Salinas marks 29th homicide of 2009

A man died of gunshot wounds after he was shot near Hartnell College in Salinas late Wednesday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
something has to change

Salinas, CA

#2 Dec 17, 2009
One can not make sense for senseless actions

no doubt It's another Gang killing, for what? only they seam to know

again, another sad news beginning of the day
Tony

Pacific Grove, CA

#3 Dec 17, 2009
This article gives the impression that somehow this guy getting shot had something to do with Measure A-Z failing?

Salinas pays a lot of it's Police Officers over $100,000 a year, that's enough to hire Batman or at least Robin to fight crime in Salinas. Can anyone give a ballpark figure of how much it will cost to stop the daily murders in Salinas. Is this daily death count an accounting/funding problem? Will this problem be solved with a couple more $150,000.00 a year Community Organizers?

No one is Salinas believed a tax that went into the general fund would ever be used to hire more law enforcement and the outrageous, almost criminal abuse of overtime made even the most ardent supporters of the Protective Services baulk at dumping more money into a poorly supervised system with no oversight.

1.Sanctuary City garbage needs to go.
2.Com munication with inmates in the prisons needs to be disrupted.
3.The police are going to have to go 21 Jumpstreet and recruit 14-18 year old Hispanic boys and girls to infiltrate the gangs and start collecting intell.
4.Cover east Salinas and all major intersections with HD CCTV Cameras.
5.Pass a law against heavily tinted windows and enforce it.

But I know none of this will happen because people will generalize every criticism into racism against Hispanics. So I guess we just have to accept that young people getting murdered everyday is the norm for Salinas.
Dan Mitchell

Salinas, CA

#4 Dec 17, 2009
Dear racists. The problem with gang violence is one of culture, not race. That is the mistake you make, and your misdirected hatred helps keep the problem festering. We have a problem with certain terrible ideas that animate the kids who are left to the streets because their parents are not there. We need to reach to help the people who are here to become part of our society and critically examine the evil elements in their own.
Dear liberal multiculturalist PCers. The biggest problem in Salinas is not racism against hispanics. It is gang members committing horrific crimes with impunity and a community which tolerates this because of some mix of indifference and fear. These Nazis should not be permitted to operate anywhere. People should fear having a gang tattoo just as much as having a swastika on your forehead. Both announce the same thing. "I am an enemy of civil society, morality, intelligence. I will murder innocent people, children etc. if told by my masters." These people should fear us, the majority. Fuck them and their hideous false beliefs. Tony has some good suggestions. 2 is great but should go further. No gang member sent to prison above the pawn level should be permitted to have any communication whatever with the outside. In the meantime can't some elected representative get the National Guard in by the thousands just in recognition of the emergency?
robert gomez

Salinas, CA

#5 Dec 17, 2009
the school was locked down by custodial staff and security in a joint effort to assure the students and staff safety
Antonio Le Grande

Turlock, CA

#6 Dec 17, 2009
We need to come down on these gang banging scum bags.
STOP the Violence

Salinas, CA

#9 Dec 17, 2009
sad..The 29th victim was a black male, shot 11 times, he was taken to SVMH
Dan Mitchell wrote:
Dear racists. The problem with gang violence is one of culture, not race. That is the mistake you make, and your misdirected hatred helps keep the problem festering. We have a problem with certain terrible ideas that animate the kids who are left to the streets because their parents are not there. We need to reach to help the people who are here to become part of our society and critically examine the evil elements in their own.
Dear liberal multiculturalist PCers. The biggest problem in Salinas is not racism against hispanics. It is gang members committing horrific crimes with impunity and a community which tolerates this because of some mix of indifference and fear. These Nazis should not be permitted to operate anywhere. People should fear having a gang tattoo just as much as having a swastika on your forehead. Both announce the same thing. "I am an enemy of civil society, morality, intelligence. I will murder innocent people, children etc. if told by my masters." These people should fear us, the majority.**** them and their hideous false beliefs. Tony has some good suggestions. 2 is great but should go further. No gang member sent to prison above the pawn level should be permitted to have any communication whatever with the outside. In the meantime can't some elected representative get the National Guard in by the thousands just in recognition of the emergency?
National Guard Time

Salinas, CA

#10 Dec 17, 2009
29 murdrer victims, 28 of them Hispanic, the 29th Black , what does it all mean? All unsoved????
something has to change wrote:
One can not make sense for senseless actions
no doubt It's another Gang killing, for what? only they seam to know
again, another sad news beginning of the day
HolierThanTHOU

Murrieta, CA

#11 Dec 17, 2009
Good, let them continue to shoot each other until Salinas drowns in blood.
Dan Mitchell

Salinas, CA

#13 Dec 18, 2009
Sorry "now what", I'm white. That makes me one of the chosen ones according to your rotting, simple mind! It would be clear by my first comment that I loathe gangbangers, and would support a few special forces teams coming through the whole state and routing them. I also love my hispanic neighbors of many backgrounds and many features of their culture. All of us who love civil society and helping others, and morality generally construed should make an uncompromising stand against the repulsive idolatry of gangs, just as we wouldn't tolerate the admiration of
Nazis.
Hey Bwana

Salinas, CA

#15 Dec 18, 2009
Hello White Man. Use your whiteness to make the police accountable. I GOT YOUR BACK, but because I have a brown skin tone, they do not listen, jefe. We want the murders to stop also, OH White Bwana, help us savages see the light.
Dan Mitchell wrote:
Sorry "now what", I'm white. That makes me one of the chosen ones according to your rotting, simple mind! It would be clear by my first comment that I loathe gangbangers, and would support a few special forces teams coming through the whole state and routing them. I also love my hispanic neighbors of many backgrounds and many features of their culture. All of us who love civil society and helping others, and morality generally construed should make an uncompromising stand against the repulsive idolatry of gangs, just as we wouldn't tolerate the admiration of
Nazis.
Banger resting place

Salinas, CA

#18 Dec 19, 2009
There is a special place in hell for you Gang Bangers. I understand the weather is unbearably hot. I just hope your children don't follow in your foot steps.
Dan Mitchell

Salinas, CA

#20 Dec 21, 2009
Hey Bwana- I'm not sure what you mean by hold police accountable. What are they supposed to do when the community won't help? There are 14 cops to cover the whole city. How are they supposed to prevent atrocities? Ouija boards or what? The communities where gangs live should repudiate them and make plain what they think of murder, and racism, and nazism, and stalinism and the repulsive dogmas of gangs etc etc and all other awful belief systems which give people licence to act terribly.
Solution

Salinas, CA

#21 Dec 21, 2009
Bring the Dog the Bounty Hunter to Salinas. We need your help!!!
HolierThanTHOU

Oil City, PA

#22 Dec 27, 2009
Dan Mitchell wrote:
Hey Bwana- I'm not sure what you mean by hold police accountable. What are they supposed to do when the community won't help? There are 14 cops to cover the whole city. How are they supposed to prevent atrocities? Ouija boards or what? The communities where gangs live should repudiate them and make plain what they think of murder, and racism, and nazism, and stalinism and the repulsive dogmas of gangs etc etc and all other awful belief systems which give people licence to act terribly.
How do you know there are just 14 cops? More info please.
MokiCruz

Rozet, WY

#23 Dec 29, 2009
Dan Mitchell wrote:
Social ills aren't government problems. If that is the type of environment you want to live in it's up to you. I you don't like it call a meeting of all the people who hate it to see what your willing to do to stop it. Vidual-anti tactics are successful with citizen arrests and nothing that will get you sued. If you film them doing something and 4 or five of you take them with Tieraps for hands cuffs the police have to make sure they go before a judge. Don't whine do something.
too true

Monterey, CA

#24 Dec 29, 2009
Dan Mitchell wrote:
Dear liberal multiculturalist PCers. The biggest problem in Salinas is not racism against hispanics. It is gang members committing horrific crimes with impunity and a community which tolerates this because of some mix of indifference and fear. These Nazis should not be permitted to operate anywhere. People should fear having a gang tattoo just as much as having a swastika on your forehead. Both announce the same thing. "I am an enemy of civil society, morality, intelligence. I will murder innocent people, children etc. if told by my masters." These people should fear us, the majority. Fuck them and their hideous false beliefs. Tony has some good suggestions. 2 is great but should go further. No gang member sent to prison above the pawn level should be permitted to have any communication whatever with the outside. In the meantime can't some elected representative get the National Guard in by the thousands just in recognition of the emergency?
Couldn't agree more.
Too true and nobody it seems want to fix it it.
DoNotLiveInSalin as

Seaside, CA

#25 Jan 23, 2010
Let 'em kill each other- just don't let them onto the peninsula.
Lorraine

Santa Cruz, CA

#26 Mar 14, 2010
Don't give up Dan. you have a clear picture on this.
I live a few towns away, and the gang problem has grown exponentially.
MokiCruz-I would LOVE to take these guys out. But the odds of me and 4 or 5 other people WITHOUT GUNS, well I see a potential problem here.
I think we should be able to Take Them Out,since they are a major threat and worse to society. If they were 'only' killing eachother yeah fine, but others' are hit in the Crossfire, and often times on Purpose. It's NOT just themselves they are killing, maiming.

This whole thing is sickening. I was born in CA, I am White Girl, and I started getting treated very very disrespectfully by Hispanic women of all ages. It scares me and pisses me off. I try to be cool so I don't get myself shot.

You live in Montana, bring everyone you can AND their guns, and come and help us.

I understand that most / all major cities in the U.S. are inundated with Gangs.

The Gang Lifestyle goes on for generations in these cultures, it IS a way of life. I don't have the answer and don't have a gun.

I honestly think it should be not only OKAY but Necessary to take 'em out. We aren't supposed to take the law into our own hands. oh except now with all the cutbacks, wtf are we supposed to do ?
form a freaking neighborhodd watch. that's about all we can do legally. it may help a little.

We are in a lose-lose situation.

It upsets me when someone says to some else (and this happens alot) that quit your whining and DO something.
Why do you have to be rude about it ?

Posting on here and trying to understand the situation is the beginning, and I find it extremely helpful, I learn from the Thinkers who try and understand and brainstorm what 'we' can do.
within the law. OF COURSE.

What a screwed up system. These people do not Deserve to live in the land of the "free."

Why do the Criminals' have all the rights ?

okay I'll stop now.
casper

San Francisco, CA

#27 Jun 4, 2010
National Guard Time wrote:
29 murdrer victims, 28 of them Hispanic, the 29th Black , what does it all mean? All unsoved????
<quoted text>
ACTUALLY ALL HISPANIC IDIOT ALL GANGS IN SALINAS ARE HISPANIC JUST LIKE THE REST OF CALIFORNIA
Gangs Stink

United States

#28 Jun 4, 2010
casper wrote:
<quoted text> ACTUALLY ALL HISPANIC IDIOT ALL GANGS IN SALINAS ARE HISPANIC JUST LIKE THE REST OF CALIFORNIA
I appreciate your coments, brother. You are a little late for the party.....NO?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 10 min CouldHaveBeenMe35... 2,751
Six Shootings in 12 Hours Leave One Dead, Many ... 3 hr Knee Garr 1
$500K in donations remain in Santa Cruz police ... 3 hr Believable 3
Man 'Cooked' Ex-Girlfriend's Dog And Fed It To Her 6 hr Paula Dean 20
1 dead, 1 wounded in Baldwin Park shooting (Nov '12) 10 hr clean626 147
Murder Trial Date set for Franklin County Woman (Dec '13) 12 hr ughhh 59
1 dead, 1 injured in El Monte shooting 14 hr cboy 5
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••