DA: Anderson deputy cleared in shooti...

DA: Anderson deputy cleared in shooting death

There are 41 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Apr 12, 2013, titled DA: Anderson deputy cleared in shooting death. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

An Anderson County deputy's use of deadly force during a struggle in October didn't constitute a crime and was consistent with his training, Anderson County District Attorney General Dave Clark has concluded.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
too late

Knoxville, TN

#1 Apr 12, 2013
The good guy won. The bad guy lost. The bad guy's name was Randall Kyle Wilcox.
major cover up

Lexington, TN

#2 Apr 20, 2013
First of all this ain't the first time the police get away crimes in Anderson co. I was sexually abused by or police officer (1of 4) kids n he never got charged in my case only got 2 yrs of unsupervised probation n never once had to register on the sex offender registry. The DA office had no reason why he was even offered probation for the offense. As for Randall he was my family n a husband n a father, I know that's not how it all went down my cousin was murdered. Shot down in the back as he ran away he never had the officers gun . the only risk he posed was a flight risk. Randall was laid back always cool and smiling and not the violent criminal they made him out to be. Sad thing is there was no need to take a life that day what that cop took was someones son brother husband and father. Randall was family my family n we love and miss him so much. His blood is on the hands of all involved with the cover up of his murder.
Lawabidingcitize n

Knoxville, TN

#4 Apr 21, 2013
Dave Clark does nothing for ac
hey hey

Lexington, TN

#5 Apr 21, 2013
Who takes a cops gun then gives it back to be shot with seriously
too late

Knoxville, TN

#6 Apr 21, 2013
Randall Kyle Wilcox was nothing but a drug addicted thug. He will never again commit crimes against the citizens of Anderson County.

major cover up wrote:
First of all this ain't the first time the police get away crimes in Anderson co. I was sexually abused by or police officer (1of 4) kids n he never got charged in my case only got 2 yrs of unsupervised probation n never once had to register on the sex offender registry. The DA office had no reason why he was even offered probation for the offense. As for Randall he was my family n a husband n a father, I know that's not how it all went down my cousin was murdered. Shot down in the back as he ran away he never had the officers gun . the only risk he posed was a flight risk. Randall was laid back always cool and smiling and not the violent criminal they made him out to be. Sad thing is there was no need to take a life that day what that cop took was someones son brother husband and father. Randall was family my family n we love and miss him so much. His blood is on the hands of all involved with the cover up of his murder.
major cover up

Lexington, TN

#7 Apr 21, 2013
You must be the one who pulled the trigger why else would you be so hateful towards a deceased man. Maybe you don't believe in God or a day of judgment but there is and so who are you to judge without being judged yourself perhaps if you saw his daughter try to throw herself on his coffin you wouldn't be so disrespectful. After all did Christ not say let he without sin cast the first stone. Have some respect for his family u can't hurt Randall anymore.
Okay

Hermitage, TN

#8 Apr 22, 2013
major cover up wrote:
You must be the one who pulled the trigger why else would you be so hateful towards a deceased man. Maybe you don't believe in God or a day of judgment but there is and so who are you to judge without being judged yourself perhaps if you saw his daughter try to throw herself on his coffin you wouldn't be so disrespectful. After all did Christ not say let he without sin cast the first stone. Have some respect for his family u can't hurt Randall anymore.
do you have proof there is a judgement day and if so how do you feel Randall was judged.
Seriously

Maryville, TN

#9 Apr 22, 2013
This guy was in and out of jail on a constant basis. He knew that this time he had some serious charges and warrants for his arrest and he knew he would be going away for quite some time. He fled and actually took the officers gun and the officer got it back from him and then the assailant was shot. Bottom line is he chose his own path. I dont wish to speak ill of the deceased, however this is what happened. And with regard to his daughter I feel for her but he should have been a better person and father and led a different life. Drugs will turn someone into a completely different individual and I do feel for her. But in this case, I feel that it was his own fault by running and by taking the officers gun and the officer was doing his job and defending himself. Condolences to the family and I am sorry for your loss but the decendant could have prevented this by leading a different life.
Correct

United States

#10 Apr 22, 2013
Seriously wrote:
This guy was in and out of jail on a constant basis. He knew that this time he had some serious charges and warrants for his arrest and he knew he would be going away for quite some time. He fled and actually took the officers gun and the officer got it back from him and then the assailant was shot. Bottom line is he chose his own path. I dont wish to speak ill of the deceased, however this is what happened. And with regard to his daughter I feel for her but he should have been a better person and father and led a different life. Drugs will turn someone into a completely different individual and I do feel for her. But in this case, I feel that it was his own fault by running and by taking the officers gun and the officer was doing his job and defending himself. Condolences to the family and I am sorry for your loss but the decendant could have prevented this by leading a different life.
You are correct. No telling how many lives this officer saved by taking this guy out. I have heard countless stories of repeat offenders who go in and out of jail to eventually take an innocent persons life in a robbery or something of that nature. Look at repeat offenders for drunk driving, sex offenders, and yes thugs. They go back out and do it again and innocent people have to suffer. If I ever run into this cop on the street his lunch is on me. These criminals don't have ANY regards to an innocent person so therefore I have no regards for them. They don't care if that innocent person has a mama, a daughter, kids or whatever the case may be. If a man is willing to take a police officers gun then he poses a bigger threat to society. He must be stopped!!
major cover up

Lexington, TN

#11 Apr 22, 2013
Where's the proof he took the cops gun what they they never mentioned was, the witness in the car with randall
major cover up

Lexington, TN

#12 Apr 22, 2013
Trust if Randall took the gun that murderous bastard wouldn't have got it back. That cop is a racist punk
shame on anderson county

Lexington, TN

#13 Apr 22, 2013
God's law : Thou shalt not kill.
Pretty Girl

Clinton, TN

#14 Apr 22, 2013
Let the man rest in peace it doesn't matter if he had a horrible past everybody has a past there not proud of so let it be may he rip
Correct

United States

#15 Apr 22, 2013
major cover up wrote:
Trust if Randall took the gun that murderous bastard wouldn't have got it back. That cop is a racist punk
Well I knew the "race card" was going to be played on this. I will let you in On A secret... I am a racist except not toward black people. It's scumbags . If that means they are black, white, Hispanic, Asian or whatever the race may be. Most people feel the same way. So don't start throwing out your "Jessie Jackson", "Al Sharpton" racist B.S. the man was a thug and he broke the law on several occasions then got a little to big for his britches. if he was a white guy then everyone would feel the same way. You should blame "PUNK" attorneys and "Punk" judges for defending them and letting them back out on the street by finding loop holes in the system. Of the had have kept him in jail then maybe this would not happen..........Hey Yah! That's someone else you can blame too!
Pretty Girl

Tucker, GA

#16 Apr 23, 2013
Correct wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I knew the "race card" was going to be played on this. I will let you in On A secret... I am a racist except not toward black people. It's scumbags . If that means they are black, white, Hispanic, Asian or whatever the race may be. Most people feel the same way. So don't start throwing out your "Jessie Jackson", "Al Sharpton" racist B.S. the man was a thug and he broke the law on several occasions then got a little to big for his britches. if he was a white guy then everyone would feel the same way. You should blame "PUNK" attorneys and "Punk" judges for defending them and letting them back out on the street by finding loop holes in the system. Of the had have kept him in jail then maybe this would not happen..........Hey Yah! That's someone else you can blame too!
get a life h*e
Correct

United States

#17 Apr 23, 2013
Pretty Girl wrote:
<quoted text>get a life h*e
What? Truth hurt?
Correct

United States

#18 Apr 23, 2013
Honestly wrote:
Cops are thugs with badges. They will soon get what is coming to them.
Why? Because a cop pulled over a thug and found the thugs drugs and drug money? Then the cop confiscates the drugs and puts the money in his pocket??? Good! I don't worry about cops being thugs because I don't break te law. I
Have gotten pulled over for speeding, but you know what I did! I PAID THE TICKET because I was guilty! He didn't search my car or frisk me nor did he appear to be a thug. Why do they act that way toward you or your friends? It's just like McDonalds, you don't like the Big Mac then take your business elsewhere.. If the service sucks and the help is rude don't eat there. If you don't like the way they treat you at the police station, The cops are rude then take your business elsewhere and stay out of trouble you idiot.
Seriously

Maryville, TN

#19 Apr 23, 2013
major cover up wrote:
Where's the proof he took the cops gun what they they never mentioned was, the witness in the car with randall
You can pull the recordings of the radio traffic. I know you dont want to accept what is. But it is. He made a bad call and should have stayed in the car and not fled. Again sorry for your loss. But if your way of thinking was applied here the officer should have just gotten back in his car and driven away when the criminal fled. However my way of thinking is simple, lead a good and decent life and you wont have to flee because of past deeds which equal warrants for your arrest.
pork is agnst my religion

Lexington, TN

#20 Apr 25, 2013
Must be pigs on here hating cuz only pigs stick up for pigs. Yuck oak ridge needs some big city gangs to move in n start banging on dem boys then see how them boys attitude adjust real quick
Seriously

Maryville, TN

#21 Apr 26, 2013
If we apply that logic only a criminal would defend a criminal and then cry only God can judge someone. But yet we have these people called Judges...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scesny convicted of murder and rape (Mar '12) 13 hr Suomi 82
News Warrant: Man charged with murder agreed to meet... Sun Lilac St Cyr 1
News Recent SF Murder Seems Certain To Figure Into S... Sun Wildchild 4
News St. Louis braces for more protests after police... Sep 16 Team Kelly 1
News Third Bandido arrested in motorcycle bar shooting (Dec '14) Sep 16 Brian 99
News Attorney: Mississippi man shot in head by police Sep 16 treason watch 2
News Shumpert legal fights continues to shift, narrow Sep 16 Shift and narrow 29
More from around the web