Death investigation in Round Lake Beach

Death investigation in Round Lake Beach

There are 30 comments on the Daily Herald story from Mar 10, 2013, titled Death investigation in Round Lake Beach. In it, Daily Herald reports that:

Round Lake Beach officials are investigating the shooting death of a man who was found early Sunday morning, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Veronica Mena

Fox Lake, IL

#1 Mar 11, 2013
I can not believe how the Round Lake Beach police department has treated this case. The victims name is Gabriel Gonzales and despite the label that the Round Lake Beach police department are putting on this horrible act of violence, Gabriel was not affiliated with any gangs, He went to the Food and Liquor to buy some cigarettes and was gun downed by some gangbangers that didn't like the way Gabriel looked. He was only 19 yrs. old, he worked everyday to support his girlfriend and her 1 yr. old daughter, he was not a thug, a drug dealer, a gangster or a menace to the community, He was raised in a good home with a loving family. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was shot in the back as he was walking away from a situation he did not want to engage in. It's an absolute tragedy and whats worse is the way the police department is treating the case. Round Lake Beach is no longer a safe community to raise your kids and I blame it on the lack of good police work.
cray cray

Antioch, IL

#2 Mar 11, 2013
That shit makes no sense. My heart goes out to his family and friends. Can't even go to the store with out worring about getting shot. The police are worthless.
Jillian Guerra

United States

#3 Mar 11, 2013
The town is falling apart. The police look at everyone as a gang banger and think closed case. This towns police force has gone to the dogs since they got rid of the old police chiefs. My condolences to the family. I hope they find peace and get justice.
smiley1234

Antioch, IL

#4 Mar 11, 2013
Reports of shots fired were reported on Facebook at 1251am. Road was shut down at 145 am when I was coming home from work. Once again the media is fabricating stories. This is the second shooting in 2 weeks in RLB. Wtf is going on here???
RLB

Mchenry, IL

#5 Mar 11, 2013
More Mexican crime. Big surprise.
lol

United States

#6 Mar 11, 2013
Some whiteboy robbed a hair salon in Fox Lake , so dont know what your talking about, more mexican crime, whatever!
poyo

Round Lake, IL

#7 Mar 11, 2013
All school shooting are white people
RL VLN

Chicago, IL

#9 Mar 11, 2013
people on here talk about how Round Lake isn't bad nothing happens here, there are no gangs, I go to that liquor store. We live in a country ghetto suburb of Illinois, it gets crazy out here. I've been saying this a along but everyone was still clue less. Maybe now people will open there eyes a little more.
RL VLN

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 11, 2013
RLB wrote:
More Mexican crime. Big surprise.
who cares what color, its in MY community...RLB and RL are not safe places anymore, a shooting in front of Scottys hot dog stand, a shoot at the liquor store on fairfield, a shootin in hainsville, a shooting in RLP over loud music. Drugs everywhere in Lake County It has nothing to do with color it's Chicago gangs in the suburbs. Did u know Lake County, IL was rated the 9th most miserable place by forbes mag. I think that is bullshit, but either way gangs do not play out here, it's not wannabes like everyone thinks it's actual gang infestations and now it's hitting home.
fox laker

Lake Villa, IL

#12 Mar 11, 2013
dumbass gangbangers lol
yaaaa

Round Lake, IL

#13 Mar 12, 2013
ya he wasn't a banger right .. maybe he wasn't banging at the time.. & lack of police work stfu rl is not that bad . ya is fucked up he died i feel for his family. i know the guys who shot & i really doupt that twas for no reason!
yaaaa

Round Lake, IL

#14 Mar 12, 2013
he wasn't a banger!!?? his boys here talking shit^! once again the media makes it look like he didn't do anything wrong. he shoulove though bout it when he joined a gang. that's usually the outcome!
ONLY ME

Mchenry, IL

#17 Mar 12, 2013
poyo wrote:
All school shooting are white people
YOU RIGHT !!!!!!!
Round Lake Mama

Round Lake, IL

#18 Mar 12, 2013
Why is it the police department's fault that there are too many gangbangers in our villages? Police should be protecting taxpayers not criminal from each other!
Legal Immigrant

Chicago, IL

#19 Mar 13, 2013
Maybe INS should go door to door. Deport all the illegals and there won't be any problems any more. Send their anchor babies packing with them.
45yrs in RLB

Grayslake, IL

#20 Mar 13, 2013
RLB wrote:
This guy was just another POS Mexican thug, 19 years old, already with one kid with some random slut. She will have to find another greaseball to have her other 6 kids with. Good riddance, now hopefully they find the other POS who shot him and deport his scuzzy ass.
You are so Stupid, first of all get the facts straight before you open your mouth, typical of people to just ASSume, you ASS. Why do people assume that because a person is 19 with a kid that the girl is a slut. F...n stupid the family is upset with this I just hope that your family never has to get news like this. I will pray for your dumb ASS. Get educated and think before you speak. and who knows maybe she will hook up with the greaseball of a family member of yours next hahaha.
yaaaa

Round Lake, IL

#21 Mar 13, 2013
if he would switch his hat none of this nonsense would happen! but he didn't because he was another FUCKED up gangbanger that would risk his life over a hat. just because some latinos are gangbangers don't mean their all bad people. there are some hardworking once that work 2 jobs and their lazy ones who make that easy money. just like whites theirs bad and good people
How sad

Chicago, IL

#22 Mar 13, 2013
How sad society has become, I don't even want to know what the future holds for us it's a shame that we as in many races are blessed to live and share such a great country and yet we can't value it, it's easy to blame the police but the truth is the value of life, respect for others, morals etc starts at home so as many ask "what's with the police not doing their jobs?" I ask myself "what's with the parents, where are they? Since when has it been up to the police to teach OUR CHILDREN right from wrong?"
No more

Cedar Lake, IN

#23 Mar 13, 2013
Stop killing eachouther its just dumb moved from city this place is worse and our police departments are completly lost and have no chance to combat the gangs and violence most of our police are from the suberbs or are former military and have no clue
Terrible

Round Lake, IL

#24 Mar 14, 2013
Round Lake has well over 50 different "known" gangs in the area. So imagine how many members are in our community! If anyone is interested there is a book that lists which gangs and known members at the library. I believe as a community we have a duty to keep an eye on each other and to report what we have seen. Let's not play the blame game, let's do something about it. Don't give these gang bangers the power to intimidate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teen gets prison in unintentional Columbus fata... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 2 hr Dr G 1,889
News Man shoots self after hostage-taking, standoff,... (Sep '09) 4 hr April 13
News San Francisco police chief releases more racist... 4 hr Julie Jane 1
News Shooting suspect stole woman's car during robbe... 6 hr Sneaky Pete 1
News Man Accused of Shooting at Rochester Police Off... 7 hr Yankee Dave 8
News Pregnant woman shot, learning to walk again 19 hr commenters 1
More from around the web