DA: Anderson deputy cleared in shooti...

DA: Anderson deputy cleared in shooting death

There are 41 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Apr 12, 2013, titled DA: Anderson deputy cleared in shooting death. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

An Anderson County deputy's use of deadly force during a struggle in October didn't constitute a crime and was consistent with his training, Anderson County District Attorney General Dave Clark has concluded.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

Just stopping by

Chesterfield, MO

#22 Apr 26, 2013
by that logic, only a god would defend a god.. Get over yourself
Charlie

Lexington, SC

#23 Oct 10, 2013
Dave Clark doesn't know enough criminal law and procedure to conduct an investigation. Hopefully, he had one of his assistant district attorneys conduct the investigation. All Dave Clark does is take credit for work other people do and get his picture made with things like Child Help so he can promote himself and pretend to actually do something.
TN Voter

Kennewick, WA

#24 Oct 10, 2013
major cover up wrote:
Trust if Randall took the gun that murderous bastard wouldn't have got it back. That cop is a racist punk
The only reason why you call him a racist punk is because the dead guy is your relative.... You fail to look at your relatives criminal record.... In sure that the outcome would have been a lot different if Randall was an outstanding citizen.... But noooo.. He was in jail all the time...
Niceguyjimmy

Knoxville, TN

#25 Oct 11, 2013
shame on anderson county wrote:
God's law : Thou shalt not kill.
Murder is encourage in the bible.

Deuteronomy 24:16
"The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin."

Exodus 21:17 -
" And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death."

Exodus 21:16 -
"And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death."

Exodus 21:15 - "
And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death."

Leviticus 20:10
"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

Numbers 3:38
"And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp."

There are tons more, even in the New Testament about to orderly go about killing people.

Of course these are just 2'000 year old laws that applied to nomadic tribes. So you either better get to stoning some people or reveal in hypocrisy.
binaries

Knoxville, TN

#26 Oct 12, 2013
TN Voter wrote:
The only reason why you call him a racist punk is because the dead guy is your relative.... You fail to look at your relatives criminal record.... In sure that the outcome would have been a lot different if Randall was an outstanding citizen.... But noooo.. He was in jail all the time...
Yes, that's true. Randall was worthless. His family is better off without him.
know what you are talking

Clinton, TN

#27 Oct 12, 2013
binaries wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's true. Randall was worthless. His family is better off without him.
Randal was a great guy and his family needs him. so shut the hell up. you know people make mistakes hell I bet every day your sorry ass does. Yes Randal is kin to me hell he has a big big family so like I said you should of know him you would love him. Randal had a smile make every one smile so please leave him a loan and let him R.I.P It has been a year tomorrow and his family is still grieving so have a heart and stop he has kids that are old enough to see this site so again please stop.
bradley

Kingston, TN

#28 Oct 12, 2013
I believe they should reinstate hanging. These thugs would not be so eager to rob, rape, and murder someone then.
know what you are talking

Clinton, TN

#29 Oct 13, 2013
bradley wrote:
I believe they should reinstate hanging. These thugs would not be so eager to rob, rape, and murder someone then.
who you calling a thug?
too late

Knoxville, TN

#30 Oct 13, 2013
Seriously wrote:
This guy was in and out of jail on a constant basis. He knew that this time he had some serious charges and warrants for his arrest and he knew he would be going away for quite some time. He fled and actually took the officers gun and the officer got it back from him and then the assailant was shot. Bottom line is he chose his own path. I dont wish to speak ill of the deceased, however this is what happened. And with regard to his daughter I feel for her but he should have been a better person and father and led a different life. Drugs will turn someone into a completely different individual and I do feel for her. But in this case, I feel that it was his own fault by running and by taking the officers gun and the officer was doing his job and defending himself. Condolences to the family and I am sorry for your loss but the decendant could have prevented this by leading a different life.
You're absolutely right. This from KNS: October 19, 2012

"Wilcox had an extensive record of criminal charges, including violent crimes. He was awaiting trial in May on a February 2009 carjacking charge where he allegedly stabbed the victim in the neck."
binaries

Knoxville, TN

#31 Oct 15, 2013
Well, well, well. What is this? Now I see that the family of Randall Willcox has sued Anderson County hoping to get a big payout from the hard-working taxpayers.

How low can you go?

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/oct/15/laws...
CaSeY JoNeS

Oak Ridge, TN

#32 Dec 6, 2015
Fairly certain that compensation for his children & widow was on the items for discussion at the council meeting.
DA isnt for Distrct Atty

Gastonia, NC

#33 Dec 14, 2015
They pepper-sprayed kids up here in Andersonville and nothing ever happened over it. Y'all think they care about a black man.
panther party 2bad4u

United States

#34 Dec 14, 2015
It no matter he do! Kill, rape, murder, sell crack, smoke crack, beat bitches, smakin hoes, pimpin, just being all out mfin gangster. You'll be trippin if you'll don't believe......BLACK LIVES MATTER.....SHEET!!!!!!
Lynch party 2bad4u

Oak Ridge, TN

#35 Dec 15, 2015
panther party 2bad4u wrote:
It no matter he do! Kill, rape, murder, sell crack, smoke crack, beat bitches, smakin hoes, pimpin, just being all out mfin gangster. You'll be trippin if you'll don't believe......BLACK LIVES MATTER.....SHEET!!!!!!
If you weren't an ignorant racist just like all of your other people you would realize that 90% of black people that were killed this year were killed by other black people. I wish you all spent as much time trying to find a job as you doing rioting, protesting and blaming whites so me and my family don't have to keep supporting your sorry ass. Personally, I hope the 90% grows in 2016 so you all just keep weeding each other out. If you truly believe that black lives matter, make a stand against black on black crime. Until then, shut your f***ing mouth.
PANTHER PARTY 2BADWHITEY

United States

#36 Dec 16, 2015
Lynch party 2bad4u wrote:
<quoted text>
If you weren't an ignorant racist just like all of your other people you would realize that 90% of black people that were killed this year were killed by other black people. I wish you all spent as much time trying to find a job as you doing rioting, protesting and blaming whites so me and my family don't have to keep supporting your sorry ass. Personally, I hope the 90% grows in 2016 so you all just keep weeding each other out. If you truly believe that black lives matter, make a stand against black on black crime. Until then, shut your f***ing mouth.
Yo you shut your f***ing mouth! Cracker beetch! Ignorant white racist pig f***er! It like what I say, it no matter what he or we do. You the mofos that killin us! You see how it changing though watch those hopped up negros in Baltimore! Will be seeing who gets the lynching soon cracker! F the police and f yo stinkin ass! Times is changing! Whitey don't matter!!! BLACK LIVES DO!!!!!! STUPID REDNECK!!!!! I TAKE YO WIFE AND YO MOFO JOB BEEETCH!!!!!!!!
Lynch party 2bad4u

United States

#37 Dec 18, 2015
PANTHER PARTY 2BADWHITEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo you shut your f***ing mouth! Cracker beetch! Ignorant white racist pig f***er! It like what I say, it no matter what he or we do. You the mofos that killin us! You see how it changing though watch those hopped up negros in Baltimore! Will be seeing who gets the lynching soon cracker! F the police and f yo stinkin ass! Times is changing! Whitey don't matter!!! BLACK LIVES DO!!!!!! STUPID REDNECK!!!!! I TAKE YO WIFE AND YO MOFO JOB BEEETCH!!!!!!!!
If you knew how to read you would see that 90% of you idiots are killed by your own race. White people are killing you, you all are killing off your own race. And we all know you aren't gonna take anyone's job. I wish the people in Baltimore would try to riot where I'm from just once. It would put an end to all of your worthless people taking away what people have WORKED their entire lives for. But that's just how it is. The majority of black people in this country AE completely f***ing worthless. Just sit back with their hands out and blaming everyone for everything. Kinda like you just did. Thanks for proving my point.
Wat a joke

Antioch, TN

#38 Dec 18, 2015
This is a shame & no regard for anyone !
FeatherJane

Rutledge, TN

#39 Mar 10, 2016
too late wrote:
The good guy won. The bad guy lost. The bad guy's name was Randall Kyle Wilcox.
Hey fk you! That was my husband and getting shot 7 times in the back for not wearing a seat belt is ridiculous. I don't care what he had done in his life. And while you're bullshitting on the internet, that's why they got busted covering it up. Changing documents. Get a life.
FeatherJane

Rutledge, TN

#40 Mar 10, 2016
Seriously wrote:
This guy was in and out of jail on a constant basis. He knew that this time he had some serious charges and warrants for his arrest and he knew he would be going away for quite some time. He fled and actually took the officers gun and the officer got it back from him and then the assailant was shot. Bottom line is he chose his own path. I dont wish to speak ill of the deceased, however this is what happened. And with regard to his daughter I feel for her but he should have been a better person and father and led a different life. Drugs will turn someone into a completely different individual and I do feel for her. But in this case, I feel that it was his own fault by running and by taking the officers gun and the officer was doing his job and defending himself. Condolences to the family and I am sorry for your loss but the decendant could have prevented this by leading a different life.
He had a child support warrant with a $500 purge. Please tell me how that is serious..... Also his arrest record had 1 serious crime accompanied by a statement from the victim saying he wasn't in the car after it was stolen.... But Anderson county does what they want. All of his charges where child support and ftas so investigate before speaking.
FeatherJane

Rutledge, TN

#41 Mar 10, 2016
Correct wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because a cop pulled over a thug and found the thugs drugs and drug money? Then the cop confiscates the drugs and puts the money in his pocket??? Good! I don't worry about cops being thugs because I don't break te law. I
Have gotten pulled over for speeding, but you know what I did! I PAID THE TICKET because I was guilty! He didn't search my car or frisk me nor did he appear to be a thug. Why do they act that way toward you or your friends? It's just like McDonalds, you don't like the Big Mac then take your business elsewhere.. If the service sucks and the help is rude don't eat there. If you don't like the way they treat you at the police station, The cops are rude then take your business elsewhere and stay out of trouble you idiot.
Wrong. He was in possession of nothing. He had $20 on him and toxicology says he wasn't on anything. He didn't have a seat belt. But do continue to act like you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News America's deadliest shooting incidents are gett... 1 hr Sheriff Joe 529 443
News Fox Lake men say they were detained illegally d... 4 hr Irish Willie 11
News Manhunt is on (Aug '06) 10 hr Marty OBrien 6
News Suspect In Decker Lane Murder Turns Himself In (Sep '07) 21 hr Farts Candy 37
Las Vegas Shooter's Escape Plan Tue spying_eyes 1
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) Mon im fair are you 2,044
News Lawyers want Supreme Court to block Texas from ... Mon Hilton Head 4
More from around the web