Taking Note: Arpaio to Arm Volunteers With Assault Rifles

Feb 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FiveThirtyEight

There are plenty of good people in Arizona who have thoughtful, moderate views about guns and government.

Comments
61 - 80 of 194 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2013

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
Perfect example of the hateful liberal left.
Wipe your chin, BOY.

Get a job... stop wasting your mother's money.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you finally got something right.
Yes, women should have to register for selective service, same as men.
Register everyone.

Start drafting everyone who skipped out when it their turn to serve, put at the top of the list those who insist if they had to do it over again, they'd serve.

Of course, AM radio would go silent...

People who have served: they're done.

Take a hard look at those who have medical issues that would give them a pass (e.g., people who are in wheel chairs could be used to clear mines).

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention you bloated wolf tick!!! It seems you're chewing on sour grapes, scooter. Exactly what "federal law" are you hoping the high sheriff will break? Arming the citizenry is not one of them scooter...I highly suggest you spit out those grapes or stay out of Arizona…you’d look funny living in a tent wearing pink underwear and eating baloney sandwiches 3 times a day, scooter.
Sounds like you've been through it. Did they offer cole slaw?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate much today? It is this kind of talk that sharply increases gun sales.
It's true. I hate bigotry. Gun loons don't need any excuses to increase gun sales. All they need is their paranoia.

As regards Joe Arpaio, I'm being mild in my criticism. This guy is the poster boy for intolerance, hate, and lack of conscience. He brings shame on what America is supposed to stand for. I'm disheartened that so many people support this bully.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

You have no idea what "irony" means.
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it drips of irony as it is the truth which you liberals seem to have problems with and it is a perfect example of the hateful liberal left. You love telling what other people think even though it is not the truth. Why don't you define your hate-filled liberal self instead of trying to name call and denigrate something you know nothing about?

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Since: Aug 07

Eldora Iowa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Why is every body mad about a posse? Posses have been a part of the American law enforcement culture since law enforcement began. According to what I have read, his posse has to go through nine months of training. A lot of law enforcement agencies have reserves, my department has a reserve force that are volunteer and not paid. They can and do pick up hours and shifts and enforce local, state, and federal law. All carry weapons, have professional permits to carry, and oh, are qualified to use our departments "personal defense weapons", as DHS likes to call AR platform rifles, lol. Our reserve officers go through ongoing training and are certified by the state, which sounds like the program in Maricopa county. All of you might be surprised to find your own sheriff and police departments have reserves working the streets all the time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

sailor310 wrote:
Why is every body mad about a posse? Posses have been a part of the American law enforcement culture since law enforcement began.
So were lynch mobs.

Now we have paid police officers who have training and education that obviously exceeds yours.

How lucky for us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

sailor310 wrote:
A lot of law enforcement agencies have reserves, my department has a reserve force that are volunteer and not paid. They can and do pick up hours and shifts
They aren't police officers.

When we are looking for a dead body, I'll give you a call.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

seems to me it's a choice of:
a) being overrun by Christian Latinos, or
b) our government overtaken by Muslims and Sharia Law goes into effect.
the 2 can't happen together.
maybe it's time to learn spanish.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Or maybe it's time to cut the hysteria. Our government and constitution do not allow for any religion to rule this country. You really think muslims are capable of overtaking this country?
anneutral wrote:
seems to me it's a choice of:
a) being overrun by Christian Latinos, or
b) our government overtaken by Muslims and Sharia Law goes into effect.
the 2 can't happen together.
maybe it's time to learn spanish.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
You have no idea what "irony" means.
<quoted text>
Here in the South, we have a very good idea of what 'irony' means and it is summed up more than adequately in one simple phrase...."Bless your little heart."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT IRONY MEANS:
You don't.

Too bad you don't know what full-time employments means.

No, don't look it up. We already know.

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Eldora Iowa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>So were lynch mobs.

Now we have paid police officers who have training and education that obviously exceeds yours.

How lucky for us.
Stupid, I am a paid police officer with a college education. I know that our agencies in our county could not survive without these volunteers

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Eldora Iowa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>They aren't police officers.

When we are looking for a dead body, I'll give you a call.
Who aren't police officers, and why not? Because you say so? The state of Iowa says our reserves are sworn peace officers. I guess if you think you know better thats cool, but I don't think so

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

sailor310 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, I am a paid police officer with a college education.
You show no evidence of it here, Stupid. Other than being fat and stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

sailor310 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who aren't police officers, and why not?
Police officers are *EMPLOYPLOED*.

EG: first hit google

police officer

"Police officer" includes a member of the Oregon State Police, a sheriff, a deputy sheriff, a city police officer or a law enforcement officer employed by a service district established under ORS 451.410 (Definitions for ORS 451.410 to 451.610) to 451.610 (Advisory committee for emergency reporting) for the purpose of law enforcement services.[1983 c.338 §71; 2007 c.558 §1]

++

Doesn't include boys riding in the back of the car earning merit badges, or idiot lynch mobs in Arizona.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

sailor310 wrote:
The state of Iowa says our reserves are sworn peace officers.
Before you become a reserve to achieve the legal status you have to meet a minimum standard, e.g., basic training as a peace officer which would require a minimum training, one-hundred-fifty-hour training requirement.

Don't make me embarrass you.

Especially if you are pretending to be a real police officer.
And these "reserve" officers do not carry a gun, at least not when they are acting as a trainee- and I would guess they are expressly NOT allowed to be armed in that capacity (save perhaps a declared emergency).

Bulloney Joe is not asking for reserves, he is asking for lynch mobs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

sailor310 wrote:
I know that our agencies in our county could not survive without these volunteers
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

I am sure Bill Gates has said the same thing about the college interns working at MS over the summer.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

I think you just overheard someone talking about you, sonny, and the other three laughing after that should have given you a clue.

Not a detective, it seems...

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you become a reserve to achieve the legal status you have to meet a minimum standard, e.g., basic training as a peace officer which would require a minimum training, one-hundred-fifty-hour training requirement.
Don't make me embarrass you.
Especially if you are pretending to be a real police officer.
And these "reserve" officers do not carry a gun, at least not when they are acting as a trainee- and I would guess they are expressly NOT allowed to be armed in that capacity (save perhaps a declared emergency).
Bulloney Joe is not asking for reserves, he is asking for lynch mobs.
Requirements for Reserve Officers in Iowa:

http://www.isrloa.com/new/images/stories/pdfs...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Requirements for Reserve Officers in Iowa:f
Yes?

Did you miss the FACT I said that there were minimum requirements?

Do show us what I posted that was wrong, your link proves what I said was right.

Is this your strategy to win an argument? by proving my point?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••