Taking Note: Arpaio to Arm Volunteers With Assault Rifles

Feb 1, 2013 Full story: FiveThirtyEight 194

There are plenty of good people in Arizona who have thoughtful, moderate views about guns and government.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#120 Feb 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Also, most of the NG was kept stateside, especially near coasts and industry centers, to deal with possible incursions and sabotage.
The National Guard was kept stateside in Vietnam because that is where all the rich white kids with political connections went.

That is why you had to have pull during Vietnam to land a slot in the National Guard.

Use George Bush as an example of someone the US goverment spent a million dollars or more and got absolutely nothing in return for.

Dan Quayle, another...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#122 Feb 4, 2013
Do you really think dan quayle should have been anywhere near another person while carrying a gun? I wouldn't trust him with a salad shooter.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The National Guard was kept stateside in Vietnam because that is where all the rich white kids with political connections went.
That is why you had to have pull during Vietnam to land a slot in the National Guard.
Use George Bush as an example of someone the US goverment spent a million dollars or more and got absolutely nothing in return for.
Dan Quayle, another...

Location hidden

#123 Feb 4, 2013
The Delegate wrote:
<quoted text>Spare the 'shoeless'
Your spot in front of the bottle return has clear up, BirdCageCleaner.

Location hidden

#124 Feb 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I wouldn't trust him with a salad shooter.
A 'potatoe' salad shooter?

Location hidden

#127 Feb 4, 2013
The Delegate wrote:
<quoted text>has clear up?? BO's jiz is makin you drowsy.
Wipe your chin, BirdCageCleaner.

Indianapolis

#128 Feb 4, 2013
Nah, he'd identify too closely with something that bland and white. Besides, he'd be too afraid of accidently aborting a tater tot.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
A 'potatoe' salad shooter?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#129 Feb 4, 2013
Net Result wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dog crap, there ought to be a law that gives a medal to someone who takes a stinking pile of liberal crap like you off the street... You truly stink like a pile of imported dung.
Arpio was just elected by a landslide unlike that porch monkey you drool over, and like thousands of county sherifs all over the US plan on defying any second ammendment intrusion by your idiot in chief.. BTW - How do you think federal laws are enforced?
The answer of course is by local police.
When you get a chance, you racist slug, gofuckyourself.

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Since: Aug 07

Eldora Iowa

#130 Feb 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are full of cr@p.
But we knew that already.
Happy to see you prove it.
Vietnam?
"Back in the late 1960s and early '70s, some people joined the National Guard to avoid the military draft with the hopes that it would keep then out of Vietnam. Of 2.5 million Americans who served in Vietnam, fewer than 25,000 1 percent were in the National Guard. Of 58,000 GIs killed in Vietnam, about 100 were in the National Guard. That's about 0.2 percent. "
PS: I don't have to disprove the nonsense you post, it's up for you to prove it.

Start with Vietnam.
I don't have to do anything, if you would read my post I said that until Korea, the resere force was the National Guard, as there Army Reserves were not formed until after Korea. There were more Guard used in WW2 than in either Iraq or Afghanistan,( we have rotated 2.4 million guard and reserves through Iraq and Afghaistan)

At the start of WW2 there were only 9 regular army divisions, and by 1941 the National guard was mobilized giving the army a strength of 27 divisions 9 regular army and 18 national guard divisions.

You are right about the National Guard not being used much in Vietnam, as we had a draft at the time, however 8700 National guardsmen served in Vietnam, With D Co 151 Infantry (Ranger) 38th ID Indiana, being the most decorated infantry unit to serve in Vietnam, the US Infantry School labeling this Guard unit as the best trained unit in the Army. During Desert Storm over 75,000 Guardsmen were called up and like I pointed out earlier 2.4 million guard and reserves have rotated through Iraq and Afghanistan.

You really are an uptight little bitch aren't you? And I don't have to prove anything to you, I live it, both as an Infantry soldier in the National guard and a police officer. lol, you crack me up!

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Eldora Iowa

#131 Feb 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Which explains why all those guys joined the ARMY, NAVY, and AF, not the national guard. Also, most of the NG was kept stateside, especially near coasts and industry centers, to deal with possible incursions and sabotage.
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about? out of 27 formed during WW2 18 of them were National Guard? The 168th Infantry out of Iowa attached to the 43rd ID out of NJ saw the most days in front line combat than any other unit in WW2

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Eldora Iowa

#132 Feb 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
So you can't read, that's the problem.
EXPECTS them to carry: when they done graduated.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
And they **do not carry** in the course of their duties... HHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!
It's like I paid you to make my point for me!
You should read that again,**do not carry** applied to weapons not authorized by their department, so in other words, all reserves in our department carry the FN .40. The reserves are not authorized to carry say the Glock 22. They are authorised to carry in the squad cars AR 15s, not AK variants. See what I did there, its like I paid you to be stupid

Location hidden

#133 Feb 4, 2013
sailor310 wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about?
Tell us: what percentage of the US military serving in Vietnam were in the National Guard?

Pretend for a second I didn't just show you it was less than 2 percent.

Location hidden

#134 Feb 4, 2013
That's zero POINT two percent (a fifth of one percent).

Location hidden

#135 Feb 4, 2013
sailor310 wrote:
There were more Guard used in WW2
"More" is a relative number, Numbnuts.

"most" is not, "most" means 50 percent plus one.

E.G.: Forty percent of the intial deployment of US military in WWI were reserve units.

40 percent is not most. 50.1 percent would be most.

It's up to you to back your assertions, spoogebreath.

I asked you start at Vietnam and work backwards.

Location hidden

#136 Feb 4, 2013
sailor310 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read that again,**do not carry** applied to weapons
I read it correctly the first time.

Let me know when you are able to come back to the topic here: that Bulloney Joe "planned" to arm volunteers with AR-15s.

He's has since "clarified" his position and plans to issue the 400 assault weapons to deputies.

Location hidden

#137 Feb 4, 2013
sailor310 wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about? out of 27 formed during WW2 18 of them were National Guard?
90 divisions...

PS: What about the US Navy?

Location hidden

#138 Feb 4, 2013
sailor310 wrote:
They are authorised to carry in the squad cars AR 15s,
Tell me:

Who is driving the squad cars?

Location hidden

#139 Feb 4, 2013
sailor310 wrote:
Every major conflict this country has been in, has been made up primarily of National Guard, Both World Wars and Korea were fought by NG troops primarily because at the time the US kept a Constitutionally small standing army.
Let's make sure we pull out what you said exactly.

Let's start with "Every major conflict this country has been in".

I say that includes Vietnam.

Indianapolis

#140 Feb 4, 2013
I say it includes the War of 1812...:)

My original point was that the NG has been a stateside force for decades before bush sent them to the middle-east. That's why obama wants to re-establish such a force that will remain stateside. And hopefully its first job will be to arrest LOE's who refuse to follow or enforce the law.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's make sure we pull out what you said exactly.
Let's start with "Every major conflict this country has been in".
I say that includes Vietnam.

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Eldora Iowa

#141 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me:
Who is driving the squad cars?
Our reserves drive squad cars, Why?

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Eldora Iowa

#142 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us: what percentage of the US military serving in Vietnam were in the National Guard?
Pretend for a second I didn't just show you it was less than 2 percent.
I'm pretty sure I said bitch, that there were 8700 Guardsmen in Vietnam... for someone who claims to be able to read you sure aren't proving it, haha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 1 hr xxxrayted 2,846
Small town copes with mass slaying 7 hr Nellie 1
Judge 'whipsawed' by murder trial plea change (Jul '08) 7 hr Keaukaha Smiles 110
Kimberly Cunningham found not guilty of second ... (May '07) Fri Steph05 44
Wallin-Reed guilty of first-degree murder - Ful... (Oct '13) Fri 3redmoons 73
Man pleads guilty to rape, murder of teen in Ci... Thu SMG 1
Murder Trial Date set for Franklin County Woman (Dec '13) Thu Justice 61
•••

Violent Crime People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••