18-year-old Carlsbad man shot to deat...

18-year-old Carlsbad man shot to death Saturday night.

There are 51 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Jan 18, 2009, titled 18-year-old Carlsbad man shot to death Saturday night.. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

Police have confirmed that an 18-year-old Carlsbad man, Christopher Lee, was the victim in a fatal shooting Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Vickie Davis

Coweta, OK

#1 Jan 18, 2009
Chris Lee was an employee of Carlsbad WalMart as a customer service manager. He was just starting his life and he will be sorely missed.
Satter0811

Clovis, NM

#2 Jan 18, 2009
Wow, I graduated with Chris, class of '08 He will be missed.
That sucks.
q ball

Lovington, NM

#3 Jan 18, 2009
poor kid.He was too young. I heard it was a party.
OOMPA LOOMPA

Lovington, NM

#4 Jan 18, 2009
That kid will be missed by his parents family and relatives.
Concerned about Our Kids

Tucumcari, NM

#6 Jan 18, 2009
I heard it was a party as well, horseplay with a handgun, they removed the clip but failed to remove (more likley didn't know to remove) the shell in the chamber, don't know who was holding the gun when it went off. Tragic!
may know her

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Jan 18, 2009
Chris was a very responsible young man for his age. It is so tragic for a mistake to have been made if it was playing with a gun and f:d up if it was murder! May he RIP and Trina and her family help get through this with the grace of God!
Previous Resident

El Paso, TX

#14 Jan 19, 2009
I don't believe it, this young man lost his life and people are on here talking about him being in a gang, not having responsibility to leave the party, or maturity to do the right thing. How many times has a person been somewhere where something was going on whether it is with a friend or family that was not right, and they stayed there. Whether it's drugs, underage drinking, speeding, running red lights, stealing, what ever and they didn't do the right thing. He was just a kid, and he lost his life. Have some sympathy for his family or keep your mouth shut unless you know what happened. This site is just used for rumors and rumors alone, unless you were there, you don't know and can't possibly assume what happened. I pray that a accident doesn't fall on your family and you have to hear this kind of negative feed back. His family are on my thoughts, especially his parents, because no matter what he did to be there, his parents still lost a son, and that alone can drive a person crazy.
shocked

Tucumcari, NM

#15 Jan 19, 2009
Can we all please act like adults and not turn this thread into another trash talking...name calling...carlsbad bashing thread. Family and friends a mouning the loss of Chris..regardless if it was an accident or murder...we still need time to grieve.
ONE EYE

Hobbs, NM

#16 Jan 19, 2009
I HOPE THAT THIS FAMILY HAS TIME TO GRIEVE THERE LOSS IN PRIVATE AND NOT PUT AS A TOPIC OF CONVERSATION. EVERYONE DESERVES TO MOURN IN PEACE.
Niki

United States

#17 Jan 19, 2009
Chris was always a very polite young man!! I am very sure he will be missed alot!! I pray this was just an accident.
A kid

Carlsbad, NM

#18 Jan 19, 2009
Well first off his father was a pastor and kids go to parties no matter. You can't blame the parents on that because kids lie. He wasn't in a gang either. He was a great kid at the wrong place at the wrong time. Inwent to school.worh chris lee and he was not a trouble maker or bad kid. It's tragic on what happens but until the right story comes out I don't think younshould gossip or judge becuase that could have been your kid and you know you wouldnt want people to judge. It was a tragic thing so just pray for his family. R.I.P Chris Lee
R Wilson

Muncy, PA

#19 Jan 19, 2009
I don't know how any of you can turn this situation into a debate. I am sure this board was put up to offer condolences. This is not a time to discuss gun laws or bash the character of the one who is no longer with us or here to defend himself. Show some RESPECT and allow his family and friends to grieve and mourn in peace.

To the family and friends of Chris, I offer my deepest sympathies at this time. I am so sorry for such a loss.
girl who knew him

United States

#20 Jan 19, 2009
you guys who says he wasnt a good kid just because he was a party! thats BS he was a good kid he had his head on straight he was going to college and was working he had a a big heart and was willing to help anyone who needed it..like every kid in this town they go to parties doesnt mean they were drinkin or anything he was there because that was his really close friends house and that is a rumor about them playing with guns if u dont know the whole story dont talk shit!!! a life was lost, and all u guys are sayin was he should of been smarter his parents should of guided him better, seriously sct like adults! this wasnt put here for you guys to talk about him show some respect!! he will vbe missed by wll who knew him..as A GOOD kid who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

and as for this comment
USMC 0311

Comments: 48

Carlsbad, NM
|Report Abuse |#9 13 hrs ago
Truly senseless. How is it that this seemingly "good" kid is at a party and doesn't leave as soon as the gun was brought out? Life is not a video game and maturity was absent that night. Proof that the youngsters today aren't capable of making the right choices.]

we are capable of making the right choices so dont judge us..he was a good kid end of story if ur gonanleave rude remarks dont leave anythin he was my friend so dont judge him u diddnt know him!

RIP chris lee u will truly be missed
Good for you

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Jan 19, 2009
USMC 0311 wrote:
Truly senseless. How is it that this seemingly "good" kid is at a party and doesn't leave as soon as the gun was brought out? Life is not a video game and maturity was absent that night. Proof that the youngsters today aren't capable of making the right choices. I am bummed out that now the anti-gun nuts will use this as another 'hammer' to beat on the 2nd Amendment. Liberals love this sort of lunacy...it validates their skewed outlook. Oh they'll wail and gnash their teeth(in public) but beneath the rehearsed grief they are all warm and fuzzy that another incident 'proves' they are right.
That's all you can think to write? Picking fights over gun control? You are a sad individual. Again...may God be with him and his family.
Patricia Lee

San Mateo, CA

#23 Jan 19, 2009
Tonto wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he was in a gang.
I am his aunt and Christoper Lee was no gang member, so please don't speak and speculate on what you don't know. For the rest of you, it wasn't horesplay either. My nephew was murdered in cold blood and those responsible will pay...
Tonto

Carlsbad, NM

#24 Jan 19, 2009
Patricia Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am his aunt and Christoper Lee was no gang member, so please don't speak and speculate on what you don't know. For the rest of you, it wasn't horesplay either. My nephew was murdered in cold blood and those responsible will pay...
Ms. Lee,
I offer my condolences. I did not make the post you quoted. Some coward used my name in their post. I cannot understand why some on this board intentionally try to cause others pain. I wish you and your family peace.

Hallelujah

“I'm Hal”

Since: Sep 08

Carlsbad

#25 Jan 19, 2009
Tonto wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not my post; I do not participate in such gossip. I do not abide trolls who post under others' user names.
Tonto... Honestly if this wasnt you then please sign up for topix and create a profile... that way we know it's you and not the ANON ANTAGONIST.

I actually belive you on this, and think I KNOW who did this one...
dragonlady

Levelland, TX

#27 Jan 19, 2009
Patricia Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, I worked with Chris & I want to offer my condolences. I also know & love his mom, Trina is in my books a saint for all she has done & gone through in life. She raised those kids right. Chris always had a smile on his face, was willing to joke around with all of us. He never had a bad word for anyone. We will miss him, I first meet him when I was at Sally's talking to his mom & Calvin brought the kids in Chris was 12 at the time. I came to care about this wonderful loving happy young man, as did so many who knew him. Walmart has been like a living tomb since we found out. It is hard to make it through our day knowing he isn't there. Your posting has confirmed for me what many off us have heard said & with all our hearts believe, that our friend & co-worker was murdered! It is my sincerest hope that in defending him on this forum I and others who are doing the same have not hurt you or offended you. If there is anything you, Trina, Calvin, and the boys need please feel free to let us at walmart know. Our prayers, love & best go out to you all.

Hallelujah

“I'm Hal”

Since: Sep 08

Carlsbad

#28 Jan 19, 2009
Ms. Lee,
I to, offer my condolences. I do not belive the post you quoted was made by Tonto. Some cowardly poster has used several posters names in the past. This person cannot deal with people in a normal fashion and delights in causing havoc on this board. Please understand that most posters on this board DO NOT intentionally wish to cause others harm and pain. I also wish you and your family healing and peace during this sad time.
Mary

Carlsbad, NM

#31 Jan 19, 2009
You know if they corralled all the drug dealers we would'nt have any business places in town,then we really would appricate Wall-mart, think about it, you know it will never happen. The drugs will go on forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If an assault weapons ban can't stop school sho... 13 min Sheriff Joe 529 822
News Homicide rate in Knoxville, Knox County hits hi... 23 min Yo Mayor Mad 8
News Manhunt is on (Aug '06) 19 hr Florence Shellington 10
News Teens charged with violent crimes also linked t... Fri Bluntruth 1
News Reputed Gang Member Faces New Charges Fri Eye 4 N Eye 2
News Two Dead In Elgin Shooting (Jul '10) Wed Small Towner in OK 14
News Las Vegas man shot neighbor as he lay on ground... Wed Yikes 2