Ind. could be first to require armed ...

Ind. could be first to require armed school employees

There are 583 comments on the USA Today story from Apr 3, 2013, titled Ind. could be first to require armed school employees. In it, USA Today reports that:

The Indiana House Education Committee approved legislation Tuesday, April 2, 2013, that would mandate the creation of a protection officer for each school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#413 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's on display at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave; feel free to look it over.
"......gays didn't serve 26 years ago."
Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber!
hahahaah on display at the white house......you are a hoot. You must be a veteran of the easter egg roll.

Paris

#414 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, because unlike guns, the primary purpose of a box cutter isn't to kill.
More people are wounded than killed with a gun. Wouldn't that be the primary purpose?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#415 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So the gun restrictions obviously do work in some cases, otherwise the headline would have read 14 shot to death at Texas college, instead of 14 injured.
Texas doesnt have the gun Restrictions like Illinois.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#416 Apr 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>More people are wounded than killed with a gun. Wouldn't that be the primary purpose?
Nope, it's just more proof why most of these morons shouldn't have guns.

Tawas City, Michigan

#417 Apr 9, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Texas doesnt have the gun Restrictions like Illinois.
So anyone can buy any gun anywhere at any time in Texas without background checks or showing ID or any other limits?

Really??

I think you better double check Texas law.

Location hidden

#418 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So anyone can buy any gun anywhere at any time in Texas without background checks or showing ID or any other limits?
Really??
I believe you don't know the culture difference between Texas(Pro gun state) and Illinois(Anti gun state).

Paris

#419 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??
Key word Not The Same Restrictions. Few if any states do have what Illinois does.

Tawas City, Michigan

#420 Apr 9, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you don't know the culture difference between Texas(Pro gun state) and Illinois(Anti gun state).
Having lived for years in both states, I'd say I have a better idea than you.

Illinois is not an anti-gun state; Chicago is definitetly an anti-gun city, but the whole state? No.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#421 Apr 9, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you face the reality of the 2000 and 2004 elections, eh, phatphuck? Eh?
it's 2013 even at your bottle collection center , BQ.

Location hidden

#422 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??
So EVERY TIME anyone buys a gun anywhere any time in Texas they go through a background check and have to show ID?

You ought to check Texas law at least once and get some help with someone who graduated from high school.

Location hidden

#423 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it's just more proof why most of these morons shouldn't have guns.
Morons like you who don't even know your own state law.

Let's add pass written exam after the background check.
Cat74

United States

#424 Apr 9, 2013
I see no valid reason to make people without a criminal record submit to a background check, and criminals are not supposed to have guns. There s a nationwide criminal record system. Use it to verify a record, and leave the law abiding Americans alone. In Illinois, in the last 5 years less then 1 tebth of 1% of those who violated the background check were prosecuted by the Attorney Generals office.

Location hidden

#425 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Having lived for years in both states, I'd say I have a better idea than you.
Illinois is not an anti-gun state; Chicago is definitetly an anti-gun city, but the whole state? No.
I have resided in both states too and you couldn't of or you would see & know there is a big difference between Texas & Illinois gun laws and yes the whole state of Illinois is anti-gun and restrictive statewide and especially with CCW's.

Illinois does not issue licenses for the concealed carry of firearms, nor does it recognize licenses issued by other states. Illinois is the only state that does not allow concealed carry in some form. Open carry is also prohibited in most areas. When a firearm is being transported, it must be unloaded and enclosed in a case. On December 11, 2012, these blanket restrictions were struck down as unconstitutional by a federal appeals court panel, which gave the state 180 days to change its laws. On February 22, 2013, a request by the Illinois attorney general for a rehearing by the full appeals court was denied.

To legally possess firearms or ammunition, Illinois residents must have a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card, issued by the state police. Non-residents who may legally possess firearms in their home state are exempt from this requirement. There is a waiting period to take possession after purchasing a firearm 72 hours for a handgun, or 24 hours for a rifle or shotgun. Private sales are allowed, and are subject to these same requirements. Possession of automatic firearms, short-barreled shotguns, or silencers is prohibited. Possession of short-barreled rifles is permitted only for those who have ATF Curios and Relics licenses or are members of a military reenactment group.

Illinois does not have state preemption for gun laws, and some local governments have enacted ordinances that are more restrictive than those of the state

Gun laws in Illinois

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Illi...

Gun laws in Texas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Texa...

Location hidden

#426 Apr 9, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
I see no valid reason .
You are a compulsive liar.

No one is going to ask you for anything you consider valid.

Location hidden

#427 Apr 9, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I have resided in both states too and you couldn't of or you would see
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Location hidden

#428 Apr 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>More people are wounded than killed with a gun. Wouldn't that be the primary purpose?
Nope. People miss.

Except for the teenagers who find daddy's unlocked gun when feeling blue.

Tawas City, Michigan

#429 Apr 9, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
I see no valid reason to make people without a criminal record submit to a background check, and criminals are not supposed to have guns. There s a nationwide criminal record system. Use it to verify a record, and leave the law abiding Americans alone. In Illinois, in the last 5 years less then 1 tebth of 1% of those who violated the background check were prosecuted by the Attorney Generals office.
There's no way of knowing a person doesn't have a criminal record unless you do a background check. That's kinda the whole point of doing a background check- to stop those who DO have a criminal record from buying a gun.

I'd suggest you address the failure to prosecute with the AGs offfice. Those are to separate issues.

Location hidden

#430 Apr 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are none so blind as those who will not see.
I have no use for Illinois.
Cat74

United States

#431 Apr 9, 2013
There is a national data base that will identify a criminal almost immediately. You put in the name, and if they have no recors that should be the end of the check. Obama wants much more information then he has a right to.

Location hidden

#432 Apr 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. People miss.
Except for the teenagers who find daddy's unlocked gun when feeling blue.
speaking of finding daddy's unlocked gun but not feeling blue.

Child shoots, kills Tenn. deputy's wife at weekend cookout

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57578566/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Attorney: Mississippi man shot in head by police 13 hr yidfellas hate USA 12
News Murdered decade ago, Brandon, then 8, is still ... (Oct '07) 13 hr Sharon Taint 26
News Arizona Cop Acquitted for Fatal Shooting Thu Kev from Michigan 1
News Homicide rate in Knoxville, Knox County hits hi... Wed Preacher Bubba 2
News Amid calls for peace, more violence Wed They cannot kill ... 8
News Jermayne Timmons Indicted on Five Counts in Kat... (Jul '08) Wed SDT 20
News Shreveport police shoot 34-year-old man (Apr '07) Tue Kimyatta 72
More from around the web