation, and higher education. It is easier to have someone else pay for your housing than earning it by actually working for it. It is embedded in their gene pool and until handouts, entitlements are no longer available their work ethic and values won't change.
Rivertown

Pittsburg, CA

#6 Jul 9, 2014
lisa wrote:
You idiot. I live here with my children, work 40+ hours a week, am NOT on any government assistance and pay a ton of taxes. The jerks that killed that man yesterday shot him in broad daylight with tons of children playing outside. None of the people involved lived here.
There isva problem in our town but section 8 is not it. Drugs, lack if education, lack of living wage jobs are just some of them. Rather than spouting off nonsense on the internet, think about a reasonable solution and how we can help people be more productive in society. <quoted text>
Your the idiot open your eyes Section 8 cause all of our problems in this town I worked all of my life paying taxes for this program to help people not abuse it!
AntiochHood

Antioch, CA

#7 Jul 9, 2014
It is the Section 8 bringing all these ghetto ass people to Antioch. Every area is turning into Sycamore. Need to bulldoze that place
RTZ

San Leandro, CA

#8 Jul 9, 2014
End section 8 & let these losers go back to where they came from. This place is getting so bad we might as well rename it Oakrich after all the getto losers coming from those 2 cities.
Anonymous

Oakland, CA

#10 Aug 11, 2014
It is section 8 but it's not the fact that the program exists- it is the fact that they are too overburdened or too lazy to do the background checks they are supposed to. It is supposed to go to GOOD law abiding citizens not criminals, let alone felons. By law. Since the bust they have been overwhelmed, but rather than fight for more help CCC Housing authority has been rubber stamping people through allowing felons into the program, and neglecting to to the background checks!!!! So while good decent people still get in, yes a lot of criminals are getting in, and sadly word gets out. So they flock to CCC.

I just found out they let a FELON just out of San Quentin into the Section 8 program into a house a few houses down from me. That is neglect and abuse of taxpayer dollars (and if I were a good, hardworking person on the Section 8 wait-list I would be PISSED as all hell!) As a resident I am pissed as hell that they are too lazy and too busy to do their job and are putting lives and our well-being at stake.

Time to stop blaming the program itself or the GOOD people who use it to blame, and put the blame where it belongs- at the people who are dropping the ball on the background checks and letting criminals in. And demand they do their jobs immediately (and check every last criminal they let in and kick them out, so they can let good law abiding people who have been waiting to get in, in!) and hold them responsible to the destruction they've done to us and our city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Walker knocks Clinton for her Milwaukee shootin... 42 min kuda 302
News How did Amber Woods die? (Mar '08) 3 hr Her cousin Diana 17
News 2 teens arrested in Calle Parque homicide 5 hr Sad sad 1
News Is White Lives Matter a movement or white supre... 12 hr Paddy O-Malley 1
News Young girl at vigil for brother's slain friend ... 20 hr grounded in reality 2
News Ellinger could face more charges in homicide case 23 hr Johnny Mo 5
News Citronelle murder suspect arrives in Mobile, sa... Tue lrq88 1
More from around the web