Taking Note: Arpaio to Arm Volunteers With Assault Rifles

Feb 1, 2013 Full story: FiveThirtyEight 194

There are plenty of good people in Arizona who have thoughtful, moderate views about guns and government.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#93 Feb 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes?
Did you miss the FACT I said that there were minimum requirements?
Do show us what I posted that was wrong, your link proves what I said was right.
Is this your strategy to win an argument? by proving my point?
What argument, Idiot?

No, I didn't miss the fact you said there were minimum requirements and I made no attempt at refuting that statement.

The Iowa requirements do disprove your comment about carrying guns though.

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Since: Aug 07

Eldora Iowa

#94 Feb 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Before you become a reserve to achieve the legal status you have to meet a minimum standard, e.g., basic training as a peace officer which would require a minimum training, one-hundred-fifty-hour training requirement.

Don't make me embarrass you.

Especially if you are pretending to be a real police officer.
And these "reserve" officers do not carry a gun, at least not when they are acting as a trainee- and I would guess they are expressly NOT allowed to be armed in that capacity (save perhaps a declared emergency).

Bulloney Joe is not asking for reserves, he is asking for lynch mobs.
Listen, you can pontificate and pontificate all you want. The fact if the matter is the posse is recognized by the state, they have arrests powers granted them by the state, while on duty, they have been around in AZ for years. Joe isn't askin for lynch mobs he has 3,000 already trained to the satisfaction of the state! If it were illegal or the county commission didn't think Joe's ideas were any good they wouldn't fund them or would make them illegal

Lol, you could never embarrass me! Sorry, our reserves are sworn peace officers in the state of Iowa, and have ongoing training just like the rest of us. They have their own curriculum and they do not go to an Academy, and depending on the Agency, they are not paid. Oh and they carry weapon as soon as they qualify on the state qualification tables

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#100 Feb 3, 2013
But they'll suck it up because DC sends them truckloads of money.
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is interesting. I think they are fed up with Obama taking things away from them.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#101 Feb 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Or maybe it's time to cut the hysteria. Our government and constitution do not allow for any religion to rule this country. You really think muslims are capable of overtaking this country?
<quoted text>
me?
no way, I fully appreciate the separation of church & state, although sometimes it irks me that the church doesn't pay taxes.
my point is that very often the same people complaining about illegal latinos, are also accusing the current POTUS of being part of the muslim brotherhood (eyes rolling).
the way I figure it, there is no way all those Latinos (97% Christian/Catholic) would allow anything close to Sharia Law, along with all the Krazy Khristians in the midwest, and all the old-school Catholics on the east and west coasts?
forget it.
(I still think it might be time to learn spanish though)

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#103 Feb 4, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Just more posturing by this loudmouthed lunatic. His specialty is publicity stunts like this! He has cost the citizens of maricopa county millions for abusing and murdering prisoners!
speaking of millions.....

Check out Harry's $61 million tax payer funded gun range. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01...
Net Result

Phoenix, AZ

#104 Feb 4, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
There ought to be a way to get this Arpaio slug off the streets and into a cage. Let him defy federal law so we can be rid of this fat bigot.
Hey dog crap, there ought to be a law that gives a medal to someone who takes a stinking pile of liberal crap like you off the street... You truly stink like a pile of imported dung.
Arpio was just elected by a landslide unlike that porch monkey you drool over, and like thousands of county sherifs all over the US plan on defying any second ammendment intrusion by your idiot in chief.. BTW - How do you think federal laws are enforced?
The answer of course is by local police.

Location hidden

#105 Feb 4, 2013
Why Do Liberals Want your Guns.........So you can't fight back silly.

Is the U.S. government getting ready for a war we don’t know about?

And, if that’s why Washington is stockpiling massive amounts of ammunition (hollow points, by the way), why is Homeland Security doing the buying instead of the Defense Department?

Many of you will remember a story I broke a long time ago – about presidential candidate Barack Obama’s little-noticed announcement that, if elected in 2008, he wanted to create a “civilian national security force” as big, as strong and as well-funded as the Defense Department.

Here’s what he actually said at a campaign stop in Colorado July 2, 2008:“We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”

Could what we see happening now in the Department of Homeland Security be the beginning of Obama’s dream and our constitutional nightmare?
We’ve learned more about Obama’s vision since then. Maybe it’s time for a review:

• He made the campaign promise to build this $439 billion domestic army, but all references to the initiative were inexplicably deleted from the copy of his speech posted on his website while others mysteriously disappeared from transcripts of the speech distributed by the campaign. That was strange – and ominous.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/why-is-government -...

Indianapolis

#106 Feb 4, 2013
Typical murderous teabagger.

BTW--guess what happens when local law enforcement fails to enforce the law? They go to jail. And I would LOVE to see how long that piece of crap lasts in his own hellhole of a jail.
Net Result wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dog crap, there ought to be a law that gives a medal to someone who takes a stinking pile of liberal crap like you off the street... You truly stink like a pile of imported dung.
Arpio was just elected by a landslide unlike that porch monkey you drool over, and like thousands of county sherifs all over the US plan on defying any second ammendment intrusion by your idiot in chief.. BTW - How do you think federal laws are enforced?
The answer of course is by local police.

Indianapolis

#107 Feb 4, 2013
Remember back when the national guard ws kept stateside and our other armed forces went overseas? Bush depleted the NG to fight his immoral invasions in the mideast. That's what obama wanted to do--have a stateside force like we used to have--that could not be importuned for military missions.
au contraire wrote:
Why Do Liberals Want your Guns.........So you can't fight back silly.
Is the U.S. government getting ready for a war we don’t know about?
And, if that’s why Washington is stockpiling massive amounts of ammunition (hollow points, by the way), why is Homeland Security doing the buying instead of the Defense Department?
Many of you will remember a story I broke a long time ago – about presidential candidate Barack Obama’s little-noticed announcement that, if elected in 2008, he wanted to create a “civilian national security force” as big, as strong and as well-funded as the Defense Department.
Here’s what he actually said at a campaign stop in Colorado July 2, 2008:“We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”
Could what we see happening now in the Department of Homeland Security be the beginning of Obama’s dream and our constitutional nightmare?
We’ve learned more about Obama’s vision since then. Maybe it’s time for a review:
• He made the campaign promise to build this $439 billion domestic army, but all references to the initiative were inexplicably deleted from the copy of his speech posted on his website while others mysteriously disappeared from transcripts of the speech distributed by the campaign. That was strange – and ominous.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/why-is-government -...

Location hidden

#108 Feb 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Typical murderous teabagger.
BTW--guess what happens when local law enforcement fails to enforce the law? They go to jail. And I would LOVE to see how long that piece of crap lasts in his own hellhole of a jail.
<quoted text>
The chaos caused major traffic backups on several downtown streets until lines of police forced crowds to move.

Looters even raided a 7-Eleven on Broadway, taking advantage of the celebrations. In Fells Point, a mini-van picked the wrong time to try to drive through the crowds. It was hemmed in and surrounded…try explaining that damage to your insurance agent.

Location hidden

#109 Feb 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Remember back when the national guard ws kept stateside and our other armed forces went overseas? Bush depleted the NG to fight his immoral invasions in the mideast. That's what obama wanted to do--have a stateside force like we used to have--that could not be importuned for military missions.
<quoted text>
Bush acted on approval from congress, Obama has again overstepped his authority. He has no regard for the constitition.

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Since: Aug 07

Eldora Iowa

#110 Feb 4, 2013
You should probably do some research. Every major conflict this country has been in, has been made up primarily of National Guard, Both World Wars and Korea were fought by NG troops primarily because at the time the US kept a Constitutionally small standing army. Only after the Korean War was the Army Reserve created under Title 10 of the US code making them federal troops instead of National Guard. Undoubtedly WW2 used more National Guard troops than Bush or Obama ever did or will
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>

Indianapolis

#111 Feb 4, 2013
First, you have to have comp and collision. If you do, then you file a claim telling them your car was damaged due to a street riot and give them either the police report or the case number. The insurance company then reviews it and pays for damages if everything is in order. It's not that hard.
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>The chaos caused major traffic backups on several downtown streets until lines of police forced crowds to move.
Looters even raided a 7-Eleven on Broadway, taking advantage of the celebrations. In Fells Point, a mini-van picked the wrong time to try to drive through the crowds. It was hemmed in and surrounded…try explaining that damage to your insurance agent.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#112 Feb 4, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
The Iowa requirements do disprove your comment about carrying guns though.
They don't, dumbazz...

You should have stayed in school, clearly, you don't have the chops to get that GED you promised mom you would get.

Review: reserve "police" cadets
a) do not carry firearms in course of their duties
b) require extensive training to be assigned the title of police "reserve"
c) Bulloney Joe requires neither.

Location hidden

#113 Feb 4, 2013
sailor310 wrote:
You should probably do some research. Every major conflict this country has been in, has been made up primarily of National Guard
You are full of cr@p.

But we knew that already.

Happy to see you prove it.

Vietnam?

"Back in the late 1960s and early '70s, some people joined the National Guard to avoid the military draft with the hopes that it would keep then out of Vietnam. Of 2.5 million Americans who served in Vietnam, fewer than 25,000 — 1 percent — were in the National Guard. Of 58,000 GIs killed in Vietnam, about 100 were in the National Guard. That's about 0.2 percent. "

PS: I don't have to disprove the nonsense you post, it's up for you to prove it.

Start with Vietnam.

Indianapolis

#114 Feb 4, 2013
Which explains why all those guys joined the ARMY, NAVY, and AF, not the national guard. Also, most of the NG was kept stateside, especially near coasts and industry centers, to deal with possible incursions and sabotage.
sailor310 wrote:
You should probably do some research. Every major conflict this country has been in, has been made up primarily of National Guard, Both World Wars and Korea were fought by NG troops primarily because at the time the US kept a Constitutionally small standing army. Only after the Korean War was the Army Reserve created under Title 10 of the US code making them federal troops instead of National Guard. Undoubtedly WW2 used more National Guard troops than Bush or Obama ever did or will
<quoted text>

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#115 Feb 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't, dumbazz...
You should have stayed in school, clearly, you don't have the chops to get that GED you promised mom you would get.
Review: reserve "police" cadets
a) do not carry firearms in course of their duties
b) require extensive training to be assigned the title of police "reserve"
c) Bulloney Joe requires neither.
So, now we go from reserve officers to reserve cadets?

No wonder so many say you are full of crap.

CHAPTER 10
RESERVE PEACE OFFICERS
DIVISION I
RESERVE PEACE OFFICER WEAPONS CERTIFICATION

501—10.1(80D) Weapons certification.
10.1(1) Reserve officers must receive council certification in the use of weapons the hiring authority expects and authorizes them to carry. Weapons training is not required with any weapons the reserve
officers are not authorized to carry.

Uh... does that say "expects and authorizes them to carry?"
NOT the kenyan dikcheez

Morgantown, KY

#116 Feb 4, 2013
The Delegate wrote:
<quoted text>BHO don't like the south.
The feelings mutual...... We don't like that Illinois wannabe Kenyan sumbich.

Location hidden

#118 Feb 4, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
So, now we go from reserve officers to reserve cadets?
I don't have to take a step.

Follow the thread.

Are the *reserves* trained?

Yes or no?

Bulloney Joe has no plans for training.

Location hidden

#119 Feb 4, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
501—10.1(80D) Weapons certification.
10.1(1) Reserve officers must receive council certification in the use of weapons the hiring authority expects and authorizes them to carry. Weapons training is not required with any weapons the reserve
officers are not authorized to carry.
Uh... does that say "expects and authorizes them to carry?"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

So you can't read, that's the problem.

EXPECTS them to carry: when they done graduated.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

And they **do not carry** in the course of their duties... HHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!

It's like I paid you to make my point for me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two survive shooting Sunday in King CityTwo sur... (Aug '14) 7 hr Sweetie 2
Video footage sought in Hillary trial 13 hr hgg 51
Mayfield up for parole for 1985 murder (Mar '09) 14 hr Here Is One 958
MSHP: 4 of 7 victims in Texas Co. shootings wer... 15 hr Guest 1
DA requests hearing in double-homicide case (Aug '08) 17 hr executioners 9
Anniston man arrested on capital murder charges... Fri pss4557 1
Post a Comment (Feb '10) Feb 26 rockyraj 5
More from around the web