US churches call for gun control foll...

US churches call for gun control following university shootings

There are 10 comments on the Ekklesia Daily News story from Apr 17, 2007, titled US churches call for gun control following university shootings. In it, Ekklesia Daily News reports that:

“Faith leaders have spoken up continually about the epidemic of gun violence in our country”

Expressing the sorrow of many Christians in the US at yesterday's killings in Virginia, the General Secretary of the National Council of Churches USA has also renewed the NCC's call for 'meaningful' legislation ... via Ekklesia Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ekklesia Daily News.

“Flagged from forum”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#1 Apr 17, 2007
I am a Christian but I know that taking guns out of the hands of the people wont change anything other than the outlaws having more of an advantage given that they will have guns if they are illegal or not. It is up to parents to raise their kids in a reponsible manner if they want a less violent society. We shouldnt be relagating to government what should be done by parents.

Since: Jan 07

AOL

#2 Apr 17, 2007
Oh My God!..Please NO GUN CONTROL! I can see the Liberals are going to make this Sicko their next Poster Child for Gun Control...The Gun he purchased was Controlled.

“Flagged from forum”

Since: Apr 07

Skokie, IL

#3 Apr 18, 2007
If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
Divine Alien

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

#4 Apr 24, 2008
If it is a cowboy country, everyone should be equipped with a gun. It seems not save to study in US. Even wearing a bullet-proof vest is not save.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#5 Apr 25, 2008
americanapoleon wrote:
I am a Christian but I know that taking guns out of the hands of the people wont change anything other than the outlaws having more of an advantage given that they will have guns if they are illegal or not. It is up to parents to raise their kids in a reponsible manner if they want a less violent society. We shouldnt be relagating to government what should be done by parents.
I am a Christian and I have a CCP. I also have a nice little armory going in my home for that wayward invader. Here is how you keep college shootings down. EVERYONE is packing. Then only a person who is too chicken to kill themself will whip out their peashooter and get blasted away. Problem solved.

Location hidden

#6 Apr 25, 2008
americanapoleon wrote:
If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
Agreed!

And if they are outlawed, then I will become an outlaw because I will not give them up.

Location hidden

#7 Apr 25, 2008
Divine Alien wrote:
If it is a cowboy country, everyone should be equipped with a gun. It seems not save to study in US. Even wearing a bullet-proof vest is not save.
Depends on where you live. But this isnt cowboy country. I know what you see on TV, but this isnt like what you see.
Divine Alien

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

#8 Apr 26, 2008
Kerdy 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on where you live. But this isnt cowboy country. I know what you see on TV, but this isnt like what you see.
My imagination about people bringng guns everywhere is just like see those cowboy movies in The High Chapparal or seeing Mr Clint Eastwood or late John Wayne in their movie actions. Sorry for my exaggerated imagination.

Location hidden

#9 Apr 26, 2008
Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
My imagination about people bringng guns everywhere is just like see those cowboy movies in The High Chapparal or seeing Mr Clint Eastwood or late John Wayne in their movie actions. Sorry for my exaggerated imagination.
Thats ok. A lot of people have the wrong picture in their minds about America. Its a real shame too.
Bukhari

Jersey City, NJ

#10 Jul 31, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Obama addressed 'many sides' after Dallas p... 6 hr Retribution 29
News Duson officer injured; driver and vehicle sought 7 hr Joes Smith Public 1
News SF Murder Victim Identified As Daly City Man (Oct '08) 10 hr LIL YATTA 43
News Tulsa Police Arrest Three For Homicide (Dec '09) 11 hr JessicasLilSister 74
News Police: Lincolnton man shot wife in head (May '13) Wed wondering 7
News Lifetime Is Making a TV Movie about Robert Durs... Wed Tex- 7
News Many Allentown homicides unsolved (Jun '09) Wed weaponX 95
More from around the web