Two-Headed Calf Born in Augusta County

Apr 4, 2013 Read more: NBC29 Charlottesville 24
A man who works for the Library of Congress will stay locked up while he waits to go to trial for allegedly posting fake sex ads on Craigslist targeting an ex-girlfriend. A man who works for the Library of Congress will stay locked up while he waits to go to trial for allegedly posting fake sex ads on Craigslist targeting an ex-girlfriend. The ... (more) Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Orange County

Gordonsville, VA

#1 Apr 6, 2013
Definitely not one of a kind. There was one born last year in Orange County, Virginia. My husband went to look at it and took pictures.
chip

Palmyra, VA

#3 Apr 6, 2013
does not surprise me... all the pollution in that county....
Ashley

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Apr 6, 2013
If that calf survives, and lives a long healthy life, it would be amazing. I just hope it's not in any pain :/
RandomThoughts

Waynesboro, VA

#6 Apr 7, 2013
I hope the vet does a thourough assesment with other resources if need be to make sure this animal is not suffering .

Nature can be cruel , we don't have to be .
RandomThoughts

Waynesboro, VA

#7 Apr 7, 2013
chip wrote:
We don't have a Nuclear Plant :) on this side of the Mountain.

Ever seen the size of those catfish on the warm side of Anna .

Size of a volkswagen.
Debbie McWilliams

Partlow, VA

#9 Apr 7, 2013
The only strange thing about this birth is that the calf is still living. I wonder how the mother cow is doing?

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

#10 Apr 7, 2013
chip wrote:
What type of pollution are you referring to?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Apr 7, 2013
ya know what they say about 2 heads
ObservationDeck

Palmyra, VA

#13 Apr 8, 2013
Sounds like a description of what the federal government has become. It's freakish how similar they are!(Pay close attention to the part about "has been trying to stand....but has not yet succeeded." Sound familiar?)
Anna

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Apr 8, 2013
Please make the main focus of this issue the health, comfort and well being of this little one. He/she didn't ask to be born like this. I hope the vet does the right thing, whatever that is. This little one should not be treated as a circus freak. Have a heart. Animals have feelings and can feel pain.
Animal advocate

Alexandria, VA

#15 Apr 8, 2013
I am happy to see that the majority of people on this site are concerned for the little creature and not using this story to make their jokes. Sometimes I wonder how people can be so cruel. Hurray for the caring people who aren't ashamed to speak up!
Just my opinion

Richmond, VA

#16 Apr 9, 2013
Hoping this calf lives a healthy, pain free life. Also hoping NBC reports it's progress. God makes everyone and everything differently. There is nothing wrong with that.
Amy

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Apr 9, 2013
Debbie McWilliams wrote:
The only strange thing about this birth is that the calf is still living. I wonder how the mother cow is doing?
Debbie, I may be wrong in this particular instance, but this is a Holstein calf and normally on dairy farms the calves are bottle fed. Mamas are put back to the milkers, so most likely Mama doesn't know anything about her baby.

In this case that might be the most compassionate thing as it's doubtful the poor thing will survive. The fact that it hasn't stood up yet doesn't sound good.
Kaboom

Alexandria, VA

#18 Apr 9, 2013
Anna wrote:
Please make the main focus of this issue the health, comfort and well being of this little one. He/she didn't ask to be born like this. I hope the vet does the right thing, whatever that is. This little one should not be treated as a circus freak. Have a heart. Animals have feelings and can feel pain.
Do you eat meat?
Animal advocate

Alexandria, VA

#19 Apr 9, 2013
Kaboom wrote:
<quoted text>Do you eat meat?
Personally, I do not eat meat, but I can never figure out why it has to be all or nothing...shouldn't we be able to feel compassion for this little animal regardless? Is it okay for it to suffer because people eat meat? Just asking....
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#20 Apr 9, 2013
Animal advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I do not eat meat, but I can never figure out why it has to be all or nothing...shouldn't we be able to feel compassion for this little animal regardless? Is it okay for it to suffer because people eat meat? Just asking....
Because Reductio ad absurdum is fun.
It's clear that "Kaboom" thinks dog torture, ala Michael Vick and serial killers is justifying because people go to McDonalds.
chip

Palmyra, VA

#21 Apr 10, 2013
RandomThoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have a Nuclear Plant :) on this side of the Mountain.
Ever seen the size of those catfish on the warm side of Anna .
Size of a volkswagen.
but you do have a ton of pollution from all those crappy plants you have around there...
chip

Palmyra, VA

#22 Apr 10, 2013
C-Ville Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>What type of pollution are you referring to?
every stinking plant you have lined up in and around that county.... christ when I lived in grottoes I wouldn't drink the water over there...
Birth Certificate

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Apr 10, 2013
I blame Obama for this!
real central Va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Apr 11, 2013
NBC editors...check the story below the headline...something about a Library of Congress employee locked up for sex ads?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBI PHILIPPINES - http://nbi.gov.ph (Nov '07) 4 hr liberts 195
News Shreveport police shoot 34-year-old man (Apr '07) 5 hr Kimyatta 48
News Two People Charged In Shooting Murder (Nov '09) 6 hr Dana Shields 123
News Chicago homicides, shootings up in 2015 7 hr reality is a crutch 1
News Coroner's inquest clears Darby marshal in fatal... (Jul '06) 9 hr Eat at joes 8
News St. Paul man convicted, sentenced to life in pr... (Nov '09) 16 hr guinnychic 30
News Two teens charged with murder (Jul '09) 18 hr lowndes money 7
More from around the web