Ind. could be first to require armed ...

Ind. could be first to require armed school employees

There are 583 comments on the USA Today story from Apr 3, 2013, titled Ind. could be first to require armed school employees. In it, USA Today reports that:

The Indiana House Education Committee approved legislation Tuesday, April 2, 2013, that would mandate the creation of a protection officer for each school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#265 Apr 5, 2013
D0ctorMag1c wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point... 2 or 3 cops in a school could help though.
Why not a platoon of Marines?

Of course... when Marines get bored they have a habit of playing with their pieces and end up shooting themselves and each other... give them one bullet each and put it in their pocket like Barney.

Location hidden

#266 Apr 5, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "anti-profilers" certainly had a leg to stand on post 9/11 when we started searching 80 year old grandmothers at the airport, instead of targeting 20-40 year old men of Arabic descent.
You haven't been in an airport since 9-11, eh?
FormerParatroope r

United States

#267 Apr 5, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the root of the problem is overpopulation. Most big cities have similar problems- LA, Philly, Houston, Dallas, Seattle, Boston, Miami, etc. That's what happens when you cram millions of people into a few square miles.
It's their problem to solve.
Part of it is. Another part is lack of common decency, proper upbringing and a lack of personal responsibility. Yet among all that, there are still good and decent people that are grouped among the problem people. A few make it out of it.

So what do we do? Ban large population centers?

Location hidden

#268 Apr 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Chicago Since 1931 have been all Democrats one right after another.
Gosh, Chicago is and has been a Democratic city.

You are expecting the GOP to take over Chicago when the GOP is 94 percent white? What does the GOP have to offer Chicago?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#269 Apr 5, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Partisan blame games?
Oh yeah, that'll solve the problem.....
there is no Partisan Blame Game, the Democrats have been in charge of the Executive(Mayor) Office of Chicago and have presided over the Social & Economical Policy of Chicago since 1931.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#270 Apr 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, Chicago is and has been a Democratic city.
You are expecting the GOP to take over Chicago when the GOP is 94 percent white? What does the GOP have to offer Chicago?
GOP has nothing to offer and Romney proved that besides Chicago doesn't say too much either for the Democrats reign of Chicago with their Social & Economical Policies.

Location hidden

#271 Apr 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>there is no Partisan Blame Game, the Democrats have been in charge of the Executive(Mayor) Office of Chicago and have presided over the Social & Economical Policy of Chicago since 1931.
Gosh... let me get this straight: the people have had a choice on who is mayor every four years and they keep on voting Democrat?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#272 Apr 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't been in an airport since 9-11, eh?
What are you talking about? I traveled many times immediately after 9/11, and what I saw one time in particular, was a Texan in a cowboy hat,someone who looked like a grandmother, and a military guy getting searched at the gate, while 3, 20 something year old men, that resembled those that we associate with being the threat, boarded without issue. I do not understand what you are saying. I have never witnessed any profiling at the airport. Believe me, I am all for it, but never have seen it.

Location hidden

#273 Apr 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh... let me get this straight: the people have had a choice on who is mayor every four years and they keep on voting Democrat?
Yep, and they have done the same thing in Detroit. How's that working for them?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#274 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
My .38 doesn't just go off, I have to squeeze the trigger. I am aware of the dangers people pose as well, that's why I am armed at all times. I think we should ban people who pose a threat like we used to in this country. Insane asylums, federal prisons, work camps and chain gangs need to be revisited. Since the uproar includes the mentally deranged, not just the guns themselves, let's push the politicians to lock the nuts up. I would feel safer if I didn't have a "sexual predator" living next to me, which took 15 years for the police to inform me of. Remember, as many looneys as there are out there, there are a thousand times as many potential victims of their crimes. I refuse to be one of them in order to appease some convoluted sense of safety the hoplophobes have engineered.
Can't ban people.
Can't lock people up unless they commit a crime.
Can't institutionalize people unless they are a proven danger to themselves or others.

Since we can't do anything meaningful BEFORE they commit a gun crime, the only thing we can do is ban the guns they would use to commit those crimes.

Tawas City, Michigan

#275 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the statement I just made about the sexual predator that is my neighbor. Can I tar and feather him and run him out of town on a rail? NOPE, but I sure can let him know I have a gun under my left armpit with his name on it.
You might want to be careful; threatening to shoot someone is probably illegal in your state.

Tawas City, Michigan

#276 Apr 5, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of it is. Another part is lack of common decency, proper upbringing and a lack of personal responsibility. Yet among all that, there are still good and decent people that are grouped among the problem people. A few make it out of it.
So what do we do? Ban large population centers?
No. If we ban large population centers then the criminals will move out into the smaller towns. I'd rather the criminals stay in the large urban centers where we can concentrate law enforcement efforts.

We should do what we can to help those law abiding citizens who may be trapped by circumstance- poverty, etc- to escape the urban centers.

Let the gang bangers & drug dealers & other hoodlums essentially prey on each other.

Tawas City, Michigan

#277 Apr 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>there is no Partisan Blame Game, the Democrats have been in charge of the Executive(Mayor) Office of Chicago and have presided over the Social & Economical Policy of Chicago since 1931.
So that's your only answer? It's the Democrats?

So if they elect a Republican mayor that will magically solve all their problems?

Gee, now why haven't the people of Chicago thought of that?

Tawas City, Michigan

#278 Apr 5, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? I traveled many times immediately after 9/11, and what I saw one time in particular, was a Texan in a cowboy hat,someone who looked like a grandmother, and a military guy getting searched at the gate, while 3, 20 something year old men, that resembled those that we associate with being the threat, boarded without issue. I do not understand what you are saying. I have never witnessed any profiling at the airport. Believe me, I am all for it, but never have seen it.
And you don't think the minute our enemies figure out they're profiling a certain type that they won't start recruiting others who don't match that type?

See women suicide bombers in Israel.....

Our enemies are crazy, but they're not stupid.

Location hidden

#279 Apr 5, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? I traveled many times immediately after 9/11, and what I saw one time in particular,
We should start off with acknowledging you are full of cr@p and then move on to: the TSA's job is to keep terrorists from carrying explosives on airplanes and if I ran a organization and wanted to blow up an airplane, I would use whoever would most likely slip by the screeners including 80 year old grandmothers and pregnant women and I would not send in loud men wearing turbans.

Tawas City, Michigan

#280 Apr 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not a platoon of Marines?
Of course... when Marines get bored they have a habit of playing with their pieces and end up shooting themselves and each other... give them one bullet each and put it in their pocket like Barney.
And they like to have sex with little girls, which is why they keep getting in trouble in Okinawa....

Location hidden

#281 Apr 5, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and they have done the same thing in Detroit. How's that working for them?
Do you know how things work in a democracy sweet cheeks?
Brad

Manchester, CT

#282 Apr 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
We should start off with acknowledging you are full of cr@p and then move on to: the TSA's job is to keep terrorists from carrying explosives on airplanes and if I ran a organization and wanted to blow up an airplane, I would use whoever would most likely slip by the screeners including 80 year old grandmothers and pregnant women and I would not send in loud men wearing turbans.
And you're the chooch that questions Charlie Manson when a half eaten dead guy is found in Jeffrey Dahmers cell block.

Location hidden

#283 Apr 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
But this is where you are full of sh*t. What did the shoe bomber look like? What did the underwear bomber look like? What did everyone on the planes on 9/11 look like? If there is anything an Islamic terrorist can't get their hands on, it's a blue haired grandmother. Your theory has some merit, but the execution would be impossible. I suppose that using your thinking, the terrorist organizations should solely use Arabic men, 20 to 40 years old because nobody suspects them because they appear too obvious.

Location hidden

#284 Apr 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how things work in a democracy sweet cheeks?
Yes, I know that if the choosing of leaders is left in the wrong hands, democracy is the expressway to the destruction of civilization.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1 dead, 14 wounded in Monday shootings across C... 37 min Right Wing 3
News Charleston church shooting coverage criticized ... 1 hr Spaulding Smails 440
News Leominster man pleads not guilty in Fitchburg m... 2 hr Ha ha 1
News Mental evaluation ordered for suspect in Weakle... (Feb '13) 22 hr sammy 9
News Riverside Murder Suspect Turns Himself In (Dec '07) 23 hr MIRA LOMA RIVA 12
News Teen recounts horror of sex slavery (Oct '08) Mon Yikes 25
News Marion police say probation, drug court too len... Mon jobo 1
More from around the web