Voter ID Bill Opposition Growing in R...

Voter ID Bill Opposition Growing in Richmond

There are 87 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 22, 2013, titled Voter ID Bill Opposition Growing in Richmond. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A grassroots movement in opposition to new voting legislation is cropping up in Richmond.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

John

Dillwyn, VA

#61 Jan 25, 2013
Sorry, I meant "The issue AGAINST showing ID to vote is merely a smoke screen"...
citizen

Bremo Bluff, VA

#62 Jan 25, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I've never heard of this before, do you have anything to cite that? I know I can cite a sec. of state who is teh head election official and that attempt voter fraud, but this is new news to me.
I was living at Bailey's Crossroads when the scandal happened. Use keywords like "DMV", and "fraudulent driver's licenses" and see the google results.

Ask your local cops and convenience store clerks about the games people play with driver's licenses.

Once you get a license you become an instant voter!

The whiners in Richmond are nothing but two faced and those with a little bit of life experience know it.
Judy

Charlottesville, VA

#63 Jan 25, 2013
Eric Cartman wrote:
Delegate Bell, why not introduce legislation to provide transparency to campaign financing? It would be nice to see what corporations are buying our politicians. Why not wear sponsorships on your suits like NASCAR? We ought to have the right to know who is bribing you.
Yes, we might get more transparency from the dems, finally.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#64 Jan 25, 2013
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dems? like they're the only ones on the take? pleeeeeeeeeeeese.
citizen

Bremo Bluff, VA

#65 Jan 25, 2013
Voter Fraud?

Read this article---

"Corrupt DMV Official Sentenced to 46 Months For Assisting Illegal Aliens In Obtaining Virginia Driver's Licenses" dated April 6, 2012 from the Justice Department

This case is nothing compared to the Bailey's Crossroads office tha was shut down.

It's called research.
citizen

Bremo Bluff, VA

#66 Jan 25, 2013
DMV Illegal Aliens Drivers License-----

Plug those five words into your internet search and see what is going on across the nation

Things are now out of control and few want to fact the facts
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#67 Jan 25, 2013
citizen wrote:
Voter Fraud?
Read this article---
"Corrupt DMV Official Sentenced to 46 Months For Assisting Illegal Aliens In Obtaining Virginia Driver's Licenses" dated April 6, 2012 from the Justice Department
This case is nothing compared to the Bailey's Crossroads office tha was shut down.
It's called research.
Yeah, that wasn't linked to voter fraud but ID fraud, not the same thing.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#68 Jan 25, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you get a license you become an instant voter!
except, that's not true.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#69 Jan 25, 2013
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/30/in...

"Indiana's top elections official is himself facing allegations of voter fraud.

Secretary of State Charlie White, a Republican, is in the unusual position of being the person entrusted to protect the integrity of the ballot box, while at the same time fighting seven felony charges involving allegations he registered to vote at his ex-wife's house and served as a local councilman when he actually lived outside the district."
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#70 Jan 25, 2013
John wrote:
Showing ID is not the real issue here folks.
The real issue is obtaining LEGAL ID. You have to actually prove that you live where you say you live and that you are a LEGAL U.S. Citizen to obtain LEGAL ID. The issue of showing ID to vote is merely a smoke screen by the opposition to draw attention away from Illegal Aliens.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2012/12/21/immigration-deporta tion_n_2348090.html
In the past, neither party has shown real interest, outside of the rhetoric, in enforcing the already adequate laws on the books.
Jack from central Va

Charlottesville, VA

#71 Jan 25, 2013
Why would you NOT want to identify yourself to vote??????????
You're an Illegal?
Your a Felon???
You want to vote more than once??
ETC..???
trouble

South Boston, VA

#72 Jan 25, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I posted before, show me one proven case of voter ID fraud this law would have prevented. Just ONE.
Anywhere, anytime.......
(hint: registering doesn't count)
Read again they registered and voted geez get over it, it happens illegals do it, harry ried loves it I dont see the problem.
trouble

South Boston, VA

#73 Jan 25, 2013
Heck we always have accorn to fall back on
Eric Cartman

Charlottesville, VA

#74 Jan 25, 2013
How about this, only let people BORN in Virginia vote in Virginia. AND, only allow people BORN in Virginia be able to run and hold public office in Virginia. The list of politicians actually born in this commonwealth is much smaller than you realize. So why change districts and change voting laws, when you still have a mediocre field of carpetbagging candidates to choose from. If northern sates are so great, why come to Virginia and try to turn this commonwealth into a cesspool like where they came from? Send them home with the pull of a lever, to ruin another state on someone elses dime.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#75 Jan 25, 2013
trouble wrote:
<quoted text>
Read again they registered and voted geez get over it, it happens illegals do it, harry ried loves it I dont see the problem.
you read your own post again, jeez

"An ongoing review of voter registration rolls in Florida has already found almost 100 confirmed non-citizens registered to vote, half of whom voted in at least one previous election"

try again, with a link to the sentence or fine

not some 'ongoing review' by breitbart, but actual proof backed up with a fine or conviction

I only need - ONE !
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#76 Jan 25, 2013
trouble wrote:
Heck we always have accorn to fall back on
heh
trouble

South Boston, VA

#77 Jan 25, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
you read your own post again, jeez
"An ongoing review of voter registration rolls in Florida has already found almost 100 confirmed non-citizens registered to vote, half of whom voted in at least one previous election"
try again, with a link to the sentence or fine
not some 'ongoing review' by breitbart, but actual proof backed up with a fine or conviction
I only need - ONE !
Another direct vote fraud was seen in Iowa, the Iowa GOP reports there were a total of 79 votes cast at one caucus, but only 53 people attended that night, and 20 of the non-existent votes went to Romney.

There have been many votes lost in this election, Ron Paul should have won at least Maine and Iowa
trouble

South Boston, VA

#78 Jan 25, 2013
Voters from at least half a dozen states reported that touchscreen voting machines had incorrectly recorded their choices, the touchscreens were not initialized, meaning that if you press somewhere on the screen, it would think you pressed somewhere else – voting for someone else. All these on video in front of House of Representatives, where people were being denied to talk without signed senator help, by Dick Cheney, the new Vice-President, only one being heard and dismissed. Why change a system that helps them. Even in 2000 presidential recount, some counties reported the machines had minus counts, -16,022 votes in one county, but we all know that the U.S. Supreme Court stopped that recount
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#79 Jan 25, 2013
trouble wrote:
<quoted text>
Another direct vote fraud was seen in Iowa, the Iowa GOP reports there were a total of 79 votes cast at one caucus, but only 53 people attended that night, and 20 of the non-existent votes went to Romney.
There have been many votes lost in this election, Ron Paul should have won at least Maine and Iowa
did breitbart see it?

I need proof of just ONE. Let's see a link to a story about an actual conviction of voter ID fraud.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#80 Jan 25, 2013
trouble wrote:
Voters from at least half a dozen states reported that touchscreen voting machines had incorrectly recorded their choices, the touchscreens were not initialized, meaning that if you press somewhere on the screen, it would think you pressed somewhere else – voting for someone else. All these on video in front of House of Representatives, where people were being denied to talk without signed senator help, by **** Cheney, the new Vice-President, only one being heard and dismissed. Why change a system that helps them. Even in 2000 presidential recount, some counties reported the machines had minus counts,-16,022 votes in one county, but we all know that the U.S. Supreme Court stopped that recount
What does this have to do with voter ID fraud?

You want fraud, it is the electoral changes bill the VA GOP is trying to pass over on the voters of this state.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Walker knocks Clinton for her Milwaukee shootin... 48 min INFIDEL 322
News While Milwaukee Burns, Obama Plays Golf 5 hr Snidely70448 3
News Man sentenced to 17 years in 2013 homicide 19 hr They cannot kill ... 2
News Jury Selection Expected in 2010 Mathis Murder Case (Apr '13) Thu Sad 77
News Two Charged In Home Invasion Robbery and Rape (Aug '10) Wed little sista 170
News a I want them in jail:a 8-year-old wounded in s... Wed grounded in reality 1
News How did Amber Woods die? (Mar '08) Wed Her cousin Diana 17
More from around the web